PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

just saw the face comparison video for the ps4 and i must say good job konami i love how messi's face was detailed. I'll admit a little biased towards barca but still those faces are quality.

Goodjob Konami and adam bhatti

if someone could answer a question for me:

does this game support full manual controls like FIFA? I know there is a

Passing - 0-4 bars.
Shooting - Manual/Advanced/Basic settings but I didn"t fin any information about Crossing.

Just getting back from school so I haven't had a chance to try it out, but in previous versions the only thing that seemed completely manual was shooting. Crossing as well but not without holding L2. Passing even on 0 assistance was/(is?) not fully manual. Of course it can be debated that this is a good thing, stats play a bigger role even on manual etc., but if you still need an answer I'll post in a few hours with the results. From what I saw on the menu's there is no way to have crosses on manual without holding L2.

This is PES2014 for PC with fluid animaciones and responsiveness.

It grows on you. Through balls are deadly. Jinking too.

Played about a dozen matches with very mixed feelings.

* Ball physics aren't great
* Love these player models and the weight of players so much more than FIFA
* Pace feels good but seems to lack the intensity of the modern game
* Shooting felt off to me
* Individuality was a disappointment, especially when it came to the way players 'handled'
* Some good AI but also some pretty bad AI; the attacking movement was disappointing and teammates ball-watch too much both in attack and defense
* Animations are just okay; sometimes fluid, sometimes not;
* Keepers were mostly great except for two really bad mistakes
* CPU AI is like FIFA in that it seems to rely on single moments of greatness rather than all around play; never once was a goal scored against me by impressive team play; examples were Hamsick scoring a ridiculous half volley that came from behind him
* Balls going through players legs an unreal amount
* I love R2 dribbling
* Too often feels like the game is choosing what it wants outcomes to be rather than what you'd expect
* Can be a bit clumsy

Overall, feels like a very solid PES game, though I'm not sure it's going to win over those who aren't already familiar with the game. I feel like I probably would've enjoyed it a lot more if I could remember all the controls, but it's been so long since PES was my football game.

Understand that I now consider myself a total noob when it comes to PES, so some of my more negative impressions might be influenced by me simply being unfamiliar with the game, as I felt very out of sync at times.

I could see this PES providing a lot of fun and satisfaction once you get into the depth the franchise typically offers, though I must admit I'm disappointed by the lack of any 'wow' factor.

anyone can tell me actual differences between PS4 and PS3 version of DEMO?
(I am a Pc gamer so it is very important to me considering the windows version of the game will be a ps3 porting)

Tessellation had been lowered. Texture Details had been lowered. The game uses more CPU in PS4 than in PS3 which means less physics, downgraded Keeper AI, downgraded movement AI, downgraded referee decision AI, downgraded movement precision. Pretty much they use the same source code for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC which is a tweaked version of PS4 and Xbox one source code. Just watch a gameplay video of PES 2014 in PS4 and then PS3 side by side.

Graphics aside, My main gripe with the game is the shooting/Goalkeepers. It is too easy to score and keepers don't do merely enough.

I dont know how the ps3 version plays, but at least on PS4 the game is NOT fast at all.

Pace is great and players weightness js awesome!

This (pace And players weight) and how more alive the AI is, with players always attempting to anticipate to cut passes or marking an attacking player when he recieves the ball, giving him not much freedom to turn towards the goal (unlike in Fifa), making the game more tatical and with more midfield and a more exciting and unpredictable fight for ball possession, is what makes me prefer PES over Fifa 15 demo, even though I also had fun playing the latter thats indeed getting better and better on nextgen.

The way how individuality is reflected on the game and how some special players move is fantastic. C. Ronaldo is just like him, as well as Robben. Its jmpressive.

But four things need to be addressed:

- CPU still is poor in keeping ball possession. Sure its passing game is better and has more variety, but it's easy to surpass the CPU ball possession, too easy.

- CPU needs a bit more variety in attacking plays. CPU tries long air ball a bit too much. Juventus as well as R. madrid do This a lot

- the lack of fouls worries me. I still miss we9 for that reason

- There's a bit of delay with the manual switch cursor with the right stick. It needs to be more responsive

Thats all so far

Last edited:
How is that biased?
He says he tried the demo and he doesn't like it, what doesn't he like??? is it the shooting? or keepers or the animations. He doesn't mention anything. I am of the impression that if you do not like something you state why you do not like it.

His total impression was Meh, it's just childish and immature

He says he tried the demo and he doesn't like it, what doesn't he like??? is it the shooting? or keepers or the animations. He doesn't mention anything. I am of the impression that if you do not like something you state why you do not like it.

His total impression was Meh, it's just childish and immature

Well mate I can't say you're any better having an opinion without even touching it :LOL:

Been playing the demo on PS4. First thing is first, it is nothing like FIFA because I have been playing FIFA demo for quite some time now and neither is it like PES 2014. Completely different games. Controls and response times are the best things about this game. Brings that old PES feel back. A lot of people have been saying that its not a breakthrough change in gameplay. I agree. Still, better game than anything else out there. Shots are too powerful sometimes and Konami should know that not everyone can launch one like Ibra or CR7. Superstar is alright. Feels a bit too easy. Keepers are much better. They always will do something stupid no matter how much Konami or EA work on them. They must have smaller brains or something.

I won 2-1 against Juve as Napoli and both of my goals were due to AI errors. I managed to pull of a smooth R2 shot with Hamsik. I dont know what the keeper was doing on my second goal with Higuain.

YouTube - WORLD SOCCER Winning Eleven 2015 DEMO

YouTube - Winning Eleven 2015 goal Higuain

Last edited:
I find it extremely surprising how just a tiny part of these boards are rating the demo the way Asim, Adam and the rest were doing. "The King is back". "Best PES ever". "Amazing". etc etc etc. I honestly thought I would come in here and find an orgy full of ass-kissers. But to my surprise you people seem to be a lot more measured than I thought, and I'm with most of you on this one.

It's a little bittersweet for me.
Played about 5 matches on PS3.

I think I like it because I hated the unresponsiveness of 2014. I also like the new animations.
However I don't like how easy it is to score once you're in the box.

Is it just me or PES 2014 looked a lot better on PS3 than PES 2015? It's like they downgraded the graphics on purpose to force you to buy a next-gen console. It's so NOT HD.

BTW, do people at Konami HATE Messi? Seems to me eversince Messi switched from Konami to EA all they do is lower his skills and represent him as bad as possible. Haven't been able to pull a single good individual play with Messi while I've been able to do great things with Neymar, Ronaldo, Tevez, Iniesta, Robben, etc. Messi's Player ID is pretty much non existent. He doesn't move like him AT ALL.

I'm still bothered by the way players carry the ball when I'm not holding the sprinting button. Just as I've been telling you since the first videos got out. The way the move their hands is shameful.

I remember many members of this forum ranting about the lack of inertia and foot-planting in FIFA forever, but what about that in PES 2015? I've been able to run full speed with Neymar and all of a sudden stop and switch direction in a second like it was nothing. A human would get his knee split in two trying to do that.

I like the new responsiveness in it. I like the passing. I like the AI.

Mixed feelings. Unfortunately I won't be able to form an opinion unless I try the NextGen version.

Knowing how Konami manipulates everything and how much they lie, I'm with Lami on this one: The difference between PS3 and PS4 is purely graphical not as they claim.

Last edited:
BTW, do people at Konami HATE Messi? Seems to me eversince Messi switched from Konami to EA all they do is lower his skills and represent him as bad as possible. Haven't been able to pull a single good individual play with Messi while I've been able to do great things with Neymar, Ronaldo, Tevez, Iniesta, Robben, etc. Messi's Player ID is pretty much non existent. He doesn't move like him AT ALL.

:SHOCK:
Not the case on NG version for me

Played with Barcelona and Messi tore teams apart. Infact I saved one of his runs where I got past 3 players and dribbling on his left foot with his very distinguished little touches and finished with that left foot with aplomb, the keeper was rooted to his spot. It looked fantastic and I saved the vid.

Fifa on the otherhand hates him. They make him right footed, no close control and very light and easy to dispossess.

After a long day and long download I finally got to play a couple of games in.

Wow that old feeling of Pes is back it's somthing that I can't describe that's been missing since Pes 5/6.

Planning several passes ahead because you can rely on the AI doing what u expect they would do. Playing the ball wide before swinging in a cross into space knowing you forward will attack said space but all done in a split second thought because it just feels right.

Positives:
AI movement for and aggainst
AI Reaction when ball changes direction rebound etc
Game Speed
Close up scenes look amazing
Player likenesses
Gameplan

Negatives:
Lack of fouls from AI
Stutter when player gets played a ball to run on to sometimes

Like I said it's hard to describe that feeling of control/freedom but all you PS2 guys will know what I mean :)

I have downloaded the ps4 demo and after more or less 10 games the impressions are very good. One thing I truly like is the feeling that I get better and better at it. In pes 2014, despite the fact I liked it, I never really felt I was improving at all. Like others mentioned, there are not enough CPU fauls, but it is hard to judge from my games because I really suck at dribbling so I never try 1 on 1 situations and instead I try to break CPU defense with passes. Probably if I try a different approach then the CPU will be forced into fauls. All in all, I'm in to buy the final product, but I still hope that when PES 2015 will hit the market we will be able to import images to edit fake teams.

Demo is out on Xbox ONE!

Hong Kong

Bxy6984CYAALRQa.jpg

Played the demo on PS4. What a joy. I just hope they fix online. If there is no cheating and a nice MLO concept this game will be epic.

Back
Top Bottom