PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

There is La Liga adboards in the new WE 2015 trailer, maybe the whole La Liga stadiums will return in Pes 2015?

I really hope so

i think no...if that, there should be some la liga stadiums in the trailler. you have to play all matches on Konami stadium.
Asim from wenb said that this year will be same as last year in la liga terms.

made the same post on WENB so this is a copy and paste job :)

Right here's my write up playing on PS3...

Good write-up. Most of this is true on PS4 too. I've only played around 10 games but I think this is a much better offering than 2014; there are still issues with passing being a bit too air-hockey like, appearing to zoom about in straight lines rather than bobble frequently or appear scuffed, or 180 degree passes losing a lot of accuracy. The funny thing is that the game does have bobble, or passes that are hit so hard that they actually lift 20-30cm off the ground, or you can use manual/advanced through ball to trace a curve and hit a swerving pass. 2 bar passing feels pretty good at the moment, it allows you to hit the ball into space quite effectively without removing the instinctiveness, individuality and fluidity of modern football in the way manual passing often does in football games. I'll give 1 bar a second try tonight, now that I'm more familiar with the dribbling (Goetze's a nippy bugger, as is Asamoah) and the defending.

I still feel like defending needs to have a bit more precision and certainty to what you're trying to do; there doesn't seem to be an option to stand-off unless you just control your player manually, and sometimes it feels like your teammates should be closer to their marker. At times midfielders do at least cut off passing lanes quite well though.

Also - where are all the defensive tactical options in the team management screens? I think Konami made a mistake by getting rid of the ability to easily tweak player positions. It's not intuitive at all at the moment, hiding it behind so many button presses.

played a few more games on ps3 today

there's absolutely no physicality, players like ronaldo move differently, but you don't feel it when you control them, everyone feels the same, ball physics seem worse than pes6, and once you dribble past one guy in midfield or even your own half you can dribble 50m without any problem, the defenders don't play the ball, they just stay back until you are in the box (superstar difficulty), no dynamic to it

really hoped i would like it this year, maybe it's totally different on ps4 but so far i'm disappointed

For download the demo on Xbox1 you indeed just need to have English as language and Hong Kong as region. NO new account needed!

For Xbox 360 I don't know: Isn't there a way to change the region to one in asian? Then you probably can get it from the Marketplace overthere.

For download the demo on Xbox1 you indeed just need to have English as language and Hong Kong as region. NO new account needed!

For Xbox 360 I don't know: Isn't there a way to change the region to one in asian? Then you probably can get it from the Marketplace overthere.

Is it the 360 store? I've just made a new japanese Account on my xbox, but I can't find it.
Or only Hongkong? I've read somewhere it's also on the japanese store..

Player ID is very well executed: Pirlo, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso are dead on with their movements. Higuaín is uncannily similar to his real self, in every movement and gesture. It's lovely.

Kicking power is harder to master than 2014, as the bar fills up quickly. I have noticed Bale and CR7 being power houses, but have not tried long range shots with weak players like Iniesta, will see. Weak foot is definitely noticeable, Kroos shoots with both legs perfectly, while di Maria can't shoot for his life with his right leg.

I'm liking it.

Thx a lot man!
Sounds quite promising, so you made my day :).

Can´t wait to try it myself.

i think no...if that, there should be some la liga stadiums in the trailler. you have to play all matches on Konami stadium.
Asim from wenb said that this year will be same as last year in la liga terms.
Asim also said he could be wrong about this let us wait for konami announcements

There seems to be a general misconception that konami's faces are not scanned, that is a lie. I saw a video some months back of how konami scanned Honda's face pretty much similarly to how ea have been doing. I think they use a combination of scanning and sculpting to create the faces

Does anyone else find the ps4 controller weird for using R1 as sprint? I used to religiously use R1 as sprint on old PES games with PS2/PS3 controller, but I've had to change sprint to R2 now, because on the PS4 Controller it just feels weird to me using R1, the button doesnt feel right when you press it, or am I alone in this one?

Last edited:
Got it running on my dusty PS4 :p. I have to say like the others it's a lot slower than I thought it would be, based on the videos I've seen. Overall it's a good game but some of the animation transitions are a bit jerky and ball physics seems a bit off for me. It's like playing on tall grass or something when it comes to ground passes.

Been hammering the FIFA 15 Demo non-stop on manual and going back to PES, shooting feels a bit easy, I guess that's to do with stats I suppose. But in FIFA I'm missing a fair bit more from wide angles and it's opposite in PES, it's easy with the top players (Ronaldo) but maybe too easy for my liking.

Original plan was to buy PES on PS4 and FIFA on PC, but not now too sure about buying PES on PS4 though. It's a good game but after mulling it over I'm not the type that likes to switch between two footie games in a year. If option file sharing comes too late or doesn't come at all, it's dead for me.

Does anyone else find the ps4 controller weird for using R1 as sprint? I used to religiously use R1 as sprint on old PES games with PS2/PS3 controller, but I've had to change sprint to R2 now, because on the PS4 Controller it just feels weird to me using R1, the button doesnt feel right when you press it, or am I alone in this one?

I have the same issue. R1 doesn't feel right to me for sprinting after years of using the older PS controllers, which in my opinion were perfect for PES/FIFA. Not a big fan of using the DS4 altogether really for playing football.

Heads up for xboxone users...go to settings,select system and change your location to Hong Kong....select restart now and your be able to download the we demo without creating a different account.

Enjoy!

Oh dear looking at that new trailer again im quite sure that la liga stadiums wont be in the game for gods sake konami. Playing la liga games in konami stadium is just ridiculous. I wonder why EA do these stupid things, licensing teams and what not is one thing but licensing exclusive stadiums is just bad and anti-consumer.

Im not having a another year of switching between footie games.
Didnt do that last year as PES wasnt out for PS4.
IMO you have to pick one and stick with it for a while. If you switch between two you are just making it hard to master one and will try to play it like the other.
I tried it last night. Played PES15 for and hour then fired up the FIFA15 demo and couldnt get into it all.

So this year im picking one and sticking.

PS - I dont give a toss about official stadiums. As long as there is 2 goals and grass thatll do for me.

Oh dear looking at that new trailer again im quite sure that la liga stadiums wont be in the game for gods sake konami. Playing la liga games in konami stadium is just ridiculous. I wonder why EA do these stupid things, licensing teams and what not is one thing but licensing exclusive stadiums is just bad and anti-consumer.

Konami cant compete with EA financially, so the blame should be totally in EA's direction, not Konami imo. But let's wait & see eh?

Right here's my write up playing on PS3.

- Shooting needs more variation in direction as it's too easy to hit the target, lot's of other people are complaining about shooting in the box being a guaranteed goal and while i don't agree 100% it does gravitate towards the goal a bit too often. I would like to see more Row Z efforts and shots wider than 1cm of the target. Also overall, the shooting power is too high and it should be lowered especially for the lesser players.

- Conversely Finesse Shooting is a dream and has the variation that standard shooting should have. the ball is weighted and curls absolutely perfectly and the power is spot on. using it when close up the the keper brings out these special animations that really cap it off. Bravo

- Heading also has good direction and variation, in fact if anything it probably needs solid contact slightly more often that it currently has but if nothing changes then I would be a happy man

- Goalkeepers lsiten guys, after the final patch on PES2014 there was literally nothing to worry about goalkeepers apart from their animations. they are even better now and feel completely human. my one gripe is they should deal with shots straight at them a little better (at least they parry away from the goal now!)

- Passing is crisp. I think people might find it underpowered compared to usual PES, and while i don't think this is the case, the ball physics for ground passes could be better as the ball kindof trundles along, someone else described it as being like a 'bowling ball' which i think describes the visual aspect of it perfectly. Hopefully they can improve the ball physics without overpowering the zip in the passes

- Lofted passing, and crossing is improved better than i can ever remember on PES. my only gripe is something which has always been the way, is say, if you want to launch a lofted pass down the channel for a stiker to run on to, the only real way to do this is to use the L2 manual modifier, as a standard O pass will aim straight for the striker (this makes sense i guess, but it would be nice to have the option to launch one down the channel)

- Through balls are something i'm struggling to get the hang of. i can't seem to get the power and diredction that I am trying for, the seem a bit laser guided. low through balls through the middle are a guaranteed clear cut chance in my opinion and need to be toned down.

- Defending is nice but the luck/judgement ratio is still a bit balanced on the luck side for me, maybe it'll just take getting used to but i seem to struggle to get the luck of the bounce after making a challenge. much better than the FIFA tactical crap (can't believe i got this far without a FIFA comparison :))

- Referees they don't give enough fouls! and the fouls they do give automatically seem to be a yellow card! don't get me wrong this is still better than any other PES referee I have encountered in years but it is incredibly frustrating! maybe they are worried of breaking up the beautiful flowing game pace by adding more stoppages but I cant handle losing the ball in an attacking area only to not have a foul given, in one instance yesterday my player went down holding his leg and was out of action and the ref still didn't give it! the good news though is the AI do concede fouls! they are 'human' just like the rest of us.

One final word on the AI there, they are great, they keep the ball, they press, they make mistakes and they commit fouls... BUT... i would like to see them build up play more in the final third, they spend a lot of time with a slow build up but their movement going forward doesn't feel like enough, this goes for the human teams AI as well by the way, i would like to see better support in the final third which will lessen the AI's frequency of making that killer ball a mad one and would look much more natural.

that's it for now. I want to also comment on the set pieces but I haven't had enough of them yet to make a fair judgement.

Spot on really. The demo is quite good but I wouldn't buy the game in this state. My main issues right now are poor ball physics for grounded passes, shooting and a few clunky animations, as usual. The game is also not as fluid as I thought it would be after watching a lot of preview videos. All those areas need to be improved. Glad there's another month of development left before release.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the use of advanced throughballs to curve passes, and the ability to press R2 + rightstick to touch the ball out for a long pass (particularly if you enter that command before you receive the ball, so your first touch is to ready the ball for a cross).

What PES has always done better than FIFA is to give you the ability to run away from goal to buy space, even if midfielders are dropping back behind goal. The ability to use a crafty lay-off to use the defence's momentum against them and present a good shooting opportunity, or to use the faintest flick of the ball to use a runner's momentum to their advantage, feels so much more effective and intelligent in PES. Time will inevitably tell us exactly what Konami have got wrong this year in terms of what's over and underpowered, and I still think there's quite a lot to be done to improve intuitiveness and fluidity (whilst still keeping the game's momentum and methodical approach). But at least I find playing this interesting, I find the AI to be able to make mistakes as I do, and I find more and more opportunities to try something inventive and satisfying.

Konami cant compete with EA financially, so the blame should be totally in EA's direction, not Konami imo. But let's wait & see eh?

I don't think it's a case of KONAMI not being able to compete, its more like PES Productions or the team making PES are not supplied handsomely as well as FIFA is with EA.

I think we should stop seeing KONAMI as the small underdog, they're just focused on making profit with other ventures and not pump in too much to their video games.

IINM, it's been mentioned before that they supply slot machines as well.

So Konami have turned into Fischer Price and are now making childrens toys. Removal of attacking/defending levels combined with watered down tactical options. Players with 68 passing accuracy hitting passes that make Pirlo jealous. Every player having the shooting ability of a prime Henry. What a terrible, terrible PES game, RIP.

I'm really enjoying the use of advanced throughballs to curve passes, and the ability to press R2 + rightstick to touch the ball out for a long pass (particularly if you enter that command before you receive the ball, so your first touch is to ready the ball for a cross).

What PES has always done better than FIFA is to give you the ability to run away from goal to buy space, even if midfielders are dropping back behind goal. The ability to use a crafty lay-off to use the defence's momentum against them and present a good shooting opportunity, or to use the faintest flick of the ball to use a runner's momentum to their advantage, feels so much more effective and intelligent in PES. Time will inevitably tell us exactly what Konami have got wrong this year in terms of what's over and underpowered, and I still think there's quite a lot to be done to improve intuitiveness and fluidity (whilst still keeping the game's momentum and methodical approach). But at least I find playing this interesting, I find the AI to be able to make mistakes as I do, and I find more and more opportunities to try something inventive and satisfying.

Both your posts are spot on..good call and well written assessment.

Defending at times can feel a little awkward and blocky rather then feeling like you can go toe to toe.Definetly a greater variety in build up and a better sense of reward for moving and working the ball then FIFA.

Right here's my write up playing on PS3.

- Shooting needs more variation in direction as it's too easy to hit the target, lot's of other people are complaining about shooting in the box being a guaranteed goal and while i don't agree 100% it does gravitate towards the goal a bit too often. I would like to see more Row Z efforts and shots wider than 1cm of the target. Also overall, the shooting power is too high and it should be lowered especially for the lesser players.

- Conversely Finesse Shooting is a dream and has the variation that standard shooting should have. the ball is weighted and curls absolutely perfectly and the power is spot on. using it when close up the the keper brings out these special animations that really cap it off. Bravo

- Heading also has good direction and variation, in fact if anything it probably needs solid contact slightly more often that it currently has but if nothing changes then I would be a happy man

- Goalkeepers lsiten guys, after the final patch on PES2014 there was literally nothing to worry about goalkeepers apart from their animations. they are even better now and feel completely human. my one gripe is they should deal with shots straight at them a little better (at least they parry away from the goal now!)

- Passing is crisp. I think people might find it underpowered compared to usual PES, and while i don't think this is the case, the ball physics for ground passes could be better as the ball kindof trundles along, someone else described it as being like a 'bowling ball' which i think describes the visual aspect of it perfectly. Hopefully they can improve the ball physics without overpowering the zip in the passes

- Lofted passing, and crossing is improved better than i can ever remember on PES. my only gripe is something which has always been the way, is say, if you want to launch a lofted pass down the channel for a stiker to run on to, the only real way to do this is to use the L2 manual modifier, as a standard O pass will aim straight for the striker (this makes sense i guess, but it would be nice to have the option to launch one down the channel)

- Through balls are something i'm struggling to get the hang of. i can't seem to get the power and diredction that I am trying for, the seem a bit laser guided. low through balls through the middle are a guaranteed clear cut chance in my opinion and need to be toned down.

- Defending is nice but the luck/judgement ratio is still a bit balanced on the luck side for me, maybe it'll just take getting used to but i seem to struggle to get the luck of the bounce after making a challenge. much better than the FIFA tactical crap (can't believe i got this far without a FIFA comparison :))

- Referees they don't give enough fouls! and the fouls they do give automatically seem to be a yellow card! don't get me wrong this is still better than any other PES referee I have encountered in years but it is incredibly frustrating! maybe they are worried of breaking up the beautiful flowing game pace by adding more stoppages but I cant handle losing the ball in an attacking area only to not have a foul given, in one instance yesterday my player went down holding his leg and was out of action and the ref still didn't give it! the good news though is the AI do concede fouls! they are 'human' just like the rest of us.

One final word on the AI there, they are great, they keep the ball, they press, they make mistakes and they commit fouls... BUT... i would like to see them build up play more in the final third, they spend a lot of time with a slow build up but their movement going forward doesn't feel like enough, this goes for the human teams AI as well by the way, i would like to see better support in the final third which will lessen the AI's frequency of making that killer ball a mad one and would look much more natural.

that's it for now. I want to also comment on the set pieces but I haven't had enough of them yet to make a fair judgement.

attach this aswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmWY5SaDLrc

they should review all the tricks ingame to find out wich could be overpowered

Last edited:
I saw someone asked Adam about the shoulder barge with right stick on his twitter. he said it now depends on player physic and stat.

"Depends" as in "it happens automatically when you run next to an opponent and you are superior physically" or as in "you trigger it somehow and then the result depends on the stats"?

You can no longer tap R in the direction of the rival to barge in, as it will now change the defending player to another.

So when is the European demo out on the Xbox one? what a fiasco fact that Hong Kong can play it before anyone else is bizarre.

"Depends" as in "it happens automatically when you run next to an opponent and you are superior physically" or as in "you trigger it somehow and then the result depends on the stats"?

You can no longer tap R in the direction of the rival to barge in, as it will now change the defending player to another.

thank GOD for that! it makes defending more pro as in FIFA :COOL: no need to hold down 454 buttons to the desired change player

I actually preferred the 2014 method.

Pressing L1 was no problem for me in order to select a teammate. Not being able to use the right stick to use the player's weight to get an opponent off-balance sounds like a step backwards to me.

Heads up for xboxone users...go to settings,select system and change your location to Hong Kong....select restart now and your be able to download the we demo without creating a different account.

Enjoy!

Thanks to both of you guys fir the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom