PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I was determined to buy a PS4 exclusively for PES 2015. Of course I was going to get some more worthy games too, eventually, but not right away. I was only interested in PES.

Mainly because what I had seen from it was attractive. Also because what I was getting from the FIFA 15 videos wasn't, it looked and seemed to be just a FIFA 14 update.

After playing the FIFA 15 Demo on PC I was WOWed right away. The graphics, the gameplay, the animations, the pace, the cutscenes, everything looks like a real match. Sure, it has its annoyances just like ever single game out there, from any genre. Don't you even think for a second that PES will be bugs-free or that it won't have anything annoying. That's impossible.

Now I'm really starting to doubt whether or not it's worth spending all that money in a PS4 for a game I can't even try right now since I don't own the console, and its alternative (the PC version) won't be coming anytime soon and it won't even be the same version.

I guess I'll just have to wait till some PS4 owners try it, comment on it, watch lots of videos and only then decide what to do. So far, I'm 80% sure I won't be buying PS4 nor PES 2015. But I will be buying FIFA 15 on PC, unless your comments and your videos from the PES 2015 Demo really force me to.

And this is just an (personal) example of how KONAMI loses their customers and their fans, while EA gains more every year.

Congrats man I respect you enourmusly for coming and stating the elephant in the room.

People on another board get defensive and agresive when I tell them that they buy console just for ONE game.

However I wouldnt buy a console for one game. Epsesially in these harsh economic times. And with pes that can be decietful....unless you play it yourself.

I was determined to buy a PS4 exclusively for PES 2015. Of course I was going to get some more worthy games too, eventually, but not right away. I was only interested in PES.

Mainly because what I had seen from it was attractive. Also because what I was getting from the FIFA 15 videos wasn't, it looked and seemed to be just a FIFA 14 update.

After playing the FIFA 15 Demo on PC I was WOWed right away. The graphics, the gameplay, the animations, the pace, the cutscenes, everything looks like a real match. Sure, it has its annoyances just like ever single game out there, from any genre. Don't you even think for a second that PES will be bugs-free or that it won't have anything annoying. That's impossible.

Now I'm really starting to doubt whether or not it's worth spending all that money in a PS4 for a game I can't even try right now since I don't own the console, and its alternative (the PC version) won't be coming anytime soon and it won't even be the same version.

I guess I'll just have to wait till some PS4 owners try it, comment on it, watch lots of videos and only then decide what to do. So far, I'm 80% sure I won't be buying PS4 nor PES 2015. But I will be buying FIFA 15 on PC, unless your comments and your videos from the PES 2015 Demo really force me to.

And this is just an (personal) example of how KONAMI loses their customers and their fans, while EA gains more every year.

Honestly i wouldn't buy a game depending exclusively on what others have to say about it, maybe for someone is a total garbage than for others it's great... What would you choose than? I suggest you to try something before jumping on hurried conclusions mate, the answer lies in your hands.

I wonder how long and how subtle it will take them to announce that there will be no camp nou or santiago bernabeu this year.

I am saying this because i got an email from fc-barcelona asking me to go download the fifa 15 demo just like they did last year for fifa 14 which tells me that what ever deal EA had with them last year still continues into this year.

So its just a matter of time before the shit-storm hits, and if it is eventually confirmed that there will be no la-liga stadiums, dat would be my cue out of here because i am not going to fall for that gameplay is fundamental bullshit of pes 2014 and playing master league matches in 3 stadiums.

The supposed silence about stadiums could be a testament to that fact. None of that bullshit with me "no Spanish stadiums no buy".
Its as simple as that, cuz i dont see how i could possibly enjoy master-league without la-liga stadiums im done using my imagination to play pes.

+1

dat is exactly how i feel

Konami always messes their dates up.
Xbox Live updates for content in Europe on Tuesdays.
Sony updates the store on Wednesdays starting at noon.

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that you can probably download the demo on Xbox 360 and Xbox One at some point after 2 AM on Monday. It has happened before. Last year as an example.

Which is not to say that anybody should stay up till 2 AM to download the demo. Or that it will definitely be uploaded at 2 AM.

Honestly i wouldn't buy a game depending exclusively on what others have to say about it, maybe for someone is a total garbage than for others it's great... What would you choose than? I suggest you to try something before jumping on hurried conclusions mate, the answer lies in your hands.

Yeah, you are right. The thing is though, I have no way to try PES 2015 NextGen version unless I buy a console myself. Non of my friends have a PS4 nor a XBOX ONE. So the only possibility I have left, is to trust some members of these boards whose opinions I respect deeply and whom I've shared the feelings for PES in the past.

And believe me, it's not like I have extra cash to spend in whatever I want. But I sweat my ass off everyday working 10 hours a day and this was the only big purchase I intended to do this year. Seems like I'll be doing some money-saving decision thanks to Konami.

Sadly, this is the only way I have to decide whether PES 2015 is worth it or not. So far, I'm thinking it won't be SO WORTH IT.

Plus Konami pisses me off and I don't really want to give my money to a company who treats fans this way.

Last edited:
Dude, it's a freaking game! I assure you BOTH games will have these kind of bugs. They all have, and it'll remain that way for a long time. All of you better be prepared to play PES and/or FIFA and expect annoyances.

No one said it's ok. There is complaining in the Fifa thread as well.

So no need for this here.

Well I barely go to fifa thread as I will be buying it. I come on here to see what news or updates come out from konami regarding pes, to see if it is worth wasting my time and money on it. So its just that I been seeing alot of ppl going ape shit over certain goals scored and blaming keepers being retarded. I shall check on fifa forum too I gues.

10540848_824587407572817_2567342685391151085_n.jpg

60untitled.png

ps.GAMES is the Middle East’s largest video game show. Held and sponsored by the Gaming Alliance Middle East (GAME) from 11-13 September 2014 at the Dubai World Trade Center.

Last edited:
No one said it's ok. There is complaining in the Fifa thread as well.

So no need for this here.

Why on earth would people be "angry" with Joe Hart making that "mistake"? Do you not want realism? Keepers do this from time to time, its in this game clearly and yet another organic example of how brilliant FIFA 15 is.

Aside from the above, its player matching perfection, as most people know Joe Hart is prone to these errors.

And people will "complain"...............must be Man Utd fans the complainers...

This week will be a very interesting time as a Pro Evo fan.
Either Konami really stepped up their game and this is a fantastic base to build upon. Or, yet again, they have messed up at the start of a new generation and tough times are ahead.

This week will be a very interesting time as a Pro Evo fan.
Either Konami really stepped up their game and this is a fantastic base to build upon. Or, yet again, they have messed up at the start of a new generation and tough times are ahead.
From the movies we did see, the awards Konami got and the info we got I think there are only a few who believe Konami messed it up this year.
Still, if the demo comes out at wednesday some people overhere will find things to moan, because that's how it goes in all new games. Especially with hardcorefans of particular games.

Last edited:
From the movies we did see, the awards Konami got and the info we got I think there are only a few who believe Konami messed it up this year.
Still, if the demo comes out at wednesday some people overhere will find things to moan, because that's how it goes in all new games. Especially with hardcorefans of particular games.

well i am hardcore and old skool pes fan, but when it's good enough i am happy, will not moan.

And faults there will always be, but pes on last gen was every year fucking horror.

Do not complain on occasional keeper blunders. Just take a look at yesterday's Diego Lopez mistake.

YouTube - Diego López hace la Cantada del año | Amazing Fail (OwnGoal) | Parma vs Milan 2014

On another note, what really bothers me is the Option File limitations you mentioned before:

- Is this a PS4 limitation?
- Is this a PES limitation?

Anyway, it makes it hard to believe that Konami will still keep with the Merseyside Blue or Man Red crap. Seriously. This is not 1997 anymore. You cannot get away with Corierro, Galfano, Pavia, Lawson or even Castolo anymore.

I cannot think of any other sports game that features fake teams with fake players. It is just a big "screw you" to the player. At least provide a simple, solid way of customizing the game (check) and a way of sharing your creations so that people don't have to repeat this crap from ten years ago:
6i8y87.jpg

On another note, what really bothers me is the Option File limitations you mentioned before:

Anyway, it makes it hard to believe that Konami will still keep with the Merseyside Blue or Man Red crap. Seriously. This is not 1997 anymore. You cannot get away with Corierro, Galfano, Pavia, Lawson or even Castolo anymore.

It is a PS4 limitation. As disappointing as it is, what would you like Konami to do.
It's being licensed by EA. Can't use option file because PS4 (or xbone) doesn't support it, yet. They can only push to Sony or M$ to solve this. But company as huge as Sony will certainly has a lot of corporate red tapes before they even considering this.

If you have a better idea/proposition go ahead and tell them.

NO ADAM BASHING, rather Konami

They already announced teams and match length. What other stuff is there?

umm i know about the content, just bitching around since someone asked on Twitter about the content on saturday and Adam said, "cant tell you anything official atm but if you search around the web you'll find the answer..."

so wha' the hell?

if they so unpro about a demo what will cause that they dont communicate at all between Tokyo and the UK?

remember what Adami said? "about PC? i dont know we only work here on PS4 and XBO version"/"im kinda suprised about the PS3 demo"

:CONFUSE: THE EU BRAND MANAGER

this is only what makes me afraid. what if the NG game will be awesome and for other platforms we get the same shit from Tokyo as in the last 7 years?

and that "we are trying to make the gameplay as close as its possible to NG" was only for PC not for PS3,X360 and even that sounded something to worry about

2 days ..

Last edited:
Do not complain on occasional keeper blunders. Just take a look at yesterday's Diego Lopez mistake.

YouTube - Diego López hace la Cantada del año | Amazing Fail (OwnGoal) | Parma vs Milan 2014

I cannot think of any other sports game that features fake teams with fake players. It is just a big "screw you" to the player. At least provide a simple, solid way of customizing the game (check) and a way of sharing your creations so that people don't have to repeat this crap from ten years ago:
6i8y87.jpg

the odd "mistake" is fine and can be explained away as " it happens in real life" but when it h similar mistakes happen 100's of times in a game then its just poor..and that sums up pes 14 keepers

the odd "mistake" is fine and can be explained away as " it happens in real life" but when it h similar mistakes happen 100's of times in a game then its just poor..and that sums up pes 14 keepers

C'mon now, after the ton of patches 2014 turned into quite a proper product. The keepers are really good now.

Been playing the CL recently and haven't noticed a blunder yet.

Back
Top Bottom