PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

i played some with 2014 a few weeks ago and it was an okay game with the latest patch. imo the keepers were too good. couldnt score from long range, or assisted is a broken a bit. but the response is the main killer there for me

also played PES6 in the past days and right of the hook you can control the game, still difficulty since the defence is superb and the shooting is complicated(needs good position, right foot, space, good timing) and the goalkeepers are good but STILL THEY ARE NOT :D i mean i replayed the WC final. Neuer was on an okay level, but S. Romero pssshhhhh. the Abilities and Spec Abilities are quiet important in that game and there is a ton of them to make uniqe players. i hope 2015 lives up to that since they mentioned and since 2014 got really few abilities compared to 6

C'mon now, after the ton of patches 2014 turned into quite a proper product. The keepers are really good now.

Been playing the CL recently and haven't noticed a blunder yet.

Deaf ears those

The keepers on fifa are not just prone to error. They are actually fucked up proper and its got to do with the game physics. I had a keeper not sure if it was hart. Roll around a ball and fall over it and not pick it up in 3 tries.

Positioning, catching, parrying all sorts. Or amazes me that the same people who slate pes don't see this

You are naive if you think EA will allow Konami to do stuff "officially" about Option Files etc...

EA can't sue Konami for allowing people to share files online in Konami servers, as long as it is edited data created by users.

See: Backbreaker.

Game had full NFL teams after a couple of months, which were shared by people. EA couldn't sue them.

Hell, EA themselves could be sued if that were the case, because there's plenty of CL stuff on their online platform for FIFA users, which can be downloaded by anyone with the game.

It's just a matter of Konami rolling up their sleeves and coming up with a proper online platform.

EA can't allow or disallow anything, they don't create laws. You cannot sue Konami for users creating data to be shared amongst them for free. It's the same exact concept of an Option File, except the data is stored online in servers. If EA could sue Konami for that, they would have sued them long ago, but Option Files have been around for years now.

Clearly the laws are the same for online sharing in official servers, or else Konami would have sued EA already for the Champions League content in their own website.

Sigh.. Anyone know where to get those free trials for gold membership? :ROLL:

Trials do not give you a Gold subscription, they just let you play online, so a trial would be useless.
If you don't have any other platforms, you'll have to either wait a week or buy 1 month of Gold. It's 7€.

The thing EA has done very right with their marketing is releasing small videos about features over the last few months. If you look at the EA Fifa channel on youtube you can see the number of videos they have already:

https://www.youtube.com/user/EAsportsfootball/videos

11 videos to influence the customer to pay their money. Konami, 1 shitty trailer which was pulled, no features videos and a few gameplay videos and fan made trailers which only the PES community will see or care about.

10 million views on the Fifa E3 trailer. More than 1m views on all other trailers.

I think the gameplay videos have sold most people in the PES community to buy the game, but there's no concession to new customers to explain what the game is about, other than it's a football game.

Great point this - my opinion is that its a huge risk releasing the game after FIFA...money is tight for lots of people and there may only be room for one game so which one does the majority pick - the fully licensed well advertised game that's out at the start of the season and again in my opinion plays superb or the other one that currently little is known about..Maybe the demo may sway some people if it is all that but then again a lot of pre orders will already have been made for FIFA

Great point this - my opinion is that its a huge risk releasing the game after FIFA...money is tight for lots of people and there may only be room for one game so which one does the majority pick - the fully licensed well advertised game that's out at the start of the season and again in my opinion plays superb or the other one that currently little is known about..Maybe the demo may sway some people if it is all that but then again a lot of pre orders will already have been made for FIFA

That's one way to look at it. The other, more positive way, is that Konami will prey on people's boredom of FIFA after the initial 2 months and that a later release date ensures that a much better product is released day one. If everything is up and running when PES releases, if the online works, if MyClub is a proper alternative to FUT and if the gameplay is as good as people have claimed, Konami will surely win over a lot of people who have jumped ship.

These are a lot of ifs to overcome though, and Konami does not have a good track record.

I think there is no problem with Konami releasing later than Fifa cause imho more than anything else licenses are selling the game.

And there are countries where only PES offers a licensed league.

So imho Konami can afford to take the extra-weeks to polish the game.

Deaf ears those

The keepers on fifa are not just prone to error. They are actually fucked up proper and its got to do with the game physics. I had a keeper not sure if it was hart. Roll around a ball and fall over it and not pick it up in 3 tries.

Positioning, catching, parrying all sorts. Or amazes me that the same people who slate pes don't see this

Actually they see this and talk about it in the Fifa-thread where this belongs, but people are expecting Ea to fix these issues for the release.

Please don't blame PES "shortcomings" on EA again... Did anyone see gameplay with rain yet?

I've been playing NBA 2Kgames for years and i never saw rain in a match nobody complained about that because it is a very good game.

I know this is a silly answer, but i'm answering a very silly statement.

Serious now: if PES -2015 is good, i don't care about rain at all...i know they have been omitting content for years now, and i also think they don't care about customers (enough or at all), but now iwant a good game without rain.

@gabe: we know what you think and i largely agree, but it is becoming a litle bit like spamming.

Who cares about the demo ? Do we care ? I don't. It's for years now that the Retail version is different from the demo....sometimes i think we would better off without demo...no feedback at all... that would have been better for both 2012 and 2013 editions (both horrible games imo).

It's for years now that the Retail version is different from the demo....sometimes i think we would better off without demo...no feedback at all... that would have been better for both 2012 and 2013 editions (both horrible games imo).

That´s a very good point and some people seem to forget that.

I remember being very disappointed with the PES 2011 demo and wanted to skip the final release.

Played it once at my brother´s place and it was fascinating!
Totally different from the demo.

Unfortunately this can go the other way round.

For this exact reason it's good they decided to not release the same period as Fifa.

Two months later there will be many who will grow tired of Fifa and will buy Pes to see if it's a valid alternative.

Releasing in the same week people are forced to buy one game, and most of them will choose Fifa.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom