PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Oops he just dis-confirmed it maybe i read too much into the tweet i guess i can go back to expecting no la-liga stadiums for pes 2015

Guys please, every time you post some sort of "news", make sure you post the source with it. None of that he say she say please.

Been playing the other footy demo to tide me over until next week.
It's decent but I can't wait to finally try out the ps4 version of pes this year.
I'm doing the same thing. FIFA is a stop gap till Tuesday, but I think I am done with it already.

Just a few questions.

• Are the second divisions licensed?
  • Is the Serie A (the league itself, not the teams) finally licensed?
  • Would leagues like the Airtricity League (Ireland) be difficult to license? I live in Ireland and I think it would draw in a lot of Irish players, although personally I have no interest in it.

What I'm wondering about is what will Konami do when ten teams get promoted to the Argentine Primera División in February due to a chamge in the format, and if the league itself would change its format.

I REALLY hope nothing happens :LOL:

What I'm wondering about is what will Konami do when ten teams get promoted to the Argentine Primera División in February due to a chamge in the format, and if the league itself would change its format.

I REALLY hope nothing happens :LOL:
They certainly won't update it in PES 2015. I don't think they ever updated the South American teams in their DLCs.

Guys please, every time you post some sort of "news", make sure you post the source with it. None of that he say she say please.

Word?

freddurst3.jpg

I'm talking in terms of overall marekting investment and planning, here.

If it plays smart, Konami shouldn't publish anything these weeks, or at least as a marketing professional I wouldn't waste any bullet. Now is Fifa time, they have a demo and a game coming in 2 weeks, and they are collapsing all the marketing space and have a much bigger wallet. It would be a waste to try the direct head to head approach...

Head to head approach would only work if they were so bloody confident that their product is much much better on all aspects, but clearly as a market product, PES isn't the marekt leader, not even a leader contender, so they need to save their bullets for the october to launch period to take the most out of it, a period in which EA probably won't be as dominating.

That said, there's the risk of being too late later on, thus a guerrilla scenario would have been wiser than saying nothing. At least they have the demo next weeks so they can build a bit upon it. Or they could be publishing screenshots, small vids, teasers, releasing tiny bits of info... do something. That would, at least, make some impact on the hardcore niche.

But maybe their marketing plan is focused on a big shot before launch for a reason. It's risky but at least in terms of marketing shows some confidence in their product that they didn't show last years, where they tried to stick themselves to Fifa and ride the same wave.

Agreed.

But this time KONAMI is cutting off a huge marketing arm:
The patching community.
The buzzing ecosystem of internet that edited released and tinkered with pes.
This time EA is aggresively dominating everything.
By releasing a proper FIFA PC EA doesnt leave KONAMI room to breathe.
Last year you could say: look there is a place where PES is strong and thriving, where fifa cannot touch it because its last gen crap.
This year funnily KONAMI went and did the dumbest move....a last gen pes vs next gen fifa....

If pes2015 pc is a ps3 port I expect evo-web MOST BUSY section to shrink or switch to fifa.

PS Im not offtopic because im discussing the grand scheme of things. and pes evo-web relation.

FIFA is actually rather good this year as well. I hated it after the first day's play but it's really grown on me since. I'm at the point where I don't care how PES turns out this year as I feel the competitor is providing a strong alternative that looks great on the PC. If PES is a shitty last-gen port then hey, there's always next year I guess.

FIFA is actually rather good this year as well. I hated it after the first day's play but it's really grown on me since. I'm at the point where I don't care how PES turns out this year as I feel the competitor is providing a strong alternative that looks great on the PC. If PES is a shitty last-gen port then hey, there's always next year I guess.

Funny part is that on consoles PES is slaughtered regardless of quality.
These are people that KONAMI pushed away to EA in the abysmal years of PES.
And since then all they know is: PES is bad and robotic FIFA is organic fluid and has huge loads of cash invested.

Anyway I wish PES is good next year.

feel exactly the same! hated it first, then the change to legacy defending changed everything for me, cpu makes mistakes now under pressure even on legendary, that's gonna be my first fifa buy since 2003

Bleh after the hours I put in I am over it and considering cancelling my preorder. Played a game today that almost reduced me to tears

All those old fifanisms are too much of a put off. But let's see what pes demo conjures up

You don't say that.... :RANT:

Traitor! :TTTH:

Novemberday.
It was first announced to be around November 13th now its November 13th, im so excited to play the hybrid-ps3-port and announcing it via a community site nonetheless very nice touch. I guess i should go pre-order this now. Too bad no other company is bringing next-gen to my platform..........Oh wait!

Nothing to hide i guess

I was determined to buy a PS4 exclusively for PES 2015. Of course I was going to get some more worthy games too, eventually, but not right away. I was only interested in PES.

Mainly because what I had seen from it was attractive. Also because what I was getting from the FIFA 15 videos wasn't, it looked and seemed to be just a FIFA 14 update.

After playing the FIFA 15 Demo on PC I was WOWed right away. The graphics, the gameplay, the animations, the pace, the cutscenes, everything looks like a real match. Sure, it has its annoyances just like ever single game out there, from any genre. Don't you even think for a second that PES will be bugs-free or that it won't have anything annoying. That's impossible.

Now I'm really starting to doubt whether or not it's worth spending all that money in a PS4 for a game I can't even try right now since I don't own the console, and its alternative (the PC version) won't be coming anytime soon and it won't even be the same version.

I guess I'll just have to wait till some PS4 owners try it, comment on it, watch lots of videos and only then decide what to do. So far, I'm 80% sure I won't be buying PS4 nor PES 2015. But I will be buying FIFA 15 on PC, unless your comments and your videos from the PES 2015 Demo really force me to.

And this is just an (personal) example of how KONAMI loses their customers and their fans, while EA gains more every year.

Back
Top Bottom