PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

At least Pes gave it a good try! They won't be able to compete with the other game as regards licences and spit and polish.

If hardcore FIFA guys like KSI like PES then I am very, very worried because I think it confirms what I imagine it plays like from watching the vids. Its going to be the football equivalent of a twitch shooter. The UK studio is going to be the worst thing to happen to PES, mark my words.

If I am going to enjoy football gaming it looks like I am going to have to abandon my ideals of a sim oriented experience. FIFA 15 is terrible, it looks fantastic but the amount of sliding and floating going on is ridiculous, its the worst FIFA I have played. If PES can work in ultra responsiveness without the sliding I will have to settle for that, or keep playing 2013. With the hardware now available its such a shame that things have gone this route, we could and should be playing some incredible games by now but accessibility and catering to the lowest common denominator has won.

bullshit.

lets say i hate burger, i prefer pizza
someone who loves burger says that the new pizza is the best
than i should think that the new pizza is shit for sure

OH
MY
GOD:CONFUSE:

There has never been a true football simulation. Never likely to be either. The sooner people get their head around this they can make peace with football games...or give up on them completely.

It's almost impossible to have a proper Football game simulator.

If the game has a good response time.. people will say it's too fast.
If it has a slower response time.... look at PES14.

And honesty... I prefer the game to be fun.
Why are we playing video games?? TO HAVE FUN.

Really don't care if KSI, Callfrezyy(Don't know his name) like PES... if the game is fun, I'll buy it!

bullshit.

This!

It's almost impossible to have a proper Football game simulator.

If the game has a good response time.. people will say it's too fast.
If it has a slower response time.... look at PES14.

And honesty... I prefer the game to be fun.
Why are we playing video games?? TO HAVE FUN.

Really don't care if KSI, Callfrezyy(Don't know his name) like PES... if the game is fun, I'll buy it!

This!

Feel the same. Fun and addictive please, just like the old PES games.

The only sim that 2K has done is Top Spin. And I don't see a sequel any time soon.

NBA 2K is a sim but it can be what the user wants it to be by changing the sliders.

A game can still be fun in addition to being 'realistic'.

I hope the demo won't be an insulting 3 minute half affair.

NBA 2K is a sim but it can be what the user wants it to be by changing the sliders.

A game can still be fun in addition to being 'realistic'.

I hope the demo won't be an insulting 3 minute half affair.

It isn't truly a sim, there are plenty of fundamental mistakes that prevent it from being one.

bullshit.

OH
MY
GOD:CONFUSE:

Have you seen the way the guy plays football games? If he can enjoy playing PES in the same fashion then I can quite rightly assume that it plays like an arcade game.

It isn't truly a sim, there are plenty of fundamental mistakes that prevent it from being one.

Dont want to get off topic too far but I will say that whether its sim or arcade is always a big debate. NBA 2K series have always been a simulation to me.

i just played fifa 15 demo , what i saw about pes 15 was good but believe it or not fifa 15 gonna win this year and theres no way for pes 15 to win fifa15 just feels like real thing this year i still love pes but thats the truth

:WORSHIP: Thanks dude for the awesome review, looks like I don't have to download Demos.

Can I ask you to do a comparison between Mario kart8 vs Forza 5 as well? :WORSHIP:

I am almost 100% sure that I will have way more fun playing pes 2015 than this Fifa 15 demo.

I have no doubt that PES 2015 has an easy win in some gameplay aspects like dribbling and individuality, I can see that already jugding by the vídeos and comparing them to what I have played. These are Two fundamental aspects that create variety.

Hopefully the CPU AI is nothing like in Fifa 15 demo and in PES recent years.

It's hard to enjoy offline wich such artificial CPU.

Simulation doesn't necessarily means "being harder", specially when you have a CPU that ignores physical and even tecnich limitations.

Last edited:
I am almost 100% sure that I will have way more fun playing pes 2015 than this Fifa 15 demo.

I have no doubt that PES 2015 has an easy win in some gameplay aspects like dribbling and individuality, I can see that already jugding by the vídeos and comparing them to what I have played. These are Two fundamental aspects that create variety.

Hopefully the CPU AI is nothing like in Fifa 15 demo and in PES recent years.

It's hard to enjoy offline wich such artificial CPU.

Simulation doesn't necessarily means "being harder", specially when you have a CPU that ignores physical and even tecnich limitations.

I love how they always bulldoze u and rugby tackle u to the ground by flipping u in the air in fifa and it is not a faul. Some joke thing there lol :LOL:

:WORSHIP: Thanks dude for the awesome review, looks like I don't have to download Demos.

Can I ask you to do a comparison between Mario kart8 vs Forza 5 as well? :WORSHIP:

me waiting pes 15 demo like you do but what i said was my opinion anyway im not saying don't download demos :)

and i don't play car race games :))

pes has a real chance this year. Personally I played FIFA since FIFA11, last year I tried to play PES, I started to feel like it's a possibility to comeback, unfortunately I bought a next-gen console and it was not available. I can't wait for the demo.

For me FIFA15 demo is bullshit. You can take a player and dribble 3-4 defenders. When you accelerate the players sprint like a rocket, buggy defending ( I really hate defensive mistakes). I think FIFA14 was way better.

I can't wait for PES to pop in. I am a PES fanboy, and for years I wait a good game, but unfortunately the animation bugs, gks really made me go back to fifa.

Please KONAMI, kick EA SPORTS ass this year.

Presentation would not be a problem for me. I rely on the fact that North London and Man Blue can turn into Arsenal and Manchester City with the help of a good patch on PS3. Besides, every kit template is in the game and installation is really easy.

As a PS3 owner who's just not into buying a PS4 yet, and after getting totally disappointed with FIFA, I can live with "gameplay is focus" as long as the game is enjoyable. And I'm optimistic about that.

now i know what bugs me about keepers-shooting. its too easy to score because shots look - i hate to use this term but - overpowered a bit. i installed and played a couple of games of PES 6 and the way they balanced the keepers and shooting is a good there. keepers there are not super humans aswell but really hard to find the MOMENTUM to score(open space, favourite foot, distance, aim, SHOT POWER- wich is is the hardest). and this is what ive been missing from what it looks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UchXykag0Z0

Think it's new... at least was posted today.

At 1:00... look at the AI passing the ball... beautifull! :APPLAUD:

This vid looks great !! Played FIFA 15 demo ps4 and while it's not that bad!!
Literally only played 3 FIFA since iss came out!! Lol it's come a long way!!!
It's put together beautifully!! Like watching the telly!!!
The thing is when I cross the ball to shearer in the box I want it to feel like him
9/10 headers on target most of them goals!!! Left foot right foot great!!!
But he's never going to do an Messi or ronaldo and go round 11 players nutmeg the ref!!!
Jump in the crowd Do some bird in the arse then tap it in!!!

When I play FIFA I get no individual player feeling at all could be playing with 11 ugo ehiogu's!!! For all I know

I love the fact that in PES 2015 every CPU team plays in the same way they would do in real life, like Spain playing Tiki Taka and Germany attacking nonstop. In FIFA I've noticed most teams play alike except Championship, 5-3-2 teams which lock up their defense.

Been playing the other footy demo to tide me over until next week.
It's decent but I can't wait to finally try out the ps4 version of pes this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UchXykag0Z0

Think it's new... at least was posted today.

At 1:00... look at the AI passing the ball... beautifull! :APPLAUD:

The AI passing around defence and midfield looks superb. They look for a good passing option and look to pass first rather than dribble first.

The two concerns I have after watching this video are:

- Lack of hold-up play from the striker. When Costa receives the ball, he should play with his back to goal, keep the ball and wait for support from the midfield to move the rest of the Spain team further up the pitch. Instead he either runs straight at the defence or runs left or right (towards or away from the camera).

- I can see there being a lot of goals from goalkeeper punches from crosses/corners. From the corner at 6 mins you can see the AI defender leave the player at the edge of the box and run to the penalty spot, leading to an easy shot. He should really drop back to the edge of the box to clear any defensive headers which fall short which would keep him close enough to rush out and block the shot from the attacker (Silva?). Once the goalkeeper does punch though, the defenders do an OK job or trying to block the shot, but the more realistic way would be for the defender to stay more with the player on the edge of the box rather than going so far away from him.

I do hope these problems can be corrected in the tactics menu. With 4-3-3 formations that most teams play now, a striker which plays with his back to goal and holds the ball up is really important, otherwise the ball is returned to the opponent all the time.

Last edited:
The way the AI pass it around in that last video is fantastic.
Nice and patient.

Passing around the ball in the own half is easy to program for, there are always enough open players to pass to.

Where it becomes more difficult is in the other half, there the Ai needs to be convincing.

Then it comes to the creation of opportunities at the front, here the AI seems completely lacking creativity.

Back
Top Bottom