PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

But because there's PES5/6 to fall back on, no one will ever really appreciate the new PES. its a new game, new system, it will never be the same. May be close (or may be even better) but never the same. People have to understand and move on...

It's funny because Konami keep denying PES15 is PES 5/6 with HD graphics, but damn that sounds perfect to me add online and am upto Master League with manager movement sign me up

Yep, I agree with this. Add to this the ability to:

- Create new leagues and attach them to create a league structure (e.g. Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, Conference).

- More realistic transfer system with actual currency and wages.

- Youth/reserve leagues with reports to highlight promising players.

- New kit models. Higher res textures by default. More resolution options, more effects.

Basically I want the best of Football Manager combined with PES6 gameplay (+ 360 dribbling). Is that too much to ask? :P

After playing Fifa 15 i don't think Pes 2015 can be better game......sorry

Sorry dude disagree, massive disappointment for me for fifa 15, player models and movement don't look right to me, most players in the demo dribble too well, presentation and replays looks phenomenal. But I prefer fifa 14 gameplay wise. For me konami have a great chance come next week providing they don't Fak it up.

^^^ what he said. Such a marvelously tasty looking dish that completely lacks flavour that is FIFA for me

Konami have a window here that can get them back on the map in earnest or shut them the fuck out if they don't take it.

The level of authenticity and immersion is amazing on FIFA and just having a good game on the pitch I fear is not enough for konami. The lack of next gen editing is already putting then on the backfoot. If I were konami I would be on the phone with Sony daily to get that shit sorted out.

'The other game' is growing on me to be honest. The reverse is normally the case - I dislike it more and more with each play - but this year I'm getting a 'one more game' feeling which is promising.

I'm not saying it's a great game and it gets a lot wrong, but for someone like me who doesn't have much time to play football games at the moment, it could well be the much easier product to live with. It works, it's polished, I can just turn it on and get down to playing.

'The other game' is growing on me to be honest. The reverse is normally the case - I dislike it more and more with each play - but this year I'm getting a 'one more game' feeling which is promising.

I'm not saying it's a great game and it gets a lot wrong, but for someone like me who doesn't have much time to play football games at the moment, it could well be the much easier product to live with. It works, it's polished, I can just turn it on and get down to playing.
I agree with you i am sick and tired of this gameplay is focus bullshit, develop all parts of your game, gameplay, presentation, graphics. It is just so stupid. On the other hand the other game isnt growing on me because the lofted through-ball is basically as-you-were.

But as a game it is a very good game konami really are very stupid. Pes 2014 was so bad all my friends are now playing fifa and i admit that konami has killed my pes spirit. I just hope that demo impresses me because nothing right now is doing so.

For years PES fans have not been bothered by presentation as its always been about game play. Fifa had the bells and whistles but PES had it where it counted. The pitch.

Now the next gen consoles are here and Fifa have made full use of it with its presentation and all round experience.

I lay money that PES15 presentation will be bog standard. Yes they have to get it right on the pitch again but next gen gamers demand (and rightly so) that the all round experience is top notch.

Its depressing enough seeing Merseyside Red, Blue and North London.

For years PES fans have not been bothered by presentation as its always been about game play. Fifa had the bells and whistles but PES had it where it counted. The pitch.

Now the next gen consoles are here and Fifa have made full use of it with its presentation and all round experience.

I lay money that PES15 presentation will be bog standard. Yes they have to get it right on the pitch again but next gen gamers demand (and rightly so) that the all round experience is top notch.

+5000000000000000000000000

I am sick and tired of gameplay is focus pes is looking like a cheap version of football every year.

I am sick and tired of gameplay is focus pes is looking like a cheap version of football every year.

The "gameplay is everything" mantra is getting tiresome. It's so obvious that gameplay is the most important aspect of any game that the point shouldn't need to be laboured. Yet PES cannot survive long-term on this outlook alone. Gaming has moved on technically and gamers are more demanding. The all-round package is more important than ever and PES falls down in many aspects of this (visuals, audio, UI, online play etc..).

The "gameplay is everything" mantra is getting tiresome. It's so obvious that gameplay is the most important aspect of any game that the point shouldn't need to be laboured. Yet PES cannot survive long-term on this outlook alone. Gaming has moved on technically and gamers are more demanding. The all-round package is more important than ever and PES falls down in many aspects of this (visuals, audio, UI, online play etc..).

Agree. Pes without good package can not compete with Fifa these days....

noplswatlhf62.png

KSI likes PES, I think sim fans need to find another football game for them.

Konami cares. KSI has a massive following of people who play football videogames, if he has a positive opinion on PES, then that's good business for Konami.

But I have to agree with Jamezinho. He is very much an asshat.

If hardcore FIFA guys like KSI like PES then I am very, very worried because I think it confirms what I imagine it plays like from watching the vids. Its going to be the football equivalent of a twitch shooter. The UK studio is going to be the worst thing to happen to PES, mark my words.

If I am going to enjoy football gaming it looks like I am going to have to abandon my ideals of a sim oriented experience. FIFA 15 is terrible, it looks fantastic but the amount of sliding and floating going on is ridiculous, its the worst FIFA I have played. If PES can work in ultra responsiveness without the sliding I will have to settle for that, or keep playing 2013. With the hardware now available its such a shame that things have gone this route, we could and should be playing some incredible games by now but accessibility and catering to the lowest common denominator has won.

If hardcore FIFA guys like KSI like PES then I am very, very worried because I think it confirms what I imagine it plays like from watching the vids. Its going to be the football equivalent of a twitch shooter. The UK studio is going to be the worst thing to happen to PES, mark my words.

If I am going to enjoy football gaming it looks like I am going to have to abandon my ideals of a sim oriented experience. FIFA 15 is terrible, it looks fantastic but the amount of sliding and floating going on is ridiculous, its the worst FIFA I have played. If PES can work in ultra responsiveness without the sliding I will have to settle for that, or keep playing 2013. With the hardware now available its such a shame that things have gone this route, we could and should be playing some incredible games by now but accessibility and catering to the lowest common denominator has won.

:SHOCK:

Fifa 15 is good and solid game.

I think the general idea this year is to attract Fifa fans with slightly better gameplay than they have. Simulation looks to be finished now .. .. . . it's all about the fun!

There has never been a true football simulation. Never likely to be either. The sooner people get their head around this they can make peace with football games...or give up on them completely.

There has never been a true football simulation. Never likely to be either. The sooner people get their head around this they can make peace with football games...or give up on them completely.

Not unless 2K starts making a footy game.

Back
Top Bottom