PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

A proper, functional stamina system would mostly put a stop to the sprint-pressure whores. Anybody should be free to play that way as long as there are consequences to face i.e. 11 completely fucked players toward the later stages of the match.

NBA 2K has this and it works, even the fastest players in the game have to catch their breath (usually on defence). It takes a few seconds for the stamina bar to refill before you can sprint again. If you try to sprint with a tired player and don't let his bar refill he'll just struggle up and down the court.

If your not careful your opponent (or CPU) can (and will if their paying attention) take advantage and they will get past 'you' easily because your guy is tired and wasted all his energy at the other end.

It's not rocket science Konami.

It really isn't

Surely they understand the issues with not having it

Then again how would the tournaments be if they implemented it

Last edited:

NBA 2K has this and it works, even the fastest players in the game have to catch their breath (usually on defence). It takes a few seconds for the stamina bar to refill before you can sprint again. If you try to sprint with a tired player and don't let his bar refill he'll just struggle up and down the court.

If your not careful your opponent (or CPU) can (and will if their paying attention) take advantage and they will get past 'you' easily because your guy is tired and wasted all his energy at the other end.

It's not rocket science Konami.

I can go all the way back to when I used to play ISS Deluxe on the SNES for another example of this. One of my mates was notorious for playing the whole game with the sprint button clamped down. All his players were ruined after about 60 minutes. That game used to have animations of tired players stood still, doubled over, catching their breath. Tired players could hardly move once their stamina fell below a certain level.

This is a near twenty year old game.

I can go all the way back to when I used to play ISS Deluxe on the SNES for another example of this. One of my mates was notorious for playing the whole game with the sprint button clamped down. All his players were ruined after about 60 minutes. That game used to have animations of tired players stood still, doubled over, catching their breath. Tired players could hardly move once their stamina fell below a certain level.

Bravo...and ISS,ISS98,ISS2000..lots of good shit in all those games that needs to re-surface.

You also felt the impact of a fresh sub.

Last edited:

Just saw the 12 minute video,really nice if a little frenetic like the brazil vs Columbia first half...

Good the see everyone happy again, it seems the best way to drive konami to work harder is to make them feel the community is dissapointed. I tried not to get hyped for the press release but i really am excited.
I saw the coaches name under the gameplan screen and i was impressed, I dont know if you heard but we are getting broadcast style commentary from the adam bhatti podcast .
I have officially boarded the hype train , kudos to the pes UK team i can see their impact on the UI and the modes already.
and also with the live updates so finally no more arguements about the transfers not being updated and it is good the community is involved in this too,
I wish klashman would help them out too he is really good

It's so disappointing the number of productive features that have disappeared for no reason.

They've brought this upon themselves.

There's a massive list of things both pre pes and pes ps2 that would knock footie games out of the park with the ram and computing speed of today...ISS had seamless play on throw-ins well before fifa14...

The old stamina system from ISS needs to be implemented,it's so simple yet so effective..just glad they've brought walking pace back all on the stick so we can directly control the tempo.

I hear you mate the stamina system seems unchanged. We will pop a champagne if/when they introduce it

Fifa celebrations are not the benchmark sorry. Hell I don't think they have players celebrating together

Pes had players running off in celebration when the ball rolled into the net before it crossed the line. What they do lack is variety in all their cutscenes which have not changed much over the years

They lack variety SERIOUSLY. It feels like there are only 2 celebrations, one where the whole the piles on top of each other and the other one where they hug. And it's the same run after the goal every single time since like 2003. A goal is the climax of football and the celebration is where you soak it all in. Cheap repeatable cutscenes kind of kill the whole emotion.

Please keep this manual cheers comic scenes not of Fifa, so the look out so cheap, sorry that's total bullshit, this is unrealistic.

It doesn't have to be cheap and comical. Currently, PES has same celebration over and over again. This ruins the goal experience. They have to fix it. Either manual celebrations or many different varities of cutscenes. Manual is good because it lets you express your joy and emotions instead of a repetitive cut scene that you want to skip.

If they improve on the camera action while celebrating then it will look much better. I think FIFA has done a great job, but it gets ruined by the manual celebration.

just look at 01:00 till 01:13

YouTube - Next Gen FIFA 14 Slow-mo Goals Compilation

the way the camera action shows the replay adds to the realism, like you see on tv.

Yes, Replay and cut scene cameras have to be really improved. Currently, PES cameras do not feel real at all. It feels like a computer. I am really impressed by thst video actually with some of the graphics and goals.

Yes, Replay and cut scene cameras have to be really improved. Currently, PES cameras do not feel real at all. It feels like a computer. I am really impressed by thst video actually with some of the graphics and goals.

Good to see that people ackowledge EA's efforts. Their achievements is proof of what is possible with next-gen and where KONAMI must take notice and improve not only in gameplay department but in many other deparments as well.

If KONAMI really wants they can do this, they should have one team working only on gameplay, AI etc and smaller teams that work on commentary, presentation, modes etc.

It is as if they do not exist. Yet people like Adam tell us that 200+ people are working on the game.

Good to see that people ackowledge EA's efforts. Their achievements is proof of what is possible with next-gen and where KONAMI must take notice and improve not only in gameplay department but in many other deparments as well.

If KONAMI really wants they can do this, they should have one team working only on gameplay, AI etc and smaller teams that work on commentary, presentation, modes etc.

It is as if they do not exist. Yet people like Adam tell us that 200+ people are working on the game.

Most of what you see in fifa now is directly ripped from ISS or pes,I remember Henry at juventus punching the corner flag when he scored in the j league version of ISS on the n64.

There's nothing in even fifa next gen I wasn't seeing in ISS.

I know where you coming from and your right but even ISS allowed you to go from a standing position,to walking,to a dash off the left stick...and this was 18 years ago via the n64s analog stick.

ISS even had rain that made the ball slide on the turf and you had to take some power off when passing and long balls skidded and accelerated on wet surfaces..and all this with pretty basic tech and physics...we even had stats and direct control.

Last edited:

Why do we always have to settle for less?. It's not like we're asking a full playable demo at these early stages. But it's not so crazy for us to expect something like what EA have done, releasing 10 short videos (2 - 3 mins tops) showing different aspects of the game.

This feels a lot like living in the third world, you can always do worse and yet you're supposed to be happy about that.

Hey I live in a 3rd world country and doing just fine thanks.

I'm also in a 3rd world country. Argentina. Borned, raised and still here. Don't get so sensitive pal. I know exactly what I'm saying..

I'm also in a 3rd world country. Argentina. Borned, raised and still here. Don't get so sensitive pal. I know exactly what I'm saying..

Are you sure. Your profile thinks you're somewhere else.:CONFUSE::))

Enlil

Im also one not to downplay fifas efforts,but what you see is alot of window dressing and ideas crafted by others...they still haven't got the guts though to follow through on good demos and updates always revert it back to the rush and go game for the assisted crowd,despite the good manual players which the game never rewards..because pressing the ball and just running to goal is more effective then working the ball and creating space.

There's also no real punishment for dash hammering over the course of 90 virtual minutes.

Real footie is..and pes at its peak was all about you getting the ball to do all the work,and defending by filling the channels,not constantly closing the ball down.

Last edited:

Are you sure. Your profile thinks you're somewhere else.:CONFUSE::))

Yeah, like everyone set their real location...
I've seen users with locations like: Over the moon (user: gerd), Hockey Republic (user: PIPA23, moderator), etc.

Kingston-Jamaica, That's where I would love to be though :COOL:

Yeah, like everyone set their real location...
I've seen users with locations like: Over the moon (user: gerd), Hockey Republic (user: PIPA23, moderator), etc.

Kingston-Jamaica, That's where I would love to be though :COOL:

Irie.:))

:NO:Legenddiaz & Panda Boy have gone mad! Konami must do this shit and all come in here and have a good old belly laugh. It's always crazy around this time of year but some of these guys are fucking sausage!!

I see what you did there...I'm bullet proof bro..but I like your panda reference,thanks!

Last edited:

Was a joke guy. Why do people take me so seriously here

Re the celebrations. PES4 showed celebrations from the stands.

You know this fucking company we so passionate about really make it hard to love them. They removed so much really good stuff from their games over the years

It's so disappointing the number of productive features that have disappeared for no reason.

They've brought this upon themselves.

The sad part is that it's actually been reintroduced in the wii versions, which is only a couple years back, yet still no sign of it on 360/PS3/PC.

Unsure of the logic behind it.

Suckers

There is a catch up bug in real football Ands I's gots the proof

article-2681228-1F66C68800000578-141_308x185.jpg

For me, if the shooting has a bit of oomph, the catchup "bug" is gone and the goalkeepers are greatly improved then I'll give her another chance.

What I would really like to see (although very unlikely) would be the default game without totally assisted settings. Most people just want to pick up and play and would get used to the slightly harder settings. For those who couldn't they could just change their settings back to assisted. It would make online matches so much more enjoyable but I doubt Konami would have the balls to take the risk.

For me being able to patch a game was what changed PES for me. Playing off line and have all the kits and boots just made it the best. Modders sharing their files made it a great community to be part of. We can get into a few rucks on here but always good banter. I just want a good looking game that i can play without poor response and floating shots. But lately some of the shit in here has got really personal, it may be some of it gets lost in translation. I'm just waiting now for Jaygrim to open his cake hole and say something.

I'm thinking that Konami are playing us here.

For the last two weeks all the info we have heard has been so negative, then all of a sudden we get a dodgy leaked video which shows a game which looks really good. Considering it's a sample of early code, this also means things the game does well like tactics are deliberately shut off, due to the gameplay sample emphasizing on certain aspects. The AI defence is shit, but this seems to be deliberate because all this stuff was sorted even in 2014, let alone the depth which comes from he responsiveness of 2013

This sample seems to be based around the freedom of moving with the ball and creating flowing passing moves. The keepers are shit, but i really wonder if they are struggling or if they have been shut off deliberately because the sample is 'experimental' and unbalanced and keepers only work efficiently towards the final code one they can program them to deal with all situation within the gameplay rather than a wild code.

The biggest thing I think Konami are playing us on is the PS3/PS4 versions, this sample I'm 100% sure is based off the PS3 version despite being used on the PS4, I think Konami are designing all the pure gameplay aspects on the PS3 version and the PS4 version will be the same with weather effects and the lighting and cloth updates. I even noticed all the cloth physics from PES 2014 being shut off. We are seeing how seriously Konami takes it's gameplay.

I also think Konami have been deliberately relaxed in their early buildup, maybe to lower some expectation. I think they are trying to do a few things different.

I don't think we will see a true 'next gen' game in PES 2017, or FIFA 16. I takes about 2 1/2 years for the new consoles games to really breakaway from the last generation. But I'm actually quite positive 2015 should be good,

Most of what you see in fifa now is directly ripped from ISS or pes,I remember Henry at juventus punching the corner flag when he scored in the j league version of ISS on the n64.

There's nothing in even fifa next gen I wasn't seeing in ISS.

I know where you coming from and your right but even ISS allowed you to go from a standing position,to walking,to a dash off the left stick...and this was 18 years ago via the n64s analog stick.

ISS even had rain that made the ball slide on the turf and you had to take some power off when passing and long balls skidded and accelerated on wet surfaces..and all this with pretty basic tech and physics...we even had stats and direct control.

Hi Banksy,

I wasn't saying that PES should look at FIFA and copy their things. It is true that PES did all of that before on the SNES, N64, PSone and PS2 days. All I am trying to say is that KONAMI can't have an excuse for 2 reasons, one because FIFA is doing it, so it's not hardware limitation and 2 like you pointed out KONAMI had done it in the past.

So much is possible besides the gameplay and AI. They are just being neglected. That is a shame, really.

If they improve on the camera action while celebrating then it will look much better. I think FIFA has done a great job, but it gets ruined by the manual celebration.

just look at 01:00 till 01:13

YouTube - Next Gen FIFA 14 Slow-mo Goals Compilation

the way the camera action shows the replay adds to the realism, like you see on tv.

by the way, FIFA alway had very bad net physics :D

and yes coin toss should be implemented. It's part of the game. It's how every game starts. It shouldn't be so much challenge to mocap 5-10 scenes for this.

and yes, net physics is important, the goal in the game is to score goals, which look great with great net physics..

so simple.

by the way. Liking the leaked video, but I liked it last year as well..

at least on the hypetrain again :BRMM:

News from Adam Bhatti interviewed by Italian TV program "Gamerland":
- Each team have its own manager with specific characteristics that will reflect on the team
- You can also create new managers
- Second divisions for Italy, England and Spain (not sure if licensed)
- Stadium editor confirmed
- Improved offline ML, especially transfers
- Improved crowd sound effects
- Time lapse with dynamic shadows

by the way, FIFA alway had very bad net physics :D

and yes coin toss should be implemented. It's part of the game. It's how every game starts. It shouldn't be so much challenge to mocap 5-10 scenes for this.

and yes, net physics is important, the goal in the game is to score goals, which look great with great net physics..

so simple.

by the way. Liking the leaked video, but I liked it last year as well..

at least on the hypetrain again :BRMM:

Agree about the net physics. I can do without the coin toss though, either by it not being in the game or being able to turn it off, forever. Been through the initially amusing coin toss in Don Bradman cricket and while its "fun" at first it wears thin quickly.

Back
Top Bottom