PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

Like James said it's amazing that this video is generating so much hype

Its shaky you can't tell much and the fans seem to be enjoying seeing something other than a 16 second teaser

Edit:

WENB has threatened to ban anyone that posts leaked videos

Last edited:

I've written the author from the german blog that has said that their will be 3000 new GK animations added at a later moment. He has told me that Adam Bhatti has told him personally about it at he is 100% sure that he has talked about the GK and not about animations in general. He also has a recording of his conversation with him.

Then why did Adam give vague answers when Asim asked questions about the goalkeepers? It is more proof that we as a community should completely ignore anything these people at KONAMI are telling us and just wait for the release of the game.

Do you have a link to his answer? That would be the ultimate proof that KONAMI are liars and for me it would be enough to stop ignoring them, especially Adam.

As an alternative to Noob-Saibot's zoomed video, here's one with most of the background cropped and I've tried to stabilise the image as much as I could. Enjoy.

PES 2015 off screen (original Felipe Mestre) stable

By the first look it seems that the floaty sensation still present imo.
Where's the inertia? Miss the frenetic and hard play...

Waiting for the first of 2 demos. (hope this time it will be only one)

Then why did Adam give vague answers when Asim asked questions about the goalkeepers? It is more proof that we as a community should completely ignore anything these people at KONAMI are telling us and just wait for the release of the game.

Do you have a link to his answer? That would be the ultimate proof that KONAMI are liars and for me it would be enough to stop ignoring them, especially Adam.

He hasn't uploaded the recording. It was just for him to remember everything correct. But here is my twitter conversation with him (on german):

https://twitter.com/Marvin_Ronsdorf/status/485093518877409281

:NO:Legenddiaz & Panda Boy have gone mad! Konami must do this shit and all come in here and have a good old belly laugh. It's always crazy around this time of year but some of these guys are fucking sausage!!

A couple of things I noticed in the video that have been lingering around for years and should be fixed:

-In a 1-2: When the player makes a run he just runs straight blindly without looking for any gaps. And if he doesn't receive a pass in a certain time limit he immideately stops in his tracks. In real life, when a player pushes forward he makes his run naturally looking for gaps and doesn't just immideately stop running but instead come to a slow staggering stop.

-Cut Scenes: Players should react facing the correct direction. In one moment, Valencia protests a foul by raising his hand as if he's walking towards the ref. But, in reality he is walking away from the scene of action.

-Cut Scenes: In a scene where Persie misses a header, there's a delayed reaction of him holding his head in his hands. This cut scene is a good idea but it should be instantaneous and more variety. Usually players jump around while grieving a miss or walking off. There should be variety here.

-Goal Celebrations: I think PES should implement FIFA's method. The current cutscenes look so outdated and predictable. Let the player control what he wants to do and some will prefer realistic celebrations and some will prefer to goof around but regardless, being able to celebrate manually glorified the goal scoring experience definitely in FIFA.

A couple of things I noticed in the video that have been lingering around for years and should be fixed:

-Goal Celebrations: I think PES should implement FIFA's method. The current cutscenes look so outdated and predictable. Let the player control what he wants to do and some will prefer realistic celebrations and some will prefer to goof around but regardless, being able to celebrate manually glorified the goal scoring experience definitely in FIFA.

Please keep this manual cheers comic scenes not of Fifa, so the look out so cheap, sorry that's total bullshit, this is unrealistic.

I love watching other people defend sometimes. Specifically, I love when somebody puts in a cross and instead of hammering B/[] to clear the ball as you would do in real-life, the player thinks the best decision is to try to control it as if they want to simply walk away with it. Only instead of doing that they turn or run into the striker who disposes them and scores a pretty cheap goal.

And on this subject, I love the way it seems that controlling the ball and attempting to turn 180 degree dispossesses the player more often than not in that long video. Such impatience on the ball should be punished. One of the absolute worst things about football games lately (not naming names) is that controlling the ball has become far too simplified. Knowing when to run has become skill-less and turning on the ball to get away from a man has become far too easy. It's probably the first thing I'd look to change in modern-games so I'm happy PES 2015 looks a bit different in that respect.

Last edited:

Yeah another favourite is when they run for the man with the ball continuously instead of defending spaces to tighten up the game

The problem is Konami have built a few games around this mechanic and players online who may be better at defending properly - or attacking for that matter - aren't rewarded

Back in pes gone by you could best a top team with guile. Now the knobs online want to get the ball to the biggest faster player as quickly as possible and are duly rewarded

What's more disconcerting is this is all too apparent on Konami tournaments and I wonder of it bothers konami at all

-In a 1-2: When the player makes a run he just runs straight blindly without looking for any gaps. And if he doesn't receive a pass in a certain time limit he immideately stops in his tracks. In real life, when a player pushes forward he makes his run naturally looking for gaps and doesn't just immideately stop running but instead come to a slow staggering stop.

-Cut Scenes: Players should react facing the correct direction. In one moment, Valencia protests a foul by raising his hand as if he's walking towards the ref. But, in reality he is walking away from the scene of action.

-Cut Scenes: In a scene where Persie misses a header, there's a delayed reaction of him holding his head in his hands. This cut scene is a good idea but it should be instantaneous and more variety. Usually players jump around while grieving a miss or walking off. There should be variety here.

If they improve on the camera action while celebrating then it will look much better. I think FIFA has done a great job, but it gets ruined by the manual celebration.

just look at 01:00 till 01:13

YouTube - Next Gen FIFA 14 Slow-mo Goals Compilation

the way the camera action shows the replay adds to the realism, like you see on tv.

I think NEw Picture from pes 2015

10498618_721190024612902_9029695067021905207_o.png

Judging from that 11 min-video of PES 2015, it seems to me considerably better than PES 2014. Animation, ball physics, player-likenesses, responsiveness and control possibilities all are at least a notch or two above PES 2014.

But still it's too fast, the teams are rushing from side to side in a very fast way. Yes, real teams can do that too, but not for the whole match-time. What seems to be still missing is a real time two-tiered stamina-fatigue-system.

I hope in later codes it gets built in, it could make it all a lot more realistic.

Looking forward to PES 2015.

Judging from that 11 min-video of PES 2015, it seems to me considerably better than PES 2014. Animation, ball physics, player-likenesses, responsiveness and control possibilities all are at least a notch or two above PES 2014.

But still it's too fast, the teams are rushing from side to side in a very fast way. Yes, real teams can do that too, but not for the whole match-time. What seems to be still missing is a real time two-tiered stamina-fatigue-system.

I hope in later codes it gets built in, it could make it all a lot more realistic.

Looking forward to PES 2015.

I hear you mate the stamina system seems unchanged. We will pop a champagne if/when they introduce it

Fifa celebrations are not the benchmark sorry. Hell I don't think they have players celebrating together

Pes had players running off in celebration when the ball rolled into the net before it crossed the line. What they do lack is variety in all their cutscenes which have not changed much over the years

Last edited:

I wasn't impressed by that leaked video, I hate kick and run football with a passion.

Take a touch, look around, enjoy the scenery, why are they always in a hurry FFS?!

We need a Da Czar for PES and Konami need cater for the possession (dare I say sim) players.

A proper, functional stamina system would mostly put a stop to the sprint-pressure whores. Anybody should be free to play that way as long as there are consequences to face i.e. 11 completely fucked players toward the later stages of the match.

Back
Top Bottom