PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expensive!

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 Pre-Order Appears at Italian GameStop for PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3...
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/19/pro-evolution-soccer-2015-pre-order-appears-at-gamestop-for-ps4-xbox-one-xbox-360-and-ps3/

ProEvolutionSoccer2015.jpg

I feel we should still be able to give any player any instruction we want. Whether the player follows those instructions is then governed by their abilities. I don't feel it detracts from individuality as the most suitable player for the job will still perform the best.

I agree. And morale, heart, happiness, loyalty, etc could play a good part in this as a result. Giving instructions to a certain player to bomb forward who like's to defend would affect him mentally, e.g. Smalling. Playing out of position not doing his thing and out of his abilities.

Last edited:
Absolutely!
EA does not need any agreement cause they are making huge money every year thanks to marketing in spite of almost same boring gameplay.
But it is PES whose selling is in constant decline since PES 6.
And now some PES fan expecting EA to save KONAMI's ass?

No one expects Ea to save Konami, you have completely misinterpreted the discussion that was going on.

But it already ran its course.

Konami needs to just get that heart feature right before it is further utilised.

Its a damn lotto atm. Wish I knew what I need to do when my players decide they not in the mood to play

Another balls up and one that has plagued since it was introduced is the form feature. I just dont get how a player can score a hat trick then lose form immediately for the next match amd back on form 2 matches later.

@ipswich that is grotesquely overpriced

Last edited:
Konami needs to just get that heart feature right before it is further utilised.

Its a damn lotto atm. Wish I knew what I need to do when my players decide they not in the mood to play

Another balls up and one that has plagued since it was introduced is the form feature. I just dont get how a player can score a hat trick then lose form immediately for the next match amd back on form 2 matches later.

@ipswich that is grotesquely overpriced

I wonder how many people actually preordered seeing the state of PES 2014 (even now I wouldn't call it finished game).

Ridiculous. About what you wrote, come on, they never did anything right from start to finish. It's almost like every damn feature they put in the game is untested and in alpha state. End users test the stuff for them instead and are very vocal about this stuff. Do they listen? I doubt it, because this process repeats itself with every year release...

Very skeptical about Pro Evo Soccer 2015 (wondering if first thing we hear is that "cheesy techno shit music" they put in every trailer. That is prelude to massive failure).

I wonder how many people actually preordered seeing the state of PES 2014 (even now I wouldn't call it finished game).

Ridiculous. About what you wrote, come on, they never did anything right from start to finish. It's almost like every damn feature they put in the game is untested and in alpha state. End users test the stuff for them instead and are very vocal about this stuff. Do they listen? I doubt it, because this process repeats itself with every year release...

Very skeptical about Pro Evo Soccer 2015 (wondering if first thing we hear is that "cheesy techno shit music" they put in every trailer. That is prelude to massive failure).

Preordered, I doubt it too. The only thing which come right true to us is competition, but we have to thank konami osaka to have passed under EA since 2005, so this is a konami parental gamewar.
And if I remember well, on "welovepes" of Adam Bhatti, ISS developpers attacked anymously and mercyless the middleeast-wonderboy because of the global poor animations of PES games.
Some day ago, I watched on youtube the 20th anniversary of FIFA and PES series from 94 to 2014. A really interesting journey. You see how from a Caesar glory, they achieve a slow failure.

Last edited:
If someone didn't see those:

FIFA 94-14:

YouTube - FIFA HISTORY : 94-14

PES 92-14:

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer History: 92-14 (Winning Eleven)

How the mighty have fallen :(. In PES 4 till PES 2007 (PES6) you could see the grass on player pants. When they slide tackled, the clothing took dirt. Something I missed to see back then haha. What struck me most though was that PES 2010 still looks great up close and is the last good looking PES imo (even scoreboards looked ace O_O). Since PES 2011 it started to go downhill in terms of presentation (players in PES 2011 run in monkey fashion, bent to the front :LOL:) and even gameplay mechanics went in disastrous way (shame we didn't yell out back then, now it's too late imo).

Crazy.

As for FIFA it took massive step with FIFA Soccer 10, FIFA 11 was improvement, should forget about FIFA 12 and 13 though as those 2 are bad :P, FIFA 14 is the pinnacle of football at least for now on NG (Xbox One/PS4 not CG).

Last edited:
Rather than "heart" or whatever system Konami want to call it, what PES really needs to get back to is proper and maybe even exagerated individuality.

PES used to have that knack of capturing the essence of certain famous players but also making the strength and weakness of other players so apparent that a Master League transfer window was exciting in terms of who you might pick up and how they may transform your side. I even wonder if International Superstar Soccer is more the way to go than PES because we're really not seeing much Evolution in the series.

I played PES 2014 again over the weekend and apart from the still unsatisfying gameplay, the stark reality of just how shallow a game this is was all too apparent. Every player feels the same. Even fatigue doesn't seem to have much or any effect on a player. PES 2013 at least had some player individuality so it seems that "heart" has ripped what was left of the heart from PES. Ironic.

I'll watch with interest as Konami release details of PES 2015 but I won't be pre-ordering the game. What's the point? I really can't see it selling out due to the clamour of fans wanting it. In fact I wonder just how much the game will suffer from the shattered community that once did so much to make up for the lack of licences and the need to edit each PES to vaguely resemble the real football world.

Last edited:
Data Pack 6 now available for download on Xbox 360

Data+Pack+6+PES+2014+2.png

The sixth Data Pack of the season has been released for the Xbox 360 version of PES 2014.

DP6 adds a new standalone 2014 Copa Libertadores game mode which comes with the latest match ball (above), clubs, kits and players who are competing in this year's competition.

Meanwhile, there are also kit updates for 6 national teams - including Brazil, France, Portugal and Australia - as well as a new Yasuhito Endo Special Edition boot style from Umbro (below).

If you need help downloading, please use our Data Pack installation video tutorial.

Data+Pack+6+PES+2014.png

- As far as I know, DP6 is only available on Xbox 360. To PS3 and PC fans, I'll let you know as soon as this changes.
http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/2014/05/data-pack-6-now-available-for-download.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Does anyone know how to run onto a ball while sprinting without getting a micro pause stutter?
I'm getting this problem quite a bit. Like hitting a team on a counter 2 on 1, sending a player through on goal 30-40yrds out. I double tap sprint just before the ball, but he'll stop still, control the ball then sprint.
It's also happened when using RT finesse from time to time. Running, press RT+shoot and he'll stop - control, start running then shoot.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just a broken gameplay mechanic?

And to not talking about these fucking DLC. Licensing has ruined editing, but at the end is right, because graphic modding doesnt please a soccer game.
And it took me 7 years to understand this. I spend rather than 3 months in editing and waiting for a tool to manage kits to break my hype over the gameplay once all is ready. And believe me is frustrating.
In autumn I will buy a ps4, probably 1 football game due to cost lifting. PES has to be very convincing over FIFA.

Not for me.

All problems in tow

I sold fifa NG and Play PES almost daily on my PS3.
Fifa while ticking many boxes and blowing away interms of graphics and sound its still no different than what they offered previously on the pitch. Unless you have played it all alot you still wont see or understand what they claim to have done. Its a dead duck for me.

Pes is so frustrating and ugly by comparison due to manic load times, appalling commentary and hideous pixelated graphics, ugly, stuttery cutscenes but every other day I NEED to play it.I refuse to believe that this is delusional fanboyism.

I just hope that whatever we get on NG - konami keep that intrinsic ingredient thats been there throughout the series. That ooh Aah feeling when it lands in the back or the net

Last edited:
Not for me.

cut/

The fact they are always trying to remake that feeling of the past is their poison.
The more you go into power, the most you need to be close with animations, physics and trickering. It's impossible to read everywhere, every year, complaints about shooting and goalkeeping, when you need to see something new built on something solid.
You'll see this year how they crawl the concept of the first episode of the new generation and as things settle down from 2016..
Anyway I'm not here to lead you down on a road to ruin, I only mean that there is a protocol which loops too much.

It's amazing, and ridiculous, how the latest version of PES is severely downgraded from the 2nd demo in many ways. The game looks hardly the same. It plays hardly the same. At least with the 2nd demo you saw the potential, you saw proper animations, you saw some freedom of movement. There was variety. Not every attack boiled down to the same thing. Not every possession ended up inevitably in player collisions or direction shifts that don't work.

Everything is rigid now. Animation variety went down the shitter. The game does not feel fluid or free. It feels like pinball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLMW537yd1U

I scored this in the demo. I can no longer do something similar with the game that I'm playing right now. Not only does it not look the part any longer, through balls went from being overpowered to negligible.

It's like they go out of their way to make the product even worse than it was before. Every year.

At least FIFA 14 is an enjoyable game. It's playable. It's fun. It works. I have fun with it. Not every through ball ends up with the opposition. Not every one on one ends in poor player collisions. How good you do is entirely up to how good you are, not how the AI decided to mess something up, or the physics system not working, or the controls not responding, or input lag.

Personally, PES 2015 is the last game I'm willing to give a chance. I'd rather go back to the FIFA games, just like I did when PES 2008 released.

Dude i scored plenty of those with the latest patch

Me too!

I don´t know what´s so special about that goal...

Also, I find it funny that so many people complained about the unfinished state of the demos and everything and are quite satisfied with the patch now wishing this was the state this game came out.
And now we have people who want the opposite.

I don´t see nothing about toned down animations, even I had the feeling at first from the videos I saw of the patch. Actually since Patch 1.12 I see new animations, specially in passing.

Everything is still fluid.

Even with all the flaws that upset me, my opinion is that this game offers real nice physics and animations and is the closest footy game to realism till now.

Played FIFA 12 quite a lot on the PC and loved the animations there as PES 2012 looked quite robotic to me.
Back then I wished PES would get such fluid animations and now they are even better than FIFA 14 :).

Just my opinion...

Oh man, CG FIFA animations maybe (but still too little variety for my liking), but NG FIFA blows PES when it comes to amount of animations.

Me too!

Also, I find it funny that so many people complained about the unfinished state of the demos and everything and are quite satisfied with the patch now wishing this was the state this game came out.
And now we have people who want the opposite.

I don´t see nothing about toned down animations, even I had the feeling at first from the videos I saw of the patch. Actually since Patch 1.12 I see new animations, specially in passing.

Everything is still fluid.

Even with all the flaws that upset me, my opinion is that this game offers real nice physics and animations and is the closest footy game to realism till now.

Played FIFA 12 quite a lot on the PC and loved the animations there as PES 2012 looked quite robotic to me.
Back then I wished PES would get such fluid animations and now they are even better than FIFA 14 :).

Just my opinion...

Yea, I prefer the animations and physics in PES 2014 over those in FIFA 14. EA does a better job of making it all look fluid though, I think.

Me too!

The point isn't that the goal is special, just that I cannot score a goal like that any longer. The cloth physics are gone during gameplay. The animation is not nearly as varied as it was. Movement is rigid. Players get stuck on each other. Through balls don't work properly.

I never claimed the goal was special in any way.

. How good you do is entirely up to how good you are, not how the AI decided to mess something up, or the physics system not working, or the controls not responding, or input lag.

You are right brother. Despite all glitches game was enjoyable till 1.o7. But everything messed up since 1.12. After disappointing PES 12 and 13, i finally liked a PES game in recent years. But can't say the same anymore.

I will.

Massively enjoying PES2014 and think its the best gameplay since PES5

Yes they're are issues with it as there had been with every game ever made but I keep playing and can't wait to start the world challenge and now 2o14 copa libertedores.

I reckon its the pinnacle of soccer games this far

*runs for onslaught of negative moaners*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom