PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the same every year. Basic issues are present, when they should be. It isn't just this year.

No. Last year was great and the issues in gameplay where the exact opposite to now.

This place is always negative. Even if you go back to pes5 people moaned. Look in the lost history.

No. Last year was great and the issues in gameplay where the exact opposite to now.

This place is always negative. Even if you go back to pes5 people moaned. Look in the lost history.

FK glitch in the game from launch, despite people pointing it out in PES 2012. This is one of many.

In regards to people moaning, each to their own. I personally think PES 2014 is a decent game, but far from acceptable on the whole.

It is a brand new engine. It was never going to be a 100% finished game. For a game so big. There just not been enough time for it to be a complete package in the gameplay department.

Its good to remain realistic. Its not been good but we cannot beat ourselves up expecting perfection.

This shouldda wudda cudda moaning doesn't get anywhere. Not just here, gaming consumers tend to be so negative these days, people look to be miserable in the sense they view happiness in rather short highs given from games rather than a constantly evolving challenge.

The game hasn't been good. People have been so angry extreme negativty has set it so we don't view things in a progessive manner. Only negativity.

The reason the patches bounce to extremes is because the gameplay is too basic in its current state and it never was or is capable of providing great depth.

so why not delay the game for one year and then come out with strong product ? why Mislead us from all the pre lunch hype and then that the result we are getting ?

Great post klash

We are psychotic in that way. Fifa08 was littered with flaws but it was more acceptable due to the transition to next gen at the time.

The problem is Konami have decided to release this engine on the old gen.

But Konami have no intention of ditching the PS3 version so this is a better move for them if you look at their install base.

I hope to hell they are on top of PES2015 for PS4

Don't be surprised if we see a regular 2015 PS3 release around September/October and delayed PS4/Xbone release closer to year end or Christmas sales.

It will pain me but I wouldn't be surprised

Last edited:
physics and animation don't make game a good game , take a look at FIFA.

for me pes2013 and 2011 was a better game because they complete and with pes2014 it's just the basics .

so why not delay the game for one year and then come out with strong product ? why Mislead us from all the pre lunch hype and then that the result we are getting ?

Because they will lose out on money to invest in the game. This is the main reason. Buisness has no sentimentality.

Not to mention the amount of feedback regarding the new gameplay functions. There have been so many they looked at this as a transition to see whats worked and what didn't. Thats just me being positive.

Because they will lose out on money to invest in the game. This is the main reason. Buisness has no sentimentality.

Not to mention the amount of feedback regarding the new gameplay functions. There have been so many they looked at this as a transition to see whats worked and what didn't. Thats just me being positive.

that exactly my point , consumer are not a beta tests and that what they need to understand

BTW sells are decline in the last few year so sometimes business need to take a risk and lost some money to come back later with better product , but that just the business man inside me ;)

Stupid argument. Even if KONAMI lost sales from PES it wouldn't be big hit to their whole business plan. They have other titles.
EA Sports said it's enough farce with NBA Live and took it out for long time out of the market. Came with NBA Live 14 which isn't great game yet, but I can see big potential lying in it. Let me say, next Live 15 will be polished in areas Live 14 is lacking...

KONAMI and PES Team could have postponed releasing of PES for 2-3 years. No big deal. Comparing PES Team to EA FIFA Teams? For real? They have enough manpower to separate teams to do PS2 game, PSP Games, Mobile games, PC/X360/PS3 game, PS4/Xbox One game. Almost all are made by different teams. If needed they can move people around so they can start working on new engine (which would be released in 5+ years). Can KONAMI/PES Team do the same? I wonder... After looking at PC patches release it's like they lack manpower to do all.

Wondering what EU studio does for KONAMI with regards to PES 2015 as there is no info on that part since last year...

Sure, but years of sub-standard, shoddy annual releases could be equally damaging for PES. Consumer confidence in the series is at an all time low.

This game needed a year out and it needed it years ago.

So you downloaded the game today and you immediately can tell that the game is garbage? Sorry, but the game is much too deep for such premature conclusions. Play at least 15 matches and then you can judge if the game is as bad as you say.
I admit, in the beginning you need to get used to what feels like slow response but as soon as you get used to that the game plays like a football-simulator, with all tactical settings you have to your disposal. Everybody plays different and you can tweak tactics until it plays the style you want.
Here on Evo web is a tactical thread ( thanks to Klashman ) where all these tactics are explained.
Follow it! Recommended :)

Here it says this:

Version 1.07

Is that the latest patch ? I honetly hope not

My first games were a disaster. Even tho the demo was not very good, at least it was nowhere near as bad as the experience I had with this game last night.

Yes, I know I played for just some minutes and that's not enough to make conclusions, but seriously, I have never felt like I was tottaly out of control in a football game like in this game, wich was not the case with demos (far from it).

Stupid argument. Even if KONAMI lost sales from PES it wouldn't be big hit to their whole business plan. They have other titles.
EA Sports said it's enough farce with NBA Live and took it out for long time out of the market. Came with NBA Live 14 which isn't great game yet, but I can see big potential lying in it. Let me say, next Live 15 will be polished in areas Live 14 is lacking...

KONAMI and PES Team could have postponed releasing of PES for 2-3 years. No big deal. Comparing PES Team to EA FIFA Teams? For real? They have enough manpower to separate teams to do PS2 game, PSP Games, Mobile games, PC/X360/PS3 game, PS4/Xbox One game. Almost all are made by different teams. If needed they can move people around so they can start working on new engine (which would be released in 5+ years). Can KONAMI/PES Team do the same? I wonder... After looking at PC patches release it's like they lack manpower to do all.

Wondering what EU studio does for KONAMI with regards to PES 2015 as there is no info on that part since last year...

it's not Stupid argument but it's not the right one for Konami

Yes it would take a big hit when you take into account the amount of money it costs to take a game to market. Konami have a contract set inplace for pes to be released every year and have already counted the costs and how much money will be used from projected sales on future investment on the game. Its the same with any buisness. No idealisim here.

Cancel the game you lose money on future investment, postpome the game you dont have an idea in when it will be ready could again lose money.

Its naive to compare a moderate company in konami to a mammoth in ea wbo have numerous sports titles. They can afford to cancel and shelve their crap basketball game. Ea have a team who simply build engines for their sports games. Konami where given this engine by kojima who developed it specificaly for mgs.

Ea have madden, fifa, mma, boxing, basketball, ice hockey, golf and more.

Konami have football and thats it. Infact konami have less games in their entire roster on a yearly basis compared to just only ea sports. Not even ea the parent company. Seperate teams means nothing the ps2/psp android game is nothing more than a kit update.

New engine, new problems will always come hand in hand in sports games in a yearly cycle. Just like with EA. Did you play FIFA 07 and 08? Even FIFA 09 which was the first responsive game was very basic. Lacked any depth.

Last edited:
that exactly my point , consumer are not a beta tests and that what they need to understand

BTW sells are decline in the last few year so sometimes business need to take a risk and lost some money to come back later with better product , but that just the business man inside me ;)

Go back and just read what you said.

Lose a shitload of money as a risk to create a better product? What if konami lose lots of licences because of this postponement? Also more investment into technology wont be available with less money. I don't buy this, because I'm aware of the forced negative perspective here.

How about the loss of confidence and trust in konami who delay their game which still would of not been complete or the need to put back the game next year to coincide with a 12 month cycle.

That would mean if it was delayed to December, January next year it would have to be released in january also.

Sadly this is a buisness at the end of the day.

Last edited:
You said 2012 and I said the issues where the opposite of this year.

The point I made in my previous post was; Konami don't test their PES pre-lauch. The FK glitch was in PES 2012, and was even present in PES 2013. This shows the point I was making.

Please show more respect with other members and stop posting crap.

Sure, but years of sub-standard, shoddy annual releases could be equally damaging for PES. Consumer confidence in the series is at an all time low.

That is very naive.

If Konami stops releasing a Pes-game for just a single year, then that's the end of PES.

Konami needs to generate money every year to keep going on with PES and teams and leagues licensing to Konami every year would just sell to Ea and that's it.

Last edited:

Thats the point. It couldnt afford to take a year out. Its a bit like with some of the other lesser games in the ps2 era which did take a year out then realised they lacked capital to invest afterwoods.

It was lack of investment which caused the shoodyness in the first place. Konami need all the money they can get.

I dont think we are looking at all the perspectives here in this clamour for a years break. There are so many potentitally fatal connotations to this idea not looked at.

My main point here is gathering all the information on PES and Konami. The sticky situation they are in makes sense really and its nothing for us to get so stressed over.

The point I made in my previous post was; Konami don't test their PES pre-lauch. The FK glitch was in PES 2012, and was even present in PES 2013. This shows the point I was making.

Why didnt you just move the keeper by controlling him with l1 and right stick?

Or you talking about something else since the cpu would score depending on the keeper position. Infact moving him about was awesome since the player hand to think more with his free kick. You get some great variety there.

I do also think konami like most sports game companies rely too much on patches to correct errors.

Ok!

Things changed quite a bit now...

Last night, for the most part, i was playing on -1 speed. I supposed that this was the cause of my total lack of enjoyment with this game. In the latest PES I always chose -1 speed i guess, but in this game, I felt that the -1 speed completetly destroyed the flow of the game.

I still think that ball physics need some work, passing can be more natural, but on normal speed it is at least decent. The game flows much better now on 0 speed (1 bar assistance btw), I can plan my attacking plays better.

Lat night on -1 speed, everything felt off imo, there was always some strange shit going on that kept my playing not flowing the way I expected. The ball felt very flooty and the L2 just felt ridiculous. While you still feel some player runs are bit locked (the old on rail issue in PES), at least the ball on mormal speed defintelty rolls at a better speed and more naturally, but passing as a whole can be better imo.

I am playing a friendly match and I am enjoying it. As a game, for me it still feels very unfinshied, but I can see the potential here with the new engine.

We don't know the financials of Konami so it's all speculation anyway.

Why do we have to have a new game every year? Why can't each release follow a two year cycle with paid DLC content and updates during the life of the game?

You guys are forgetting that Konami have an exclusive Champion's League and Europa Legue licenses and i am sure that if they delay or don't release their game as it's specified in the contract they will automatically loose these licenses.

Why didnt you just move the keeper by controlling him with l1 and right stick?

Or you talking about something else since the cpu would score depending on the keeper position. Infact moving him about was awesome since the player hand to think more with his free kick. You get some great variety there.

I do also think konami like most sports game companies rely too much on patches to correct errors.

I am talking about online. You weren't able to move the GK's online last year.

Also, I agree with your point re patches. Companies need to release a games fully working, instead of releasing anything and sorting it once costumers have bought it.

You guys are forgetting that Konami have an exclusive Champion's League and Europa Legue licenses and i am sure that if they delay or don't release their game as it's specified in the contract they will automatically loose these licenses.

Those licenses are also a joke beyond belief. You can use names/sound from CL/EL, but they don't allow you to use teams :LOL:, which makes this whole CL/EL licensing pointless in my book.

On FIFA you can add proper CL/EL with Creation Center or Moddingway patch (which you can see in FIFA thread).

We don't know the financials of Konami so it's all speculation anyway.

Why do we have to have a new game every year? Why can't each release follow a two year cycle with paid DLC content and updates during the life of the game?

As a consumer of football and other sports games, I think that's a great idea.

Ta4ARbqbat0.jpg

As a consumer of football and other sports games, I think that's a great idea.

Imho, it's a suicidal idea.

Sure, if EA and Konami made an agreement to go for a two-year-release-cycle then it would work, although such an agreement could be illegal, but otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom