PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem like there are more fouls now, which is a good thing. However, it's a double edged sword. Now, I'm forced to spam the start button even more to skip even more mandatory cutscenes. I really hope PES 2015 allows me to turn off all cutscenes. Of course, I've been saying this for about 6 years now.

I doubt that will change. Is R1 dash back?

Played 2 games. Ref is definitely card happy I accumulated 3 yellows and one red. Red was justified as well as the one yellow but the others were rubbish. Still not enough fouls by the CPU imo. They take cleanly right through you which is impossible. Not else much changed from the previous patch.

It did seem a tad faster but I would have to play more to make deductions. Shooting is still overpowered

Same for me. Haven't bothered with this game for ages but thought I'd give it a try with the latest patches and it's just so poor. Player awareness is atrocious and its littered with an endless stream of handicaps for the human controlled team, although naturally, the cpu team isn't hindered by these handicaps. I despise games that take that cheap cpu-cheat approach to create the illusion of difficulty.

The gameplay is completely lacking in credibility and has no appeal other than morbid curiosity about how bad it is.

+1

You can do that with any PES game apart from 2008, change a few stats about to find something people like.

I don't like stat edits which reduce pace, they create a generic essence to the game where every game you know what to expect. For the older games it works well but for newer games it's not about every game being a slow chessmatch, its about every game being different and throwing its own unique situation challenges.

I think what bothers many people like me is how PES6 is promoted here as if it's a game with no flaws and your superior if you play PES 6. Excuse me are we planning a videogame here or is something teaching me a secret how to make woman continually orgasm all night or something which can make human being fly or what?

Why can't we throw away these silly egos and all as the PES community here discuss what we like, what we dislike, what we are missing from the old and what is worth moving onto. I hate this crap where people try to say they are better because they play in a certain way, PES has so many different challenging variables arcade and simulation style. It's about finding whats right for you. On thing i've learned even from FIFA is that some arcadey styles can be deeper and better than simulation style gameplay even.

Something my travels is teaching me is PES has a really good special community here. We are too harsh on ourselves and we let our ego's range on rather than be aware how amazing it is so many of us, create and design new things within the game to benefit the community.

I strongly agree with you.

I have played a few games on the new patch, and the main thing that stands out is that it is faster. Konami seem to have added a few new animations along the way, but the game has become very easy.

I am on manual, and I beat Bayern 5-0 with Dortmund on Superstar. I had 16 shots with 12 on target, and they had 6 shots with 1 on target. Says it all really.

Take a long shot or make a cross and it's a fk every time, because the player that kicks the ball runs a few feet into a sliding defender well after the ball has gone...

Exactly!
And that started bugging me so much that I decided to take a break of this damn game, even I am one of those guys who´s actually quite happy with PES 2014.

I like the physics and the life on the pitch in it´s core, but the thing mentioned above and a few other things they messed up with, took a lot of fun out of the game for me.

I can´t understand how a game developing company act´s like that in the year of 2014!
Going from one extreme to another with every single patch instead of testing the game thoroughly.

All i can confirm is that 1 bar passing is much harder and i am struggling to create chances, 2 bar is too easy for me.

Also agree with more cards being handed out which is a good thing imo

Played the game on PS3 again post patch and I have to say I really can't understand why they bothered with this patch. It hasn't improved anything. It could be argued they made the game worse!

I'm not that bothered because I haven't been playing PES 2014 due to the same issues so many others have with the game but what really concerns me is what signals this puts out to an already demoralised fan base.

Not presenting this patch properly by way of communicating what has been done (AGAIN!) and seemingly struggling to improve any aspect of the game just makes me even more convinced that PES 2015 will be another effort with all the same problems.

Last edited:
What about injuries?

I´ve had an injury.

Played online and my striker had been fouled.
Had the same old animation that he lies on the grass, holding his knee with the ref pulling a card etc.

But then I had the message that my player is injured and has to be taken out of the game.

In the tactical screen, there was a bandage on my strikers name.

That was on 1.12 though.

For all those saying PES 2014 is crap. What is most interesting to me is with the latest patches how different the game is compared to 1.01 and 1.06. I think there isn't enough animations currently ingame to give this game any sort of depth. All the focus is on the input and output animations, when players receive the ball, jostling and when players pass and kick the ball.

I don't think any new animations have been added at all, instead i think they have simply played around with some of the commands to create a different style of game. 1.06 had far better realistic animations than 1.12 and 1.13 but more bugs. 1.12 seems a lot more limited and constrained, it's like a bad, unresponsive version of PS2 PES with super graphics. What was shipped in august in gameplay terms is pretty much the same stuff we have now, they have only been bug fixes and changes to the programming sliders.

No version of PES 2014 has been a classic, it's not been an all round good experience for many with too many issues, for the future Konami have got sorted all of the severe weak points of the old engine such as animations, physics and physicality done very well.

I don't see the point in being a defeatist and throwing abuse at the game. I don't get frustrated, even though it's been bad this year. I think it's because there is so much potential it will only get better. There are worse things in life to spew bad energy from.

Last edited:
I don't see the point in being a defeatist and throwing abuse at the game. ...

You ever played online with a team like Genoa FC (or anything in that strength) against Madrid or Manchester City, where your players refuse to take the ball. They just let them pass by, or stop, because Ronaldo or Agüero are passed to..

If so, then tell me you're not frustrated ..

No because online gaming is crap period. Especially on pes2014 or the majority of pes games in ranked matches.

I just don't bother with that shit no more

Last edited:
we pay to be a beta testers for Konami that absurd..
this game is not in a state of releasing it to the public , they need to start test there stuff with Konami QA people then release it to the stores for us to buy.

I think people are expecting too much from a 10 years old hardware. Things such as player weight and size taken into consideration when it comes to physics and collision are simply impossible to recreated.

Anyway this patch already made the game bit better, like it should be.

I don't think they are gong to change that why I don't think we need to get on the hype train like every year I expect no different from last few years .

The only thing that is intriguing me is what PES on NG will look like. Other than that, I expect the same tripe!

The only thing that is intriguing me is what PES on NG will look like. Other than that, I expect the same tripe!

they still limited with the console power , take a look at Watch Dogs and how they downgrade the graphic just to work well on the console , they need to at least make the game mainly on PC and give us option to maximize the setting to higher level .

they still limited with the console power , take a look at Watch Dogs and how they downgrade the graphic just to work well on the console , they need to at least make the game mainly on PC and give us option to maximize the setting to higher level .

True, but NG consoles are a big step up from CG consoles. Also, Konami's main audience is console gamers. They have said it themselves.

True, but NG consoles are a big step up from CG consoles. Also, Konami's main audience is console gamers. They have said it themselves.

how exactly ? from what I've seen so far I didn't saw any BIG different between the old and new console .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom