PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More and more these types of players are in the game after the patch, maybe the filtering system doesn't work well or all ratings were changed to A???

Weird types...

btw I reported this idiot, but I don't think that KONAMI will do anything.

..and I have more videos like this.

Last edited:

:LOL:

The announcer sounds like Tekken/Street Fighter announcer. I knew it when they announced controls, PES will turn into fighting game next! C-c-c-c-combo breaker! :D

Btw Okubo wasn't announced. Had to rewind to make sure I heard correctly and yep, Okubo is silent announcement. Stupid mistake to do in trailer...

Nitpicking? Maybe I am searching for professionalism too much ;).

then what patch have i downloaded today?

it said 1.06 i swear we were already on that.

What is the new patch like on PS3?

i played one game offline earleir and all i can tell you is that on 1 bar passing they have made it so you have to feather tap x to pass it to the nearest man otherwise it shoots off to the man past him in the same direction

i played one game offline earleir and all i can tell you is that on 1 bar passing they have made it so you have to feather tap x to pass it to the nearest man otherwise it shoots off to the man past him in the same direction

Good to know, but I can't imagine what it is like on manual. LOL!

PES 6 Worst? And 2011 is best? Are you trolling dude???

PES 6 /PES 5 best football game ever made. Period.

No i just dont like arcade rubbish and PES6 was that. It's embarrassing that they got PES5 so right (at the time) and followed it up with that garbage. Can't believe you are comparing the two.

Adriano running full throttle and pushing away an entire football squad then shooting from 40 yards out past your hapless keeper was the peak of the football gaming genre?

PES2011 was a phenomenal game albeit with a easy passing system

Last edited:
No i just dont like arcade rubbish and PES6 was that. It's embarrassing that they got PES5 so right (at the time) and followed it up with that garbage. Can't believe you are comparing the two.

Adriano running full throttle and pushing away an entire football squad then shooting from 40 yards out past your hapless keeper was the peak of the football gaming genre?

You don't have Adriano anymore. Heck with Phoenix/Sholly patch and their OF it's one heck of the tactical game :LOL:.

Yeah original game was arcadish, but now it's arcade-sim, like all PES of PS2 gen. ;)

Och and it's most popular PES to date with most patches available (which is kind of sad, that you can't use those with PES 5/WE9LE :/).

And I hear PS3 1.13 patch is out for PES 2014. Hopefully it's as good as the one on PCs, because knowing KONAMI, both will be playing differently :ROFL:.

You don't have Adriano anymore. Heck with Phoenix/Sholly patch and their OF it's one heck of the tactical game :LOL:.

You can do that with any PES game apart from 2008, change a few stats about to find something people like.

I don't like stat edits which reduce pace, they create a generic essence to the game where every game you know what to expect. For the older games it works well but for newer games it's not about every game being a slow chessmatch, its about every game being different and throwing its own unique situation challenges.

I think what bothers many people like me is how PES6 is promoted here as if it's a game with no flaws and your superior if you play PES 6. Excuse me are we planning a videogame here or is something teaching me a secret how to make woman continually orgasm all night or something which can make human being fly or what?

Why can't we throw away these silly egos and all as the PES community here discuss what we like, what we dislike, what we are missing from the old and what is worth moving onto. I hate this crap where people try to say they are better because they play in a certain way, PES has so many different challenging variables arcade and simulation style. It's about finding whats right for you. On thing i've learned even from FIFA is that some arcadey styles can be deeper and better than simulation style gameplay even.

Something my travels is teaching me is PES has a really good special community here. We are too harsh on ourselves and we let our ego's range on rather than be aware how amazing it is so many of us, create and design new things within the game to benefit the community.

Geez sorry just saying I think pes 6 is rubbish.

I don't think simulation is the right way and agree it should be balanced to give you a dynamic game that can cater for both parties

Shows the state of PES when, hours after a new patch is released, there's virtually no feedback to be found anywhere.

Anyone tried it?

Not having that much fun with the new patch on 360. Yes, more fouls are being given, doesn't matter if there're warranted or not tho. I've had 5 penalties given to me in 3 matches + 1 for the AI.
Take a long shot or make a cross and it's a fk every time, because the player that kicks the ball runs a few feet into a sliding defender well after the ball has gone. Daft.

I'm getting very annoyed with players hitting the deck in these stupid diving and falling animations. Literally every tackle/collision ends with my players lying on the ground, even after most simple passes they're getting bowled over due to incessant pressure.
Doesn't seem to matter what size, or weight players are. The amount of times players fall over while chasing the ball carrier from behind is ridiculous.

The rest of the game mechanics feel a lot more loose, and not in a good way. Player awareness seems to have taken a step or two back. I'm seeing a lot of players just switch off when receiving passes.
Super-cancel messes the 'rails' lock-on up completely. I've super-cancelled, ran towards a loose ball and ran over it because he doesn't recognise were it is :(
I'm struggling with player switching compared to the last patch.

Is it just me or have the scripted scenarios just gone full throttle with this patch. the more I'm playing this patch the more I feel that stats + difficulty have taken a back of the bus seat for the scripted driver up front.

Game feels more of a glitchy mess now imo.

Shows the state of PES when, hours after a new patch is released, there's virtually no feedback to be found anywhere.

Anyone tried it?

Honestly shows that everyone is waiting for Pes 2015
Pes2014 is dead for almost everyone

Not comparing PES 5 and 6. Just saying that I have equal fun with both 5 and 6. Any PES after 6 never amused me as much as those 2 games.
Can't disagree that it was 'arcade' but rubbish?
At the end of the day I play video games for fun & I play PES cause I like the fun football presents. I want to score goal like what Maradona did against England in world cup or Messi scored against getafe.
I think you take PES too seriously that you want to play like hardcore simulation. But I doubt a video game will ever replicate real life.
Any way , I respect your style of play. Hope PES 15 will please both of us. Peace out.

So the patch has made everything worse :LOL:

I'll try it for myself later

I think the difficulty is harder (on top player + superstar). I'm no longer dominating every game.
But I don't know if it's because the AI that has improved things. More of a feeling that the users player awareness, tackling + animations have a more important role.
The fun factor isn't really there for me atm, due to gameplay frustrations and being handicapped by the cpu rather than being outplayed

The fun factor isn't really there for me atm, due to gameplay frustrations and being handicapped by the cpu rather than being outplayed

Same for me. Haven't bothered with this game for ages but thought I'd give it a try with the latest patches and it's just so poor. Player awareness is atrocious and its littered with an endless stream of handicaps for the human controlled team, although naturally, the cpu team isn't hindered by these handicaps. I despise games that take that cheap cpu-cheat approach to create the illusion of difficulty.

The gameplay is completely lacking in credibility and has no appeal other than morbid curiosity about how bad it is.

Thanks. I have heard more fouls are being called, but it seems to vary.

It does seem like there are more fouls now, which is a good thing. However, it's a double edged sword. Now, I'm forced to spam the start button even more to skip even more mandatory cutscenes. I really hope PES 2015 allows me to turn off all cutscenes. Of course, I've been saying this for about 6 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom