PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how exactly ? from what I've seen so far I didn't saw any BIG different between the old and new console .

The brute power. The reason PES 2014 had so many issues is because, it was made using the new engine which is optimised for NG consoles.

The brute power. The reason PES 2014 had so many issues is because, it was made using the new engine which is optimised for NG consoles.

did you ever taken a look inside pes2014 EXE ? it's a mess and everyone with a little brain and reverse engineer knowledge know that and that why I don't expect anything for pes2015 , they need to refresh the people that working on this game , they way they develop is a mess .

did you ever taken a look inside pes2014 EXE ? it's a mess and everyone with a little brain and reverse engineer knowledge know that and that why I don't expect anything for pes2015 , they need to refresh the people that working on this game , they way they develop is a mess .

I read that, but I didn't take a look at it as I don't play on PC. You seem to be making the game playable on PC, so kudos to you.

Also, the PES team is a joke!

You haven't seen the difference in graphics quality? Seriously? Take a look at Ground Zeroes, Watch Dogs on PS4, Killzone on PS4 and few other titles. Graphically they are where high end PCs are, at least. With one more thing, they run those games 60 FPS flat. No drops.

But rest is just as in any game released in past 5 years. AI is what MUST take a big step forward (right now, there were only 2 compouters which used advanced AI capabilites, the computers which beat players in chess, and Jeopardy!).

You haven't seen the difference in graphics quality? Seriously? Take a look at Ground Zeroes, Watch Dogs on PS4, Killzone on PS4 and few other titles. Graphically they are where high end PCs are, at least. With one more thing, they run those games 60 FPS flat. No drops.

But rest is just as in any game released in past 5 years. AI is what MUST take a big step forward (right now, there were only 2 compouters which used advanced AI capabilites, the computers which beat players in chess, and Jeopardy!).

Watch Dogs on PS4 is not all that beauty 4 years old PC can do that without a problem , BTW the only game with different AI from all game out there was F.E.A.R and it's a old game.

I read that, but I didn't take a look at it as I don't play on PC. You seem to be making the game playable on PC, so kudos to you.

Also, the PES team is a joke!

I'm going to ruin for me but my patch didn't made this game playable at most less annoying ;)

You got to be kidding if you think you already seen it all by just skimming through the .exe. What you've seen at most is just the 'surface' level programming. Unless you have an access to the source code, there's no way you could pinpoint the underlying cause of the problems, let alone to diss the people behind the game.

You got to be kidding if you think you already seen it all by just skimming through the .exe. What you've seen at most is just the 'surface' level programming. Unless you have an access to the source code, there's no way you could pinpoint the underlying cause of the problems, let alone to diss the people behind the game.

i'm not going to argue with you about that , I didn't saw any source code but they left Enough to see that they didn't done a very good job programing this game but you don't have to believe me.. there is more "hackers" here that would tell you the same thing.

this game is not all new game , the gameplay engine is improved old engine that all from me about that.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'll try it soon.

@zeemeister

That makes them 4, no? ;)

In my 2 games ML campaign I injured 3 of the COM players. One could not return the other 3 did.

The Damn COM tables perfectly so I doubt they'll get injured. Going to spam the hell out of one of my plaued and see if he gets injured

yeah wrote about it. Even worst team can tackle like they are made from 11 Maldinis. Doesn't matter if AI plays as Poland or Burkina Faso or Koblentz...

They are tackling maestros. They will always tackle cleanly.

Btw if I got camera working, I would show another thing. Game deciding where to send the ball regardless of what your input is. Happened few times here allowing for easy AI interception. Doesn't matter if it's on 0 bars or 4 bars. The game decides that you didn't put correct input in stick. Hilarious!

Ok so i've played about ten games today so i've gotten used to to slightly more difficult 1 bar passing. Overall i'd say games are much tighter, the fact that the refs call fouls a lot more and give out cards it stops the flow of the game. Some will like that and some won't, personally I like it as i feel the refs are much more realistic and the gameplay moves further away from that PES2013 style end to end no midfield type game.

Because of this though I am considering changing the match length to 15 minutes because I am seeing a lot more 0's in the scorelines, I find it difficult to create enough chances and in some matches the only goals have been from pressurising the defenders and robbing them into a goal, they all count and all that but I would like to see more goals, maybe i will have to adjust my tactical settings to see if that affects anything although I am slightly reluctant because I am now barely conceding as my defence has tightened up too!

My main gripe now, was also existed on the other patch versions this game is the heading. man oh man, what is with this new found heading ability where the players arent even looking at the ball, but running to the optimum heading point and spinning round in mid air like a performing whale to get on the end of it?

One thing I would like to see is the AI scoring goals from corner kicks or even free kicks, this never happens...

One thing I would like to see is the AI scoring goals from corner kicks or even free kicks, this never happens...

Yaya Toure scored a FK against him. They are few and far between, as Konami seem to have nerved them. They need to find a happy medium.

Ok so i've played about ten games today so i've gotten used to to slightly more difficult 1 bar passing. Overall i'd say games are much tighter, the fact that the refs call fouls a lot more and give out cards it stops the flow of the game. Some will like that and some won't, personally I like it as i feel the refs are much more realistic and the gameplay moves further away from that PES2013 style end to end no midfield type game.

Because of this though I am considering changing the match length to 15 minutes because I am seeing a lot more 0's in the scorelines, I find it difficult to create enough chances and in some matches the only goals have been from pressurising the defenders and robbing them into a goal, they all count and all that but I would like to see more goals, maybe i will have to adjust my tactical settings to see if that affects anything although I am slightly reluctant because I am now barely conceding as my defence has tightened up too!

My main gripe now, was also existed on the other patch versions this game is the heading. man oh man, what is with this new found heading ability where the players arent even looking at the ball, but running to the optimum heading point and spinning round in mid air like a performing whale to get on the end of it?

Noticed that too.

Btw if I got camera working, I would show another thing. Game deciding where to send the ball regardless of what your input is. Happened few times here allowing for easy AI interception. Doesn't matter if it's on 0 bars or 4 bars. The game decides that you didn't put correct input in stick. Hilarious!
Yes, that's by far the most annoying thing about PES 2014. I always wondered why nobody complains about that.

They can scores plenty since patch 1.12. Above the wall, through the ball, along the ground, from various angle. Sometime too much to my likings, as if the AI read my input.

But for corner kick so far I've only seen once.

Ok guys, I just downloaded pes 2014 for free thanks to the PS+ (US).

I won't go into deep and tell the things that I didn't like about the game (wich was pretty much everything except the animations and some physics contact between players), but I'd like to know just one thing: once you download the game at this stage in the year (may), the latest patch is already intalled ?

I mean, since I downloaded the full game today, I am already playing the latest patch ? If this is the case, if that is how the game plays currently, I'm going o delete it right away.

My God, it plays like garbage!

Actually wanted to take a break of this game but my cousin asked me to have two matches on his PS3, as I had a short visit at his place yesterday.

I gotta say that I enjoyed it a lot.
The flaws I mentioned in my last posts didn´t weigh that much to me.

We had a lot of fun, some really nice goals have been scored and I managed a few very nice passing combinations.

To me, this game is great for having matches with somebody on one console.
The flaws are noticable but we actually laugh about it instead of getting mad.

Online gaming is totally different and there the flaws feel 100 times bigger.
That´s nothing new actually, I remember getting mad a lot with the MLO since PES 2011, but that´s mostly the fault of unfair players, quitters etc.
Even there have been flaws in the previous versions, this year it´s more.

Trying not to play online no more...lol.
Even I like the MLO mode.

Ok guys, I just downloaded pes 2014 for free thanks to the PS+ (US).

I won't go into deep and tell the things that I didn't like about the game (wich was pretty much everything except the animations and some physics contact between players), but I'd like to know just one thing: once you download the game at this stage in the year (may), the latest patch is already intalled ?

I mean, since I downloaded the full game today, I am already playing the latest patch ? If this is the case, if that is how the game plays currently, I'm going o delete it right away.

My God, it plays like garbage!
So you downloaded the game today and you immediately can tell that the game is garbage? Sorry, but the game is much too deep for such premature conclusions. Play at least 15 matches and then you can judge if the game is as bad as you say.
I admit, in the beginning you need to get used to what feels like slow response but as soon as you get used to that the game plays like a football-simulator, with all tactical settings you have to your disposal. Everybody plays different and you can tweak tactics until it plays the style you want.
Here on Evo web is a tactical thread ( thanks to Klashman ) where all these tactics are explained.
Follow it! Recommended :)

Last edited:
Played 3 or 4 matches with the new patch and think it's great. I actually found it slower than the last one although everyone is saying it's faster.

At least that frantic dashing around and 6-4 scorelines are gone which makes it more realistic.

It's slightly tougher to score I think and I noticed that my old trick when i'm desperate to score of heading the ball on from the goalie kickout for an am or ss to run on to is less frequent. .. damn. . . have to come up with a plan B.

I've noticed the refs are tougher and the teams line up differently for corners, shooting is not as accurate and with some players it feels less powerful. I also got a couple of "real" penalties where my striker was fouled and went down realistically as opposed to the foul given after you shoot.

Overall I think it's an improvement from the last patch which I also enjoyed.

Re: PES 2014 Discussion Threa

Yeah headers are bad and were better in 2013. They removed the r2 positioning regrettably as well. Pressing triangle/y for every header improves your chhances of connecting/winning the header i've found.

this game is not all new game , the gameplay engine is improved old engine that all from me about that.

That's what I felt like when playing the game. It didn't feel entirely new to me, and like all the bits that made previous PES games addictive or enjoyable were now missing.

I'm so interested in what PES2015 will look like. Will the graphics really be revolutionary like they promise with Fox Engine? And will all these new physics, gameplay mechanics and AI routines be unleashed with new hardware? And will PES finally provide a game mode with something to do in it besides skip to next match? I hope so, or I fear the series may be foooked.

we pay to be a beta testers for Konami that absurd..
this game is not in a state of releasing it to the public , they need to start test there stuff with Konami QA people then release it to the stores for us to buy.

The simple fact is, Konami don't test the game pre launch.

Do they every test it?
I don´t think so, as they go from one extreme to another with every single patch.

It is a brand new engine. It was never going to be a 100% finished game. For a game so big. There just not been enough time for it to be a complete package in the gameplay department.

Its good to remain realistic. Its not been good but we cannot beat ourselves up expecting perfection.

This shouldda wudda cudda moaning doesn't get anywhere. Not just here, gaming consumers tend to be so negative these days, people look to be miserable in the sense they view happiness in rather short highs given from games rather than a constantly evolving challenge.

The game hasn't been good. People have been so angry extreme negativty has set it so we don't view things in a progessive manner. Only negativity.

The reason the patches bounce to extremes is because the gameplay is too basic in its current state and it never was or is capable of providing great depth.

i'm not going to argue with you about that , I didn't saw any source code but they left Enough to see that they didn't done a very good job programing this game but you don't have to believe me.. there is more "hackers" here that would tell you the same thing.

It is an 100% new game. Did you expect them to throw away all the coding from the last gen and write it
in a different way to before?

The animations and physics are brand new.

Fifa created a new engine last gen and the coding .exe was simialar. In fact the same as the crap ps2 one.

Last edited:
It is a brand new engine. It was never going to be a 100% finished game. For a game so big. There just not been enough time for it to be a complete package in the gameplay department.

Its good to remain realistic. Its not been good but we cannot beat ourselves up expecting perfection.

This shouldda wudda cudda moaning doesn't get anywhere. Not just here, gaming consumers tend to be so negative these days, people look to be miserable in the sense they view happiness in rather short highs given from games rather than a constantly evolving challenge.

The game hasn't been good. People have been so angry extreme negativty has set it so we don't view things in a progessive manner. Only negativity.

The reason the patches bounce to extremes is because the gameplay is too basic in its current state and it never was or is capable of providing great depth.

It is the same every year. Basic issues are present, when they should be. It isn't just this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom