PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ta4ARbqbat0.jpg

Where did you get the image from?

Edit: Never mind.

Last edited:
I think in a negative mindframe we can create scapegoats which we can only see a benefit from unaware of the broad perspective. Not moving past the big catastrophic knee jerks.

Falling sales is better than no sales at all! Series do and have gone through long good and bad cycles. Same with football teams. There are some things in this world we cannot change within our situation so lets put our energy into what we can change and not create so much negativity over this we are a passenger to.

Looking at the balanced truth in a situation gives us the platform for our collective awareness to learn compared to looking from a negative perspective wondering what could of been sending us into a depression cycle hoping for a miracle.

Imho, it's a suicidal idea.

Sure, if EA and Konami made an agreement to go for a two-year-release-cycle then it would work, although such an agreement could be illegal, but otherwise...

Why would it be suicidal if PES could achieve the same or similar revenue stream over two years?

Would we not get better PES titles in the end with a two year development period?

Why would there need to be an agreement with EA? What have they got to do with it?

Illegal?

Sorry, you've lost me.

People after a few months of the same game start to get bored and want improvements. Imagine if it was two year cycles. Even on the ps2 era there was the same and those pes games were amazingly polished. That is just a Naïve idea.

Such agreement between the two companies would violate competition law (at least on the EU).

Why would it be suicidal if PES could achieve the same or similar revenue stream over two years?

Would we not get better PES titles in the end with a two year development period?

Why would there need to be an agreement with EA? What have they got to do with it?

Illegal?

Sorry, you've lost me.

It's suicidal, because DLC's don't generate even 10% of the revenue of a full release of a game. Only a minority pays for DLC's and when EA releases a full new game and Konami doesn't, then PES will be left behind, probably for good.

That's the harsh economic reality I see.

If Konami and EA would come to an agreement to change to a two-year-cycle for the football-games, then it would work, but I'm unsure if it is legally allowed to make such agreements, considering questions of monopoly and cartel...

Last edited:
PES 2008 Main Menu

I think PES 2008 got the most interesting concept for the general UI and main menu. Everything was rendered in real-time 3D. Although I do remember it was quite heavy and slow to navigate compared to the rest from the series.

Also release cycle every two years won't work. Similar theory with national and club kits, which tend to last only for one season in this era. It's the hype and buzz generated around new season, end user expected something new.

If they do so, they'll be left behind. Look at how EA struggle to revive their NBA franchise after years of hiatus even with all the money and time they have. More times doesn't guarantee better product as they are still expecting to work on other project.

Plus I think it's not Konami decision alone as they are a publicly traded company. They have to listen to the investors / backers as well.

Last edited:
Plus I think it's not Konami decision alone as they are a publicly traded company. They have to listen to the investors / backers as well.

Exactly. This is important for us to understand. These investors and senior figures are usually people who don't give a shit about the games intricacies or how realsitic it is and what not. They simply want assurance a product is released at a certian time to generate a specific amount of capital. These guys hold the power to shut the company down so what they say, goes!

The minimum amount of money the company expects to get back will directly affect the amount of money avaliable to invest in technology development and licenses for the game.

Financially the money lost from a posponed or cancelled release would be fatal. Regardless of the intended year break. We need to also take into account the year break may not even proveto provide a better game anyway.

I´m not an expert nor a programmer, but the argument about less manpower would be more credioble to me if EVERY PES was made at the start from scratch.

Just looking at the tactic options since PES 6.
There you could set the arrows where you want your players to run to.
I think that had be taken out by PES 2008 and was never put back again.
Then we had that cool feature in PES 2010 where you could set every single player on "offensive", "balanced" or "defensive".
I used that on my wing defenders and had the freedom to chose whether I want them to stay back or play offensive for example.

Got taken out on PES 2011 and also the buttons you had (counter attack, pressing, tactics A or B, etc), also not to mention the Attack and Defence Level you could set ingame with L2, I think.

On PES 2011 they took out the free replay cam and you even didn´t have to press the button for a kick off :FAIL:.

The list goes on and on and there is much stuff in the Master League which have been good features but have been taken out (Scouts, individual Training points for every single player, player stats development after every game, etc.)

Wasn´t it always the same engine between PES 6 and PES 2013?
Or let´s say till PES 2010?

Is it so hard to put that features back in the game every year and does it require that much manpower to program features that didn´t have to be invented as they have been in the previous game already?

Why the hell did we get dot lines for free kicks and kick offs this year? Who cried for it? who had the damn idea?

I know it´s easy for me as an ordinary user to name all these things but honestly:

I think it´s rather BAD DECISIONS than a lack of manpower.
At least until they switched to the fox engine this year.

It's slightly tougher to score I think and I noticed that my old trick when i'm desperate to score of heading the ball on from the goalie kickout for an am or ss to run on to is less frequent. .. damn. . . have to come up with a plan B.

Wow, cool to know you are one of those players :APPLAUD:

No offense buddy and with all respect but I think it´s quite lame playing like that, even you are behind the score.
Just my opinion.

Good luck in finding another plan B trick, but why not just playing nice and fair? ;)

PES 2015 PS4 trailer during E3 ?

Few days ago I found a picture on google image with a PS4 and PES 2015 logo with a big "30", and it's on the facebook of Playstation Middle East and I make a translation and the annonce says something like that "First PES 2015 PS4 during the E3 in 30 days".

And now nothing about PES on the page.

Few days ago I found a picture on google image with a PS4 and PES 2015 logo with a big "30", and it's on the facebook of Playstation Middle East and I make a translation and the annonce says something like that "First PES 2015 PS4 during the E3 in 30 days".

Is it that big surprise, that Pes 2015 will be presented in some way at E3?

Then we had that cool feature in PES 2010 where you could set every single player on "offensive", "balanced" or "defensive".
I fully agree on this part of your post!! That should be put back into the game.

After 7 half-games patched in 7 years more than one time and full prices requested, it's better konami doesn't come out with statements like "we dont have trucks of money to spend in purchasing licenses" or "it's the first version of nextgen", or other pearl like "this kind of editing isn't at the level needed for this generation", and so on..

Is it that big surprise, that Pes 2015 will be presented in some way at E3?

I perfectly want to align myself to your post.
It's over the time where people hyped for such information. Sorry ThomasGOAL, but we want meat now. No flaw on you, is granted.

I´m not an expert nor a programmer, but the argument about less manpower would be more credioble to me if EVERY PES was made at the start from scratch.

I used that on my wing defenders and had the freedom to chose whether I want them to stay back or play offensive for example.

Agree on that. Whats equally bad is that they removed Wingback position, which is incredibly retarded. Now it's impossible to emulate proper 3-5-2 were both wingbacks push high in attack and falls back almost to form back 5 while defending.

And to end in glory today, STOP WITH THIS FUCKING PUT AND PULL OF FEATURES FROM ONE VERSION TO ANOTHER. You broke.

Woohoo thanks can't wait. Yes it's inevitable but still my favourite time of the year.... Till the blasted thing is released and everything goes to shit :LOL:

Re:the arrows,
We have discussed this a few times no. It takes away from individuality
I could make anyone a wingback and choose the areas they covered - you now have to look for that player that covers the areas you want. This is a better option imo

Last edited:

Got taken out on PES 2011 and also the buttons you had (counter attack, pressing, tactics A or B, etc), also not to mention the Attack and Defence Level you could set ingame with L2, I think.

On PES 2011 they took out the free replay cam and you even didn´t have to press the button for a kick off :FAIL:.

The list goes on and on and there is much stuff in the Master League which have been good features but have been taken out (Scouts, individual Training points for every single player, player stats development after every game, etc.)

Wasn´t it always the same engine between PES 6 and PES 2013?
Or let´s say till PES 2010?

Is it so hard to put that features back in the game every year and does it require that much manpower to program features that didn´t have to be invented as they have been in the previous game already?

Why the hell did we get dot lines for free kicks and kick offs this year? Who cried for it? who had the damn idea?

I know it´s easy for me as an ordinary user to name all these things but honestly:

I think it´s rather BAD DECISIONS than a lack of manpower.
At least until they switched to the fox engine this year.

Wow, cool to know you are one of those players :APPLAUD:

No offense buddy and with all respect but I think it´s quite lame playing like that, even you are behind the score.
Just my opinion.

Good luck in finding another plan B trick, but why not just playing nice and fair? ;)

That was actually a joke buddy.

Found it ! but it's not "Playstation middle east" but "Pro Evolution Soccer Middle East Fans"

10366074_548691198585138_1990763139036392828_n.png

Counting down: 30 days to go to announce PES 2015 official first trailer in E3 EXPO

https://www.facebook.com/ProEvoluti...0167/548691198585138/?type=1&relevant_count=1

Last edited:
Re:the arrows,
We have discussed this a few times no. It takes away from individuality
I could make anyone a wingback and choose the areas they covered - you now have to look for that player that covers the areas you want. This is a better option imo

I feel we should still be able to give any player any instruction we want. Whether the player follows those instructions is then governed by their abilities. I don't feel it detracts from individuality as the most suitable player for the job will still perform the best.

This game is better played on D-Pad then Analog sticks :LOL:.

Came to this conclusion after playing ~50 games on both. Ridiculous how much of a difference it makes :LOL:.

After 7 half-games patched in 7 years more than one time and full prices requested, it's better konami doesn't come out with statements like "we dont have trucks of money to spend in purchasing licenses" or "it's the first version of nextgen", or other pearl like "this kind of editing isn't at the level needed for this generation", and so on..

+1.

Illegal?

Sorry, you've lost me.

Absolutely!
EA does not need any agreement cause they are making huge money every year thanks to marketing in spite of almost same boring gameplay.
But it is PES whose selling is in constant decline since PES 6.
And now some PES fan expecting EA to save KONAMI's ass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom