PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will.

Massively enjoying PES2014 and think its the best gameplay since PES5

Yes they're are issues with it as there had been with every game ever made but I keep playing and can't wait to start the world challenge and now 2o14 copa libertedores.

I reckon its the pinnacle of soccer games this far

*runs for onslaught of negative moaners*

I'm with you, mate

There are clear and heavy issues with Pes 2014:
1. The Cpu cripples my team and boosts its iwn team to pose a challenge at top player or superstar.

2. There's no two tiered stamiba/fatigue system.

3. Players severely lack individuality.

Still, because there is only Fifa as an alternative, which doesn't give me that football-feeling I get with Pes, I stick to it and just hope that the next version will improve.

Guys, this yearly discussion among who likes and who not, doesn't go anywhere.
Displays about salesdrop are the only fuel to make something change. Ignoring it's always an unfinished and heavily bugged game compared to a standard requested by now (not FIFA as example), (but remember is always the same game, with the same rules which comes out every year earlier too) is delusional and stupid.
One of the thing which certainly is needed is avoiding this stupid yearly release.
So people should absolutely stop to moan about the game but stop buying untill they produce good things. No other way. Dont always fall in that mechanic induced protocol moan-buy-moan-buy-moan-buy...

Oh man, CG FIFA animations maybe (but still too little variety for my liking), but NG FIFA blows PES when it comes to amount of animations.

Amounts maybe, but still in my opinion PES 2014 looks more realistic in animations than FIFA 14 NG.

FIFA looks too artificial to me on the animations, even NG.

Amounts maybe, but still in my opinion PES 2014 looks more realistic in animations than FIFA 14 NG.

Amen.

Don't worry you can hide by my place.

Seriously though is a good game. Surprised jimmy hadn't been back to atleast try it.

On another note the latest patch has buggered up dribbling or the added response on the defending has neutralised my ability to wrong foot a defender.

The games are very touch and go so I would get a 0-0 against man u then a loss against Cardiff and a 3-0 against Liverpool. It's very random and the team you meet on the day is as well.

No victory, or defeat for that matter, is a guarantee.

The 0-0 draw my keeper got 7.5 rating. Also I had a minor stroke when Cardiff had a defender sent off in the closing minutes for a silly nudge on the outside of the box from nowhere near a scoring position.

It was a very bad call, Straight red! I like the randomness but it did raise an eyebrow

Last edited:
Guys, this yearly discussion among who likes and who not, doesn't go anywhere.
Displays about salesdrop are the only fuel to make something change. Ignoring it's always an unfinished and heavily bugged game compared to a standard requested by now (not FIFA as example), (but remember is always the same game, with the same rules which comes out every year earlier too) is delusional and stupid.
One of the thing which certainly is needed is avoiding this stupid yearly release.
So people should absolutely stop to moan about the game but stop buying untill they produce good things. No other way. Dont always fall in that mechanic induced protocol moan-buy-moan-buy-moan-buy...

Crazy talk!:LOL:

Last edited:
Amen.

Don't worry you can hide by my place.

Seriously though is a good game. Surprised jimmy hadn't been back to atleast try it.

On another note the latest patch has buggered up dribbling or the added response on the defending has neutralised my ability to wrong foot a defender.

The games are very touch and go so I would get a 0-0 against man u then a loss against Cardiff and a 3-0 against Liverpool. It's very random and the team you meet on the day is as well.

No victory, or defeat for that matter, is a guarantee.

The 0-0 draw my keeper got 7.5 rating. Also I had a minor stroke when Cardiff had a defender sent off in the closing minutes for a silly nudge on the outside of the box from nowhere near a scoring position.

It was a very bad call, Straight red! I like the randomness but it did raise an eyebrow

I think the game is great too. I found using possession and all out attack can really change a match dramatically.

One strange thing I noticed was when the centre-half from the CPU team got sent off for two justifiable yellow cards The CPU didn't compensate for it as they did in previous versions, leaving a gap in the middle of their defence to exploit and for me to win comfortably.

Possession game for me balances out the match better and all out attack is great for staging a comeback.

If you play on PC, try yair25 latest patch :P. It blows official patches out of the water :LOL:. He does the job KONAMI and PES Team should do. They need fresh blood. Fresh, open minded people to push this series forward.

I think the game is great too. I found using possession and all out attack can really change a match dramatically.

One strange thing I noticed was when the centre-half from the CPU team got sent off for two justifiable yellow cards The CPU didn't compensate for it as they did in previous versions, leaving a gap in the middle of their defence to exploit and for me to win comfortably.

Possession game for me balances out the match better and all out attack is great for staging a comeback.

Yeah you can play neat possession football. I quite enjoy the likes of Mendes in my ML team
He is from guinea (I think) His deft passing abilities can split defences with neat little heels or flicks onto my strikers that my other SS position players can't do.

Still love Sergi Roberto - barca are going to regret selling him to me. He is like Xavi and iniesta rolled into one dynamite package.

Last edited:
Yeah you can play neat possession football. I wrote like the likes of Mendes is my ML team. From guinea I think, he has deft passing abilities and can split defences with best little heels or flicks onto my strikers that my other SS position players can't do

Still love Sergi Roberto - barca are going to regret selling him to me. He is like Xavi and iniesta rolled into one dynamite package.

I hear you buddy, I like using Florenzi, Anderson and Colak in midfield for passing, it's also great when you discover a cheap unknown who plays well for you.

Can anyone explain to me what the difference between Pirlo's 98 rated lofted passes + one of the many 100's who have 70 lofted pass?
I'm asking this about B, RT + B, and lobbed thruballs.

I honestly can't see much difference, especially with accuracy. Can't tell with pass speed much either - cross field balls to wide open players will always hang until the defender gets there to challenge.
How much does pass assist and/or gameplay difficulty interfere?

This is an honest question. I'd really like to know

Can anyone explain to me what the difference between Pirlo's 98 rated lofted passes + one of the many 100's who have 70 lofted pass?

I honestly can't see much difference, especially with accuracy. Can't tell with pass speed much either - cross field balls to wide open players will always hang until the defender gets there to challenge.

There is none, and people call this a "good base" for future games:FAIL:

I disagree.

I have been obsessed with PES since I was a kid. But I had to give in this year.

I bought a PS4 and a copy of FIFA 14 was bought for me by the missus at Xmas. It is frustrating at times but is 100 times better than PES 2014.

Konami won't get my cash again until they move with the times and stop releasing games that look and play like PlayStation 2 games.

I disagree.

I have been obsessed with PES since I was a kid. But I had to give in this year.

I bought a PS4 and a copy of FIFA 14 was bought for me by the missus at Xmas. It is frustrating at times but is 100 times better than PES 2014.

Konami won't get my cash again until they move with the times and stop releasing games that look and play like PlayStation 2 games.

I guess you will quickly become tired of it. The first Fifa makes everything look great then little by little you start to realize it's an empty shell, especially in gameplay department

That's my opinion though

Moving the ball around with Pirlo definitely feels smoother, more precise and refined to me than most players in the game. The feeling of your playing with Pirlo is there.

See what I mean chief. You say a bad thing about fifa 14 NG they come crawling out like cockroaches.

Your life is in danger. I will send your co-ordinates.

@Hocus when I say like xavi and iniesta its his ability to orchestrate play through passing or penetrative runs or dribbles. His stats belie his ability.

This place these days......

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PC) | Atletico Mineiro vs Sao Paulo | HD

Do not look at score board :LOL:.

The variety with yair25 patch puts original 1.13. patch to shame. PES Team what the heck were you improving all THE TIME?! He did what you couldn't do for 5+ patches -.-

(difficulty went tits up for the video, which is NOT yair fault, but mine - noticed it after recording and didnt want to re-record - also forgive me for yelling R10 name - my all time favorite player, passer, dribbler. The God of football).

Btw I played FIFA 11 for 1.5 years on PC. Didn't get boring even once. It's all about opinion and perception of football. ;)

Last edited:
There is none, and people call this a "good base" for future games:FAIL:

That brings me to another question. The 'rails' that is the underlying mechanic for passing, running + well, everything.

I always wanted them gone as the AI interference over your control is so blatant (especially this yr) through this mechanic. But maybe 'gone' isn't the solution, or possible.

eg. direction takes priority over the power bar no matter what PA, like the Ai overriding your pass to the player that's offside (not just 14, this has been around for yrs). Tap the pass button and it'll fly 50yrds like a bullet, or fill the long pass bar full + it'll go to the guy 5yrds away
AI completely controlling your sprint speed + direction - how many times does your player slow to a crawl near the touchline to let the ball go out? How many times does the AI move your player off the line of a pass so it can be intercepted? A long sprint for a loose ball is predetermined from the very beginning
Players locking onto passes or loose balls messing up - supercancel screws this up a lot, and then there's times when you can't even change a selected player.

I put these kind of things down to the 'rails', and feel so prehistoric. Probably why I don't feel much difference between a Pirlo long pass and Brasileirao bench player :( Problem is imo, every bit of gameplay code flows through these AI chosen paths.
It's an easy way to hinder your play rather than use better AI to out play you

Obviously Konami aren't gonna get rid of them, so maybe they could make them much less rigid, linear + scripted. Loosen the player movement up. So much so, that it'll give the illusion that there's more freedom.
Imagine sprinting after a loose ball were you could change direction or give up on it without using supercancel

If these same strict, rigid rails show up on PS4, X1 or PC next yr, Pes15 will feel far from a NG experience for me.

Last edited:
YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PC) | Atletico Mineiro vs Sao Paulo | HD

Do not look at score board :LOL:.

The variety with yair25 patch puts original 1.13. patch to shame. PES Team what the heck were you improving all THE TIME?! He did what you couldn't do for 5+ patches -.-

(difficulty went tits up for the video, which is NOT yair fault, but mine - noticed it after recording and didnt want to re-record - also forgive me for yelling R10 name - my all time favorite player, passer, dribbler. The God of football).

Btw I played FIFA 11 for 1.5 years on PC. Didn't get boring even once. It's all about opinion and perception of football. ;)

Info presents. I had a feeling that was you.:LOL:

Anyway, gameplay does look improved over the console version.

Info presents. I had a feeling that was you.:LOL:

Anyway, gameplay does look improved over the console version.

Don't worry mate, learnt my lesson all too well. Overly criticizing PES wasn't good idea and well, my original account was rightfully banned for spamming (permanently, might add).

Now I should say 1.12. was massive improvement for me over original game released in September. 1.13. was basically the same, but with fixed online issues (if someone plays online that is).

But there were things, which despite overall improvement, went in opposite direction. With 1.07. the game was balanced, but they decided to ruin it with... AI constantly pressuring you like hungry dogs. Without impact on stamina whatsoever. You got the ball, you had to pass it frantically without time on the ball, because if you held it for 1.5 second you lost it. Why did they touch something which worked before? I don't even know.

The shooting was overpowered with 1.12. They subdued it a little with 1.13. and added more fouls - or actually enabled friction control in collision system. Some fouls called are funny, but hey, better have them than not have them at all.

Can someone see the pattern PES Team is moving in? It's 1 or 0. Binary. No middle ground. They fix one thing, ruin another, if they fix what they ruined, they mess something else which worked fine before. Completely unreasonable. Having high hopes for PES 2015 seeing this? Well, I am still skeptical. Unless half work was indeed handled to UK studio (which would lead to Japan studio having more time on other game mechanics).

Now, yair25 did balance the game out with constant trying. It wasn't done in 1 go. Listening to fans and continuing to go with his own vision allowed for a lot of improvement.

I wouldn't say this before, but can say it now. Haven't thought I wouldn't be able to put down controller when playing PES 2014. Now I can't. I strive for one more game :LOL:. It's just THAT good now. Can't wait for DP6 with new Copa Libertadores ;).

It really is shocking to think that modders can do a better job at improving the game than the PES team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom