PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Americans know better about football?:LMAO:

There aren't one of type of "americans" are there ? Just like there isn't an archetype of asian,europeans,africans, arabs ...
Your generalization is borderline stupid tbh.

why? this is just a pr stunt. this hollier then now attitude that europeans know best when it comes to football is annoying and ignorant

That's not the point :CONFUSE: they're basically going all out and saying the game needed a change of environment and have gone with the easy route of picking Footballs birth place and arguably most obsessed Footballing culture on the planet. They obviously want potential employees to be Footballing obsessed yet highly skilled developers with the ability to communicate in English.

I simply can't understate how important that change in infrastructure is going to be. And we won't be seeing the best work from these devs until PES 2015 a the earliest the 1st years game will be a test bed of sorts, and I expect it to go through transitional phases like FIFA 07-FIFA 11 where at some point they nail the foundations and start to build upon it year by year.

This has nothing to do with one continents employees being more knowledgeable than the other and a lot more to do with gunning for EA's marketshare. You may be very surprised when most of the employees are a mix of European/North and South American/African/Asian who all have the ability to communicate in English (which happens to be the essential ingredient) along with a passion for Football/Football games.

I hope they employ some devs who are passionate fans of the series as well as hardcore fans of the game I'm sure they'll share some of the communities woes of the last few years. I guess time will tell and I don't know why I've written this much on the subject :TTTH: all I know is this is a long needed resolution and Konami are betting big and clearly investing a lot more time and money than they have done before in what is essentially one of their biggest video game franchises.

That's not the point :CONFUSE: they're basically going all out and saying the game needed a change of environment and have gone with the easy route of picking Footballs birth place and arguably most obsessed Footballing culture on the planet. They obviously want potential employees to be Footballing obsessed yet highly skilled developers with the ability to communicate in English.

I simply can't understate how important that change in infrastructure is going to be. And we won't be seeing the best work from these devs until PES 2015 a the earliest the 1st years game will be a test bed of sorts, and I expect it to go through transitional phases like FIFA 07-FIFA 11 where at some point they nail the foundations and start to build upon it year by year.

This has nothing to do with one continents employees being more knowledgeable than the other and a lot more to do with gunning for EA's marketshare. You may be very surprised when most of the employees are a mix of European/North and South American/African/Asian who all have the ability to communicate in English (which happens to be the essential ingredient) along with a passion for Football/Football games.

I hope they employ some devs who are passionate fans of the series as well as hardcore fans of the game I'm sure they'll share some of the communities woes of the last few years. I guess time will tell and I don't know why I've written this much on the subject :TTTH: all I know is this is a long needed resolution and Konami are betting big and clearly investing a lot more time and money than they have done before in what is essentially one of their biggest video game franchises.
then why didnt they move to canada if they want to compete with fifa devs...

"They obviously want potential employees to be Footballing obsessed yet highly skilled developers with the ability to communicate in English."

shit son you could find these type of people all over the planet, you guys would be surprised to how many americans/canadians in new york, washington,vancouver, toronto and seattle fit this description...

p.s.
and if any of you lot really think a Japanese company is going to hand the reigns over to the Europeans, i think we are all in for a big surprise, although im sure rom can confirm or deny this point

That's not the point :CONFUSE:

Agree.

I simply can't understate how important that change in infrastructure is going to be.

might be

Certainly, for many years during the first half of the 2000s (when PES was still good), there was a real sense that the PES development team were not in any way in touch with the wider PES community and were uncontactable. Our endless hours of discussions, wish-lists, complaints, etc on various forums about PES went completely unnoticed by them.

In the last couple of years, they made a few superficial steps to suggest they're "in-touch" with the western market (Jon Murphy's presence, etc) but this step of setting up a European based office with a range of potentially significant roles is a much bigger statement that they realise the change in approach is needed.

I think the Neymar goal looks great.
The only thing that lets it down is that not once does the keeper look up to see where the ball is.
Watch it again and watch the keepers head. It don’t move.

then why didnt they move to canada if they want to compete with fifa devs...

"They obviously want potential employees to be Footballing obsessed yet highly skilled developers with the ability to communicate in English."

shit son you could find these type of people all over the planet, you guys would be surprised to how many americans/canadians in new york, washington,vancouver, toronto and seattle fit this description...

p.s.
and if any of you lot really think a Japanese company is going to hand the reigns over to the Europeans, i think we are all in for a big surprise, although im sure rom can confirm or deny this point

Konami's executives and board members are the one's that make those decisions not me, they've obviously gone with the UK for a few reasons bar the one's stated in the press release. Perhaps they're getting a nice tax reduction for making the move... as well as it being the location of their main PR guy in Jon Murphy clearly there are more substantial reasons than culture and that they speak English but I don't work for Konami so I have no idea.

I watched the whole video and was like cool interesiting then i saw CR7 and i was like ok that looks pretty when it got to Neymar i was floored.
Too many small patched up animations breaks the flow and seamlessness sometimes (Xavi and Robben especially). Robben's ball touches are the epitome of what sucked with this generation animations thant seem choppy almost like a street fighter animation where frames are cancelled.

The animation transitions are not perfect but man this is looking good.

I think the Neymar goal looks great.
The only thing that lets it down is that not once does the keeper look up to see where the ball is.
Watch it again and watch the keepers head. It don’t move.

Its the problem with half the animations. Lack of intent. When ibra did his volley he never once looked to see if he score he never even looked excited and was facing the wrong direction till the ball went out of play. It makes him feel like a robot.

Seen someone post it in wenb..

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-23-ea-settles-USD27m-madden-monopoly-lawsuit

Konami CL ends this year, hence the exclusivity. hope they don't continue with this exclusive thing. So it's time for consumer to do same thing next year with ea's exclusive license with bundesliga and premier league ?

Is it doable..?

I'd love that to happen to end this exclusivity bs. Forces them to focus on the more important things; gameplay and matchday atmosphere.

why? this is just a pr stunt. this hollier then now attitude that europeans know best when it comes to football is annoying and ignorant

It's not a case of that at all. Many of us have said that Konami could possibly benefit from having some outside influence to help modernise the game and tailor it more towards western tastes (the game's biggest market).

The core game will still be developed in Japan but the London team will hopefully mean the game gets better presentation, commentary, crowd chants, etc....things which have been sub-standard for years.

At the end of the day, I don't care if this studio is in London, Seattle, Rio or Sydney, it's just good to see Konami spreading their wings and expanding development outside of Japan.

I'd love that to happen to end this exclusivity bs. Forces them to focus on the more important things; gameplay and matchday atmosphere.

My thoughts exactly. Feel like Konami have leaned on the CL license a bit too much the last few years.

Seen someone post it in wenb..

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-23-ea-settles-USD27m-madden-monopoly-lawsuit

Konami CL ends this year, hence the exclusivity. hope they don't continue with this exclusive thing. So it's time for consumer to do same thing next year with ea's exclusive license with bundesliga and premier league ?

Is it doable..?

That settlement is actually a victory for EA. It means that the plaintiffs gave up and EA settled with them, paying a symbolic sum of 27 million $. The advantage for EA is that it didn't reach the stage where a judge could make a ruling based on principles.

That EA then also agreed to abstain from buying exclusive rights for five years is symbolic as well, cause there are no other american-football-videogame-competitors. Even if 2k would take up the opportunity to develop an american-football-videogame, it would be risky cause after the five years EA would buy the exclusive rights again and 2k would have to give up again. I don't think that a producer would invest when he can only get five years to enjoy returns.

But who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

That settlement is actually a victory for EA. It means that the plaintiffs gave up and EA settled with them, paying a symbolic sum of 27 million $. The advantage for EA is that it didn't reach the stage where a judge could make a ruling based on principles.

That EA then also agreed to abstain from buying exclusive rights for five years is symbolic as well, cause there are no other american-football-videogame-competitors. Even if 2k would take up the opportunity to develop an american-football-videogame, it would be risky cause after the five years EA would buy the exclusive rights again and 2k would have to give up again. I don't think that a producer would invest when he can only get five years to enjoy returns.

Sorry for the OT but if 2K came in and made an NFL game to the standard of NBA2K, there's a chance Madden could be hit hard. Look at what happened with NBA Elite.

nah mate, i disagree. EA will think damn hard about signing an exclusive license again. They will be open to another lawsuit.

does anyone know if fifas CLUBS mode will be in this pes? best mode in the game for me

Doubt it and Online is an area in need of improvement desperately. They need to increase functionality and speed up the process of finding/exiting matches. Shocking the system in place at the moment, I'd bank on them betting big with it with Fox Engine.

I loved the video. Onf of the best i've seen so far.

Player ID really is something special as I expected. There are some great moves that look impressive to me, even the animations of these moves look surprisingly good, very fluid.

The "pedalada" (stepovers) of Cristiano Ronaldo are very fluid, look superb to me. Xavi's ball control is really special as well, looks great. The way Messi score is beatiful, it's his signature, it's just like what he usually do when he's 1-1 witht hte keeper.

The only thing that look a bit silly is Neymar doing that trick two times in a row, i hope this has some challenge to do, otherwise it will loose that feeling that you did something special.

But overall, it's looking great, even the crowd sounds good. Roll on the demo!!:BOP:

Really sad that we didn't get an early leak. Can't wait to get my hands on this and try out Ronaldo.

Sorry for the OT but if 2K came in and made an NFL game to the standard of NBA2K, there's a chance Madden could be hit hard. Look at what happened with NBA Elite.

I just reread the settlement: The five year ban on exclusive rights is only meant regarding American College Football, represented by the NCAA.

It doesn't affect in any way the exclusive rights for the NFL, so the game Madden remains completely unscathed by the settlement.

Really, EA won big time with this settlement.

I even doubt that we will see new competition for american college football because of the damokles-sword waiting after five years.

That's the video i've waiting for, very promissing can't wait for tomorrow.

The only thing that i'm worried that they still using that choppy "before make a cross brake" animation, see on sweeden cross on 0:50. Is the biggest flaw i see.

Last edited:

That video is smooth as fuck. Dribbling looks really nice, touches looked more pronounced then last years version where feet moved at 100mph. Visually adequate and the pace of the game looks spot on.

Just hope the individuality is inherent throughout this time. Wrong footed shots/accuracy might be a minor niggle for some, but for a few of us it's a major part of the immersion. Having to consider each players limitations and characteristics is one of the main aspects that gives it a leg up over FIFA, so it's not something I think you can easily dismiss as nit-picking.

Shame about the volley animations. Don't think there's ever been a football game thats accurately captured the correct technique. No idea whats so difficult about it, but it seems odd that a standard first time strike with the laces has always been missing. Much more frequent IRL then bicycle kicks and those karate-kicks that wouldn't look out of place in a really bad kid's Hollywood soccer film.

That's the video i've waiting for, very promissing can't wait for tomorrow.

The only thing that i'm worried that they still using that choppy "before make a cross brake" animation, see on sweeden cross on 0:50. Is the biggest flaw i see.

Nothing choppy or wrong with that dropkick-sweden-cross!

Guys.. i watch all PES 2013 videos now and.. there is not CL or LE logos or names on license credits.. so .. Konami lose it ?

Guys.. i watch all PES 2013 videos now and.. there is not CL or LE logos or names on license credits.. so .. Konami lose it ?

You watched them wrong, I've seen it in one of the latest vids. Plus, Adam confirmed it's there, at least for another year

Back
Top Bottom