PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

yeah it took me about 20 seconds to find a video of Di Maria scoring a fantastic goal with his right foot. So it's not like he never EVER uses it.

@Kouroux fair enough, Tobi had already complained about Di Maria crossing with his right so I kind of mixed you guys' comments together. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

You're a tedious one aren't you ? My point was specifically about the ball he flicked with his right foot and not that he can't use his right foot in general ffs.
edit: plus in the situation where he followed with a cross with his right foot (he rarely does it in real but he still does), it'd have been much better if we could have an animation where players like Di Maria despite their position, would use the outside of their left foot to cross.

I reckon those ''wrong foot'' issues might have to do with mirroring as opposed to anything else. Still, they should be aware of such inaccuracies when putting the video together.

Nowt wrong with the double nutmeg from Neymar, the cheeky swine is more than capable of doing that.

The 3rd vid looks actually quite decent in my opinion, i really like the lighting and the turf colour, and finally they got Messi not looking like a 13-years-old boy.

Last edited:

Cmon, you've all been around this forum long enough to know that you shouldn't judge any of the AI behavior on them.

Decent video.
One gripe though, and it never changes, Ronaldo/Portugal in red - opposing keeper, guess what colour kit he's wearing...
Why do konami do this every year?
Gripe over.

thesixthaxis.com preview is absolutely positive, saying it's the best football game ever, most fluid and the ai players seem to have minds of their own.
godisageek.com preview is even more complimentary, the reviewer can't believe how much better the gameplay is than previous editions.

Yet still people complaining about trivia like shooting with the wrong foot!
If you look for negatives then you'll always find them, just glad i don't have to play local games with some of the negative nancys knocking about.

Personally, I'm literally gagging to play the demo and learn the new gameplay skills and features. It's good that it's realistic, but the gameplay IS the most important thing.

Some of you lot wouldn't be able to play games in the 80s and 90s you'd be so offended!

I think it looks great.
The Messi goal was brilliant and so too the skills of Ronaldo.

I cant wait until tomorrow.....by the way...Im 37 and my wife dont understand all this fuss!!

Love it:),one of the best video so far ! But all these innovations in the attack made ​​ defence look foolish.
I really hope from Konami to found the balance...because there are prospects for huge problems, spam and scripting .

Last edited:

Love the video :) . But all these innovations in the attack made ​​ defence look foolish.
I really hope from Konami to found the balance...because there are prospects for huge problems, spam and scripting .

There is no way whatsoever you can arrive at such a conclusion from a short video clearly designed to highlight the attacking side of the game in relation to Player ID.

I think it's quite obvious they've allowed those goals to go in on purpose. Even the way Ronaldo gets past a couple of players, I'd say the setting is on a low level to show off the attacking moves.

Nice save by Buffon ;)

There is no way whatsoever you can arrive at such a conclusion from a short video clearly designed to highlight the attacking side of the game in relation to Player ID.

Trust me :) I can ! Its not only from that video , is generally assumption.

Last edited:

as good as that last goal was , i hope not to see that too many times..nutmeg two defenders then a bending lob into the top corner from 8 yards out? Hardly happens week in week out...Out of interest and in the spirit of Player ID who was the player?

first 2013 video i enjoyed. it gives me a lot of pes 5 / 6 feedback...which is good.

bring on the demo.

Didn't like the Neymar goal, looked awkward as hell, in fact a lot of stuff looks 'awkward but I guess thats a given at this point.

The difficulty-level for these videos are probably on regular or lower, so it's better to wait for the demo decide the defensive AI's qualities or lack of them.

But what about the karate-kick-goals in the video? You know, the ball comes into the goal-area as a cross or high pass and the attacker flies into the ball using the tip of his foot to make the goal.

thesixthaxis.com preview is absolutely positive, saying it's the best football game ever, most fluid and the ai players seem to have minds of their own.
godisageek.com preview is even more complimentary, the reviewer can't believe how much better the gameplay is than previous editions.

Yet still people complaining about trivia like shooting with the wrong foot!
If you look for negatives then you'll always find them, just glad i don't have to play local games with some of the negative nancys knocking about.

Personally, I'm literally gagging to play the demo and learn the new gameplay skills and features. It's good that it's realistic, but the gameplay IS the most important thing.

Some of you lot wouldn't be able to play games in the 80s and 90s you'd be so offended!

Bah, here I am trying not to get excited because I remember all the positivity surrounding the demos last year, but with all the great press this is getting, I can't wait!

Also, it depends on the demo tomorrow but from the footage I've seen, which I presume is the console version, it does look nicer than last year. Slightly better lighting and sharper, clearer visuals. But we can't tell that until tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom