PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Great vid, looking a lot more fluid, and yes agree about the complete disregard for players weaker feet. I seem to remember last year Ashley Cole swapping wings perfectly with his Right foot, looked stupid as all hell

No mention in the job spec of an ability to program footballers with shark heads. I guess they must be leaving that as a responsiblity of the Japanese office.

"Programming content where users can enjoy flawless gameplay" ....good luck with that one.

they should check out Baz with his gameplay football beta

Thats a better video but stiff animation is still there. It spoils the fun...

Yea, does a bit. But hopefully the gameplay will feel so good it'll be easier to ignore this year. Previews sound good.

thesixthaxis.com preview is absolutely positive, saying it's the best football game ever, most fluid and the ai players seem to have minds of their own.
godisageek.com preview is even more complimentary, the reviewer can't believe how much better the gameplay is than previous editions.

Yet still people complaining about trivia like shooting with the wrong foot!
If you look for negatives then you'll always find them, just glad i don't have to play local games with some of the negative nancys knocking about.

Personally, I'm literally gagging to play the demo and learn the new gameplay skills and features. It's good that it's realistic, but the gameplay IS the most important thing.

Some of you lot wouldn't be able to play games in the 80s and 90s you'd be so offended!

I'm gonna take it as if it was aimed at me.I've been playing videogames since the early 90s and no I wasn't offended by games .I hate it when moralistic holier than thou posters like you get on their high horse and just assume things about others, things they would have no idea of.
People can criticize certain aspects of the game while still playing the game and anticipating for the next one.

What cam setting is it on? Is it long cam? I like this angle a lot

I'm sure that list is not complete yet because that certainly was Vila-Belmiro.

You're probably right. Looks like we may see some more South American stadia though, which is good news.

Wonder what has happened to the Amsterdam ArenA?

I'm pretty chilled, but this is really annoying, crying over and over about stuff that we all know are not going to be ace this year... pisses me off!

Whats your problem?

Ρε αρειανε χαλαρωσε λίγο. Δεν βλεπεις οτι πάλι τρέχουν σαν ρομποτάκια και χαλάει όλη η εικόνα. Αν εσένα δεν σε νοιάζει δεν με απασχολεί. Ότι με ενοχλεί θα το λέω μέχρι να διορθωθεί. Αν θες να παίζεις ένα κουτσό ποδοσφαιράκι μαγκιά σου, αλλά όχι να το εκθειάζουμε κιόλας. Και χαλάρωσε λίγο...

I liked the Xavi moment, very realistic.The turn and then the pass with the outside of the foot and also Messi who was really lifelike in terms of looks,body shape and movement.
I can see myself paying a huge fee for Neymar in the ML (yes I like the old name) and use him to scare the hell out of defenders.He will be a poison I feel

Excited after reading the sixthaxis preview. Gameplay is king, and it looks like they have refined it. I am frustrated and disappointed with some of the missing "little things" that have been missing from the current generation of PES games, especially considering how brilliant this game was in those areas during the last generation.

That being said, the gameplay keeps bringing me back. It's not perfect by any means, but it replicates the beautiful game better then any. I really hope they have learned from this current generation, and are not as shortsighted when building the infrastructure for the new engine.

There is no excuse for not having the other aspects outside of gameplay properly represented, as other great sports games of this current generation are doing that. The old PES games of the past did this quite well, it needs to return next year and match the stellar gameplay.

Whats your problem?

Ρε αρειανε χαλαρωσε λίγο. Δεν βλεπεις οτι πάλι τρέχουν σαν ρομποτάκια και χαλάει όλη η εικόνα. Αν εσένα δεν σε νοιάζει δεν με απασχολεί. Ότι με ενοχλεί θα το λέω μέχρι να διορθωθεί. Αν θες να παίζεις ένα κουτσό ποδοσφαιράκι μαγκιά σου, αλλά όχι να το εκθειάζουμε κιόλας. Και χαλάρωσε λίγο...

Only English in here please.

Really a nice vid. Any demo PC leaks? or we have to wait for tomorrow?

I liked the Xavi moment, very realistic.The turn and then the pass with the outside of the foot and also Messi who was really lifelike in terms of looks,body shape and movement.
I can see myself paying a huge fee for Neymar in the ML (yes I like the old name) and use him to scare the hell out of defenders.He will be a poison I feel
Exactly, this is what I like most of this video, seemed very natural! Looks like fakeshot or fakepass with back turn :)

I'm gonna take it as if it was aimed at me.I've been playing videogames since the early 90s and no I wasn't offended by games .I hate it when moralistic holier than thou posters like you get on their high horse and just assume things about others, things they would have no idea of.
People can criticize certain aspects of the game while still playing the game and anticipating for the next one.
I'm holier than noone!

PES has had disappointing playability this gen to say the least - it finally seems like it has been freed up and looks to be the best PES yet and people are still nitpicking about irrelevance.

Wasn't having a dig, just quite excited and the nitpicking bums me out. To me it doesn't matter (graphics/animation/realism etc), but these are just bonuses - the flesh on the skeleton of playability. And it sounds like the skeleton is stronger than ever this year - so let's be happy!

Can't wait for tomoz!

It ain't nitpicking man, I've been going on about it for years and it is too obvious for me not to mention it.Plus in a video where you're basically promoting how PES is replicating the playing style of certain players, wouldn't you wanna get the most basic things spot on.
Like Ibrahimovic and his ninja kick done with the left foot, I can understand that for some it seems trivial but I guess I have a high level of expectation specially when it comes to things that are brandished as a main addition to the game.

Whats your problem?

I can see your point, but saying that the animations aren't any good over and over again, won't make them any better. I'm chilled, I just don't like the way present your view on the game. There are obvious improvements in the animations in general and even in videos the game seems more fluid.
My suggestion for you is to play the game first and then judge the animations and stuff.

Also the nutmeg (grand pont in french) used by Ronaldo was fantastic.The way the entire sequence went, the timing of that skill,the reaction of both Ronaldo and the defender it was spot on.

Much better video today. However....

For me this is the most exciting PES news in years.

why? this is just a pr stunt. this hollier then now attitude that europeans know best when it comes to football is annoying and ignorant

At least a different set of culture might be helpful.Like when you've been so used to work with the same people,the same methods of work, the same routines.Using someone else's fresh view on the game can only be good.
I agree with you gomito, being european doesn't mean you're instantly more knowledgeable than asians in terms of football

It ain't nitpicking man, I've been going on about it for years and it is too obvious for me not to mention it.Plus in a video where you're basically promoting how PES is replicating the playing style of certain players, wouldn't you wanna get the most basic things spot on.
Like Ibrahimovic and his ninja kick done with the left foot, I can understand that for some it seems trivial but I guess I have a high level of expectation specially when it comes to things that are brandished as a main addition to the game.
Fair enough, it would be nice if these things were ironed out but maybe we have to wait for the new engine. Personally, I'd like to see the shoulder pads used to determine which foot is used. Each foot should have it's own stats as well (determined by how 'cultured' the foot is), but that's for the future.

Considering we've only had cack PESs and the always (imo) cack FIFA to choose from this gen, I'm just delighted we are finally getting a game worthy of the times.

Roll on tomoz!

At least a different set of culture might be helpful.Like when you've been so used to work with the same people,the same methods of work, the same routines.Using someone else's fresh view on the game can only be good.
I agree with you gomito, being european doesn't mean you're instantly more knowledgeable than asians in terms of football

i agree with that %100, but saying this is the best thing to happen to pes in years is fairly ridiculous..

Back
Top Bottom