PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

No reason why the current engine wouldn't allow it. They're just textures.

how come modders cant do it? 3rd kits

They add it through kitserver, but PC mods aren't a way of proving anything, editors can do some amazing things with PC games in general, you're not limited by the game engine but what your PC can handle.

Again, not sure why PES 2013 can't have 3rd kits, just passing on the answer I got from Jon. I don't claim to be an expert on the current PES engine, just let the usual keyboard heroes become experts for a while.

They need to bring back the ability to pick whatever combination of shirt, shorts and socks you want and have every option the real club have (3rd, 4th kits).

It's good to have thirds kit like it was yeeeaaaars ago. But seriously whenever i play pes, i only need two teams whose kits colour are easy to be differentiated. It could just be me.. or ea has exclusive licenses for all the third kits :BOP:

I honestly don't know if it's an engine limitation or lack of resources, but for whatever reason they can't do it with the current engine.

Curd you have to know that KONAMI don't put a lot of things into PES like 3rd kits because they don't want. It's doesn't mean the reason is limited engine. They don't want. Simple.

It's good to have thirds kit like it was yeeeaaaars ago. But seriously whenever i play pes, i only need two teams whose kits colour are easy to be differentiated. It could just be me.. or ea has exclusive licenses for all the third kits :BOP:

It's got nothing to do with EA.

There's no valid explanation as to why 3rd kits aren't in the game. Hasn't Seabass/Konami already stated that they'll be back for 2014?

In any case prior to being a limitation of the engine, it's clearly a sign of the limitation of the programmers and game designers. Not being able to add a 3rd kit is amateurish at best.

People put blame on the technology behind PES, when it's probably the people behind PES the main problem. Both in terms of company management and programming.

It's very hard and very expensive to find good programmers for next gen. Considering you need a lot of them and that PES production has been stretched into many frontlines, you need a lot of money.

If you don't have the money, you can either focus on delivering a good product to earn a lot from it or simply produce lots of products and earn a bit of each. PES tried to do both at the same time at the start of this generation and failed to invest enough. They thought it would be simply milking the cow as they had done for years.

So the real importance of the new engine talk is WHO will be behind it and how much money is Konami willing to spend on them. They could be using Unreal Engine 27 for all I know and deliver a terrible and limited experience anyway.

Besides that, having the PR Team say that 3rd kit is an engine problem is again showing how bad Konami is at marketing.

And even considering all this, I'm more interested in PES 2013 than Fifa 13 right now, so they must be doing something well at least! If only they knew how to capitalize on that...

They need to bring back the ability to pick whatever combination of shirt, shorts and socks you want and have every option the real club have (3rd, 4th kits).

Companies like Nike and Adidas don't like that kind of features because they want you to see the kits combined as they are supposed to. Brands are overly jealous of their image.

So, programmers have the dilemma: we put the option for non-licensed kits only? Or simply we take out the feature? If I were the producer of the game and had limited budget, I would simply focus on other things.

PS: But I loved the feature, too.

Companies like Nike and Adidas don't like that kind of features because they want you to see the kits combined as they are supposed to. Brands are overly jealous of their image.

So, programmers have the dilemma: we put the option for non-licensed kits only? Or simply we take out the feature? If I were the producer of the game and had limited budget, I would simply focus on other things.

PS: But I loved the feature, too.

What about the kit combinations that are available IRL, eg Milan's home combinations featuring the black/white shorts and socks options? There was nothing nicer than taking Milan out on the old games wearing the white shorts and socks.

I have a vague memory from back in the glory days of PES, probably about 7 or 8 years ago, when I think Seabass said something along the lines of the ML league structures being so limited because of technical challenges with their game engine, and that adding additional depth to the league structures was some kind of tough task....some bullshit along those lines.

And even considering all this, I'm more interested in PES 2013 than Fifa 13 right now, so they must be doing something well at least! If only they knew how to capitalize on that...

Same here....but I think, rather than PES really doing anything really well, it's probably more because FIFA has been going nowhere in the last 2 or 3 years and it's increasingly apparent that this team of people are adding very little depth to its gameplay and probably under-exploiting what their engine is capable of.

They add it through kitserver, but PC mods aren't a way of proving anything, editors can do some amazing things with PC games in general, you're not limited by the game engine but what your PC can handle.

Again, not sure why PES 2013 can't have 3rd kits, just passing on the answer I got from Jon. I don't claim to be an expert on the current PES engine, just let the usual keyboard heroes become experts for a while.

if modders can put 3rd kits in the game it proves the engine can handle it and konami just dont want to do it

Interesting snippet from Jon Murphy regarding the change from Seabass to Masuda as lead-developer of PES:

Jon Murphy: You have to think these things play a part in the decisions we've made. It's not just things like that. Seabass himself had got to a point where he was perhaps getting a bit frustrated as to how he would take the franchise on. He was right there at the start of development of PES. He was the creator of PES so to speak. His vision of football games hadn't developed as fast as the machines that could run football games. He had a more traditional view of video games rather than a modern view of video games, which is to do with the sandboxing of games and the rewards that can be offered by that.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...behind-licenses-and-explains-seabass-new-role

Not really. There is truth always hidden somewhere.

I also remember polish press to be speaking with Seabass when there were still PES tournaments going on, he definitely knew what to do, but didn't know HOW to do it.

Maybe, just maybe, what Eurogamer wrote is true in some extent ;).

Engine limitation is the stupidest and simplest excuse ever. They simply never planned for it and never wanted it.

Seabass is a legend. That guy gave me so many great memories with my mates, playing 3 a side ML, into the wee hours on the night. He is like an aging footballer, let him bow out gracefully. Can't wait for the demo

Knowing how these things work (on a more basic level ofc), their "engine limitations" may also be down to the code structure be a complete mess for "patching" it so much.

Although the 3rd kits seems more like they just don't want to put that kind of effort when they're ditching this engine next year. They'll just have it there from day one with FOX Engine, which is obviously easier to do.

pes 2012 for me is the best pes ever.
but konami, why the terrible and unrealistic turfs for pes 2013 too?
why in night mode for example i play on allianz and dragao and someone stadium the feeling is the same, the same turf, etc,,,please put a realistics turfs, differents for each stadium,

Seabass is a legend. That guy gave me so many great memories with my mates, playing 3 a side ML, into the wee hours on the night. He is like an aging footballer, let him bow out gracefully. Can't wait for the demo

+ 1 if it wasn't for Seabass there wouldn't be PES I enjoyed his philosophy and hope the team carried it on.

pes 2012 for me is the best pes ever.
but konami, why the terrible and unrealistic turfs for pes 2013 too?
why in night mode for example i play on allianz and dragao and someone stadium the feeling is the same, the same turf, etc,,,please put a realistics turfs, differents for each stadium,

I always thought this.
Konami programmers do not feel shame to see modders, do much better job than them? because simply copy and paste? same texture and flat ugly?

KONAMI

pes-2012-1.jpg

MOD

LAAEg.jpg

Camp+Nou+Full+Turf+Pack+pes+2011+by+Leonidas%25E2%2580%259918.jpg

HAVE 1 YEAR OF WORK, AND DO NOT OPEN THE EYE "KONAMI",:RANT:

GRAPHIC ENGINE HAS ALL THE BLAME.
GUILT IS SOME PROGRAMMERS FOR BEING MEDIOCRE, AND NOT SPEND MONEY ON A CHART MOST RELIABLE ENGINE.
YEAR 2012 AND WE STILL DELIVER outdated graphics.

a CLEARER EXAMPLE, AS IT MAY LOOK INCREDIBLY PES 2010 BETTER THAN LAST 2 YEARS?

2010 effect of light, shade and everything else is much better..
PES2010screen.jpg

PES_2010_Camera_Tuner_by_Mario79_2.jpg

evolution or involution?
excuse that they have?

Last edited:

i think they only work around 200 hours on a new pes and not more ok, there are a few more hours to make new kits, players during summer, but THATS all, they dont give a shit as long they can sell a new game with Ronaldo and all the bunch of bullshits like proactive ai, fullcontrol that u will never sense exactly during play all u will see that its a scripted shit the cpu decided who is the winner between u and ur friend before the kickoff....joke...joke that we need modders to have a normal footy game because...there isnt any out there now

i think they only work around 200 hours on a new pes and not more ok, there are a few more hours to make new kits, players during summer, but THATS all, they dont give a shit as long they can sell a new game with Ronaldo and all the bunch of bullshits like proactive ai, fullcontrol that u will never sense exactly during play all u will see that its a scripted shit the cpu decided who is the winner between u and ur friend before the kickoff....joke...joke that we need modders to have a normal footy game because...there isnt any out there now

agree

thanks, I remembered something.
my worst fear, players ID, skill and excellent handling.
regular players, a real waste.

hope I'm wrong and there is no much difference

Last edited:

+ 1 if it wasn't for Seabass there wouldn't be PES I enjoyed his philosophy and hope the team carried it on.

For me, this man has always been something like .. God: D Unlimited admire him and I think we should all be very thankful.
But the most grateful must be EA . Yeah if it was no Seabass, FIFA would now be crap that was in the early 21th century, where no copy key elements of gameplay and will not reach this quality which is currently and quality which I can not accept, but many people like him.

Last edited:

lol....but look the difference between 2010 and 2012 2013 turfs.
involution for sure!!
amazing, they are blind?

weall need a different experience play on dragao, camp nou, maracana, etc...turfs, lights....we need it and we deserve it!!

I always thought this.
Konami programmers do not feel shame to see modders, do much better job than them? because simply copy and paste? same texture and flat ugly?

KONAMI

pes-2012-1.jpg

MOD

LAAEg.jpg

Camp+Nou+Full+Turf+Pack+pes+2011+by+Leonidas%25E2%2580%259918.jpg

HAVE 1 YEAR OF WORK, AND DO NOT OPEN THE EYE "KONAMI",:RANT:

GRAPHIC ENGINE HAS ALL THE BLAME.
GUILT IS SOME PROGRAMMERS FOR BEING MEDIOCRE, AND NOT SPEND MONEY ON A CHART MOST RELIABLE ENGINE.
YEAR 2012 AND WE STILL DELIVER outdated graphics.

a CLEARER EXAMPLE, AS IT MAY LOOK INCREDIBLY PES 2010 BETTER THAN LAST 2 YEARS?

2010 effect of light, shade and everything else is much better..
PES2010screen.jpg

PES_2010_Camera_Tuner_by_Mario79_2.jpg

evolution or involution?
excuse that they have?

Wow! I have got to get a new computer.

For me , turf is not big deal.. Yes i want game to be most close to Real Live but... i want gameplay to be there.. not Turf .

Back
Top Bottom