PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

My biggest problem with pes is not physics, its player awareness. The lack of anticipation and awareness from ai in offence and defence. When build up play breaks down, your stupid teammates never drop back to help support.
The midfield often evaporates and nothing compares to the cm and dm position of pes 2008 (why we got a lot of rocket shots and ability to clean up second balls).
Players making forward runs at ridiculous angles away from goal, runners not trying to loose defenders making their runs futile. The ability to select the players you want in the box for set plays ( I cant force sagna out of the box during corners and he is useless for corners). CPU always volleying cleared corner kicks. Bicycle kicks form 20 yards out. CPU all attacking the same way thanks to stupid 1 minded team sliders. The arrows were much better as you could have different set ups for each zone on the field. It should have been a combination not a replacement. Worse part is that it is not even that visible.
In defense its the SB willingness to leave their position and move central
and the 2nd player press than often pulls inappropriate players. DM and SM should support SB not the CB. 2nd Def should use a more attacking player to help you out.
Player selection is also very illogical.

Last edited:

I have to admit that for me the ball physics in FIFA are one of it's biggest weaknesses, along with AI & graphics. Especially the way it bounces is simply WEIRD.

+1 agree. :))
personally I think the problem is this:

good ball physics, with strange animations players.
result, errors in motion transition, gameplay thrown trash

EDIT: AGREE AVOK23

Player selection is also very illogical.
IS A SHIT!

Last edited:

Get back on topic around here , PES2013, not FIFA, OK .

Im still loving pes 012 even with its flaws, more than fifa which ive played to death too, and love the latest video. The keepers look alot better animation wise and the game, if it clears up many issues of pes 012, will be great!

Perhaps it is too early for this kind of information, but I will ask in case someone knows. I haven't kept up as much, and was going to read Lami's news only thread, but he was busy and not able to update it regularly.

Will there be third kits or secondary GK kits in the game this year?

Perhaps it is too early for this kind of information, but I will ask in case someone knows. I haven't kept up as much, and was going to read Lami's news only thread, but he was busy and not able to update it regularly.

Will there be third kits or secondary GK kits in the game this year?

Only next year. Current engine doesn't allow it.

They could have at least come up with a better PR explanation than the engine not being able to support the third kit.One it makes them look like idiots and two they basically admit that their engine is just very poor.Very bad from a PR point of view

Konami removed that and the Celery! Celery! Banner due to the engine. It was the banner or a new goalkeeper animation and a 23 hour boardroom emergency meeting ensued. Seabass was totally aginst the new goaly animations which Kei was puntig for at the expense of the banners.

Needless to say Kei got the majority vote and Seabass performed a harakiri but they covered up the true details as they figured it might be bad PR.

True story.

Come on, when have Konami gone "here's details for pes 2013, oh and here's what's going to be in 2014 too!"

People should really not trust that so-called pes 2014 "news"

Konami staff have been openly talking about what to expect from next year. We have collated the info in this thread, to keep you all up to date with the future.

- Next year PES will be built on a new engine. It will be using the Fox Engine
- The engine will be built for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, and be one that is scalable for future consoles
- Next year PES will include 3rd kits
- Next year PES will have an editable camera
- Next year PES will have snow
- Next year PES will have the ability to edit every part of the kit i.e. logos on shorts, socks etc

For them to include it in the first iteration of the new engine and missing it for the past few years, my guess is limitations.

Also, Jon Murphy or Seabass mentioned something about this last year, when they got interviewed at Gamescom, I think.

@ shikashi dunno if you can then say that its due to engine limitations. Then again why the hell the ref wears yellow when you playing with Villareal is another konami brain fart.

Come on, when have Konami gone "here's details for pes 2013, oh and here's what's going to be in 2014 too!"

People should really not trust that so-called pes 2014 "news"

The day Pes12 was released Konami released a statement saying how good Pes13 was going to be be.

@ shikashi dunno if you can then say that its due to engine limitations. Then again why the hell the ref wears yellow when you playing with Villareal is another konami brain fart.

I'm sure Curd could verify if this is true or not.

I remember a quote where they said it would 'require a lot crucial changes in code'.

My guess is they put everything of that regard back and put all efforts into the programming for the new engine!

More proof that they were using one hell of a badly programmed engine. The game worked much better on PC in windowed mode than in full screen. No user graphics setting either. The Rendering was outdated and almost like they used high polygons and high rez textures instead of proper shaders. I am not surprised.

I remember i once looked at the code for the mobile version of pes and all the code was done in switch statements. Some states had nested states and each state was about 32 cases.

Code:
//for non coders
switch(variable)
{
case 0:
//code
{
    switch(variable0)
    {
    }
}
:
:
:
case n:
}
Meticulous scripting with 0 design but the game had that pes soul which i could not understand how they were still writing the same kind of code from snes days. The bad code writing might have even contributed to the feel of the game cause it would have slowed down the cpu sometimes. This was in 2007-08 aka the last time there was a good pes game with that sense of familiarity.
On the konami website Seabass gave an interview proving this that all pes series share the same code frame work (aka "mind-brain"/"soul") and when pes 2009 came out crappy he stated that it was because they have been coding the same way for almost 20 years.
I think they upped the design since then but did it badly so not only did the bad animations punish them more so did the game play. (If you think i am lying go back and play pes 08 and ignore that the game is super fast. It is leaps ahead of the last 4 games in gameplay).

Last edited:

So how does the code of the mobile version relate to next-gen version we're talking about here?

Also weird to state PES 2008 was 'leaps ahead' in GAMEPLAY. Must be a strange way to valuate gameplay.

About the 3rd kits, i really think that's bull****, reminds me when Ian Cummings said that they couldnt make the ball with the real size because of the engine that Madden used, 1/2years after they did the ball with the right size. Difernte companies, but you understand the compassion.

Im not a expert, but i really dont belive that these type of limitations is because of the engine or current gen, or whatever.

I honestly don't know if it's an engine limitation or lack of resources, but for whatever reason they can't do it with the current engine.

About the 3rd kits, i really think that's bull****, reminds me when Ian Cummings said that they couldnt make the ball with the real size because of the engine that Madden used, 1/2years after they did the ball with the right size. Difernte companies, but you understand the compassion.

Im not a expert, but i really dont belive that these type of limitations is because of the engine or current gen, or whatever.

Agreed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom