PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

It's one of this year's supposed features, the fact that you have absolute control over player with the cursor almost immediately
Yes, I read something about it. In my opinion it would be a huge improvement, if not the main improvement in the past few years.
This lack of "natural" control over the player (without supercancel) spoils the experience a little bit (more than animations I think).
I didn't play PES 2012 too much, I've been mostly playing FIFA fifa this year... but in the few tries I had on PES, the rails were the most noticeable "down side" (sorry, I didn't found any other word) of the game in a first glance.
Let's hope it changes this year... :WORSHIP:

If I was in Konami's or EA's shoes, I wouldn't give a F about how Americans call this sport. Almost universally it is Football, Futbol, Futebol, etc. Why would they need to change the name just because of them?.

Football Evolution. And if Americans don't buy it because they think it's a game about THEIR "football", well... that's just too bad for them. Plus, they barely touch or kick the ball with the "foot" in THEIR sport, so why would they name it "football" in the first place... lol

ok im wrong its not called soccer over there

whats the diffrence football is soccer and soccer is football

im not saying the name shouldnt be changed what i am saying is no 1 is confused about what they are buying when they pick up pes

why not just call it Pro Evolution Football

Last edited:

It's funny because the newest game mode on Pro Evolution Soccer is called Football Life. :P

Hah true.

We also have to remember the Japanese call it Soccer as well. Probably has a hand in the naming.

Not a bad idea to change the PES name.
PES is ПЕС of Bulgarian, which means dog ... FIFA fans are make a lot jokes with the name before, when PES was better , was on the top and had fights community, forums, now almost nobody is interested by PES or how they was saying :
Bad Dog
To kick the dog
You play with a dog
Your dog smells
Dirty dog ..
etc.

Last edited:

So if may actually talk about PES 2013 for a while...

I'm excited by the line-up of Brazilian teams in the demo. I enjoy playing with lesser known teams and as usual there should be a nice mix of one or two stars who you can use to control a match, a couple of unknown gems (shout out to Danny Montenegro from last year's demo) and then you need to make the best of what is left. This year we'll get to play with Santos, Internacional, Fluminense and Flamengo. Just a few things to look forward to for each team:

Santos: Neymar with his skills of course and he is one of the players with unique player ID, so we'll see how that works. Ganso's passing and Elano's freekicks

SC Inter: D'Alessandro is still there should be able to control a game as always. Inter also have two of the emerging stars of Brazilian football in Leandro Damiao and Oscar, who should be a pleasure to control.

Fluminense: Deco at 34 should still have the skills to be a great playmaker. Fred has the skills to finish anything created by Deco.

Flamengo: May still have Ronaldinho, as Konami are often a little late on squad updates. Also Vagner Love should be decent, does he still have crazy hair?

Maybe some south american members can fill us in on some more players to look out for.

I really hope someone can get the night lighting and coloring modded. I pretty much avoid playing night matches because it looks so much nicer in daylight.

I love how the new fluidity of movement seems to allow you to create space that you just couldn't before.

I really hope someone can get the night lighting and coloring modded. I pretty much avoid playing night matches because it looks so much nicer in daylight.

I love how the new fluidity of movement seems to allow you to create space that you just couldn't before.

I will work on that for pes13

Yair you do some amazing stuff. I was hoping to collaborate with you to change the pes graphics shaders. I remember i once stumbled on them in pes 2009 ( I think there were written in HLSL) but i hated the game and did not care. I am hoping to soften the super hard light that makes them look like stone and ad some gamma correct to the look of the game. The game seems to have a wierd tinge/glow and doesn't even seem to mirror life.

mate It will be amazing to work on that together, you can add me on facebook my ID- yair zarfati or Through PM here

Huge part of f.cked up lighting at night is not because of shaders but 'lighting maps' embedded into turfs. Try hany3 turfs, they are like a cure for night games, you will simply start enjoying games at night. Of course having 'nicer' shaders would be also welcome.

Huge part of f.cked up lighting at night is not because of shaders but 'lighting maps' embedded into turfs. Try hany3 turfs, they are like a cure for night games, you will simply start enjoying games at night. Of course having 'nicer' shaders would be also welcome.

I didn't get deep enough into last year's game to download everything to alleviate the problem, just never had the time, but thanks for that tip. Sounds like between yair and others there'll be a solution to the problem. Looking forward to enjoying some Champions League nights for a change.

I'm not fond of changing the name at all, but if the term soccer is causing so much irritation then why not call it "Pro Evolution Football"?

That way the recognition stays nearly the same, it's still Pro Evolution, ProEvo...

Whatever they call it, I hope it's not FOXY FOOTBALL 2014!
Meanwhile, back in the proper thread...

What about Aussie Rules Football? Large men wearing short shorts and vests smashing each other up.

Hah. Now that's footy ;)

And they're not large too, well compared to Rugby League that is ;)

On another note, I keep switching between different PESs, and keep going back to 2012. I got so used to it I can't play any older versions any more.

I guess if I want to use any of the patches you guys are talking about I will have to buy the version sold for the UK market right?

I guess if I want to use any of the patches you guys are talking about I will have to buy the version sold for the UK market right?

Good question, I'd like to know as well. Always purchased mine in the UK, hope I'm not left waiting on a delivery.

Actually, you don't need to buy the UK version, as far as I know.
It doesn't make a difference which version you have (I mean as long as it's PES and not WE), if some patches are in English only, you'll just need to download the English language-files for the game (it's a ~5 MB download I reckon). You should have no problem using all of the available versions (from Portuguese & Brazilian to Arab & Russian). :)

Actually, you don't need to buy the UK version, as far as I know.
It doesn't make a difference which version you have (I mean as long as it's PES and not WE), if some patches are in English only, you'll just need to download the English language-files for the game (it's a ~5 MB download I reckon). You should have no problem using all of the available versions (from Portuguese & Brazilian to Arab & Russian). :)

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom