PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

i agree with you
people who really played pes 2012 can see a noticeable improvement in that video
another example of this is at 1:03, Joao Pereira to Nani. Nani adjustes his position to better receive the ball. If that is not done by pressing supercancel then it's a great improvement over pes 2012

Yeah, that's the one I meant. Pereira to Nani.

I'm monstly impressed with the 2 crosses they are showing, as they seem to be (almost) fully manual, instead in PES 2012, where you can barely do manual crosses (as soon as you are near goal).

I also like that the ball seems a bit more free while dribbling and that the pass-animations seem more natural looking.

So it really looks like a refined and freed up PES 2012, which is nice. Ok the animation-transitions and graphics are a problem, but these can't be changed within the same engine.

I think if cheating is getting rid of and the AI all-around upped I can see myself enjoying this game massively.

The demo can't come soon enough.

You bloody bairns banging on about animations! It's ONLY playability that matters, animation are a cherry on the cake, but if the cake is made of crap (like the last few pro evos) then the cherry is irrelevant.

God knows what you'd have done for gaming in the 80s and 90s - some great games but animations were absolutely cack!

EA are evil, everyone knows this. FIFA is great for people who want to score loads of goals and pretend it's all real, and I'm sure there's forums for people who prefer that.

Really looking forward to the demo. Manual shooting and passing IS the answer and the future.

Just hope the player select thing is sorted though...

Come on the DEMO!

Honestly i think the animations are good, yeah not in the same league as FIFA, but thats a bigger studio with better tech and resources. Seriously the animations could be and have been far worse in the series.

Honestly i think the animations are good, yeah not in the same league as FIFA, but thats a bigger studio with better tech and resources. Seriously the animations could be and have been far worse in the series.

I actually think most of them are very good, and not sure if anyone noticed, but some of the "running with ball" animations are clearly adaptations of the PS2 animations, meaning they are trying to do the best with what they have.

Just wish the same could be said about keepers.

If they used a guy to do the keeper's motion then I'd like to see play in real life hahaha.He'd crack me up no end

about the video I posted.
I prefer total control of the ball, which was the key that has won many years ago, and now that's all "automatic", here we all have a say.
I hope I'm wrong and that this is a great game (pes 2013), try to be as positive as possible, but also must be realistic, Konami has not given me any guarantee in recent years, Think friends. :)

respect to graphic engine
I do not share as many here, the graphics engine has never been the error, the problem is they have not been able to use.

if the animations are mediocre is not the fault of the engine, the blame belongs to those who created them.

Last edited:

To all of you that critisize me. I was a fanboy of pes since i can remember myself. After pes6 konami destroyed pes and at the same time fifa made great progress. I dont play the arcadey fifa. I play full manual game 3-4 years now, a very difficult and real football style game. I wish pes to be perfect and play but its not. PES hasnt real movements, and ball physics. These things are the most importand in a football game. When pes is serious i will play it. Pes2013 is a port of pes2012. So even fifa12 feels better....

Last edited:

To all of you that critisize me. I was a fanboy of pes since i can remember myself. After pes6 konami destroyed pes and at the same time fifa made great progress. I dont play the arcadey fifa. I play full manual game 3-4 years now, a very difficult and real football style game. I wish pes to be perfect and play but its not. PES hasnt real movements, and ball physics. These things are the most importand in a football game. When pes is serious i will play it. Pes2013 is a port of pes2012. So even fifa12 feels better....

i see you already played it :))
just because pes 2013 has the same graphics and animations doesn't mean it is a pes 2012.5
you should try the demo before making these assumptions

Yea, PES has been a bit shit the last 4+ years but hopefully PES 2013 will turn that around. Demo should enlighten us.

FIFA 12 is a bloody joke. Even animations quality degraded if you compare it with FIFA 10 on consoles! The animations are less fluid imo and became "robotic." No more organic feeling to them.

That's the thing I cannot understand. FIFA 12 is bloody mess in every area. The only thing which saved it from being massive failure is online.

Even on full manual it's easy game when you get into vibe and know what you're doing. Plus add skills to the mix which are far too easy to pull off and yup, FIFA Street but with 11 players is made ;).

Don't get me wrong, the only FIFA I enjoyed so far was FIFA 10 and World Cup 2010 on consoles, FIFA 11 on PC (due to it being polished version of 10 from consoles).

If FIFA 13 is continuation from 12 I stay away from that game. Simple.

Btw anyone remembers the days when PES was heralded as the game which has got better animations than FIFA (or on par with)? I do. Back in PS2 days.

Also when I play older titles I know how much of KONAMI stuff FIFA stole. Invented them? ROFL. Get real. Flicks, flick volleys, walk-jog on analogue stick, shielding, possession/attack/perfect defense, player awareness, nets! Ball physics, etc.

All that stuff was in OLD PES games. Yes, 360 dribbling and player collision system are nice added stuff, but I don't miss that (for uber geeks, PES6 is the game with full Dualshock 2 functionality support which means full analogue movement works and buttons work as such. In 2006... That's quite an achievement. That also does mean that the game offered not 8 directions of movement, but 32 (yep read about d-pad construction on Sony website, that's quite clever invention and patented ;)):o).

If PES 2013 relieves the fun, brings back some of old stuff, mixes it up with full HD graphics, chants, better animation linking, better physics/positional play, clever refs... Than FIFA has a fierce rival this year. Even without super duper high end graphics/animations... What KONAMI said before, what happens on pitch matters (and yup I do play PES6 regularly from the day of release till now, still finding stuff that makes me jump out of chair :D). :)

Now back on topic. No more FIFA talk here :P.

a365400ed0fe11e183fe22000a1c8927_7.jpg

I doubt that Konami spends much on its long running baseball series Pro Yakyu Spirits but the animations are miles ahead of Sony's entry for the PS3 The Show.

Back
Top Bottom