PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

This place is getting so damn depressing...

I for one enjoyed that video, much better than the first one, the game seems to flow really well, though we have to take the AI reactions with a pinch of salt because like always they're most likely in the lowest difficulty.

To the ones STILL saying it looks like PES 2012, YES, IT DOES, we have known that for a few months now, what the hell are you expecting to see in a video, if it's a known fact it's visually almost unchanged!??

If it's the gameplay you're judging, you can't. The same way you couldn't tell any real differences back in the PS2 days just by looking at it.

Another disappointing video. Based on it and the others I can't see this playing a whole lot different to PES 2011 or 2012, which would be a crime in my opinion. Just release the demo Konami and stop with these poorly produced videos. They call me redneck:ROLL:

We've known that already for months now so really I'm not sure why we're bringing this up now. We knew it was going to be a fixed version. We all knew look-wise we'll have to wait for 2014, and for 2013 we'll settle for gameplay fixes + whatever "extras".

So what's different now? Or do we have to play the same broken record every time?

Proves my point. That's what we were told and that's what we were ok with. Fixing the gameplay. If you're expecting more, then wait for 2014.

The answer is in my signature :BOP:;)

the game clearley has improved, the animations are smoother, its seems more a slow pace, the manual passing seems to open up the possibilities for attack. I am concerned about defensive AI, havent seen much of that yet

tell me just what are u looking for would it be better if they were at the half way line so u could have a free shot on goal

that what happins when a team attacks the other retreat to defend basic stuff lad

8players within 30m from goal on all attacks?
not my type
this isnt world war 2
bunkers-r667.jpg

[/B]

The answer is in my signature :BOP:;)

But we can't even be sure 2014 will be a masterpiece. Fox Engine can be the best engine around but it's up to the WEPES team to do well with it.

oh and here is the thing, yes it sucks not everyone has a pc, but not everyone has a porsche either... oh well. 2012 looks fucking incredible on PC. I have no complaints about how the game looks...

What a crap second video, I can make video like that with PES 2012.. BLAAH..lazy KONAMI... show us ML and BAL features!

They did...in video 1. Those weight-lifting and stopwatch buying updates is all that's new i guess... :II Can't they at least add regens like in FM...how hard is it...ML, BAL and Edit Mode were what they should fix and upgrade the past 2 years in pes 2012 and 2013, instead of "changing" gameplay every year and "improving" it to the max, adding some useless things not many use, now these arrows...

Gameplay is good enough for me based on 2nd video and everything else (2nd video was done quite good by the way), reminds me of PES 2011 which was good. Now Konami, please upgrade the rest. ML, Edit Mode, BAL, MLO, etc.

8players within 30m from goal on all attacks?
not my type
this isnt world war 2
bunkers-r667.jpg

your just making stuff up lad there not all in defence or in the box there defending the area outside and around marking men and space

your still very hurt from pes 12 and i can understand but i dont look at this like its 12

this video was not about defending it was to show the flow and how the manual crontrols work flawless video i must say

But we can't even be sure 2014 will be a masterpiece. Fox Engine can be the best engine around but it's up to the WEPES team to do well with it.

Of course but FOX ENGINE will not limited their work to make BIG changes in the game like current engine. Probably this engine is very limited and they can't have room to improvements.

I like this video very much. I was prepared to be disappointed but I'm pleasantly surprised.

And honestly, anyone saying this looks like 2012, seriously? We knew that for months now. How long we're going to keep saying that for? You know what though? It doesn't really look like 2012. Look closer and you can see the subtle differences. Running with the ball looks a lot better. Crossing and it's animation looks different. Etc.

Roll. On. Demo.

To be honest, Lami, I can't see much difference to PES2012 from those videos. Very little at all actually.

PES2013 is a game that has to be played and felt as the changes are obviously not so much on a visual level. I'm not shocked or disappointed because we all knew this was the case, but I totally understand why people look at these videos and cannot differentiate from PES2012.

I blame Konami for not selling the changes to us in a clear and concise manner.

As you said, roll on the demo as that will put a lot of minds at rest (hopefully). However if the game does feel too much like 2012 I might even pass on 2013 and wait for next year's game, or at least wait for the inevitable heavy price drop a few weeks after release.

At this point we should just wait for the demo and see what's what afterwards.
I didn't mind the video, some of the animations look alright and the shooting and passing don't look broken anymore.
Shooting especially seems to be much better, shots have much more power and "oomph" now. Reminds me of older games. PES has been floaty as hell the past few years.

That being said, I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking, just a playable, more polished and fun version of 2012. Which is what everyone else should too. If they can mitigate how awful the transitions have been since 2008, fix the systems and add a few decent licenses and fun gameplay, I'm alright with 2013.

2014 should be very impressive, at least technically. I'm sure they're going to try to blow us away as much as possible and show us in-game footage as early as they are able to.
I'm also sure that Player ID is going to play a much larger role. Hopefully we get some new stuff like proper fatigue, realistic ball physics, dynamic weather conditions and so forth.
These will only make sense if the core isn't broken though.

Last edited:

Actually dwyer is quite correct nesa. Obviously from the videos, you can see it tried to emulate the euro 2012 goals. There are of course two goals which are pretty inaccurate in terms of attackers position and the defenders position. Now try to compare, Konami did a pretty good job in this video, im impressed -- bar the music.

1st Goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gde0oJ2Mfz4

2nd Goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZJ96mJlXMw

3rd Goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAtAccsOCxo
5th Goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33qjGRPLVKY
6th Goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfVk8pkiH8
7th Goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMXCgd0k7Qk

8th Goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE0fWkZ3 ... re=related

9th Goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phF3UNXmS3E
10th Goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L3gRNbv8rQ
11th Goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDQWvj15-iM

EDIT: how do we only show links, instead of videos?

Last edited:

the fullback playing everyone onside bug still seems to be there,think il pass this year and stick with updated pes6 pc,not enough there to part with my 50euro

as for that ronnie header?

they had it right in 2006:BOP:

Except for the music, I thought it was good.

You can see subtle things that have bothered me before changed. From animations of players when they receive through balls wide, to the first time shot fake.

Again, except for the music, this was good.

the fullback playing everyone onside bug still seems to be there,think il pass this year and stick with updated pes6 pc,not enough there to part with my 50euro

as for that ronnie header?

they had it right in 2006:BOP:

not true how many times have we seen the side back at fault for keeping teams on side in real life

your just being sad now saying there is bugs when the hole piint in this game is that it has none you cant please them all

Last edited:

For me it's the best video i saw the last 4 years!!!

Good passing animations, good shooting animations...Good players movements...

The only negative in video is Pirlo's penalty!!!

I think is PES 2012 with better animations...and it's PES with the basic animations...It hasn't a lot of animations like FIFA but it has the basic and good animations...

Last edited:

To be honest, Lami, I can't see much difference to PES2012 from those videos. Very little at all actually.

PES2013 is a game that has to be played and felt as the changes are obviously not so much on a visual level. I'm not shocked or disappointed because we all knew this was the case, but I totally understand why people look at these videos and cannot differentiate from PES2012.

I blame Konami for not selling the changes to us in a clear and concise manner.

As you said, roll on the demo as that will put a lot of minds at rest (hopefully). However if the game does feel too much like 2012 I might even pass on 2013 and wait for next year's game, or at least wait for the inevitable heavy price drop a few weeks after release.

This is really my point though. We all knew already it mostly looks like 2012. So we shouldn't be surprised regarding that. But, if you were playing 2012 a hell of a lot, you'd actually see the subtle differences, which are actually an improvement over 2012 and very pleasing.

Hopefully when the demo hits next week we'll get to test and feel the differences :)

This is really my point though. We all knew already it mostly looks like 2012. So we shouldn't be surprised regarding that. But, if you were playing 2012 a hell of a lot, you'd actually see the subtle differences, which are actually an improvement over 2012 and very pleasing.

Hopefully when the demo hits next week we'll get to test and feel the differences :)

And what if there is hardly any difference when we play the demo?

Konami have showed terrible videos so far that does not indicate many if any improvements.

And what if there is hardly any difference when we play the demo?

Konami have showed terrible videos so far that does not indicate many if any improvements.

Not your cup of tea, don't buy it. Real simple logic there jonney.

Not your cup of tea, don't buy it. Real simple logic there jonney.

Spot on. People too angry for no logical reason, if come the demo you don't like it, don't buy it!

Btw, Adam just confirmed the arrows can be turned on and off.

Lol the best video in 4 years!!!! Hahahaha!!!!

Tragic running on rales, stupid turning animation, balloon ball again! Nothing is changed from Konami! Wake up there and put sone real running,turning and ball movement!!!! 6-7 years have past and you accomplished nothing konami!!!!!

Sorry but i wont put my money on this tragedy...

Fifa13 for me...

Doesn't it make sense to you all though?. To Konami the game is not broken. Why fix something that isn't broken?. They feel that they got the basics right: Graphics (this includes faces, kits, stadiums, grass), atmosphere, game modes, and of course: Gameplay.

So they take baby steps year after year. This time they've fixed game pace, shooting, passings, and added a few new animations.

I'm not saying that I myself think like that. I'm just trying to walk up in Konami's shoes. At least they are loyal to their philosophy and consistent to their policies. If you take a look to the foundations and basics from PES 2008 to PES 2013 you'll probably notice these little changes and little fixes, but the rest is all the same.

It's the same scenario with EA's FIFA though. From FIFA 09 (I'm talking Next-Gen versions) up to FIFA 13.

I like it too. Ball physics seem more natural, there's a notable improvement in passing and crossing animations, and most importantly, it shows that you can score from many different situations and from a play that the opposite team don't expect as you can see in the second goal, just like in real football. In general, the game flows better, looks a bit more organic, but only with a pad in our hands that we will notice how it plays. I am sure it is a good improvement over the last verson.

I like how attacking players can anticipate for headers as well. I just hope this is balanced. The only thing I didn't see there was the slower pace that all playtesters have been talking about. Only the demo will answer this.

Last edited:

Tragic running on rales, stupid turning animation, balloon ball again! Nothing is changed from Konami! Wake up there and put sone real running,turning and ball movement!!!! 6-7 years have past and you accomplished nothing konami!!!!!

Fifa13 for me...

what utter rubbish did u even watch the video

yea u go get fifa 12 tarted up because that whats its gona be hope u enjoy your fifa street tricks

Fifa13 for me...

How many times you will say to buy FIFA? Go buy and play. What is a problem? All the time you write the same shit. It's boring.

@polakis no matter how bad PES is, always will be much closer to football if we compare with FIFA ;)
The only advantage is that FIFA has and which won fans and members is Online modes ,mostly Clubs or UT.
If PES release good and rich online mode, fifa will be die , i'm sure !!!

Last edited:

As an ex player and with the introduction of manual controls (depending on how they are implemented) I think it looks good this year. Looks a lot smoother at least and the ball movement looks nicer. I'm still concerned over the goal keepers though I'm sure that silly movement is still in when they just look like they fall over and dont reach out..We shall see! Is the demo confirmed for next week or is that rumour?

Fuck I don't understand you people.

I am going to slit my wrists after reading Jamezinho's post. Bloody hell I feel like its pissing down raining and Katie fucking Melua is playing on an old beat up radio.

LOL just kidding. Peace and love. Chill guys PES will still be better than FIFA. *ducks for shit that's going to fly*

Back
Top Bottom