PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Hmm noobs and pros? You're right. So many times C. Ronaldo doing tricks gives him advantage in real life :rolleyes:.

I play the game with realism in mind. Doing trick now and then, but basing my whole gameplay on it, no. I will leave that one to FIFA, thank you v. much :D.

Close ball control/close dribbling now that's something way better than any skill player may pull off and it works in both franchises (though it defo takes time to master).

But hey, to each their own. Everyone plays the game in different manner and that's what makes the gaming experience so interesting! :)

Hmm noobs and pros? You're right. So many times C. Ronaldo doing tricks gives him advantage in real life :rolleyes:.

I play the game with realism in mind. Doing trick now and then, but basing my whole gameplay on it, no. I will leave that one to FIFA, thank you v. much :D.

Close ball control/close dribbling now that's something way better than any skill player may pull off and it works in both franchises (though it defo takes time to master).

But hey, to each their own. Everyone plays the game in different manner and that's what makes the gaming experience so interesting! :)
Yep, playing only with passes and runs is much easy for all ,in new PES games its really unbalance. You don't use tricks, becouse you dont know how and when , that why you don't need it.
You have success with your way of playing with passes and nobody can blame you for that. But if you want to be a high level player, you must learn to combine tricks, dribble, pass, shot in one.Thaw why Barsa team is great , because they do everything that.

How i say ,in real life, every player can do tricks , even Schesny
YouTube - SUPER GOL SZCZĘSNEGO !!
but are not many like Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar who knows when, how to be successful.

Even in yesterday's EURO 2012 matches we saw some good performances and tricks, this is football.

FIFA is a joke there almost every element lacks balance and should not be given as an example.

Last edited:

I also don't use any tricks but like that they're there.

And It's not even comparable to FIFA 'cause FIFA players have 0 momentum, you don't lose any speed when you do a trick and defenders will keep running on same direction... Tricks on PES rarely work to beat a player.

I don't use tricks a great deal other than the very basic ones. I was never keen on the link feints and trick mapping when it was introduced, and I still hate the idea now.

However, we are talking about a video game here, and tricks add a lot of fun to the experience. As long as tricks are contextual and difficult to execute, Konami can keep on adding as many as they want.

A drop of shoulder or body feints >>>>>>>> To any Cristiano Ronaldo step over flip flap whateverish trick.

Tricks were implemented perfectly in PES 6. Just simple taps of L1 and R2 to pull off step-overs, which you could then burst out off with a sharp change in direction. Roulettes with a swivel of the right analogue, then slight body feints with little wiggles of the left analogue.

I've not touched them since it turned into some Street Fighter 4 button combo sequence

Tricks were implemented perfectly in PES 6. Just simple taps of L1 and R2 to pull off step-overs, which you could then burst out off with a sharp change in direction. Roulettes with a swivel of the right analogue, then slight body feints with little wiggles of the left analogue.

I've not touched them since it turned into some Street Fighter 4 button combo sequence

:WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

EDIT: street fighter 4 is amazing fighting game :))

Konami should have a skills system based on hability level.
Something like:

01-70: shoulder feints only
71-80: all the above + body feints
81-85: all the above + step overs
85-90: all the above + roulettes
95-98: all the above + elastico + multiple stepovers

To treat all players individually according to their true skill possibilities.
It wouldn't be pinpoint accurate, but it's a much better approach.

you mean flair level?

or that 5 stars thing FIFA has which works actually. However, Cristiano ain't going to do that spin move that only Ribery and McGeady do.

It's just tricks anyway.

To improve PES for 2013 they should just simply remove FC Barcelona!
But I did have a thought based on PES6, not sure if a similar idea has been propped up yet.. If I remember correctly they had something called "Selection Matches" or similar to that where you could pick up to 4 teams and then the game puts a squad together for you from that team, well I think they should bring that back for online but the players have to pick 2 top teams and then 2 bottom teams to be mixed together, eg pick Man C an Man U and have to mix them with Wigan and QPR and stuff like that, it would give a challenge to some people and also take away the frustration of constantly coming up against Barca all the time.. Perhaps having Messi up front with Heskey!

What did people feel about PES ditching the way shoulder drops used to be done up to and including PES 2011? I really miss being able to use little flicks of the left stick as a natural part of my dribbling. I can understand why it wouldn't marry with 2012's response times - you need slower dribbling to make sure there is a gap between a wiggle for a shoulder drop and actual dribbling movements.

Last edited:

Huh they still there romagnoli mate. The quick feet move though was removed and seems is going to be added as a signature move for PES2013 which imo is not the case most players on any level can move the ball from their left to their right.

The shoulder drop used to be on the left stick, so you could be running in a straight line with the ball but still use very quick left stick movements to feign to move that way, without actually changing direction or touching the ball. I've not seen that at all in 2012 unless you use the right stick. Is it still there on the left stick?

I edited my post as I said 2012 not 2011.

Yep its on the right stick. I know when I try to do that ronaldo revers scissor type move where he chops the ball with his heel behind his standing foot some players that do not have the ability like Mounier at OGC nice and many few others just drop the shoulder some actively push the ball opposite to their body movement and wrong foot the defender. Lesser skilled players don't pull it off well though.

"Bit of a #PES2013 exclusive. 20 official Spanish league stadiums will be day one DLC. Wait, for free!"

sure...

Looking at screens of night games they did play with contrast/brightness and vibrance settings. Looks good at least, not like in the coffin ;).

As to left stick and doing tricks, I miss it. Players should be able to use contextual dribbling, not separate stick for body feints and such. Those should be natural to player. Leave the right stick for some complicated stuff (like those moves pulled off by Neymar irl or Ronaldinho/Ibrahimovic/C. Ronaldo).

Good on Konami for implementing on the full control stuff, lots of Iniesta dribbling
on show yesterday.

Good on Konami for implementing on the full control stuff, lots of Iniesta dribbling
on show yesterday.

:))
Exactly what i was thinking last night when I watched Iniesta's play abd dribbling, like watching the PES 2013 trailer.

The new control system seems unintiuve, overly complicated and unecessary.

Why would i need to press X twice for tackling? Manual shootin: L2+ shooting+ right stick for spin. Wouldn't it be easy just to map it on the right stick and depending on the movement you can pull off different shots? For low manual shots: L2+ triangle! Wtf? i never used the triangle for shooting in any sport game!

So for a manual shooting while running with curle: R1 + L + square at the game time and then right stick...Almost as bad as manual player run trigger...

If it's true what they say, defending will be much more automated and stat dependent, so it most probably will be just fine. A quick mash or double tap shouldn't be a hindrance.

I hope they change the manual shooting/passing thing to optional settings. L2 + triangle for low shots is bollocks lmao

They´ll make a mess of it. Keeping it simple is the way. They brought R2 shooting to the table and now is Fifa´s strong point. Stupid and irrealistic the way r2 has to be used nowadays in Pes, and what should be the R2 shooting animation is a trait called "middleshooting" that they gave only to a handfull of players...Don´t overdo it.Keep it simple, Konami.

I also thought the same thing with Iniesta's dribbling the other night. What a player! But Pirlo's burst of speed and through ball was sublime!

Hot off Twitter from Marvin Ronsdorf:
"@Marvin_Ronsdorf: Several questions about manuel shooting reached me. YES! It's possible to enable it with a setting without pressing L2 each time! #PES2013"

Having read some feedback off WENB, I must admit I'm starting to feel excited about this years release. The one thing that has struck me the last few weeks is that the game needs to be slowed the fk, right down. So with this in place like many are saying, the way that passing is now more pronounced as the more effective way of opening up defences, a freer passing system etc, I'd say it's shaping up to be quite decent.

Back
Top Bottom