PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Is it me peeps but does the ball dribbling motion still look stupid? It's as if the ball just stops a little after being hit in a forward motion.

If available to all players, deft touches will convert every player into Riquelme, and has the potential to wreck the game. And I hope we don't see Terry diving with his head every 2 games.

not one single info, graphics or video released so far has really impressed me.
hoping the demo does a better job.
it really seems to be going down hill for PES on next gen year after year.
just saying it as i see it.
maybe my expectations for the PS3 were to high but the animations and physics just make everything seem stupid and this why i can't appreciate nothing i pull off.
it doesn't look and feel real.
damn how can the animations on the ps2 still beat what we get on the ps3.
i just don't get that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZsVJiibqcgM

new animations in the background

goal at 4.18 a bit fifa street,1 touch volley passes

4.55 onwards,new ronaldo animations

5.24 new manual shooting

5.35 L1 lob is back, 5.57 another lob

manual shooting looks fantastic

Looked and sounded great, just wish I could understand the first guy he looked a lot more knowledgeable and I'd imagine his descriptions where far better than the other guys.

He is Kei Matsuda, the lead this time round ;). The second guy was translator I believe... That's why it sounded rough... ;)

C. Ronaldo animations looks quite good to say the least :O.

He is Kei Matsuda, the lead this time round ;). The second guy was translator I believe... That's why it sounded rough... ;)

C. Ronaldo animations looks quite good to say the least :O.

Ahha, I was watching him thinking "this guy knows what his talking about!" then the translator started speaking, he made what sounded like promising enthusiasm sound like a speech at a funeral!

Alarming tactical fails from the video:

This whole tactical stuff looks like a gimmick.
From the video, looks like AI has simply been relocated from 2012, they are simply occupying spaces in a slightly more accurate way, without any visible progress in the AI. Shame.

Last edited:

Pointless, it's the same thing every year, we know nothing about the level of difficulty, tactical settings or whatever on these vids.

Not a fail dude. It's probably Regular difficulty and as above poster said... You know nothing about tactics they used (and we know those take HUGE impact on PES unlike other sports title ;)).

Judging tactics thanks to a picture.I can hardly think of more pointless and stupid thing to do

The game is designed to recreate a one on one challenge, instead of a tactical challenge. Teammates will always be free, as no one is really commited to marking apart from the opponent that's chasing your player.

Do you see the problem here?

Here's the routine:

You have the ball.
Your teammates reacts to your player quite well.
ONE AI player locks on you, and it does so well.
The rest of the opponent team's players simple don't. They just occupy spaces.
Until you pass the ball, and another AI players locks on you.

Judging tactics thanks to a picture.I can hardly think of more pointless and stupid thing to do

eeermm... actually, those are frames from a VIDEO (that ironically claims to have all those issues solved).

eeermm... actually, those are frames from a VIDEO (that ironically claims to have all those issues solved).

Frame, pictures or however you wanna call them.It's impossible to judge tactics based on them.It's madness to even attempt so, only videos and specifically demos will give us something concrete.
Otherwise it's just a fart in the wind

That's cool, man. Anyway, to my favour, I'm just pointing out the same unadressed bad mechanics we saw year after year.

Another thing that keeps the game from reaching it's potential is the sad truth that the AI knows only ONE way to play the game. This traslates to a very poor imitation of teams styles.

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This game will obviously score 7.9 on metacritic. I have found this out by studying the various boot types, and their respective colors. It's science.

Frame, pictures or however you wanna call them.It's impossible to judge tactics based on them.It's madness to even attempt so, only videos and specifically demos will give us something concrete.
Otherwise it's just a fart in the wind

Have to admit, that made me laugh. A lot!

Back
Top Bottom