PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

@Jamezinho Yeah I see you never have PES on your PS3 as I always take a peep on PSN. we should try for a kick about some time would like to see what your skills are like

@ anderson i am not saying it is like personality plus I am saying its all catch phrasey and I am nervous that is all. Dunno what to expect from the new guy. But when I load up that demo I think I will be able to tell if his interpretation is like Seabass san just alot fresher and much more focussed Seabass seemed allover the place like he was trying to fix everything single thing that was broken at once and ended up half fixing things on one end and leting others slip on the other. Clearly I know nothing about Game developement :D

Last edited:

I wouldn't worry too much about the 'catchphrasey' nature of the game's new features, from what ive read they'll hopefully work in a far more considered manner than EA manage. Hopefully.

I finally got round to reading the WEBN hands-on and it sounds encouraging. It's a balanced bit of journalism that details how some of the features work, and I like the sound of it. By all accounts it reads that players have more weight and momentum to their movement, there's greater emphasis on first touch, and that the player movement makes it a slower, more considered game compared to PES2012. It says the game is far removed from 2012 in those respects, and that's music to my ears right now.

Graphically, I think it'll look the same but I do hope the textures are at least sharpened up.

Overall, I'm quite excited. Screw the videos, I can't wait for the demo.

The thing about PlayerID is that what is being done is to capture real life characteristics of the players that will see them blessed with the treatment.

Sure, they will have unique moves and alike but that doesn't necessarily equate to ''special moves'' or ''powers'' in gameplay terms. I am sure that in the case of Xavi's 180 turn or Iniestas close control that yes, it will make them stand out from the rest but they do in real life anyway.

You might find that some of the PlayerID is more aesthetic than somoe fear and that these players won't imbalance the game any more than would in a real match. Hopefully. I can't see Terry for example torpedeo headering everything, or that it will always be effective, if at all.

Player ID is something to be excited about, or at least I think so anyway. Ok, it's 'only' 50 players but that is still impressive. If they can scale this added individuality down to the lesser players I think we are in for a treat.

Totally agree about the GK animations, they've been poor for a while. Crap diving (almost like star jumps for airborne shots, ugh!), the jumping animations are shocking (e.g. tipping the ball over the bar looks like a half-hearted volleyball slap!), and the punt from the hand needs to be totally redone. I've never seen a goalkeeper hold the ball and kick from the same side (i.e. release the ball from the right hand and kick with their right foot)

No way has Konami used a pro goalkeeper to do their motion capture, sorry. Also some of the GK animations in old PS2 generation PES looked better in comparison.
:CONFUSE:

improved goalkeepers: where Konami, where?
i see the same goalkeeper saves as in pes 2012 (both good and bad ones). Those are exactly the same. Please don't think we are stupid, thanks.

That gk animation at 0:49 is exactly the same awful animation like in pes 2012, for example

The first keeper save on the video is a save that's been in pes for years. The rest however look better.
I just think that konami will never nail keepers like FIFA have.

Looks like they've added a few new keeper animations. They still look a bit awkward but better than nothing.

We really need to see some open gameplay now.

The first keeper save on the video is a save that's been in pes for years. The rest however look better.
I just think that konami will never nail keepers like FIFA have.

No reason for "never". Just not this gen, 'cause they ain't putting that kind of effort if they'll be redoing everything in a year or so.

I am a little moist now, little concerned about individuality still which I thought was almost non existent in. 2012, everyone felt the same to control and do the basics with, yes they have player ID but does this have an effect on the pass/shot/cross itself or is it cosmetic?

The video has this title

[NEW & OFFICIAL] PES 2013 PlayerID ProActive AI Gameplay Video 01 [E3 2012]

we will see more videos

Nice trailer, good detail.

John Terry :LMAO:

The John Terry bit made me crack up. Shame it wasn't a dive on to some scattered drawing pins, but that'll do.

Not that it will matter to those who have all but made their mind up (not a dig, just how it is) all that footage was what was shown in Brazil so is already at least six weeks old and that is without consideriing it had to be produced before the trip itself.

Not to say that there is some giant leap still to come but further improvement cannot be ruled out. Then again, if you need FIFA-like animations right now then there is a game that can offer that to you.

Last edited:

F**k me sideways!! This video made me wet like little kid in his sleep! :D

Seriously! I am now eagerly anticipating the game~! Pre-order made. Now KONAMI don't you dare disappoint me. I beg you! I BEG YOU!

Think it can be said that everything looks bloody good except for the damn keepers. Maybe they reworked the animations to make them suitable for a more wider range of saves, but the base of those animations still looks as stiff as a wooden stick.

Whatever happens, just can't wait to test out how this feels in control.

Keepers do look dubious from that vid, the player ID thang is impressive though, like the Zlatan flick reference to his goal against Italy at EURO 2004.

Not that it will matter to those who have all but made their mind up (not a dig, just how it is) all that footage was what was shown in Brazil so is already at least six weeks old and that is without consideriing it had to be produced before the trip itself.

Not to say that there is some giant leap still to come but further improvement cannot be ruled out. Then again, if you need FIFA-like animations right now then there is a game that can offer that to you.

I think it was you who said that pes keepers are just outfield players in goal and fifas keepers acted like keepers.

Pes needs its keepers to be keepers and once that's done we are halfway towards a great game.

Keepers do look dubious from that vid, the player ID thang is impressive though, like the Zlatan flick reference to his goal against Italy at EURO 2004.

Yeah I'm glad they found the time to code in a trait that has occurred once in the last 8 years. Wonder if this backheel frequency will be implemented for one in every eight ML seasons, or a feat performed at every mid-range cross.

That Terry head-dive is a really fundamental aspect that has been lacking in previous iterations as well, chuffed they've finally got round to introducing it.

BTW, does anyone know the button sequence for initiating a Hadouken with Ronaldo yet?

I think it was you who said that pes keepers are just outfield players in goal and fifas keepers acted like keepers.

Pes needs its keepers to be keepers and once that's done we are halfway towards a great game.

That was indeed me who said exactly that. I am not completely convinced by what I have saw regards keepers but if I were to be charitable, I would accept them just being better than they currently are as nothing more than a short term solution. For any future PES', regardless of the bloody engine being used, I demand that they sit down and really work out keepers... and not just look for EA/FIFA solutions either as apart from animations, I think FIFA's keepers act more like ice hockey goalies regards command of the area, in that the seem to only really look and act the part in the six yard area.

One thing I will say for PES' keepers is that in spite of them having a whole multitude of problems themselves, I do think they show a better awareness of what is ''their land'' so to speak. How they actually perform in said land is another matter entirely though.

Yeah I'm glad they found the time to code in a trait that has occurred once in the last 8 years. Wonder if this backheel frequency will be implemented for one in every eight ML seasons, or a feat performed at every mid-range cross.

That Terry head-dive is a really fundamental aspect that has been lacking in previous iterations as well, chuffed they've finally got round to introducing it.

BTW, does anyone know the button sequence for initiating a Hadouken with Ronaldo yet?

Ibrahimovic frequently plays the ball like that. He has actually scored a couple of goals with that flick since 2004 but he does oft use it in general play as well. Not every single match, but he will use it if the opportunity arises.

Keepers have rarely made laugh this much hahah.
I think we were all duped when it came to the animations.The keepers might be better (more realistic and solid) but the animations are still the same old outdated ones

Everything bar keepers looks really good, it is a bit annoying try found time to implement new tricks etc that players rarely use and which aren't vital to gameplay but still managed to leave keepers looking as dodgy as they do, that said the new tricks are a welcome addition to the growing features PES has!

Is it just me or did it look like the top end keepers eg Buffon and Casillas seemed a little better animated in the video than the others such as Llorris (who I think is a fantastic keeper).. Hope it is just me, I don't want it to be a case of the really good keepers with great stats are brilliant whilst the division two keepers are a pile crap, it would make FL a little unbearable IMO.

However Iniesta *drool* and Terry hahaha

Last edited:

Am I the only one who noticed a few "old" animations there, from the PS2 days? Like at around 2:14, that "run with the ball" anim seems taken straight from PES 6!

Back
Top Bottom