PES 2013 Discussion Thread

You sure

E3_FCBvsVAL_AIGK.jpg

That keeper looks ok and that is from PES 2013

Nice skiing gloves

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Hopefully it will be available to people not on Facebook like myself. There's no way I'm signing up to that shower of shit to play PES early.

anyone can understand how popular is FB nowadays to 'Hype' things out

If they want to be "underground" nobody will buy the game :P

I'm not confident those keeper animations will be fixed by release. If the last few years have taught me anything, it's that what you see at E3 is generally what you get in October.

That ridiculous keeper jump at 00:45, that can't be mo-cap can it ? I mean who the fuck jumps like that ?

I'm not confident those keeper animations will be fixed by release. If the last few years have taught me anything, it's that what you see at E3 is generally what you get in October.

Then again, they don't show you that much in E3.

But I also doubt keepers will change substantially. They should have put effort on them at the same time they put effort on stuff like player ID and such, and focus on almost completely replace them keeper anims.

They say hope is the last one to die...

It's typical Konami though. They know keepers - specifically keeper animations - have been one of the biggest complaints yet they put the worst keeper animation imaginable in their latest trailer. Old habits die hard, I suppose. Otherwise it was a decent trailer.

They still have time to fix the keeper animations, even if it is dredging old animations from PES6. I'm just not confident they will address it.

That ridiculous keeper jump at 00:45, that can't be mo-cap can it ? I mean who the fuck jumps like that ?

Someone diving out the way of a car and being partially hit by it?

What an awful animation that is, looks so bad, and they include it in the trailer....facepalm.

It's typical Konami though. They know keepers - specifically keeper animations - have been one of the biggest complaints yet they put the worst keeper animation imaginable in their latest trailer. Old habits die hard, I suppose. Otherwise it was a decent trailer.

They still have time to fix the keeper animations, even if it is dredging old animations from PES6. I'm just not confident they will address it.

The worst part is that they say the following in the E3's fact sheet found here: http://www.konami.com/downloads/e32012/items/E3_2012_PES2013_FactSheet.zip

The PES team worked with real life goal keepers to improve motions ad GK logic to improve animations and quality of GK responses"

Yeah, great work...

The real problem involves "game dynamics".
To put it simply, no matter how hard you set the game difficulty, the game always solves itself out (tactically) around your player. It is NOT in the game's nature to create a smart scenario for you to work around.

Just take a look at this FK instance:

http://winningelevenblog.com/files/2012/06/tone_DF02.jpg

* Look at the last two blue players. Amateur defenses don't position themselves that bad
* Blue player behind the wall doing WHAT?
* Three red players in ridiculous position (?)
* Count the blue players. Yes, ten field players on-screen. Could you say they are well positioned?
...and we could go on and on with the bottom image.

So, why are we not asking Konami to make an intelligent tactical game first?

This has nothing to do with "magically" knowing what the game will be like by looking at one screen. If you know your PES you know what I'm talking about. Period.

I'm afraid we're making the wrong demands.

Good point.

From that picture they clearly haven't fixed dead ball situations, the two red players in the box are probably defenders and the striker is probably having a chat with the GK on the halfway line.

You know what.

People talk way too much about animations.

Way too much man, you know, it just really isn't a big thing, its about the action and the game balance man!

Btw that trailer was just PES 2012 with some add ons, which well is ok since i like PES 2012.

so.. well, People need to jam more here, just too highly strung up :LOL:

From what i can see FIFA is just FIFA, the game we all know, the game for everyone and anyone.

and PES does it own way now, being the game for communities.

We should embrace that, why do we get so angry all the time, it's just a game?

This is, crazy, we all need to calm down.

You know what.

People talk way too much about animations.

Way too much man, you know, it just really isn't a big thing, its about the action and the game balance man!

Btw that trailer was just PES 2012 with some add ons, which well is ok since i like PES 2012.

so.. well, People need to jam more here, just too highly strung up :LOL:

From what i can see FIFA is just FIFA, the game we all know, the game for everyone and anyone.

and PES does it own way now, being the game for communities.

We should embrace that, why do we get so angry all the time, it's just a game?

This is, crazy, we all need to calm down.

Nobody is getting angry, we're just chatting PES which is what we are all here for. When Konami come out and say keeper animations have been completely redone then completely undermine themselves with this trailer, I think people have every right to be a little unhappy.

You can talk about action and game balance as much as you want but in the HD age the way a game looks and moves is equally important.

Asim Tanvir
So, yes, played #PES2013. Thoughts to come later from both me and @GariClark. Positive though, very positive. Keepers noticeably better.

Also got a video interview with @JonMurphy_PES. Awesome stuff. #PES2013

Asim Tanvir
Bit of a #PES2013 exclusive. 20 official Spanish league stadiums will be day one DLC. Wait, for free!

Asim Tanvir
@_JoaoCampos Yup, new animations. Keepers have own styles too.

Nice surprise, I hope there's more.

20 stadiums as free dlc is unbelievable if true!

Wow, that is impressive! :SHOCK:

Being a bit of a stadium fetishist myself, this makes me very happy! I always thought stadia took ages to model hence why PES doesn't have many. If Konami can knock up 18 for La Liga then that's great work there.

This also ties in with the rumour a few weeks back regarding Konami visiting Granada CF's stadium, which seemed odd at the time.

Totally agree about the GK animations, they've been poor for a while. Crap diving (almost like star jumps for airborne shots, ugh!), the jumping animations are shocking (e.g. tipping the ball over the bar looks like a half-hearted volleyball slap!), and the punt from the hand needs to be totally redone. I've never seen a goalkeeper hold the ball and kick from the same side (i.e. release the ball from the right hand and kick with their right foot)

No way has Konami used a pro goalkeeper to do their motion capture, sorry. Also some of the GK animations in old PS2 generation PES looked better in comparison.

Nobody is getting angry, we're just chatting PES which is what we are all here for. When Konami come out and say keeper animations have been completely redone then completely undermine themselves with this trailer, I think people have every right to be a little unhappy.

You can talk about action and game balance as much as you want but in the HD age the way a game looks and moves is equally important.

Yeah, i mean it's always important as every knows, every key factor in the gameplay is needed. Thing is i almost think we need to list all the key core factors of a game and make sure we reference from there since it's like people forget other key factors and tend to act on hype and impulse.

I mean people have talked about animations so much it's as if it's the only thing that matters, even if the game has loads of technical bugs and attributes didn't even work and were the same for everyone people are so fixated by hype they don't notice. shows in a big way how we have got sucked so much into football games innit. Hype :)

Also i feel at the moment nobody is raging, but i sense much frustration in everyones words and much forced opinions, in people desperately trying to love each games. Seems a lot of smashed controllers have happened in the last few years, people have been lead around by a lot of hype that has left them disappointed. People aren't happy, it seems it will take a lot for people to be blown away this time.

Thought I'd discuss this and just show every, wow look how aggressive divided we are about these games in general. Remember the friendly rivalries back in the 90's between football games, so many, so many independent ones, People weren't slip politically between either title. You could literally tag every single member as someone who 'prefers' or backs either title.

For example pople will say
  • Me: PES, Despite alwyas buying both and plying both all year for so long.
  • Jamezinho: PES, even though he's been disappointing with this gen titles.
  • Northzzz: PES, again like Jamez disappointed.
  • Tom: FIFA, happy content with things
  • Shikashi: FIFA, angry with pes in a large what which fuels his enjoyment for FIFA' strong points over it.
  • Placebo: Happy and content, polite, see the good side of things.

If we all were more laid back about each title, that would end the rivalry itself and maybe even they would come together to make one game with perfect tactics, perfect animations, perfect small details and stat relative gameplay with all the licenses?

It would be the greatest game, of all time easy, people would just not play anything else.

Nice thought :)

Wow, that is impressive! :SHOCK:

Being a bit of a stadium fetishist myself, this makes me very happy! I always thought stadia took ages to model hence why PES doesn't have many. If Konami can knock up 18 for La Liga then that's great work there.

This also ties in with the rumour a few weeks back regarding Konami visiting Granada CF's stadium, which seemed odd at the time.

:BOP: :))

See times are bright people :)

I have to say pes2012 I'm still learning everyday. I think PES is like drinking. Bad if you play alone, much more fun with others.

I have to say pes2012 I'm still learning everyday. I think PES is like drinking. Bad if you play alone, much more fun with others.

I feel i know the game very well now actually, still more for it to offer though, i mean after the euros might get into things like Copa Libertadores and this creative thing i may do after,

Also, i dug the PS3 out so i can maybe a bit of online games again.

There are reports that keepers are better but also that their old animations are still there - it's typical for Konami to not really think about what they put in the trailer regarding the keepers. They should make a dedicated keeper trailer at some point - they could make dedicated trailers for lots of stuff.
To be honest though I'm not all that bothered with the keepers. Apart from when they stand still and watch the ball float over their heads, or when they do that thing from the trailer, jumping up and not doing anything, basically. Most of the time they save my shots, the bastards.

One thing I remember seeing more often in PES 2011 is that if a keeper was flat out beaten he would stand there and watch the ball go by. Just like in real life. Haven't seen it once on PES 2012 for some reason :(

If they're going to have bad animations in the game to actually represent something meaningful - as in really poor stats or really bad form, they need a way of sorting them better. I don't think all the good looking animations should be locked exclusively to the best keepers or those rated over 80 something. They're diving moves, not skill moves!

But I think that trailer was purely showing a brief mention of each of the key features they are spruiking. Glad to see Adam on the front foot re the keeping animations. Let's hope they reduce/eliminate the crappy animations.

I'm no animations whore but I do think a goal feels cheapened when the keeper just drops on his side and sticks a hand out. I'd rather him stand there and watch it like he would on PES 2011 or scamper across with his feet and get there late with a dive.

By the way - the screenshots of Kaka and Xavi look superb at capturing the way those two players move. I hope it looks that good in game!

Back
Top Bottom