PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

If it's top 50 then it'll be no less than someone rated 85, which pretty much limits it to most of the top 4 of the major leagues.
Neymar has Player ID and plays in Brazil. You can make an educated guess at who the players will be, but we still don't know much about it.

Last edited:

You will see when it will came out.

AND you're a prophet too, please tell me more about the future!

A shame Konami dont have the balls to release next gen PES now on PC only on dx11 framework and start testing and ironing out the bugs for the next gen PES intime for the new consoles to come out.

wasted opprtunity for konami IMO

You have no idea what you're saying dude. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with DirectX 11 (it has no relevant impact whatsoever on a game's development), rather them having to put time on making a new game from scratch, using the newest technologies available possible so it isn't outdated as soon as the new consoles that support them get here.

I'm sure they looked at getting the game onto the new engine this year for all formats, but decided they needed more time to get it working properly.

Also, given how small the sales for PES on PC probably are (and I'm happy to be proven wrong), there would have been no point in releasing two separate games using two separate engines and people expecting more features and better gameplay from both. At least now Konami can 'start testing and ironing out the bugs for the next gen PES in time for the new consoles to come out' without the main product suffering significantly.

AND you're a prophet too, please tell me more about the future!

You have no idea what you're saying dude. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with DirectX 11 (it has no relevant impact whatsoever on a game's development), rather them having to put time on making a new game from scratch, using the newest technologies available possible so it isn't outdated as soon as the new consoles that support them get here.

Na its all about using the sheer power of a bog standard modernise £500 gaming pc that pisses and fucks all over a ps3/360.

I bet u a million dollers that the next gen consoles wont even match the power of todays i7 SB cpu with a 480gtx(2 year old high end card with 1.5gb vram and 512memory bandwidth) let alone a 680gtx lol.

Konami can if they want to, release next gen pes on pc now mate, get it working in tip top shape.

PES sales on pc is not good yes but thats because many just get the console version. if u give the user a reason to get iot on pc instead like implementing next gen engine on pc only. i bet 9/10 peopl in this forum alone will flock back to their pc's saving every penny to buy a decent one.

Hope that will bring back the traditional 2010 camera.

Na its all about using the sheer power of a bog standard modernise £500 gaming pc that pisses and fucks all over a ps3/360.

I bet u a million dollers that the next gen consoles wont even match the power of todays i7 SB cpu with a 480gtx(2 year old high end card with 1.5gb vram and 512memory bandwidth) let alone a 680gtx lol.

They won't match the power from a sheer horsepower perspective, but that's hardly the whole story. It doesn't equate better graphics, or better anything for that matter.
The benefits of console development is that you're not constrained by an endless amount of different configurations and a general purpose OS that never allows developers complete control over what's happening with resources and so forth. On the flipside of that, PC developers have a much easier time handling memory and stuff because it's much stricter on consoles.

So, no, it's not black and white like you're trying to make it out to be. 1GB for VRAM on a console is completely different from the same amount on a PC. Which is why they don't cost the same.

Guys please don't go down that PC vs consoles route again. It's endless and been through it numerous times before. Let's stick to PES please.

They won't match the power from a sheer horsepower perspective, but that's hardly the whole story. It doesn't equate better graphics, or better anything for that matter.
The benefits of console development is that you're not constrained by an endless amount of different configurations and a general purpose OS that never allows developers complete control over what's happening with resources and so forth. On the flipside of that, PC developers have a much easier time handling memory and stuff because it's much stricter on consoles.

So, no, it's not black and white like you're trying to make it out to be. 1GB for VRAM on a console is completely different from the same amount on a PC. Which is why they don't cost the same.

Pc's have tremendous horsepower and games like bf3 and max payne 3 already shows this.

There is only soo much u can do on limited hardware mate and teh 360 and ps3 have reached their limits IMO.

PES next gen engine may not be able to run on todays console but can in theory run on today's pc's that is why i suggested PES could use pc pplatform as a tool to showcase and release version 1 of there engine.

Many game companies have gone through this route as i previously mentioned so it is not as if it has never been done before.

@lami, dont worry, its all relivent. we are not having a piss fight between pc and console. we are just discussing about PES next gen being a pc exlusive for now

@lami, dont worry, its all relivent. we are not having a piss fight between pc and console. we are just discussing about PES next gen being a pc exlusive for now

There's no point discussing it, it's never, ever, ever going to happen.

PES is a console game at heart, back in the day on PS2 it was all about accessibility and social gaming. PC offers none of those things due to the cost, and I very much doubt nine out of ten PES fans would rush out and drop £500-1000 on a gaming PC just to play one game. Going PC only would only serve to drive even more people from the series.

PES is a console game at heart, back in the day on PS2 it was all about accessibility and social gaming. PC offers none of those things due to the cost, and I very much doubt nine out of ten PES fans would rush out and drop £500-1000 on a gaming PC just to play one game. Going PC only would only serve to drive even more people from the series.

Speaking as someone who has recently dropped £800 on a PC, I can attest that PES is much better experience on that platform. The game looks sharper, runs at a higher frame-rate and benefits from a higher screen refresh rate. I've found the game to be much more enjoyable on the PC even though the gameplay is essentially the same.

The real strength of the PC is the patching and modding possibilities. PES is a game that requires editing to get the best out of it, so in a way the PC is the best place to play PES.

I agree that the spiritual home of PES is the consoles. That's where it all started and that's where the majority of the fanbase still are, but I urge anyone who can to consider getting back into PC gaming. With things like Steam it's much more streamlined and accessible these days.

(sorry Lami)

it does offer sociable and accessibility with the likes of steam and origin in use now.

Plus PES plays best on a pc, better graphics, framerates and not to mention modding.

Hmmmm just watched the trailer, despite the new features the game looks
dated. The two new control/dribbling features sound good on paper but
looks like it could be an abused feature when playing against someone online.

The bad thing is will stats play a part in this? to a certain degree
yes, but I don't think it'll have a massive impact on dribbling won't
be suprised to see someone like Mertesacker pulling off all these
tricks with ease.

Ball physics still look the same.

Note to Konami - For the next-gen the ball needs to be a total seperate
entity.

Hmmmm just watched the trailer, despite the new features the game looks
dated. The two new control/dribbling features sound good on paper but
looks like it could be an abused feature when playing against someone online.

The bad thing is will stats play a part in this? to a certain degree
yes, but I don't think it'll have a massive impact on dribbling won't
be suprised to see someone like Mertesacker pulling off all these
tricks with ease.

Ball physics still look the same.

Note to Konami - For the next-gen the ball needs to be a total seperate
entity.

Funny you say that, because ball was "free" in PES 3/4/5. It was not glued to feet. Total freedom of ball being separate entity where did I saw it after PES? Well, in Football Kingdom. Now if only someone could re-do FK game to current standards... ;)

YouTube - Football Kingdom Sequel Petition

(note: I know it's arcade to the max, but damn it was enjoyable game never sold in Europe. Luckily you can run it on emulator on PC)

As for R2 being abused, wasn't that dribble in all PES prior to 2008? I mean come on, PES will play always different to skills abusive FIFA. So I am not worried one bit :P. (plus individuality really does matter in Pro Evo. Deadwood defender can't turn as fast or can't recive fast paced pass that well, etc.)

Demo should reveal it all though.

Pc's have tremendous horsepower and games like bf3 and max payne 3 already shows this.

There is only soo much u can do on limited hardware mate and teh 360 and ps3 have reached their limits IMO.

PES next gen engine may not be able to run on todays console but can in theory run on today's pc's that is why i suggested PES could use pc pplatform as a tool to showcase and release version 1 of there engine.

Many game companies have gone through this route as i previously mentioned so it is not as if it has never been done before.

I agree with you, PCs have a clear advantage if the game is designed to bring high-end computers to their knees, but I don't see PES being developed with PC in mind and then downported to consoles afterwards. Not only would the backlash from that decision be huge from the fans' part, but I don't think Konami really wants to spend a lot of money on R&D like Crytek does to have the most technically advanced football game possible.

Again, what you say makes sense, they could showcase something like "What would PES 2015 be like if we targeted development for PC", but I doubt PES fans and console gamers in general would appreciate getting the short end of the stick. Theoretically, it would be great. Practically, I don't know.

This isn't a flamewar, Lami. We're just discussing points.

As for R2 being abused, wasn't that dribble in all PES prior to 2008? I mean come on, PES will play always different to skills abusive FIFA. So I am not worried one bit :P. (plus individuality really does matter in Pro Evo. Deadwood defender can't turn as fast or can't recive fast paced pass that well, etc.)

Demo should reveal it all though.

Hasn't there always been an R2 dribble. 2011 was when it became more
pronounced and intricate. Thought they made it too easy in 2012, the problem
that I hope won't be is dert touch being defaulted for everyone so same animation
and all.

Player ID is an interesting feature hopefully for editing buffs this feature can be applied
to other players like we've seen with free kick and run animation.

What Konami also need to work on is team ai ID, 2012, had the problem with teams playing
the same, no build up play just steam rolling counter attacking ahead.

@ anderson Konami and EA have a monopoly on the football genre which I don't think is
a good thing. Football Kingdom and the existence of 2K sports just gives us hope that someone
will come along and produce something fresh.

Last edited:

so after everyone was told not to go down the PC V consolse route its still being discussed?

Freaking endless loop, we're back to Football Kingdom talk again.

this whole topic is a giant loop crap:
"PES 5 gameplay was best ever"
"Football Kingdoms was batter than PES 12"
"2K sports should make a football game"
"PES graphics and animations are still shit"
"shooting is still horrible"
"goalies are still horrible"
"adam is a moron"
"nets are still shit"
"etc"
"etc"
"etc"

every year the same useless talk and still everyone buys the game :LOL:

Hi, something i've been thinking about is are the graphics for PES 2013 going to be any better than in 2012?

Still not 100% sure why they have got substantially worse since 2010.

Been uploading a load of saved fraps clips and that game is still far in a way the best looking football game. Easily. the texture they used or kits, the lighting, the level of detail was superb. The gameplay was absolutely on rails and a beefed up PS2 base but i still can't knock the graphics.

YouTube - PES 2010-Joga Bonito-SUPER Goals Compilation [HD]
YouTube - PES 2012 Animations request part 2
pes20102010061001142793.png

pes20102010061001153375.png

I'd like some clearance and official word from Konami if they are intentionally holding the graphics back for playability issues, does the game simply not run smoothly enough with the PES 2010 settings? Technology is moving at a snails pace in general. so this wouldn't surprise me but some official word on them would be nice.

Are they planning on reintroducing that level of detail? As for Gameplay PES 2012 is not just good enough but I'm still learning stuff om it now, PES 2013 from what i've seen is what I'd expect as an enhancement but the things i want in the gameplay are little, stuff like a rabona cross, a few more skill moves, little almost irreverent stuff.

My main thing I'm looking for is atmosphere.
  • Better crowds
  • Banners which are severely lacking
  • Flags
  • In exhibition made select how much crowd you want to see
  • Select weather the crowd is neutral or home and away, edit a manager, more cutscenes
  • More dynamic injuries
  • More drama
  • Interactive cup celebrations
  • With this player ID, i want to make Joey Barton an attention seeking asshole and Balotelli celebrate with the linesman or chat up a female referee. Wheres the snow
  • Muddy kits
  • Rubbish pitches and surfaces?

anymore did i miss out? I don't think we even need to tell konami gameplay is the priority, it's clear they know this but the aesthetics and atmosphere is dry at the moment.

Agree, PES 2013 gameplay (or what it promises to be) with PES 2010 would be more than enough to finish this gen of poor efforts with a decent game anyone would happily play for 12 months.

Hi, something i've been thinking about is are the graphics for PES 2013 going to be any better than in 2012?

Still not 100% sure why they have got substantially worse since 2010.

Been uploading a load of saved fraps clips and that game is still far in a way the best looking football game. Easily. the texture they used or kits, the lighting, the level of detail was superb. The gameplay was absolutely on rails and a beefed up PS2 base but i still can't knock the graphics.

I'd like some clearance and official word from Konami if they are intentionally holding the graphics back for playability issues, does the game simply not run smoothly enough with the PES 2010 settings? Technology is moving at a snails pace in general. so this wouldn't surprise me but some official word on them would be nice.

Are they planning on reintroducing that level of detail?

It doesn't sound as though they are from what Adam has said.

What a shame because PES2010 looked fantastic. It is the only PES of this generation that looks anywhere near decent in wide cam, the colours were vivid, the lighting looked realistic, the textures detailed.

It's strange because PES2012 on the PC (yep, sorry) is known as one of the least demanding modern 3D games. Fairly old PC's can run it quite happily. Obviously the current consoles are rather dated themselves but even so, you'd think that a game like PES could be optimised to look sharp and detailed. I really don't get what the problem is.

The AI is often used as an excuse because it is resource hungry, but PES is easily one of the worst looking sports games (in terms of level of detail from afar), all of which have AI routines to deal with too.

Something is not right at Konami and I get the impression they've given up on trying to optimise the graphics to PES2010 levels because they know something better is around the corner.

It doesn't sound as though they are from what Adam has said.

What a shame because PES2010 looked fantastic. It is the only PES of this generation that looks anywhere near decent in wide cam, the colours were vivid, the lighting looked realistic, the textures detailed.

It's strange because PES2012 on the PC (yep, sorry) is known as one of the least demanding modern 3D games. Fairly old PC's can run it quite happily. Obviously the current consoles are rather dated themselves but even so, you'd think that a game like PES could be optimised to look sharp and detailed. I really don't get what the problem is.

The AI is often used as an excuse because it is resource hungry, but PES is easily one of the worst looking sports games (in terms of level of detail from afar), all of which have AI routines to deal with too.

Something is not right at Konami and I get the impression they've given up on trying to optimise the graphics to PES2010 levels because they know something better is around the corner.

You reckon there's anyone i could talk to about this to get an official word about the graphics man? Would be nice to put this to bed, as every time i see PES 2010 this comes to mind. Hey i think an issue could be why did they drop it in the first place for 2011?

If they can't at least better atmosphere should make up a bit for the loss is detail and lighting.

Agree, PES 2013 gameplay (or what it promises to be) with PES 2010 would be more than enough to finish this gen of poor efforts with a decent game anyone would happily play for 12 months.

Tbh i might just keep playing PES 2012 to, whenever... Then again maybe i should stick around and maybe look to playtest an earlier version to give some feedback, i mean that could actually help.

What you said about pes on this gen interest me, i address this to everyone as advice.

This isn't just an issue on this forum is a issue we see EVERYWHERE, all the time, every day. People complaining about what the don't have and forgetting whats infront of them. People all day unhappy about what the 'should' or 'could' have been doing, rather than setting their awareness on what they have in their hand.

I mean you could say if you find PES has been crap on this gen, instead of just venting frustration at Konami constantly and being cynical, making yourself feel down and rather depressed over what you 'could' of had, instead look at other things which could improve yourself you can do with the time you would of most likely spent playing a video game :)

How many people who where avidly addicted to PES 5-6 who found PES on this gen crap have maybe enhanced their lives with other pastimes which would had never happened if PES 2008-09 where the best games of all times? Maybe they started a new family, new life, became a more balanced person?

Do we complain in a constructive and healthy way? This is something i've asked about myself and i think everyone should ask about themselves.

Maybe the best way to complain is to voice concerns they just leave, don't buy or talk about the game so Konami would have to win you back, rather than get consumed by frustrations so much you become so cynical you do even know whats good anymore, you just constantly regurgitate 'it could be better', 'it should of had this'?

Something to think about, more than just PES but in life in general.

I don't know if any of you guys played PES 2008 on PS2, but I did and although I don't remember the atmosphere or general look, facial detail took an absolute nosedive from PES 6. It was a smoother game, but the fine details had obviously been sacrificed. I can imagine something similar happening with later versions of PES for this Gen.

You reckon there's anyone i could talk to about this to get an official word about the graphics man? Would be nice to put this to bed, as every time i see PES 2010 this comes to mind. Hey i think an issue could be why did they drop it in the first place for 2011?

If they can't at least better atmosphere should make up a bit for the loss is detail and lighting.

Are you on the WENB forums still? I guess Adam himself may have some insight into why the graphics went downhill after 2010. Maybe Alan knows too. He posts here quite often.

An educated guess would be, as I said before, PES2011 couldn't handle PES2010 graphics coupled up with the new AI. This suggests to me that the engine PES is built on just isn't good enough for the current generation of consoles, a situation which should never have been allowed to happen.

A pet hate of mine with PES is the blur effect that has been applied to the graphics. This was introduced with PES2011, the same year the graphics started to slide. Perhaps this is not simply a motion blur effect, but was implemented to hide some other graphical deficiencies?

Regarding atmosphere - surely this would be quite easy to improve upon? It's not like it can get any worse.

Think the lighting on the daytime games is too washed out in 2012, like the contrast has been messed with, looks like that's the same in 2013 too, night time games are far more vibrant whereas on daytime they look like they are played during dusk and would never be allowed to play like that without floodlights.

Some of the shadows are overdone, too, such as at the Allianz. It's hard to see what's going on in the dark areas.

PES2010 had nice, juicy green pitch textures which probably helped give the day matches a brighter feel.

Back
Top Bottom