PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

About keepers, in my opinion we don't need new animations -well, of course we do, but that's not enough. We need specific controls to manual keepers: a button to clear the ball with hands, one to clear it with a kick , another one to take it, to go for the ball, to hold up... and, above all, more intelligence to them.

Goddamn it Konami the ball physics STILL look like a Heavy Marble on a FUCKING Glass table!!!

I think that's a very good video. Much better than previous years. It should excite the football purists as the focus is clearly on the intricacies of the game. Those complaining about PES Utd vs WE Utd need to check their priorities.

Some more info on player ID would've been nice but I guess Konami don't want to show everything this early. Anyway, I'm impressed and very much on the train again.

i'm very disappointed from the new trailer the teaser looked so professional and now this, old konami is back :(

looks decent but haqrd to tell. needs more animation i think and more smoothness. the ball control and touch is pretty good.

What do they mean about total control of your passing? do we finally have a game where the passing is manual and no auto shit anymore?

the problem with PES12 was that even though it had manual passing and shooting, it was VER VERY inaccurate and poorly implemented.

ie it will guess the speed of the shot or pass for u instead of u dictating the speed of it yourself. this made manual on PES12 a fucking joke and i stopped playing it because of it.

for me, PES11 was much better then PES12. they went backwards on PES12 and as a result, saw me go back to fifa again.

They need to force everyone to play manual now. none of this auto passing and shooting shit. make it truely manual. it will make the game fair and much more fun online and help people who dismiss online play, start enjoying it again.

i can see why people dont like online on pes12. its shit. far worse then pes11 but the SP mode for me is not good either. Master league is same old Master league of PES1. not much has changed.

no lower league teams. in-accurate season structure etc etc. cant Konami just make PES Master league have nearly same features as football manager?

The amount of stuff u can do in FM in terms of tactics, scouting and club management is astounding.

For example, it would be great if there was a way to interact with the media in ML. create rivalry, play down expectations. Act like a dickhead like Morinho etc etc.

Also, players morals. TOO basic on ML ie if u dont play them much they maon, there is a lot more to a players moral then that. take a look at how FM deals with players modals.

Soo many things ML needs to improve to make it worthwile

Master league is same old Master league of PES1. not much has changed.

I have absolutely no idea what to make of that statement. I suppose it could be a clever quip of some kind, but on the face of it it's the same kind of statement as 'Batman Returns is the same as Batman the TV series, not much has changed' or 'A bright sunny day is the same as a dark rainy night, not much has changed'.

Some pretty cool parts.

ibp2LjPH4OB05K.gif

ibrapbFFt3vAg5.gif

iiJjzI18494qo.gif

iHh6AchXiPt2L.gif

I have absolutely no idea what to make of that statement. I suppose it could be a clever quip of some kind, but on the face of it it's the same kind of statement as 'Batman Returns is the same as Batman the TV series, not much has changed' or 'A bright sunny day is the same as a dark rainy night, not much has changed'.

not much as changed IMO. it needs more features mate.

its going right direction but needs more. a reason to ditch online and play offline instead for me anyway.

About keepers, in my opinion we don't need new animations -well, of course we do, but that's not enough. We need specific controls to manual keepers: a button to clear the ball with hands, one to clear it with a kick , another one to take it, to go for the ball, to hold up... and, above all, more intelligence to them.

I have to say the clips that feature the keepers in that trailer have me VERY worried.
They still go for shots with two hands when a real keeper tips the ball over with one hand.
The look rigid - especially when go down the to the forwards feet.
Plus why do keepers gloves on PES look like skiing gloves?

Still the movement animation not fixed, the defensive line bug still exist and the AI is like a robot, never makes mistake. Good job PES on your way to the arcade world.

P.S. Keepers are gods. Never makes mistake.

Last edited:

Terrible trailer, especially for dissappointing to see keepers!

From press release:

"The individuality of movement has also been extended to between the posts. Goal keeping has been totally invigorated via new animations and play styles. New varieties of saves and reactions have been added to ensure the game’s ‘keepers are in line with the efforts of real shot stoppers. This level of realism also extends to the game’s top-rated goal keepers, with their moves to close attacks down, fling themselves to tip a shot past the post, and in-goal acrobatics benefiting from all new animations and AI"

"Goalkeepers: Improvements to the goal keepers was voted the key advancement football fans wanted to see in PES 2013, and the team has worked hard with real keepers to ensure they respond with better reactions, pull off reflex saves, clear their lines effectively"

Konami, are you EA now?

Last edited:

At least they're handling the PR aspect much better than in previous years

Re Keepers

If you listen to the WENB podcast they say keepers are still a let down animation wise. Still dated and pulling off the same type of save again and again

Not good.

The GK and WEvsPES parts, pretty much killed the trailer. The keepers in the trailer are just like the old ones, where is the hard work I would like to ask?

Still the movement animation not fixed, the defensive line bug still exist and the AI is like a robot, never makes mistake. Good job PES on your way to the arcade world.

P.S. Keepers are gods. Never makes mistake.

Didn't know the game is out already.

Btw, has anyone seen this? Confirmation next-gen PES is using FOX Engine.

People who are complaining that Konami are using WE vs PES need shooting. In the stomach so they bleed out over a day or two - the head would be too humane.

Other than the fact that it doesnt matter in the slightest whether the player performing a nutmeg or a flicked touch is real or fake, Konami will not have sorted out licensing yet for most of their teams; they will not have known which teams they would be ok to use when making these videos. EA have the same problem where the videos they showed us of their gameplay improvements use real teams, and they asked us not to leak the video because (among other things) they didn't yet have the licenses sorted for FIFA 13 yet.

What Adam said about the keepers was that there are new animations, but they tend to reuse the same ones too frequently.

Last edited:

And you believe everything Adam says? I dont after previous years.

People who are complaining that Konami are using WE vs PES need shooting. In the stomach so they bleed out over a day or two - the head would be too humane.

Other than the fact that it doesnt matter in the slightest whether the player performing a nutmeg or a flicked touch is real or fake, Konami will not have sorted out licensing yet for most of their teams; they will not have known which teams they would be ok to use when making these videos. EA have the same problem where the videos they showed us of their gameplay improvements use real teams, and they asked us not to leak the video because (among other things) they didn't yet have the licenses sorted for FIFA 13 yet.

What Adam said about the keepers was that there are new animations, but they tend to reuse the same ones too frequently.

Exactly. :TU:

Anyway, this is more of a development video so its purpose is to highlight some of the changes to the gameplay. Remember, this video is supposedly "the first of many" so I expect a little and often approach from Konami regarding PES2013 news.

I actually think they've handled the PR better this year. Expecting the Hollywood levels of style and polish you see in EA trailers is never going to happen as far as Konami are concerned. Yes, this trailer was not perfect but I've seen a hell of a lot worse from Konami.

I've also a good feeling about Kei Masuda. It's nice to see a fresher, younger face at the helm. Seabass was starting to look visibly worn out so some time behind the scenes may do him good.

And you believe everything Adam says? I dont after previous years.

Is this just what people are going to say every single time somebody uses the word 'Adam'? Cos I'd much rather some common sense was applied every now and then.

Seriously, please don't make me facepalm. I'm on my phone and don't want to accidentally smash it against my forehead two months before I can upgrade.

Ping pong passing still exists. Which makes me think ping pong shooting and crossing are still there. Funny how Konami proudly include it in their trailers every year. This is something EA have been trying to fix every year, albeit slow, FIFA 13 is actually looking like a real football game.

First touch control, this is only going to add to arcady feel of PES , with players now knocking the ball up at every opportunity to lob a defender or perform an overhead. How many times you see that in real football?
Add the terrible animations and limited player individuality and the broke stamina system. GG.

I'm out

Edit: Forgot to mention the superhuman frame to frame contain defending. Already seen it in FIFA and it blows.

Last edited:

People need to lighten up a bit, the game is released in September. If you're so eager to judge the first gameplay video of PES 13 we have ever seen, you need to learn quite a few things about game development.

Yes, some animations are going to be very rough at this stage, but they already show promise.
Yes, the AI isn't even complete. They're going to change things.
Yes, Konami is going to use PES United and WE United, probably because the artists haven't even started working on new kits.

Chill. They even showed a bit of Player ID.

- what about the clipping issues are those fixed, or are we still be able to run tru players, wachting a ball going tru a keepers body

- I thought they were saying the game is slower then pes2012 - didnt look like it

there wont be a new stamina system like wii version - confirmed on twitter, so online will be full of sprinting whores

- if every player can dribble like that in the video, this will be a nightmare online

http://i.minus.com/iHh6AchXiPt2L.gif

still those shitty passing bars and auto setting - this again will ruin online play

Am I the only one concerned over the focus on a select 50 players having unique procedural animations?

I'm not being elitist here, since I know the majority of us that played PES 11 MLO went out of our way to avoid such players. Dedicating so much time to cosmetic touches to players many of us dont even use seems a big waste of resources tbh.

I thought the animations looked fine really. PES has always looked slightly dated to other games, why does it matter? It's insignificant, it's not something you notice after a week of playing.

Overall I'm fairly disappointed though. Obviously it's only a video but there was nothing there to suggest it'd be a more balanced game. More guided passes, quicker, emphasis on dribbling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom