PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I'm not all too keen on this, defo think it'll get exploited, however this is a business and konami needs to make money....the only way they will compete with fifa sales wise is to add features which attract the casual gamers too.

Love it or hate, with the current state of gaming we need konami to continue making pes and making a bigger profit(even with casual features) because maybe like alot of japanese developers they may stop releasing outside japan!

Master League is another issue. 5 divisions only, 5 minutes halves for competitions(tried once, stayed way for 700 games since), no limit to transfers but your income, is poor and pointless. Divisions ok, but there u should have league type competitions and cups, facing 17 or 19 other players on those competitions in a 34/38 match schedule. Promotion,survival or descent,cup win or losses; big players only in the two top divisions, this is my vision for master league. If only it could become real. That is why i played so much World cup 2010 online. It was the real competition format, as it should, and that´s why i don´t give fuck about Ultimate team. To become addictive, competitions must be based in reality and have clear objectives. I know, off-topic but needed to express myself.

As someone who can't even use manual crossing, I'm pretty sure I will not be able to master this feature. It's probably usable on lower difficulty settings but once you have pressure from the opposing team, it will be enough just to get the ball to a teammate, without trying to select him with the right stick and manipulate him around the place.

this.

Are you guys using all the stuff there is in PES anyway? manual passing, manual crossing - it's all there, current PES has so much to offer but I guess amount of people using it was tiny, I never bothered mastering it. Konami weren't mentioning these things before and it is just as advanced stuff like this off the ball thingy.

It's not meant for the masses tbh, they're doing "feature enlisting" because of a new PR approach and that's it

this.

Are you guys using all the stuff there is in PES anyway? manual passing, manual crossing

If people realise that the new off the ball controll feature can be used as an exploit for example by crossing and positioning your player for headergoals they gonna use it. Everyone who played Fifa 2003 and used off the ball control know what i mean.

So what you gonna do against that exploit? Yep you gonna use it too or stop playing online.

But we need to wait and see if the new feature can be used as an exploit. If yes the gameplay will be completely broken.

I really don;t understand all the drama. If konami can balance this out so defenders are a bit in advantage then you can't abuse it at all. I can see all these morons using this online giving me enough h space to punish their asses.

when they decided to remove the d-pad everyone was saying that those people should adapt to analogue and that they should do it because it gives you more options. those same people are now complaining about this feature. hypocrites if you ask me. Changes sometimes will be massive and you just have to learn how to deal with it.

concerns are valid, but if the defense can't anticipate, then we know what we want for pes 2013.

:P Yeah ok, fair enough matey but I'd like to think the discussions should be based on the game rather than the box it comes in. IMO that's what makes this site better than others out there......

I don't care either really. And I really do prefer a black cover with a logo. But, its still part of the lulz discussion, so why not ;)

Plus it's still a PES 2012 related discussion

Yep.

When is your playtest Mr.?

Soon bro. Guys here still waiting for preview code to arrive.

Last edited:
I don't care either really. And I really do prefer a black cover with a logo. But, its still part of the lulz discussion, so why not ;)

Yep.

Soon bro. Guys here still waiting for preview code to arrive.

Will there be the assisted controls in the code?????

Obviously if it's the preview code, they wouldn't send out late code like that to so many people if it didn't have all the gameplay features in it.

Obviously if it's the preview code, they wouldn't send out late code like that to so many people if it didn't have all the gameplay features in it.

Well, konami is not so obvious like we think, my friend!

Lami, if you don't mind, i'd like you to use the assisted settings massively to tell us if it's going to be overpowered.

Try using it in regular dificulty (for those that are worried about the online as me) and top player.

If you will play enough time to use the manual settings, do it too.

edit:yes, try using it (assisted) against other player as well.

This is clearly a "masses" request. A request made from "fifaers" or "proevospammers". No way a purist would ever request something so exploitable and random as this. This will OBVIOUSLY be exploited if bad implemented, and the first attempt at something "gamechanger" is always risky and unstable, leading to exploits/frustrations.In a AI evolved as never game, this extra player control seems like a "salvation buoy" for those who can´t understand football but surely can understand, control and master, a video game gimmick who will give them weapons to use online and spoil true football fans experiences and expectations. It happens now with 2011´s never ending pressuring, triple tapping, and kick off exploits,it surely will in 2012 with the possibility of simply abusing random runs and over packing/spamming attacking moves with no realistic tactical sense or value. I love to play 2011 online vs true "footballers", not minding the final result, but playing to win every game enjoying the challenges that arise. Now this happens 5%, if so, of the time i play. 2012 could be a haven to purists with the advanced AI and possibilities but this feature reaks of weird formations/tactics and exploits. Konami still trying to please everybody, lending itself to these "innovations". Hope to be proved wrong,... please?

my points exactly.

Well the net shape maybe, but it still doesn't move the whole net like in FK (and real life) when you score, it's still very centralized movement. Ain't that right net lovers :SMUG:

Fuck stamina let them send all 11 players into the opponnents box and sprint back with R1 and x when you loose the ball.
I honestly dont know what to make of the off the ball runs anymore. It seemed interesting albeit not new in the first few videos but now it seems they are getting carried away.
What if I dont want the effin wingback to run forward?
Can I depend on his tactical awareness?
Can I order him not to cross the half way line?
And why is every video barr 2 about attacking? Defence is an art in football.
Feck it I am a die hard PES fanboy and I have never moaned this much before. Only time will tell what we are in for.

They should've shown how the A.I or a human player could defend against the off-the-ball control movement. Or is it only for when yer attacking?

THIS
And i agree with romagnoli too, but i'm not so drastic like him :))
At worst it will make worse online, but will give us the possibility to counter attack their players moving forwards and leaving gaps in defence

Seems like Adam got upset by my constant questioning.

Fair enough I got annoyed and defensive when one of the staffers there pretty much said that we at Evo-Web were criticising this to be fashionable(!!), but I was pretty much just asking questions and people who hadn't played the game were contemptuously saying things like "if you don't like it, don't use it" or "of course there's individuality, it's PES". If I then pointed out why those answers don't cut it, they'd literally just repeat the same thing??

Alan then replied which certainly was helpful. But it still felt a bit like the answer was 'this is PES, not FIFA', which might be enough for some people but I need more than that, so I asked more questions and said I was still concerned (which was an upgrade from Elmo's situation). But Ad seems to have taken it as me publicly saying I don't believe him, rather than prodding for more information by asking more questions. Shame, as that's not how it was meant at all.

I do really like WENB and particularly FSB. I enjoy the podcasts a lot, and they're great news sites. I just can't hack the forums.

Last edited:
Fuck stamina let them send all 11 players into the opponnents box and sprint back with R1 and x when you loose the ball.
I honestly dont know what to make of the off the ball runs anymore. It seemed interesting albeit not new in the first few videos but now it seems they are getting carried away.
What if I dont want the effin wingback to run forward?
Can I depend on his tactical awareness?
Can I order him not to cross the half way line?
And why is every video barr 2 about attacking? Defence is an art in football.
Feck it I am a die hard PES fanboy and I have never moaned this much before. Only time will tell what we are in for.

Well, if you use manual off the ball control you can change to the player and make he goes back if you don't want him to attack.

This is utter bollocks.

So now we have a glorified run trigger - just what the hardcore didn't want. I've accused FIFA of lazy programming i.e. using trigger runs to overcome their deficient AI. Konami cannot be accused of the same when they have clearly revolutionised the AI this year.

That's why I don't understand this inclusion. No-one has asked for it. It's an unnecessary addition. A waste of resources if you ask me.

This pretty much confirms PES2012 will be solely an offline experience for me. Such a shame as Konami were doing everything right this year. PES2012 will still be an excellent game, I'm sure of that, but it's tainted slightly by this.

I don't care what anyone says, this is a loss of player individuality in my opinion. A player is not judged just by what he does with the ball, but equally what he does without it. His positional sense, awareness and timing of runs. I don't want to see this bypassed.

I don't know, football games for me have been wholly unsatisfying on this generation of consoles, and I get the feeling old-fashioned football game purists like myself and most others here are not the target market for these games any more. I'm slowly drifting away from the genre with each passing year if I'm honest.

RE: the cover star - I think it's quite likely to be C. Ronaldo. He fits the description perfectly.

I can't understand how people are getting so upset about this feature without even playing the game and seeing how it works. I agree, we have to wait for Lami impressions.

There should be a poddy tonight so if it's good I'll try and coax him down. I expect we will get an indirect mention anyhow!

Last edited:
Maybe Konami realized limitations exist in trying to have the CPU predict when and where to make runs, and so here we are. We are still severely limited with this gen's tech of how well we can represent real world intelligence and variety, so maybe Konami saw the lesser of two evils to be giving the player greater control of how their teams play. Giving the gamer as much control as possible is one of the major trends of this gen's sports titles, so this ultimately shouldn't be that big a surprise.

To be honest, I'm less concerned about the loss in individuality than I am in the feature being implemented so that it doesn't unbalance gameplay - those videos showed runs being made without defenders displaying any clue as to what's going on. And irrespective of what difficulty levels they might have been on, that's all we have to go on at the moment.

Can we not talk about bloody Adam from WENB so much? He may be a useful source of news from time to time, but the guy's a total bellend who spends his online life surrounded by yapping 14 year old sycophants telling him he's The Man (for no particular reason), and he gets arsey when he's spoken to any other way. That weird cult of personality thing spills over into the forums, and it's why no actual debate is possible there. Let's just stick to talking about the game.

Although to be honest, I'm not sure how much there is to say until we see more - this new feature could either be great or it could ruin the game, impossible to tell from what's been shown so far.

Back
Top Bottom