PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Oh and I hope the off the ball controlling of a player never happens, would prefer to be in control of the ball carrier at all times and the AI/player individuality to determine what I do next.

For me thats why I call EA lazy with their player run button, renders the player traits useless.

You don't have to use it, and if you do use it it's up to you what you do with it, because you're not simply telling players to run up the field, you're choosing to do something different with your players, creating even more chances than the one's provided by the AI.

so the new gameplay feature is the ability to control 2 player at the same time :)

Last edited:
Finally, another great contribution of PES 2012 is the controlling players without the ball. Explained before the choice of "point" with the right stick the player you want to throw the uncheck, for the most experienced players there is the possibility of literally control two players at once, one with each analog stick. This chart can uncheck very complex moves, diagonal, combinations and walls will have the opportunity to create real strategies in the set pieces with this option for controlling players without the ball.
;)

No comment on this yet, but I think this could be the big change.
Give players a full game stamina bar and a short term stamina bar. This would stop both sprint whores and pressure whores from overusing these techniques. leading to a more tactical, realistic game. Game changing but may also not be well received by some, though I think most simulation fans will agree that this would be a positive change.
Haven't played 2011 for ages but didn't they try to introduce 2 stamina bars in that, but to no real effect?

That's what I want. Ironically though its already in PES 2011 Wii and I'm enjoying it, and don't get why it ain't in 2011 PS3/360. They should have it in 2012.

Finally, another great contribution of PES 2012 is the controlling players without the ball. Explained before the choice of "point" with the right stick the player you want to throw the uncheck, for the most experienced players there is the possibility of literally control two players at once, one with each analog stick. This chart can uncheck very complex moves, diagonal, combinations and walls will have the opportunity to create real strategies in the set pieces with this option for controlling players without the ball.
;)

Why no source? lol.

It's from this spanish site: http://www.vadejuegos.com/noticias/...occer-12-presentamos-su-active-ia-190011.html

So, confirmed, the new feature is that you're able to control two of your players at the same time, one with each stick. It could indeed change the way one plays the game, if it's done right and not too hard lol.

Yep, control 2 players at once with each analogue stick, thats tomorrows news.

To be fair it can be frustrating when you are looking at a player hiding behind the opposition defence and wishing you could pass to him, but then again thats part of the imperfections about the sport and the games based on them, shouting at the tv and players?

To be fair it can be frustrating when you are looking at a player hiding behind the opposition defence and wishing you could pass to him, but then again thats part of the imperfections about the sport and the games based on them, shouting at the tv and players?

It is an option right ? could be useful though.. hope they keep player stats influence this.. 50:50 user input:player stats

Ha.. thx God we wont see trigger run, yes ? :SMUG:

I guess it's really all down to how you decide to use it, I'm wondering if it works on defense too, and instead of just pressing square to having a second player automatically following the player with the ball, you can control to players the way you want it.

Controlling a second player with the right analogue stick? I don't get it. How am I going to use any of the face buttons to pass/lob/shoot etc. I hope they implement it sensibly.

It is an option right ? could be useful though.. hope they keep player stats influence this.. 50:50 user input:player stats

Ha.. thx God we wont see trigger run, yes ? :SMUG:

Yep, trigger run is shit and lazy programming.

Part of my opposition to controlling 2 players at once is I support Everton, Victor Anichebe is shit, badly.

I would hate for this to make him look good and intelligent.

However as pointing out controlling 2 defenders could be useful on a break but would still prefer the covering trait to be intelligent enough in players to be alert to the danger.

Controlling a second player with the right analogue stick? I don't get it. How am I going to use any of the face buttons to pass/lob/shoot etc. I hope they implement it sensibly.

That's why it was said it needed immediate explanation. Videos tomorrow probably won't be enough to do it.

told ya trigger runs weren't the name for it :P

I thought it was AI assisted, but it's not, it's probably really hard to master, no?

Yeah you guessed it right :)) about finding difficulty at first, i suppose so.

@Darth
Have you literally try a build with this features ?
I would like to know how player stats influence this, especially for the off ball that we are controlling, as you have give an example of your concern. hmmm

Last edited:

That was my initial thought. Unless you are an octopus, all you can do is move the player on the ball while controlling the off ball runner. Perhaps konami has done something ingenious with the shoulder buttons and L3 & R3.

Yeah you guessed it right :)) about finding difficulty at first, i suppose so.

@Darth
Have you literally try a build with this features ?
I would like to know how player stats influence this, especially for the off ball that we are controlling, as you have give an example of your concern. hmmm

No, but that is my concern, I am always a cynic first with new features.

The primary danger for this feature would be if it had a similar problem to the system FIFA in the PS2 days used to had, which is that, you pressed some button combination, and then could move around an off-the-ball player. That wasn't a huge problem - what was a huge problem was the ludicrous accuracy of the pass between the players.

Some people fear this because it's different, because it's not how the old PES's did it. That's not really fair. I do worry about how passing between the two players will work. If it is a case of pressing A, and seeing the ball ping between the players perfectly, this could be awful. We'll simply have to wait and see.

Last edited:
The primary danger for this feature would be if it had a similar problem to the system FIFA in the PS2 days used to had, which is that, you pressed some button combination, and then could move around an off-the-ball player. That wasn't a huge problem - what was a huge problem was the ludicrous accuracy of the pass between the players.

Some people fear this because it's different, because it's not how the old PES's did it. That's not really fair. I do worry about how passing between the two players will work. If it is a case of pressing A, and seeing the ball ping between the players perfectly, this could be awful. We'll simply have to wait and see.

I guess that's why it was said it could worry some at first, if not properly explained.

I guess it's really all down to how you decide to use it, I'm wondering if it works on defense too, and instead of just pressing square to having a second player automatically following the player with the ball, you can control to players the way you want it.

indeed this feature will be great if it could be used while defending. you close down a player with one defender, incase he tricks his way through you can have a backup! wow. this is gonna be real classy defending if so.

i just fear that this feature of controlling other player with right analogue doesnt become one of those tools which could be used to abuse the game. I hope AI deals with it equally.
I would wait for the explanation though.

you can do that by team mate pressure button as of now, no ?

yes team mate pressure is AI controlled, and sometimes it leave much to be desired. Also while playing with opponents you know, you can break down their attacks better,(because you know they repeatedly follow a particular move).
Team Mate pressure involves your 2 player going for the ball, but here i want 1 player to go for the ball n one remain close, just to tuck the ball away even he has got past my 1st defender.

I hope the new announcement is either the Euphoria engine, or injuries being massively tweaked. They've needed to be better for a while. I'd like to see stretchers, buggies and physios on the field. Leg breaks a possibility, with nearby players making the most of the wide-mouthed animations we've seen in screenshots already, OMG'ing it at the sheer horror.

Unlikely, I know.

They should definitely add something like that again, as part of the cinematics, more injury cinematics, people being stretchered off and you see the crowd stand up and applaud the player off as they are carried off on the stretcher in the distance, its all nice little touches :)

At first, the possibility of controlling two players at the same time sounds very good, but it must be well implemented and the defence must know how to counter.

It's all about balancing defence and attack.

Back
Top Bottom