PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Didn't the guy say that it's something the community has been asking for years or something along those lines. Maybe it's R2 shooting?

Yes that too, it was said that it's something some people have been asking about for a while now. Damn, if that's the case, why is it so hard to figure out lol.

@ WENB some folks seem to think it's a system that's like the PES for WII equivalent to something like trigger runs, where you let the AI control your player with the ball so you can move other players around and ask for the ball during play.

Tbh that sounds too good to be true, which means it would hardly ever worry anyone lol.

I'm struggling to imagine what it could be if it's a gameplay announcement. What is PES lacking in gameplay? Nothing obvious, certainly, not much I'd consider 'Big Announcement' worthy either. It has to be tricks really, because not much else makes sense.

i forgot that it needs on the fly tactics,ie when you move a player from say RM to LM the ball has to go out of play before the player will switch position. maybe theyve fixed it so that the players will move positions automatically. this also is a problem with changing formations as everything only changes once the balls goes out of play

Very nice preview from Zaavi: http://blog.zavvi.com/games/games-pro-evolution-soccer-2012-hands-on-preview/

Does this part sound like a hint towards what I posted above?
This means that pre-planning is key, and the ingenious new system that’s now used to switch between players (it’s all done via the right analogue stick) not only leaves more options open to you, it also shields some of your tactics from your opponent until the very last moment. Needless to say this extends to thrown-ins, corners and free kicks, and executing anything perfectly – goals especially, obviously – has never felt more like the result of your own hard work. But it’s the feeling that all of your team are constantly working together that makes PES 2012 feel so much more coherent than last year’s game.

Edit: I'm now pretty sure it's indeed something like the dead-ball control but for normal gameplay situations.

Last edited:
It'd be nice if they added those whipping waist height passes you can do in fifa....2 levels of passing height is outdated!!

Yes that too, it was said that it's something some people have been asking about for a while now. Damn, if that's the case, why is it so hard to figure out lol.

@ WENB some folks seem to think it's a system that's like the PES for WII equivalent to something like trigger runs, where you let the AI control your player with the ball so you can move other players around and ask for the ball during play.

Tbh that sounds too good to be true, which means it would hardly
ever worry anyone lol.

Forgive me if i have this wrong, but isnt that similar to what we already have with unassisted cursor control?

I think we should stop calling it trigger run because it seems to be something different, although with some similar outcome. This is exactly the reaction expected then lol.

If it's simply trigger runs I also won't like it. If it's something like the new dead-ball controls system applied to normal gameplay, than I'm all up for it.

Skysports understands it's one or more of

Rewind button
Flair Passing
Bullet time
Be A Steward
Cover system

Maybe during normal play the right analog stick acts as a first touch control like in FIFA?

EDIT: Actually probably not.....

Last edited by a moderator:
apart from the gameplay improvement (obviously) i only wish three things:
- more slots
- Portuguese league licensed (more leagues would be nice too...)
- boot editor (we have the model of the boot and we change the colours at will)
:WORSHIP:

Jeez, change the scoreboard first.

Yeah off the ball control for non-dead ball situation could be good addition, as long as the ai is not that dumb as in BAL lol. And please, no trigger button that works as in FIFA.

Oh one more, for whatever it is as long as it is still taking accounts player stats, strategy/tactcis setting.. then ok if it makes sol campbell can behave like iniesta then NO..

Or first touch control to get past an opponent/defender/guard.. we've seen that move in real world that is hardly done in a football game. One example is like villa's flick.. but stats based for level of success.

Apart from those two i am clueless

Last edited:
According to Adam the new feature due to be announced this week may not be to everyone's liking on first impressions, but will be explained in detail by Konami.

I don't really like how he hyped it like crazy calling it a game-changer, then now saying not everyone might like it. That's contradicting and he's been doing this for a while now. Hyping something then discovering it ain't all that then saying it might not be everyone's cup of tea, to stay on the safe side. This extra hyping isn't helping his bad reputation at all. He should learn. There are other ways to go about this, and he should know that.

Could it possibly be BAL and ML combined in the Football Life mode? Hence the "some people may not like it"??

I think they already said its gameplay related mate.

And I don't really get this trigger thing. If AI is intelligent enough, why do I even need it?

I'd prefer a proper stamina system.

Ah thanks Lami - I hadn't seen the specific reference to gameplay :P

Not sure it would be a trigger run button if they've done all the work on AI and considering you CAN already trigger a run directly after you pass the ball. Could they actually have made R2 shots curl? haha PLEASE!

By the sounds of all the hype, I'm hoping some kind of Bundesliga licence sneaks in there also :)

Maybe Football Life is something like the Scenario mode that was on International Super Star Soccer. Just guessing...:P

Back
Top Bottom