PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Gameplay looks awfull, just robotic passing and runing, no real battles, no tackling, this game is weird, some passes are just so unrealistic..

+1

hype mode is off

only one interesting thing is ML but i dont thing that i can play longer than 1-2 months :( too much similar to 2011

Last edited:
Don't agree. On the contrary, Serie A is finally climbing up after all Calciopoli affects and new teams, like Napoli, show it clearly.

Sorry, highly disagree. it's just been getting worse and worse every year! Italian teams are getting almost routinely embarrassed in Europe. this year was a all time low. AC and Inter the best two teams where embarrassed by Tottenham and Inter humbled by Schalke!

I'm sorry, there's no excuses fro being beaten by Tottenham and Schalke. 5 years ago AC and inter would had beaten those teams without much trouble! You would never have to hear an exuse like 'Zlatan had an off day' or 'Pato was unlucky' etc.. Even if AC and Inter didn't perfom well they would have scraped a result.

The best example is when AC in 2005/06 played Lyon in the quarter finals. Lyon played better over the two legs but AC still got the job done. Lyon where better back then than Tottenham where now.
I mean,come on Spurs at best are the 5th best team in England and Schalke again at best the 5th/6th best team in Germany!

Napoli while they have improved didn't do much in the Europa League. All the other Italian teams in the competition where woeful.

I don't go along with this excuse that Italian teams don't take the europa league seriously. They have lost a champions league spot because of their poor performance and the other top leagues don't take it anymore seriously that Italy do.

When Juventus will return to her winning ways, we shouls see a highly competitive league.

Again, exactly my point. If, but, when, I'm tired of waiting man. I've stood by this league for too long now! It's just going downhill, almost into a nosedive.

Prandelli's national team is playing good football as well - last friendly they played an even match with Germany (which is overrated on it's own because of superior tactics and traditional German profesionalism, imo).

I thought the last match they played was against Ireland and they lost 2-0? Then again it was an experimental side. Germany are a much better team in my opinion!

We should compare Serie A with La Ligue, which is, in my opinion, and not counting mighty Barca and Real, weaker and less interesting with these two teams always dominating and getting results like 7-0. French league is much weaker.

Of course, AAAAAA for AC Milan is ridiculous.

I'd say AC and Inter are better than OM and Lyon but the rest of the league is pretty much even! Firoentina, Udinese, Napoli, Lazio etc.. aren't much better than Rennes, Lille, Bordeaux, PSG etc..

Villarreal beat Napoli with some authority in the Europa League. I'd honestly say the Spanish league is superior, not by too much overall but noticeably superior!

+1

hype mode is off

only one interesting thing is ML but i dont thing that i can play longer than 1-2 months :( too much similar to 2011

sorry to say, but how can someone serious say those videos look like pes 2011? :SHOCK:

sorry to say, but how can someone serious say those videos look like pes 2011? :SHOCK:

They want it to look and possibly play like FIFA lol. Not hard to figure that out. What I don't get is why they want that and bang on it countless times, if they're obviously happy with FIFA.

I can see only one reason :

troll.jpg

According to Adam the new feature due to be announced this week may not be to everyone's liking on first impressions, but will be explained in detail by Konami.

I'd love it if they add a "random" factor for free kicks.You can practically never score from the goalkeeper side (except when the free kick is close to penalty box and you use a lot of power).In real football, a fraction of hesitation from the keeper, a well placed free kick and many other parameters can allow players to score free kick from the keeper's side.
I'm tired all of those free kicks you either bend around the wall or shoot over it.

Certainly sounds like trigger runs or something about quick freekicks/throw-ins.

edit: nah not about continuous play... £10 on trigger runs.

edit 2: I changed my mind, doesn't make sense now with the "smart" AI.

Last edited:
I seriously have only scored like 3 freekicks in my entire time playing pes2011, really cant figure out how it works properly :(

I scored two last night. It really depends on the player so much. I am playing with the classic patch on PC, and FK with Pirlo circa 2004 was just awesome. Will try Becks today.

After you aim it, hit the shoot button and then the normal pass button. That seems to give it a finesse shot. Sort of what R1 does for FIFA in Free kicks. Shoot button + through ball button is what L1 is to FIFA in FK. It hits them with power and they are good from far, gives it a lot of movement in the air with the right flick from the joystick.

Certainly sounds like trigger runs or something about quick freekicks/throw-ins.

edit: nah not about continuous play... £10 on trigger runs.

edit 2: I changed my mind, doesn't make sense now with the "smart" AI.

:LOL: C,mon Gab pull yerself together man.:COAT:

It's something purely gameplay related, that can worry at first and may need some explanations about how it works in PES 2012, but that turns out to be great. What could it be? I have absolutely no idea, every idea I've thought about FIFA so far exclude themselves from these characteristics lol.

There's a lot of good stuff they could copy from Fifa but there's a lot of rubbish too. Hopefully it's something good that only bothered some purists until they realised that not everything about Fifa is terrible (mostly it's just the execution that non-purists seem to have an issue with).

It's something purely gameplay related, that can worry at first and may need some explanations about how it works in PES 2012, but that turns out to be great. What could it be? I have absolutely no idea, every idea I've thought about FIFA so far exclude themselves from these characteristics lol.

only thing i can think of now is that theyve added a whole new trick system

Alreet, we can crack this! Maybe it has something to do with defending. Think big!

Could they have done something with the tricks? They already suck so that would only be good news to everyone. Hmmm, something you can choose to do if you want. optional thing while attacking could be: trigger runs, dive, flair pass/flair volley, silly trick, quick freekick, contextual touch (R-stick in fifa), some sort of super dribble mode while pressing R2.

Defending I have no idea... Maybe they implemented FIFA's horrible looking "Contain mode".

I'm struggling to imagine what it could be if it's a gameplay announcement. What is PES lacking in gameplay? Nothing obvious, certainly, not much I'd consider 'Big Announcement' worthy either. It has to be tricks really, because not much else makes sense.

Didn't the guy say that it's something the community has been asking for years or something along those lines. Maybe it's R2 shooting?

Back
Top Bottom