PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I am bringing up the most minor point imaginable i know but the current scoreboard is actually rubbish. It lacks any kind of slickness at all. I thought that when they introduced it in PES 2011 it was acting as a makeshift for the arrival of a better looking one for the next game but it may well be staying indefinitely.

Last edited:
Italy and Italian in general is highly, highly overrated in PES, and there's an issue with older players still being rated too high!

I'd say the french league now even is better than the Italian!

Don't agree. On the contrary, Serie A is finally climbing up after all Calciopoli affects and new teams, like Napoli, show it clearly. When Juventus will return to her winning ways, we shouls see a highly competitive league. Prandelli's national team is playing good football as well - last friendly they played an even match with Germany (which is overrated on it's own because of superior tactics and traditional German profesionalism, imo).

We should compare Serie A with La Ligue, which is, in my opinion, and not counting mighty Barca and Real, weaker and less interesting with these two teams always dominating and getting results like 7-0. French league is much weaker.

Of course, AAAAAA for AC Milan is ridiculous.

It's that time of the year when people are over-analyzing everything and then discussion if this is a 60 or 70% build.

About Portugal: IMO they are the most overrated national team in the world. When have they ever performed? A team that succeeds to loose 3 times in a row against Greece having been traumatised after each of the losses is either a team full of individualists or a very stupid team. Portugal are both.

? who ?

between 10:40 min and 10:50 min massive improvements to player response and awareness, just wanted to share the video, looking goood.

Last edited:

Haha, nice catch, that was me being a blind fanboy, i remember arguing with friends about the game being not that bad, and also getting bored with the game the next month after release.

But i wasn't soo blind and had some criticism too:

cesarpo said:
ok im aware running animations are very fast, the run like Sonic the hedge hog and that the demo lacks polish here and there, but hey, its a demo, and still its great and the full game will be better.
I was positive by that time too :( , and the fact that the animations sucked like that in 2007 and we are in 2011 with little to zero improvements makes me a sad panda.

Funny, no comments of you guys on this?
This is the real one! :BOP: Take a quick look before Konami discovers it as well :SHOCK:
Great off the ball running, no wrong player-switching as far as I can see and square shaped goals!

I saw many good comments out there for one uploaded by different poster on youtube.. yeah many nice stuff so far. good vibe

Last edited:
Haha, nice catch, that was me being a blind fanboy, i remember arguing with friends about the game being not that bad, and also getting bored with the game the next month after release.

But i wasn't soo blind and had some criticism too:

I was positive by that time too :( , and the fact that the animations sucked like that in 2007 and we are in 2011 with little to zero improvements makes me a sad panda.
Are you mad the animations in pes 2012 are in another world compared to pes 2008. Pes is going to be amazing this year enjoy

I am bringing up the most minor point imaginable i know but the current scoreboard is actually rubbish. It lacks any kind of slickness at all. I thought that when they introduced it in PES 2011 it was acting as a makeshift for the arrival of a better looking one for the next game but it may well be staying indefinitely.

No, I agree it looks terrible. Has done for years.

Even in the HD age, the presentation of PES leaves a lot to be desired. Things like the ugly fonts for player/team names, all player names in CAPITALS, and the general low-rent appearance of the menus, scoreboard etc.....really gets on my tits.

They're such easy things to improve, but Konami never do.

The reason no one is commenting the vid is because that guy simply took the other guy's video and gave it a different name lol.

Regarding scoreboards, agree, why are the default one's so basic and uninspired? Specially since CL and EL one's are spot on.

Last edited:
Agree. It's bizarre that the Champion's League and Europa League ones are so good, yet the standard scoreboards look pap. I could knock up a better design in MS Paint.

How about replacing scoreboard in that leaked video and add a tv logo with something sleek like this for example:

prvw00.jpg

you could still ask J.M to pass it to HQ though since i am sure this small thing shouldn't be hard for them to make and wouldn't take so long :SMUG:

If someone like yourself can knock that up in little time why can't Konami?

Please pass it on to Murphy.

Naah, it's not me. credits go to pc editor in pc editing forum. :WORSHIP: Kudos for them.

There is one good complete feedback back around april-may by a guy that includes this stuff and supposedly send to konami officially in other forum. I've tried to mention it to Lami and J.M too :P.

Waiting for Seabass & co.'s response. :JAY:

Last edited:
I think i may purchase the PC version this year. I'd like some fanciful aesthetics for a change.

If I had the funds for a new PC I'd be doing the very same thing. I'm getting tired of waiting for Konami to improve the aesthetics, and things like chants and crowd banners. It would also open up the option to add loads of the top stadia from around the world that Konami seem reluctant to add.

He won't care, even if PES suddenly became a gaming masterpiece he wouldn't care unless it became a "trend" to care about PES again. He's a sheep. Meeeeh

Last edited:
If I had the funds for a new PC I'd be doing the very same thing. I'm getting tired of waiting for Konami to improve the aesthetics, and things like chants and crowd banners. It would also open up the option to add loads of the top stadia from around the world that Konami seem reluctant to add.

Yeah the money issue is obviously a big factor but quite frankly it's got to a point where i feel like if i want to get the best out of the game then i need to buy the game for a system that's mod friendly. It would be my first PES on PC apart from PES 3 where i had many a bad time playing trying to play the game with a keyboard.

Last edited:
I'm the same, I don't think I'll be buying pes for the ps3 again until I know it's definitely okay, that game drove me crazy playing it online and made me stop, the response times and things like that while playing online just drove me absolutely bonkers, same with playing single player master league and with stamina problems etc. It's also a pain in the arse to update the option file with new kits, etc, it takes forever to copy all the files from the usb stick to the PS3, so I think I'm going to stick with the PC version of the game for the forseeable future, which is a shame, as I really want to take part in the league Jimmy is involved in, but PES2011 for the ps3 is just a bloody pain for me :(

It's also a pain in the arse to update the option file with new kits, etc, it takes forever to copy all the files from the usb stick to the PS3

The lack of a multiple copy function is crazy. It took me about two hours to copy across the G.T.M. Pro World option file and all the updates. Ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom