PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I don't agree about PES 2010 animations. Pes 2010 movements look similar to Pes 2009. It's look rigid and unrealistic in normal motion. Of course if You look for these animations in slow motion they look very nice but in normal ugly! Pes 2011 movements are x100 better than 2010 in normal motion when you play a game.

PES 2010 animation wise wasn't good, we all know that but my point is this:

Watch these videos i made to see how good the some of the motion captured ones looked really good on their own:
YouTube - PES 2012 Animations request part 1
YouTube - PES 2012 Animations request part 2

I hope you see my point a bit more after watching these, i mean to insert these well done motion capture animations into PES 2012 which has the fluidity to make these look outstanding.

I agree obviously in PES 2010 the transitions for animations! They where crap! all the running animations were garbage which really hurt how the game looked. They ran like they where in a tron movie, on a rail. But the motion capture was really good there.

PES 2010 animation wise wasn't good, we all know that but my point is this:

Watch these videos i made to see how good the some of the motion captured ones looked really good on their own:
YouTube - PES 2012 Animations request part 1
YouTube - PES 2012 Animations request part 2

I hope you see my point a bit more after watching these, i mean to insert these well done motion capture animations into PES 2012 which has the fluidity to make these look outstanding.

I agree obviously in PES 2010 the transitions for animations! They where crap! all the running animations were garbage which really hurt how the game looked. They ran like they where in a tron movie, on a rail. But the motion capture was really good there.

I know what you mean about these animations. For sure it's look nice but only in slow motion. All these animations are in slow motion. The same movements in normal game when you play look totally different. Do You know what i mean? It's strange becasue when you look for animations in Pes on replay it's present really nice. In game the same animations look rigid and ugly.

I don't mean to get bogged down in the visual aspects of the game too much but i really do hope they work on improving the aesthetics of goal celebrations. You go to all the trouble of scoring only to be greeted by some turgid piece of animation where your player runs at full speed, stops and then claps for about 3 seconds. No emotion or atmosphere whatsoever. It's very basic. Hell even the joke video lami posted the other day (some snes/megadrive game) had a better cutscene when you scored.

In addition. I can't be the only one who hates how when you score it's the norm to instantly press a to continue and skip the celebration. Like them or not Fifa's custom celebrations both allow the scorer to actively participate in celebrating their goal and for person they're playing against to have to watch it - it is in essence either their reward for scoring or their punishment for conceding.

I guess this is just one aspect of the numerous problems PES currently has with atmosphere.

PES2012 TEAMS STATS [E3 CODE]

KqaA5.jpg

Last edited:
I know what you mean about these animations. For sure it's look nice but only in slow motion. All these animations are in slow motion. The same movements in normal game when you play look totally different. Do You know what i mean? It's strange becasue when you look for animations in Pes on replay it's present really nice. In game the same animations look rigid and ugly.

You know what. I think you agree with me. Just your wording is different.

You say in slow motion it's good. Yes, that what I'm saying is. the animations i identified there just on their own, as separate with no transitions look very good and should be brought back.

You see this:

images
match-of-the-day-220x130.jpg

Just each animation there captured separately from when they motion capture it.

In full speed with transitions they don't look good in PES 2010 because the transitions and animation engine for that game was fucking shit to be polite :) .

Trust me, most if not all those animations i identified from PES 2010 will look great in PES 2012 because of the good transition and animation engine in PES 2012 :)

I don't mean to get bogged down in the visual aspects of the game too much but i really do hope they work on improving the aesthetics of goal celebrations. You go to all the trouble of scoring only to be greeted by some turgid piece of animation where your player runs at full speed, stops and then claps for about 3 seconds. No emotion or atmosphere whatsoever. It's very basic. Hell even the joke video lami posted the other day (some snes/megadrive game) had a better cutscene when you scored,

I agree mate, i think i've seen enough of the Forest Gump celebration

Does the grading system take in consideration how the team work together or is it only based on every individual? I guess some could argue that Germany is better as a team but a little worse player for player.

I don't mean to get bogged down in the visual aspects of the game too much but i really do hope they work on improving the aesthetics of goal celebrations. You go to all the trouble of scoring only to be greeted by some turgid piece of animation where your player runs at full speed, stops and then claps for about 3 seconds. No emotion or atmosphere whatsoever. It's very basic. Hell even the joke video lami posted the other day (some snes/megadrive game) had a better cutscene when you scored.

In addition. I can't be the only one who hates how when you score it's the norm to instantly press a to continue and skip the celebration. Like them or not Fifa's custom celebrations both allow the scorer to actively participate in celebrating their goal and for person they're playing against to have to watch it - it is in essence either their reward for scoring or their punishment for conceding.

I guess this is just one aspect of the numerous problems PES currently has with atmosphere.

While I agree that the game needs more emotion in areas such as goal celebrations and such, I definitely do not want the custom celebration system ala FIFA anywhere near PES.

It's especially annoying when you're playing against another person who celebrates his goalscorer doing the finger hush, airplane and arm-raising celebrations all in one scene. For a game that is highly acclaimed for having seamless animations, the FIFA custom celebrations make the players look like a bunch of turds.

I'd rather just sit back and have a breather after scoring a goal or taunt the opposing player just for the heck of it and subsequently rub it in his face by showing the replay once(offline only, mind :p).

I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather KONAMI make the celebrations as accurate as possible(more work into adding special celebration types and assigning them), and put more emotion into the generic celebrations.

I also noticed that whenever a player does a specific special celebration in PES, the other players won't go anywhere near him and just applaud from a distance.

Regarding celebrations, yes the "odd type" of celebrations are still there, hope they're fixed. Tbh I haven't seen any of the celebrations we have seen on the E3 trailer, maybe they aren't in? But you guys seen the celebrations on the penalty shoot-out? Totally new :D

I remember playing the old NBA Live game(06 I think it was), and there was an option to modify the facial expression of the players in edit mode. There was laid back, normal, hyped, etc.

KONAMI probably did something similar(probably not in edit mode) that allows players to change their expressions accordingly when taking snapshots for their avatars. :p

konami need to stop overating serie a teams,having ac milan a better team than barcelona is a bit of a joke,i wonder do they even watch the champions league and europa league,italian teams struggled in these competitions last season. Its as if konami just give high stats to these teams just because of their names. I bet juve will be an amazing team to play with again in pes 2012 with most of their team with overated stats even though they struggled in serie a last season and didnt qualify for any european competition this season. I think konami to to get people who are experts for each euro league to sit down and work out accurate stats for teams and players

Stats aren't made by Konami by the way. Either way, keep in mind stats and teams in general haven't been updated yet. Although I could see most of them stay that way, way too overrated. I'll let Klash post about that though. :P

So MIlan > Barcelona ?
Itália > Holland and Germany ?
Portugal > Germany and Holland ?

Really Konami ?

So MIlan > Barcelona ?
Itália > Holland and Germany ?
Portugal > Germany and Holland ?

Really Konami ?

Individually yes (not sure about Germany though), as a team, not really.

I hope they (and the company from who Konami gets the stats) take some time to go through everyone's stats. Like I was expecting klash to point out, this happens because some of the stats are 5 year old lol.

Last edited:
Trust me, most if not all those animations i identified from PES 2010 will look great in PES 2012 because of the good transition and animation engine in PES 2012 :)

I agree Klash it would look amazing and i hate to sound like a killjoy but, isnt preview code due to be released? I know things could still change a fair bit from now to release but animation wise i have the feeling that that will be on the to do list for 2013.

We both know through Jenkey's work that adding extra animations isnt that big a deal especially for someone like Konami but,if they were to give us the perfect game in all departments then would you want to fork out for 2013 just for some player updates? But then again they could still atract us with licenses & game modes. But i am not sure if that would be much of a lure to a pc gamer.

Anyway i just feel that if they were going to be in they would have done it by now, But hey never say never & seabass still has the power to make me look like a right twat.:SMUG:

People care too much about stupid numbers... that whole paranoid about player ratings and team ratings it´s pure bullshit for me.

I'll post my views later coparing the international teams.

At first, let's compare Spain vs Germany.

I persoanlly think that just because Spain won the latest doesn't mean they shold be A in all aspect. They are not a perfect team, so here is my view:

Physical
Germany - A
Spain - B

Technique
Germany - B
Spain - A

Offensive or Atack
Germany - A
Spain - B

Tatical
Both A

I'm not sure about defence of both, i think they are equal tbh (Pique and Puyol are Top players but Germany have a great defence system...)

Spain has a better technique due to their midfield and great pass and move game, but they are nowhere as danger as Germany in attack, that's very clear to me. Don't overate them for God's sake!

Yeah, I think anyone expecting something completely different from what we had so far regarding animations is going to be disappointed. It's all about fluidness, we seem to have plenty of that this year.

I hope they (and the company from who Konami gets the stats) take some time to go through everyone's stats. Like I was expecting klash to point out, this happens because some of the stats are 5 year old lol.

I know your are from Portugal but I honestly tink Portugal is tottaly overated there. Portugal is nowhere as strong as Germany and never was tbh. Don't want to be offensive.

We have to analize a team as a team. If Portugal is a stronger team individually, wich i think they are not (maybe they both are equal), this is only influences in the technique side.

But taticaly and the attack side imo Germany totally destroy Portugal, no offence.

It seems they are overating them due to C.Ronaldo, wich is a joke since he's nowhere dangerous in Porutgal

Germany and Holland are better than Portugal on both an individual and team level. The last World Cup and the qualifying campaigns are testament to that.

Apart from C. Ronaldo and possibly Fabio Coentrao, I don't think any other Portuguese player would make it into the German and Dutch first teams, although Portugal have some good midfield options.

But that's just my opinion. :))

People care too much about stupid numbers... that whole paranoid about player ratings and team ratings it´s pure bullshit for me.

I kind of agree. I was never a fan of the overall player ratings and I'm not sure about this new grading system either.

But I agreed with you lol. And that was already proven several times, Germany tactical rigor has crushed Portugal already before. Individually though I'm not sure, they are probably somewhat equal, although Portugal lacks a good striker and right back.

And yes, we should rate a team as a team, but that system in PES 2012 is obviously just adding up every individual's stats to the cake and making a medium. If they had separate stats/ratings accordingly to how each player performs in their national teams, those ratings would be much much lower.

Back
Top Bottom