PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Good question. What I meant by AI was not the actual positioning of the defenders, which I think was not bad considering this was an early build. Maybe I should have called it player awareness to intercept balls passing a foot away from them. They can easily intercept the ball, but they don't.

It was against a real opponent.

Thank goodness, it is not againts the cpu.

Wow,I'm not sure those vids should be popping up.

I've seen everything I wanted to see:-

-improved ball physics
-smoother animations
-players finding space & making runs
-Animated ground staff & coaches bring the whole thing alive
-Fecking square nets (it's only taken 6 years)
-removal of cut scenes
-Better keeper animations

It looks superb in every way and has my money, no problem.

It looks good. I really like the big changes in the AI, you can see it's not just empty talk from them, it's really there and it's impressive. I find it very frustrating that no one in the videos take long shots, I really would love to see how they behave now with the new ball physics. There was one example or two though, kind of failed shots that looked pretty good.

Also I find it funny in one video where they both really suck, and this one guy playing with spain times his shot really bad when the ball is knee high - and complain about what a rubbish shot it was...

But also like someone already mentioned, it does feel kind of like ping pong passing, because even if they hit passes in difficult angles, they always seem to reach the target almost perfect.

My concerns about the passing accuracy are not so much Xavi and Iniesta passing tightly, as with Alou Duarra passing 50 yards up the pitch with the outside of his boot straight to Benzema.

Just saw that pass, you forgot to mention that he hit this laser guided pass after spinning 180 degrees :LOL:. Am I rightin thinking that FIFA have introduced some sort of vision thing to stop unrealistic stuff like this?

Regarding post #2421.
Is that The Beatles holding up the Spanish flag? :P

drapeauo.jpg

Last edited:
i don't care if it's a old build. the keepers look worse. simple fact by watching the videos.

lol. Can't blame you for doing that really. But I didn't think you were that... "limited". Besides, you can't see anything in the video making them worst, they weren't great either, that's true, but it's also worth pointing out the difficulty level was locked on Professional.

Old build talk is bullshit considering the videos were taking on the Main Event of Pesfan which takes place this weekend if I remember correctly.

Old build talk is bullshit considering the videos were taking on the Main Event of Pesfan which takes place this weekend if I remember correctly.

Bullshit is you talking without having any idea what you're saying. The build is the same everyone has been playing in community events, so it's the E3 code, so it's from the first week of June or earlier. Why? Because the post-E3 code has a completely new feature that is yet to be announced.

Last edited:
i don't care if it's a old build. the keepers look worse. simple fact by watching the videos.

You should care that it's an old build, though.

I ain't going to judge it until I get my hands on it, if that's the demo then fair enough. I'm still hoping I'll get in the apparent BETA that's coming up.

Also, it angers me that idiots like this get to play the game early yet I'm stuck here having to watch them attempt to butcher 'football'.

Last edited:
All PES needs with animations now is just to put the right motion capture ones in.

In fluidity here's not much if any difference whatsoever now!

All PES needs with animations now is just to put the right motion capture ones in.

In fluidity here's not much if any difference whatsoever now!

It has some (very) good moments and some odd moments. It's a mix between the old and the new. Maybe this will improve even greatly between codes.

Having said that, I also hope for some variety regarding passing and crossing. It almost seems like PES has only one possible slot for crossing animations lol.

Look at these Videos:

1. Pes 2012

YouTube - (montaje por woxter05)

2. FIFA 09

YouTube - FIFA 09 (PS3) CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL MANCHESTER UNITED vs FC BARCELONA 1st HALF

For me animations PES 2012 and FIFA 09 are in the same level/quality. FIFA 12 have better movements than PES 2012 but i quess PES need one year to catch FIFA in this area. In this moment PES 2012 = FIFA 09 of animations quality/fluidity.

running animations is bad in pes 2012 while in fifa it's very good, it shows players are really running and not just moving their legs in a frenetic way
it's something to do with leg stretch during running animation

It has some (very) good moments and some odd moments. It's a mix between the old and the new. Maybe this will improve even greatly between codes.

Having said that, I also hope for some variety regarding passing and crossing. It almost seems like PES has only one possible slot for crossing animations lol.

It should do, but they need the right feedback and they need to be sensible. I said before some of the motion capture animations from 2010 been to be put back in, they look very solid and should make this game look incredible!

Crossing animations? errm i wouldn't be too sure there's just one for PES 2012, every time they crossed in that video they where spiting. Nobody crossed while at a slow pace or stopped.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but maybe the massive gameplay changer thing is stamina? If implemented correctly then it surely should change everything, specially sprinting for 90 mins.

The crossing animation in itself is one thing and the cross variations (trajectories) is another.The animations aren't what interest me the most right now, a more realistic crossing system is

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but maybe the massive gameplay changer thing is stamina? If implemented correctly then it surely should change everything, specially sprinting for 90 mins.

adam's answer seem to indicate otherwise, even if he said Murphy talked about team still working on stamina system

I should do, but they need the right feedback and they need to be sensible. I said before some of the motion capture animations from 2010 been to be put back in, they look very solid and should make this game look incredible!

Crossing animations? errm i wouldn't be too sure there's just one for PES 2012, every time they crossed in that video they where spiting. Nobody crossed while at a slow pace or stopped.

At last, i haven't yet seen that awkward corner kick style crossing animation :BOP:

Yup, regarding animation i hope konami really look back at good thing they could nail in previous version and in the future doing their unique stuff. And no never copy FIFA :TTTH:

It should do, but they need the right feedback and they need to be sensible. I said before some of the motion capture animations from 2010 been to be put back in, they look very solid and should make this game look incredible!

I don't agree about PES 2010 animations. Pes 2010 movements technically look similar to Pes 2009. Difference was in varied. It's look rigid and unrealistic in normal motion. Of course if You look for these animations in slow motion they look very nice but in normal ugly! Pes 2011 movements are x100 better than 2010 in normal motion when you play a game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom