PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I've read 5 or 6 of those French articels.
The French press has played a hands-on of PES2012 and all the commentaries are very positive.
PES2012 is an improvement of an already rather good PES2011.
Changes: the AI, better graphics, much better player changes.
All in all no news, but an independent comfirmation that PES2012 looks very promising.

To be fair: one preview concluded that PES2012 is a big step in the right direction but that it is still two years back compared to FIFA.

animation and collision department maybe yes, the rest is a tie, if not better on pes

What is two years back compared to Fifa Gerd ? :CONFUSE:

Fifa hasnt even come to close to nailing football yet, ever. In my opinion. PES is so, so, so far ahead in terms of technical representation that even with a Hubble telescope, I still cant make out EA Sports in Konami's wake.

Read my post.

"To be fair ONE PREVIEW concluded..."

Don't the shoot at the pianist.
I prefer PES to FIFA because each player and team feels different (although not always accurate). But IMO they are rather close to each other.
And having played quite a bit of FIFA the last years, i'm fed up with editing all teams...i want correct kits, teams that have proper names and second divisions...

I used to be a big ML fan, but now i'm playing leagues as i can't be arsed to make a second division every time i want to start a new ML. Before Christmas i edited every single fake team in the game for a ML. New i want to start another one, but i will not do that again...it took me two months...

I know that gameplay is important, the most important thing...but those second divisions are also part of realism...

people seem to ignore pes's problems because fifa are so shit right now. it has always been a comparative thing, if pes has been bad fifa has been good or vice versa, which is not a valid argument. they can both be shit too.

problem with pes is that it is still far away from being a simulation. yeah for sure much closer to simulation than fifa but pes 2011 was influenced a lot by barca's tiki taka imo. the ai was very static and the common play style was move the ball ie no target man or counterattack play rewarded as much as possession. this is obviously not a good thing if you want a sim.

what makes pes maturing towards their simulation goal while fifa not improving much every year is the base of their game engine. fifa's engine has been the same. ball movement esp in assisted and semi are very scripted and that is the biggest problem with fifa. everything is perfect. pes have a better engine engineered for freedom but to use that luxury you need a better system such as animations and ai to go on top of it and this system is gradually getting better and better so in a few years we might be able to say they have finally nailed it. but as far as fifa goes it has been the same since fifa 10 with eye candy changes to it every year for the kids who buy it. who gives a shit about being a goalkeeper?

Read my post.

"To be fair ONE PREVIEW concluded..."

Don't the shoot at the pianist.
I prefer PES to FIFA because each player and team feels different (although not always accurate). But IMO they are rather close to each other.
And having played quite a bit of FIFA the last years, i'm fed up with editing all teams...i want correct kits, teams that have proper names and second divisions...

I used to be a big ML fan, but now i'm playing leagues as i can't be arsed to make a second division every time i want to start a new ML. Before Christmas i edited every single fake team in the game for a ML. New i want to start another one, but i will not do that again...it took me two months...

I know that gameplay is important, the most important thing...but those second divisions are also part of realism...

just download option file
there are many option files for pes 2011, and djdaymos is creating a new pes 2012 option file for xbox 360 even before pes 2012 release date

yo can already see ball physics and response times are much better. also a few new animations. defensive AI is still shit tho. you can see that from video 3 england defender.

Last edited:
+1!

OFf the ball is awesome!
IS someone notice on 6 video,one guy behind goal is walking,hands behind,and wathcing :) Also when score goal,some journalist behind goal is aplauding :D :WORSHIP:

Sincerely, I expected much more from the videos. Animations look so weird, I supose it's an early version but I'm very disappointed

Sorry guys but I don´t see anything much better than before.:SHOCK:
I hope this video is from prebeta version. Nothing impressive.

Looks so much more cleaner and organic than PES 2011. Ball physics look far more realistic already compared to PES 2011's weighted ball.

The animations are fluid, wide cam looks great, graphical detail has been improved as has the lighting and the AI looks good for once. Very impressed. Cant wait for the beta.

I'm putting all of the videos together now,

and making a video which just shows the PES 2012 footage. Maybe the animation junkies won't get mixed up between PES 2011 and 2012 :LOL:

Videos look really good. The game seems much more alive.

On the 'dummy runs' video @ 0:27 secs the defensive A.I is poor. I think it's Meireles (Portuguese player) holding off instead of chasing earlier. By the time he does it's too late.

the shooting looked more crisp and right, some pretty nice additions, especially the off ball controls

Videos look really good. The game seems much more alive.

On the 'dummy runs' video @ 0:27 secs the defensive A.I is poor. I think it's Meireles (Portuguese player) holding off instead of chasing earlier. By the time he does it's too late.

In all honesty we know what's the deal with feature showcasing videos, they weren't playing in the top levels for sure. It's easy to detect that 'cause there's barely no pressure on the guy with the ball.

By the way, for those looking for OTT FIFA-esque animations and a completely different game from PES 2011, you might as well forget that and save it for yourselves 'cause that's not what PES 2012 is about, so you won't see it.

Although it's fair to say animations look sooo much fluid.

videos made one thing clear: pes 2011 has a very poor, very linear, very 1 dimensional AI.

which is why i stopped playing the game a long time ago, even if it had its moments.

annoying voice btw. these videos make no sense right now, right now people want something fresh and excting not this kinda of explanations.

market failure if u ask me, still i am looking forward to the game. but ps2 pes all had better AI than this.

Last edited:
videos made one thing clear: pes 2011 has a very poor, very linear, very 1 dimensional AI.

which is why i stopped playing the game a long time ago, even if it had its moments.

annoying voice btw. these videos make no sense right now, right now people want something fresh and excting not this kinda of explanations.

market failure if u ask me, still i am looking forward to the game. but ps2 pes all had better AI than this.

BS, you can't know that until you've played it.

also noticed the goalkicks and goalkeeper movement has been nicely revamped, looks so fluid. can't wait til i get my hands on this now

Eh? How are a bunch of videos marketed through the world's largest social neworking site showing off the game's core improvements a marketing failure?

There are serious, proper improvements to the game AI on show here, I'm really optimistic. If people find them boring then, well, enjoy EA's yearly installment of "pro passing +++++++". I'm sure flashy gimmicks hiding poor gameplay will sort you right out.

Looks worryingly easy to get your full back free in an advanced position. Cut backs could be a massive problem, especially if there are going to be loads of players running into the box.

Back
Top Bottom