PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

To add. The problem with low crosses is a symptomatic problem of all types of crossing in PES. They're all so basic it is rather pathetic. You can pull each type of cross off perfectly each time regardless of the position and speed of movement of both the player and the ball. Of course the AI is just awful at cutting them out at present as you've pointed out which certainly doesn't help either.

There's more wrong with crossing at current than there is right. Why can you never scuff a cross for starters? Why when i'm running full speed down the wing and being preferred by a defender am i able to get my desired cross in perfectly each and every time. Why do the aforementioned factors (speed, pressure, ball movement, angle) play no part in the ability to cross whatsoever? Konami needs to address this if they're ever going to get rid of this exploit. It simply isn't just an AI issue, it is an inherent issue of the crossing/physics mechanics at present.

Bingo mate, crossing is so prehistoric and vague it's in desperate need of not only updating but overhauling. Yes i'm aware there is more to crossing then meets the eye i.e; pulling down one the anologue chips the ball in and left and right curls etc. But why so cryptic?

Why can't they just take note from what FIFA does right and just copy it? yes i understand not wanting to look like your ripping off elements of a rival game but sometimes, there are just things that only work one way. Crossing on FIFA is an example, others are the use of the right anlolouge stick for multiple uses, such as to knock the ball forward, take a heavy 1st time touch in a certain direction, something pes doesn't quite allow as the ball sticks very closey to the players feet no matter the situation.

To add. The problem with low crosses is a symptomatic problem of all types of crossing in PES. They're all so basic it is rather pathetic. You can pull each type of cross off perfectly each time regardless of the position and speed of movement of both the player and the ball. Of course the AI is just awful at cutting them out at present as you've pointed out which certainly doesn't help either.

There's more wrong with crossing at current than there is right. Why can you never scuff a cross for starters? Why when i'm running full speed down the wing and being pressured by a defender am i able to get my desired cross in perfectly each and every time. Why do the aforementioned factors (speed, pressure, ball movement, angle) play no part in the ability to cross whatsoever? Konami needs to address this if they're ever going to get rid of this exploit. It simply isn't just an AI issue, it is an inherent issue of the crossing/physics mechanics at present.

No, it's not as bad as your making out. Yes, there is a need for crosses do need to be scuffed once in a while due to body position and if your in a tussle, i agree, but not every single cross i attempt is perfect! I do tend to over hit crosses when the player attempts it on his weaker foot and they certainly aren't perfect every single time.

It's not as much about the quality of the delivery either, it's about the timing to ensure there is a target to hit. More often than not, a ball can be whipped in, but players haven't made up the ground to connect. It's a million miles away from previous years, timing is crucial. I agree with Klash, I dont think it's as easy as your making out.

Unless of course we are talking about the horrific success of the dreaded 'Triple- Tap'.

And, for this Football Life:

Maybe a mode where you start as a young player, making a succesful carreer and then, after your retirement, you become a manager. Many players did so (just look at Guardiola these days). I think it will be a great thing but a year is not enough to do the entire carreer in both player and manager :(

Football life is going to have options. I'm not going to play through BAL just to get to the ML bit. What I hope might be the case is that there could be a ML where you start with a lower league team and then get offers from better teams as you progress. That would be sweet.

Football life is going to have options. I'm not going to play through BAL just to get to the ML bit. What I hope might be the case is that there could be a ML where you start with a lower league team and then get offers from better teams as you progress. That would be sweet.

Really hope that's the case. It's the most logical thing to do for everyone, but we know Konami tends to be unlogical lol. But tbh I think that's exactly it, they knew one of the requests was to be able to change teams in Master League. So they grabbed the opportunity to make a new game mode that gives you the freedom of a real footballing career, in all aspects.

Really hope that's the case. It's the most logical thing to do for everyone, but we know Konami tends to be unlogical lol. But tbh I think that's exactly it, they knew one of the requests was to be able to change teams in Master League. So they grabbed the opportunity to make a new game mode that gives you the freedom of a real footballing career, in all aspects.

Maybe the fact that we can see real managers in game this time adds to this?

Maybe it's nothing for most but has anything been mentioned about length of goal kicks or even long balls ? In real football, keepers can actually score goals from kick such is the distance they cover with their kicks.
It'd be nice if a full bar during a goal kick or long pass would actually go that long, it'd make long passing more challenging to learn and more realistic

Maybe the fact that we can see real managers in game this time adds to this?

Oh, maybe! Jon Murphy did said there was something in store regarding managers in PES 2012. Connecting dots, heh.

Maybe it's nothing for most but has anything been mentioned about length of goal kicks or even long balls ? In real football, keepers can actually score goals from kick such is the distance they cover with their kicks.
It'd be nice if a full bar during a goal kick or long pass would actually go that long, it'd make long passing more challenging to learn and more realistic

I'm not 100% sure but, with the new right stick dead-ball control thingy, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to pass it from goal-kick to whatever player you want no mater where he is.

Anderson, you cant steal Lami's avatar, it's way too confusing already. :CONFUSE:

Well if thats "Lami style" i am all for it, get one together Lamster and i will be around in 5. :))

Seriously though, i was mulling this over last night and its most probably been discussed more times than sensei(millia) Tataksuta has had bongs but, do you think that playing on top player cancels out the form and the stats to a degree to make it harder? its something i saw mentioned a while back and i just wondered what your take on it was?

In contrast to this i have also seen it said that pro level seems harder than world class. so i am a bit(old) & confused. :CONFUSE:

It's not as much about the quality of the delivery either, it's about the timing to ensure there is a target to hit. More often than not, a ball can be whipped in, but players haven't made up the ground to connect. It's a million miles away from previous years, timing is crucial. I agree with Klash, I dont think it's as easy as your making out.

Unless of course we are talking about the horrific success of the dreaded 'Triple- Tap'.

What frustrates me so much about triple tap is that on top player, it's not an issue. On regular it's at times unstoppable!

Just to clarify, the video will be released this Thursday 14th, not next Thursday.

14 July · 13:00 - 14:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video Premiere only on facebook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Created by:

Pro Evolution Soccer

More info

Join the exclusive PES 2012 Gameplay Video Premiere Event and be among the first fans who get priority access to a range of videos showcasing the improvements of PES 2012!

RSVP to our event now and get early access to these videos.

Video Links will be posted on this page at the following time:

14th July 2011 13:00 (Central European Time)

14th July 2011 12:00 (UK time)

13th July 2011 02:00 (US Westcoast Time)

Please use google to find out the right time for your timezone.

Make sure to come back to get your exclusive PES 2012 video

Last edited:
Premiering your video by making people join the Facebook group. That's exactly the same thing Fifa got bashed for with screenshots but i guess that because it's PES it'll be okay. Am i right fellas? ;)

Premiering your video by making people join the Facebook group. That's exactly the same thing Fifa got bashed for with screenshots but i guess that because it's PES it'll be okay. Am i right fellas? ;)

Are you talking about the FIFA video announcing two screenshots, or was it another one :APPLAUD:

Either way, both the PES page and the event are public so anyone can access it actually. I know you're not serious but I actually wish Konami had half of the marketing gimmicks EA knows. They could and should advertise their game better.

I'm sure someone will do a screen capture and post it on you-tube, with the subsequent over-analysis that comes with it. "Purple plastic on the end of his shoelace at 1:34!!! I love you Konami!!!"

I'll upload it to my channel as soon as it goes online.

IF there are not streamers in the crowd I'm cancelling my pre order!

Technically neither since PM and AM mean after and before midday. It's on 12:00 on a 24hour clock. Noon, not midnight :P

Então será meio dia ou meia noite ?

Se for meia noite já é praticamente na sexta no horário de Portugal e no Reino Unido (12:01 já é sexta e não quinta hehehe), então eu acho que deve ser ao meio dia daí, que equivale às 8:00 da manhã aqui no Brasil.:))

Se for meia noite já é praticamente na sexta no horário de Portugal e no Reino Unido (12:01 já é sexta e não quinta hehehe), então eu acho que deve ser ao meio dia daí, que equivale às 8:00 da manhã aqui no Brasil.:))

Foi o que eu quis dizer :) Midday = Meio-dia. Quinta-feira, Meio-dia de Portugal e Reino Unido ;)

Foi o que eu quis dizer :) Midday = Meio-dia. Quinta-feira, Meio-dia de Portugal e Reino Unido ;)

Ah, é verdade. Agora entendi perfeitamente.;)

Hell yes!

:P

Back
Top Bottom