PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

SteveM, one of marketing guys for PES 2012, is answering questions @WENB. Anyone wants to ask anything?

Have the auto clearances been completely removed from the game?

A bit too late mates (tbh I noticed it too late already lol), he said something came up and isn't there anymore. Says he'll be back Wednesday, but I'll post here what he has answered so far. In a minute.

This pic was posted on twitter:

img00953201107100021.jpg

Apparently this is Football Life's logo. Compared to 2011, the logo is placed between CL and league/cup, where ML and BAL are. It looks like both vanished and FL replaced them. Have they gone fifa-style about this?

2011 main menu for comparison sake:

25qsmsg.jpg

Hamm, interesting, but I think the menus are alpha because they are 1: 1 with those of PES 2011 , konami will definitely work more on them. But yes, BAL + ML maybe is Football Life!

Hamm, interesting, but I think the menus are alpha because they are 1: 1 with those of PES 2011 , konami will definitely work more on them. But yes, BAL + ML maybe is Football Life!

We have been said they'll be pretty much like PES 2011 menus, except now there's videos of UCL and EL playing in the background now. That we can't see there.

Now we're getting somewhere - the logo is indeed something in between both logos.

I'm curious, to say the least, though I believe that both modes deserved their own individual mode.

What I'd like to have, as an option, is to load my ML or BAL game from 2011 and continue it in 2012... I don't have as much time nowadays as I used to have, and I end up playing few seasons every year...

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Just want to share good news my Q&A with Marvin prorevo.de if one interested regarding this

"@Marvin_Ronsdorf In PES 2011 after passing while jogging/sprinting, player directly stop then move again. is it still that bad ? #PES2012

@Thespeedster84 Good news. That's definitely fixed in the version I played. #pes2012 #Q #A
"

I dont put my hope too high with konami's effort on animation. But seeing this taken care of to some level at least is going to make the game more free-flowing.. :SMUG:

SteveM's presence @ WENB:

Supernova said:
SteveM said:
We're gearing up for a new series of announcements as we speak, so a lot of your wishes will soon be satiated.

Will give you a heads-up when I can.

Glad everyone is stoked for the new game, you have every right to be. It's a country mile better than anything I have played in... oooh, five years.

Steve

I assume this is regarding the 'innovation' the guys from proevo were saying are embargoed? ;)

SteveM said:
Yep. A real game changer...

SteveM said:
I genuinely do not want to spoil it or even hint about it. I can answer a lot of stuff based on what is already out there if you have any questions, but am not going to budge on the next batch of news.

Not teasing, just giving you a heads-up.

Supernova said:
tunizizou talked about this still being in the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd436xh-83k&feature=relmfu#t=01m14s

any idea if it's being worked on?

SteveM said:
First up, that footage is from the early days of PES 2011, so I wouldn't worry too much. The general consensus is that the game moves much more fluidly now, which ties in with the intelligent runs from the Active AI system.

And, yes, I have code. I am in the middle of writing various gamescom things and out and about seeing press tomorrow and Thursday, but will pop by to answer stuff while I can. I will be on here until about 4:30 today, so will try and answer what I can...

Steve

_anderson said:
The thing is, that was early PES 2011 days but still got on final release and we've seen some of the people that playtested PES 2012 saying it's still in (although Adam said it wasn't in in the code he played at Konami UK). Fluidity is indeed a consensus from everyone that played it, which is great

Well, here's a Q, does the fully manual setting allow manual crosses without having to press L2?

SteveM said:
I have yet to see any such animations, and have played it for several hours every day. Adam has played my build here, so I am going to back him up on that one.

The new control system has several different options forscaling down pass support, etc, and I am currently on one above full manual as I get used to it. Will have a go on fully manual tonight and get back to you.

Furia said:
Steve, silly question and maybe not as important to other users (sorry guys), but do you know if the new Juventus stadium is in the game?
Thanks in advance :)

Richard221177 said:
Steve how is the cursor switching whilst playing co op. My brother and i have always played pes this way but found it terrible in pes 11. Thanks for answering our questions.

SteveM said:
I can only answer on what is the current code, Furia - so stadia, etc, will be detailed later down the line. Cursor switching in co-op is incredibly slick, Richard221177. No complaints there at all.

G7SEV said:
Hey Steve, in PES2011 there was an annoyance that happened to players when a through ball happened. The defenders would stall or slightly turn their back to the ball that is passing a foot in front of them allowing for the ball to pass through to the oncoming attacker. Have you seen instances of this in your build?

Richard221177 said:
Steve is shooting a priority for the dev team at the mo as its seems to be widely reported that its a slight issue

footballlover11 said:
hey steve can u confirm that the subs bench where manager is on the top side of the screen when playing in wide cam?would make sense so it can be seen alot more than if it was on the bottom :)

cheers m8

SteveM said:
Right, in order, and these may be the last today as something has come up! Will be back on Wednesday!

G7SEV: The whole through ball issue has gone. Defenders now mark zonally, and react to the movements of players and not the ball. As such, even if a good ball is played, the defence will pressurise the forward and close them down as oppose to pausing and then reacting.

Richard221177: We have a number of things we are working on, but the team has been made aware of the shooting comments. We have along way to go yet!

Footballlover: Have only played at the Nou Camp int he current build, and concentrate more on the game than the surroundings! I guess they will be where they are in real-life. Again, will boot it up and have a look for you!

Thanks very much Anderson. :WORSHIP:

How many people here have actually calibrated their TV's and xbox/PS3 inputs? I have and it makes a big difference. I did it for my friend's TV's and their washed out FIFA colours look much easier on the eyes and PES looks more natural, which I think it is to begin with anyway. I think sometimes FIFA looks like you're watching a game on TV but PES feels like you're out there playing a game or watching from a good seat in the stands.

Yes I have, although not a professional calibration. I used a calibration blu-ray with loads of test patterns to get the brightness, contrast and colour levels as good as possible. It really highlights how bad TVs look on default settings. The colours are more muted now, which takes some getting used to, but then you realise how much more natural they look.

All my inputs go into my amp and from there to the TV so I only had to calibrate one HDMI. Definitely recommended to improve TV viewing and gaming.

I'm going to PES 2012 community day this Saturday (16/07) and I'll get to play a couple of matches. If the guys at Evo-Web have any questions regarding gameplay etc I'll try to look for them and answer them. Obviously certain things may not be discussed until the embargo is lifted, but you can give it a try.

Primitive at best? Can you tell who a player is? If so, they've achieved their job lol

Of course they achieve their job, I'm not criticising the game's graphics, but in terms of someone claiming the graphics are photorealistic, then they still are primitive. They look accurate to an extent, but certainly not 'real'.

I'd actually argue that PES faces look far more realistic than their FIFA counterparts, but I still don't think either have reached anything near the level of looking photorealistic. Of course you can tell who is who and the level of detail is great, but for anyone to state that FIFA's exaggerated facial features, 'glossy' skin texures that look rubberized, etc etc, are near photo realistic is just a bit silly really.

I think PES produces more accurate close up faces, FIFA wins out in body animation. But FIFA is certainly not, as was suggested, so photo realistic that the brain starts to make itself think it's cartoony somehow. They look cartoony because they have saturated colours, zombie-like faces with no expressions whatsoever, and the lighting environments they are set in are not at the level to make objects within them look photo realistic.

Don't get me wrong, the faces in both still look great, but I'm not kidding myself that they look like you are seeing 'real' life, because they don't.

Last edited:
Thanks very much Anderson. :WORSHIP:

Yes I have, although not a professional calibration. I used a calibration blu-ray with loads of test patterns to get the brightness, contrast and colour levels as good as possible. It really highlights how bad TVs look on default settings. The colours are more muted now, which takes some getting used to, but then you realise how much more natural they look.

All my inputs go into my amp and from there to the TV so I only had to calibrate one HDMI. Definitely recommended to improve TV viewing and gaming.
How do you do this?

Wow I forgot about that calibration tool on the Pixar discs. Thanks jamez.

As for anyone who is under embargo but can answer questions we laready know the answer to (erm wtf)

I would like to know if the low cross and cutbacks are still in the game as well as the kickoff chip. Infact do Konami purposefully put easy goal getting glitches in the game?

Wow I forgot about that calibration tool on the Pixar discs. Thanks jamez.

As for anyone who is under embargo but can answer questions we laready know the answer to (erm wtf)

I would like to know if the low cross and cutbacks are still in the game as well as the kickoff chip. Infact do Konami purposefully put easy goal getting glitches in the game?

why shouldn't them be in the game ?

Everything should be in the game...but NOTHING should be so easy or so effective that people use it as a cheap and easy method to score. The same applies to FIFA - the sign of a great football game is one that allows you to play in any style you like, which hopefully makes you go with the flow of the game, rather than forcing goals through proven ways of scoring.

Ok, this 'Football Life thing'.

What do you think they have done? I think they have combined all of Master League and Be a Pro elements into one mode so you can choose if you want to

- be a player
- be a manager
- be both player or manager

or maybe even

- Be a player but you can play as the entire team if you choose to do so, so you move with your player club to club.

Also you can start with your player, retire then go on to management.

I suppose this was pretty easy since BAL and ML where very similar in their layout and how they worked.

What new features do you think they have added? Change clubs as a manager? Better league scheduling (more true to life) More injuries? Young players? Brought back press conference?

Last edited:
It's BAL mate ;)

If they do that then they've gone Fif-style.

Tbh, all I care about now mostly is getting offers from clubs and moving or getting sacked if I don't meet expectations.

Also I hope they bring back player trading.

It's BAL mate ;)

If they do that then they've gone Fif-style.

Tbh, all I care about now mostly is getting offers from clubs and moving or getting sacked if I don't meet expectations.

Also I hope they bring back player trading.

:CONFUSE: Why does copying a game mode means they've gone FIFA-style? Besides, BAL is much better than BAP!

why shouldn't them be in the game ?

I think Zee meant to say that they are exploits, because cutbacks happen in real life but your defenders will not let a forward beat them and get to the 5 yard line 70% of the time, and your keeper will not be caught in no-mans-land 90% of the time.

Low crosses sometimes pass by 3 defenders who just need to stick a leg out, but then inexplicably let the ball go 80% of the time, unless you use super cancel where your chances are better, yet still not realistic.

This issue was even more apparent in PES2010, 2011 went a long way to eliminating it but it is still a cheap exploit which should be completely eliminated.

I play online lots and 95% of goals I cop are

-cutbacks to open forwards.
-low crosses after whoring messi/ronaldo
-low crosses from freekicks 30-40 meters out (where defenders just watch the damn thing)
-high balls to a forawrd who headers back and to the side, to a wide open winger for a dangerous situation.

If al of the above exploits were eliminated, real/barca online whores would be hard pressed to shoot on goal let alone score, or win.

If I copied you entirely then yes, if I, for instance, as an example, and hypothetically, copied your avatar, not really! :P

:LOL:

You actually got me there! You got me thinking "When did I say that?"

Football Life... So lets say it replaced ML&BAL, what is going to happen to MLO then? Will it still be called "ML"O? FLO?

I think Zee meant to say that they are exploits, because cutbacks happen in real life but your defenders will not let a forward beat them and get to the 5 yard line 70% of the time, and your keeper will not be caught in no-mans-land 90% of the time.

Low crosses sometimes pass by 3 defenders who just need to stick a leg out, but then inexplicably let the ball go 80% of the time, unless you use super cancel where your chances are better, yet still not realistic.

This issue was even more apparent in PES2010, 2011 went a long way to eliminating it but it is still a cheap exploit which should be completely eliminated.

I play online lots and 95% of goals I cop are

-cutbacks to open forwards.
-low crosses after whoring messi/ronaldo
-low crosses from freekicks 30-40 meters out (where defenders just watch the damn thing)
-high balls to a forawrd who headers back and to the side, to a wide open winger for a dangerous situation.

If al of the above exploits were eliminated, real/barca online whores would be hard pressed to shoot on goal let alone score, or win.

To add. The problem with low crosses is a symptomatic problem of all types of crossing in PES. They're all so basic it is rather pathetic. You can pull each type of cross off perfectly each time regardless of the position and speed of movement of both the player and the ball. Of course the AI is just awful at cutting them out at present as you've pointed out which certainly doesn't help either.

There's more wrong with crossing at current than there is right. Why can you never scuff a cross for starters? Why when i'm running full speed down the wing and being pressured by a defender am i able to get my desired cross in perfectly each and every time. Why do the aforementioned factors (speed, pressure, ball movement, angle) play no part in the ability to cross whatsoever? Konami needs to address this if they're ever going to get rid of this exploit. It simply isn't just an AI issue, it is an inherent issue of the crossing/physics mechanics at present.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom