PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I'm curious to what more things to there are about managers, which he still can't talk about. Editing managers? Something similar to manager mode?

Disappointed to be honest. Seems like he only answered questions that we already had the answers to. Maybe they're keeping new things under wraps for a while.

what dissapoints me is that we don't have one single alfha or beta code gameplay video. i don't pick those e3 ones as good example.

what they do is just talk and hype, talk and hype, talk and hype. and nothing else.

I'm curious to what more things to there are about managers, which he still can't talk about. Editing managers? Something similar to manager mode?

I think we're having real managers in this year and they'll be part of some of the licensed teams. And maybe we'll be able to create our manager face in ML :D

what dissapoints me is that we don't have one single alfha or beta code gameplay video. i don't pick those e3 ones as good example.

what they do is just talk and hype, talk and hype, talk and hype. and nothing else.

Personally, i haven't seen any sort of "hype" from official konami people.

For alpha and beta code gameplay videos will not be a smart move if main thing they would like to implement/show off are not yet completed.

remember early FIFA 12 gameplay & interview video from playtest somewhere, in germany iirc. Look at the reaction of people over the internet about it.

For the curious ones who care about knowing what the start screen looks like.

ywni.jpg

Thats from Marvin, prorevo's owner, currently playtesting the game.

A few of his tweets:

Two hours with #PES2012 are gone. Five hours left. - That's a total of seven epic hours. Legendary day and a great first game-impression.

AI has a massive step up. There are so many important improvements and they dovetail with the game very good.

game is definitely fluid. We'll have some pics. But not really ingame. PES-Team posted the startscreen and i tweeted it earlier.

@Marvin_Ronsdorf when can we read those impressions?

@pacosoeda We'll write the first part tomorrow and publish it maybe in the evening. Second part later...

@pacosoeda The second part comes a bit later with some new key-elements of the game. But these are actually still under embargo.

I think the other guy in the pic is chaos_PES (twitter name).

Some of his tweets as well:

Marvin wins the first match in penalty shoot out. Did you know? Square nets are in ;-) looking good.

@Rage06 yeah, I like it. Have to get used to the new ball physics and the complete freedom of passing. Lost all matches against Marvin ^^

@MBroadhead_ I had several wow moments already, small things but wow. And you always are in total control. Which is good. :-)

@sean_rainey I'm fine, thanks for asking ;-) it's fun but difficult. Getting used to the controls will take time. As did PES2011. (for me)

@tunizizou Penalty? Looks and feels good. You feel much more in control of where you place the ball. Some nice new GK animations.

Just got smashed by the AI. Lost with a top team vs. an underdog 4-1. But so many "Aw, look at that move!" moments! AI is very clever..

@amz_ali feels great. I think I can lock my pes11 copy away.. If they fix the shooting thing mentioned by Adam, it's back :)

EDIT: _anderson beat me to one ;)

In this video :
http://youtu.be/ld6PatUCq4M
Great question in 01 : 54 about the awful switching bug in Co-op play ! the key word is Co-op ! There is specific , gamebreaking bug in player switching... but very bad answer from Jon :x He don't knows about this bug that is terrible.

Last edited:
I think everything ball physics related is pretty good apart from shooting. It still needs work.

what is this ''shooting thing'' that adam has been mentioning?

Afaik, it is about a tad floaty ball physic and how it works/go along with shooting mechanic. But apart from shooting, it works well.. here is one of his comment at WENB

"All they need to do is add more zip to well power shots"

I also ask him about how doing volley can feel great in PES 6 and ask him if he manages to that in 2012, he answers

"Not really, shooting wasn't great"

so there you go..

I should be testing this bloody new game, life isnt fair sometimes. :( :)

Marty, how come we dont get a copy at Evo-Web ? There are more technical folk on here than any of the other sites. It's shocking really.

Last edited:
I don't even see sort of "official pes 2012 suggestion thread" to be submitted to konami HQ despite some discussion i found here or did i miss something.

What happens ?

Afaik, it is about a tad floaty ball physic and how it works/go along with shooting mechanic. But apart from shooting, it works well.. here is one of his comment at WENB

"All they need to do is add more zip to well power shots"

I also ask him about how doing volley can feel great in PES 6 and ask him if he manages to that in 2012, he answers

"Not really, shooting wasn't great"

so there you go..

i don't think shooting is bad. i can understand why some shots miss and why some hit the target. what is lacking is HOW they miss sometimes. very floaty sometimes.

you can't argue that shooting is not very scripted in pes. imo it is scripted big time.

In this video :
http://youtu.be/ld6PatUCq4M
Great question in 01 : 54 about the awful switching bug in Co-op play ! the key word is Co-op ! There is specific , gamebreaking bug in player switching... but very bad answer from Jon :x He don't knows about this bug that is terrible.

Actually, he said exactly what was wrong with it in the end of that subject, something like "There's much less auto-switcing in co-op, that's what made it annoying I think".

i don't think shooting is bad. i can understand why some shots miss and why some hit the target. what is lacking is HOW they miss sometimes. very floaty sometimes.

you can't argue that shooting is not very scripted in pes. imo it is scripted big time.

yeah the concept of shooting that konami want to deliver is good.. it is a matter of how they represent it visually that sometimes :TTTH:

Btw so what can you say how being not scripted should work?

For the curious ones who care about knowing what the start screen looks like.

Which is Jon Murphy's twitter background:

http://twitter.com/#!/JonMurphy_PES

Marty, how come we dont get a copy at Evo-Web ? There are more technical folk on here than any of the other sites. It's shocking really.

I know, it's a real wasted opportunity for both Konami and this site. To think that both PESfan and PESgaming are more officially involved with Konami is crazy as their forums are diabolical.

We have some real intelligent posters here with some great ideas - the fact that we don't have an official feedback section is a crying shame.

Well when I asked them about that point the response was "isn't that a FIFA site now?" to which I corrected of course.

They are not very appreciative of some cold hard truth's though I found.

I don't even think feedback is that sought really apart from stuff like nets, presentation etc, they already know what they want to make its just they have to look more interested now because EA got their act together.

Well when I asked them about that point the response was "isn't that a FIFA site now?" to which I corrected of course.

They are not very appreciative of some cold hard truth's though I found.

I don't even think feedback is that sought really apart from stuff like nets, presentation etc, they already know what they want to make its just they have to look more interested now because EA got their act together.

Interesting. Who did you ask?

It's a question worth trying to answer though. How come EW isnt being held in the esteem that it probably should, when it has so much to offer?

The main problem we have here as far as I can see is that we don't have a front-end. The forum is everything we have; there is no news section, no blog offering think-pieces about aspects of the game, no podcast... and no subsequent readership to which EW would effectively be marketing their product to. Being a forum isn't enough because we aren't in a position to report our thoughts on the game to a significantly wider audience. If we then get an exclusive hands-on then it waters down the significance of early plays to the sites that do have a large following.

If we want the sort of presence and influence that WENB has then we'd need to take some steps towards offering what they have, and then use our collective knowledge to offer something more in-depth. Tactics and formation talk, for example, or weekly/bi-weekly contributions from various posters (something WENB can't compete with as they don't have a forum as rich in knowledge and well-formed opinion as ours).

We could also leverage the fact that we are FIFA literate too, creating a football game site rather than two separate fronts or just going down one road.

I find it interesting too and echo what Rom said.

It's understandable why Evo-Web is often considered a Fifa site. We have a thriving Fifa section with a number of regular contributors that work closely with EA by going to playtests and offering feedback. As such this site has a much closer link to EA than Konami. We get a direct stream of info from EA to Evo-Web though the gamechangers here, whereas news and opinions on PES are recycled from other sites, principally WENB.

Like Rom said, this place is just a forum. We don't have a front end full of news (like WENB), nor regular editorials which invite community response (like PESgaming). I guess it comes down to whether Mart is happy with the way things are here or if he wants us to work more closely with Konami like the other three big UK PES sites.

When you look at the viewing numbers this place is primarily an editing and patching resource.

Then again what Darth said about Konami not liking home truths, nor necessarily wanting feedback is something I've wondered for a while. The whole community feedback approach which has emerged in the last two years - is it really for the betterment of PES or is it just fan service? Is it Konami just being seen to be doing something in light of how EA interacts with its community?

For me Seabass still very much has his vision for the game, and his vision only, so how much of an influence fan feedback plays is debatable.

Interesting. Who did you ask?

It's a question worth trying to answer though. How come EW isnt being held in the esteem that it probably should, when it has so much to offer?

The main problem we have here as far as I can see is that we don't have a front-end. The forum is everything we have; there is no news section, no blog offering think-pieces about aspects of the game, no podcast... and no subsequent readership to which EW would effectively be marketing their product to. Being a forum isn't enough because we aren't in a position to report our thoughts on the game to a significantly wider audience. If we then get an exclusive hands-on then it waters down the significance of early plays to the sites that do have a large following.

If we want the sort of presence and influence that WENB has then we'd need to take some steps towards offering what they have, and then use our collective knowledge to offer something more in-depth. Tactics and formation talk, for example, or weekly/bi-weekly contributions from various posters (something WENB can't compete with as they don't have a forum as rich in knowledge and well-formed opinion as ours).

We could also leverage the fact that we are FIFA literate too, creating a football game site rather than two separate fronts or just going down one road.

It was Steve their PR guy who I did the playtest with, I was in direct contact with Jon as well as they sent me the game early and my feedback was a large percentage of the first patch that was released, especially the player switching and AI controlled players scoring goals from crosses, had no contact with them since last December though, can see glaring issues in their PR and I don't think they appreciated my direct and blunt feedback on that, even when I emailed them the other week about getting better distribution of beta codes this time around not even an acknowledgement from them, did try for this site in particular though as its the only one I read.

I agree though you will have more respected feedback on this site too as people are not promoting their sites, in it for the perks so to speak, just honest debate with an ounce of trolling thrown in.

Hell even when I had my blog last year I copied and pasted my thoughts on here rather than aiming for hits but some sites offer no opinion and just put news from other sites and copy and paste Jon's tweets while sitting there counting the hits to their site.

Just to add though regarding feedback, I am sure they listen to mass complaints, ie animations from 2009-2010, pens in 2011 etc but like has been said I am sure they are single minded in what they want to achieve, like they were in the PS2 days, no feedback and the quality increasing with each game.

Hell even when I had my blog last year I copied and pasted my thoughts on here rather than aiming for hits but some sites offer no opinion and just put news from other sites and copy and paste Jon's tweets while sitting there counting the hits to their site.

As I mentioned, something I really like about PESgaming (even though I think their forums are garbage these days) is the front page editorials (Stoppage Time & Imaginative PES). Admittedly I haven't followed them lately but they were always good value for sparking opinion and debate in the comments section.

We could do the same here, as for me Evo-Web is the best place for in-depth discussion and debate.

Leave the front page news to the hit whores like WENB. I skim their forums too and aside from the odd hint here and there it's just endless pages of chat about nothing. I prefer quality over quantity.:))

Another way you could look at it is, has there really been a site to really try and collate feedback as detailed and forward thinking as what we can offer here? Could it be that Konami, who are pretty new to the idea of inviting communities to early hands-on sessions and to the idea of accepting feedback, are much more used to the idea of receiving suggestions as trivial as talk about shirt pulling, haircuts, nets, handball etc?

Not saying you didn't, Darth - from the sounds of it you did and they took a lot of it on board for the patch. But as far as I can see, there isn't really a site that has the ability to offer as consistent a level of high quality feedback from a large number of members as Evo-Web. WENB and FSB do have intelligent contributors and when they do write up articles about aspects of the game I usually find them a good read. But if you look at the October-January period after the games are released, we have people here writing articles almost every day - be they opinions about gameplay or modes, or stories about their ML/MLO campaign.

I registered to EW because of the fantastic work that was being done with Kitserver and other Option Files. A lot of time has passed but we still have people here who create OFs, and will presumably see more as PES improves further. Where things have really pushed on since 5 years ago is tactics, and we have people like Klash who have established a system for creating and displaying tactics for each team. An EW site could give him a Tactics Truck(TM) of his very own, maybe talking through a few of his formations to explain how they're meant to work, or writing something of a tutorial on the tactics system and why Barcelona should use the Possession(DEF) tactic.

Stick those formations onto the actual OFs for people to download, get someone collecting chants for us to upload into the game and you give EW back the sort of USP that got me signing up so many years ago.

I meant the front end stuff tbh. I think Alan's written some interesting articles over at WENB, while Dave and Tom have published some good pieces since they started out at FSB. But we wouldn't then balance it out with some Hjerpseth videos ;)

Back
Top Bottom