PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Hmm.. If I don't use the R2 button then my player will be jogging about instead. The R2 only button plus left stick helps me contain. It's easier for me this way. Don't know much about x and opposite direction as it sounds like a hassle. I don't even use the x button at all to begin with.

We finally get hands on with latest code tomorrow!

Some of you might already know, but we’re officially playing the latest build of PES 2012 tomorrow, in the presence of Mr Aviators himself Jon Murphy.

They've already played it on the 28th mate ;)

That was posted on the 27th.

You might want to check their impressions as well.

Dudu when you play just your brother, you do set the game with as 15 minutes and on Top Player (highest level)?

He's not playing you on 10 minutes with regular AI?

Yes I do, mate.

The fact is that I always have dificult to play against people like him who do the same boring (and sometimes unrealistic)plays the whole match.

He's that kind of noobs who want to win at all cost. He even makes that lofted ball from kick off, it's ridiculous.. lol

When i play him i usually get nervous by the way he plays and then because of this i lose concentration on the game. I just get nervous seing him sprinting and pressuring me all around the field.

One thing i hate so much is that silly way (no skill) of defending by sprinting all around the field and trying to guess to what player i'm trying to pass to, and as I loose concentration i somtimes lose possession for a silly thing like that, it's as if i passed the ball to him by mistake. The game doesn't help neither, it just doesn't punish him with his non-stop sprinting way of defending (secound pressure and always sprintig and trying to guess to whom i'm about to pass).

I don't spend much time adjusting my team to get a proper defence tho, but when i do it right his chances to score is sometimes pathetic (he shoots for no reason), nothing really dangerous. He's actually dangerous when he picks up real madrid, the most overated team in the world (i hate that, fuck).

But We don't play very often, he usually plays mlo...

I am so hoping for pes 2012 because i do have faith that the game will be more balanced. The huge improvement on reponsivenens contollers and the freedom to pick up any player on the field with the new cursor system are enough for me... it would make so much difference for pes 2011 (not to count the active AI).

It's easy to read his plays (and from most people online), but a bit often the game just does not allow you to prevent them.

Last edited:
Yes I do, mate.

The fact is that I always have dificult to play against people like him who do the same boring (and sometimes unrealistic)plays the whole match.

He's that kind of noobs who want to win at all cost. He even makes that lofted ball from kick off, it's ridiculous.. lol

When i play him i usually get nervous by the way he plays and then because of this i lose concentration on the game. I just get nervous seing him sprinting and pressuring me all around the field.

One thing i hate so much is that silly way (no skill) of defending by sprinting all around the field and trying to guess to what player i'm trying to pass to, and as I loose concentration i somtimes lose possession for a silly thing like that, it's as if i passed the ball to him by mistake. The game doesn't help neither, it just doesn't punish him with his non-stop sprinting way of defending (secound pressure and always sprintig and trying to guess to whom i'm about to pass).

I don't spend much time adjusting my team to get a proper defence tho, but when i do it right his chances to score is sometimes pathetic (he shoots for no reason), nothing really dangerous. He's actually dangerous when he picks up real madrid, the most overated team in the world (i hate that, fuck).

But We don't play very often, he usually plays mlo...

I am so hoping for pes 2012 because i do have faith that the game will be more balanced. The huge improvement on reponsivenens contollers and the freedom to pick up any player on the field with the new cursor system are enough for me... it would make so much difference for pes 2011 (not to count the active AI).

It's easy to read his plays (and from most people online), but a bit often the game just does not allow you to prevent them.

:LOL: my friend the problem is more your your nerves than the game i think.

I play against seasoned FIFA players on my PES. I have one friend who knows PES and only uses Chelsea. In the last part of the the term when they where round i would usual beat all of the them easily 4/5-0.

What i noticed was if players where bad at a certain aspect in the game for example (defending) Play two up top (4-4-2), just pass it between them, your opponent like your brother will leave many holes in defense for you to score from.

4-4-2 works against these players who abuse the pressure button.

I did have a few issues with them before when i first got the game. Thing i realized was I was expecting the games to be realistic but if your opponent dosen't know pes well, plays like a noob/abuser or isn't very good, there's no point having a 4-2-3-1 formation against him or anything with one striker. I only use one at front against decent, good and exceptional players where the midfield is key.

j0vhj6.jpg

k0gglu.jpg

2hg681c.jpg

:LOL: my friend the problem is more your your nerves than the game i think.

I play against seasoned FIFA players on my PES. I have one friend who knows PES and only uses Chelsea. In the last part of the the term when they where round i would usual beat all of the them easily 4/5-0.

What i noticed was if players where bad at a certain aspect in the game for example (defending) Play two up top (4-4-2), just pass it between them, your opponent like your brother will leave many holes in defense for you to score from.

4-4-2 works against these players who abuse the pressure button.

I did have a few issues with them before when i first got the game. Thing i realized was I was expecting the games to be realistic but if your opponent dosen't know pes well, plays like a noob/abuser or isn't very good, there's no point having a 4-2-3-1 formation against him or anything with one striker. I only use one at front against decent, good and exceptional players where the midfield is key.

Yeah.. the emotional part has a big impact on any game, specially in pes.

I'll try that 4-4-2 tip next time. Too bad my disc is "broken".
Could you tell more in detail about this formation (players roles) ?

Last edited:
The only weird facial expression seen in pes 2012 video is from Pique. This Pepe pic looks good imo.

It's funny that I didn't see yet any Fifa fan posting the Gourcoff pic..

The only weird facial expression seen in pes 2012 video is from Pique. This Pepe pic looks good imo.

It's funny that I didn't see yet any Fifa fan posting the Gourcoff pic..

Even the Pique one doesn't look too far off. Maybe his mouth opened a little too much but not that much.

Yeah.. the emotional part has a big impact on any game, specially in pes.

I'll try that 4-4-2 tip next time. Too bad my disc is "broken".
Could you tell more in detail about this formation (players roles) ?

:LOL: it's not really a set formation. I just make sure you have two strikers up front, the rest can be the standard 4-4-2. Maybe with a defensive midfielder.

Dear sweet god make Konami realise that all the online opponents run for the wings to perform cutbacks or low crosses for 95% of the game. It is lame that they head for those areas like a running back heading for the endzone, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

.....getting bored are we? No way this gets me to D1 and Messi so that I can run to the wing over and over and over and and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over......

wait let me try long raking through balls over and over...hmm he seems to be intercepting that. I know I'll try going wide and kicking low across goals over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

LOLZ I am Impressive!!!!!

I hope that Konami are aware of this I could not go another year trying to enjoy MLO knowing I am fighting off a 433 formation with one tactic that has a 70% success

Last edited:
Even the Pique one doesn't look too far off. Maybe his mouth opened a little too much but not that much.

Pepe looks pretty close to his real face, especially in that match a couple of seasons ago where he went mental and started trying to stamp on some guy's back....

On a different note, I hope the refs in PES2012 are a lot better. Don't want to see them doing any of this.....see if you can spot the handball because the ref and lino certainly didn't.....

YouTube - EPIC Fail: Australia denied the most blatant penalty EVER

There will be many previews next week
Jon Murphy is showing Pes 2012 in Germany and France
PSM3 will post a preview next week,too

no videos
there will be one video tomorrow with Murphy answering to some of the questions asked on twitter

The best moment from breakdown trailer is Pique face, "It is actually official, we can play Left 4 Dead on PES2012" :)) Great video, shitty trailer. C'mon why the hell did they focus on facial expression? This is the very last thing that footy gamers care about... Was it so hard to figure it out? Jesus, where do I live...

The best moment from breakdown trailer is Pique face, "It is actually official, we can play Left 4 Dead on PES2012" :)) Great video, shitty trailer. C'mon why the hell did they focus on facial expression? This is the very last thing that footy gamers care about... Was it so hard to figure it out? Jesus, where do I live...

Their focus wasn't facial expressions... By the way, load of cr*p what you just said... Complain if they do, complain if they don't... Complaining is all some people do.

Last edited:
If you read the forums, people care about every little detail. No doubt if they nail gameplay this year and it's incredible, there will still be things like commentary and licensing that some people complain about.

If you read the forums, people care about every little detail. No doubt if they nail gameplay this year and it's incredible, there will still be things like commentary and licensing that some people complain about.

And in all reasons i would say, this is the fifth fucking release on this generation and maybe in october, we could again be here to complain about low socks, stupid disproportionated quarry to draw kits, english and italian commentary, ec...
And than you'll realise that playing with japanese players, open new ways.:YAWN:

My question for Jon Murphy is also a request. Can we European have the same game Konami develops for the Japanese/Asian market? The difference too big to get unnoticed. I don´t understand why this isn´t more of an issue, because the two versions are miles apart in the quality/fun department. This must be adressed.

Last edited:
Disappointed to be honest. Seems like he only answered questions that we already had the answers to. Maybe they're keeping new things under wraps for a while.

Back
Top Bottom