PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Yes he is, Sensei Takatsuka. He's always high :SMUG:

About Football Life, I'm intrigued as well. I already posted my thoughts about it being a BAL facelift similar to the PS2 game Soccer Life, but I hope it's to do with management and finally be able to switch clubs.

Sounds like the audio/commentary is going to be shit again, 'sigh'.

Is there anyone out there that watches football on TV with the volume down, ignoring the 5.1 atmosphere in the process?

Poor mentality to have, might as well go down the Woody Allen route and produce your product in ugly Mono audio. Ignore DD, DTS and LPCM.

Commentary isn't important to me in any sports game to be honest. If it's done well, and sounds fluid and natural (like NBA2K and Madden) I'll leave it on, if it's done badly and/or is dull, repetitive and lifeless, I switch it off (PES and FIFA).

I prefer to feel like I'm in the stadium watching a match when I play PES, not watching it on TV. I'm more concerned with the on-pitch sfx and stadium atmosphere myself. As you said, a thumping 5.1 atmosphere is what I want, with lifelike chants and goal cheers (accompanied by a more vibrant crowd with flags, banners and flares).

Two blokes twittering on isn't a priority for me.

Commentary isn't important to me in any sports game to be honest. If it's done well, and sounds fluid and natural (like NBA2K and Madden) I'll leave it on, if it's done badly and/or is dull, repetitive and lifeless, I switch it off (PES and FIFA).

I prefer to feel like I'm in the stadium watching a match when I play PES, not watching it on TV. I'm more concerned with the on-pitch sfx and stadium atmosphere myself. As you said, a thumping 5.1 atmosphere is what I want, with lifelike chants and goal cheers (accompanied by a more vibrant crowd with flags, banners and flares).

Two blokes twittering on isn't a priority for me.

Yeah I agree, no matter how good the commentary is, any remotely extended time with the game results in the commentary being often repeated anyways. Ironically, though the commentary in PES is awful, I still prefer it to FIFA's. Imagine playing a career mode with Man Utd and Martin Tyler saying "the challenge from Ferdinand a strong one" every single time he tackles someone. For season after season.....:SHOCK:

I just want a good stadium atmosphere too, the only game to really do this well, for me anyways, was the FIFA World Cup 2010 game (which I often bleat on about) but the stadium atmosphere is so far unrivalled imo.

The game looks so much better played at day or afternoon than night. I would love to see someway of setting this for master league games or stipulating when you want the majority of games to be played.

If you used to watching the premier league it looks odd, playing 20 games in the master league including cup and master league games, can see you hit a run of almost all of them being at night.

Also for a proper managerial career like in Football Manager. If you do well, you get offered other jobs. I would love to move clubs after winning the league and champions league a few times.

Most important of all though, DLC and patches should not effect changes that you have made.

Do you guys know where i can find those twitters that confirm new official teams like the brazilian teams ?
I'd like topost this on a brazilian forum.

Thanks.

If Konami could find a way not to limit these teams to just that specific gamemode then they'd be helping their cause greatly. I don't think i once bothered to play with any of the South American teams in PES 2011. I wasn't avoiding them it's just, i don't know, it felt really restrictive only being able to play against another South American team.

If Konami could find a way not to limit these teams to just that specific gamemode then they'd be helping their cause greatly. I don't think i once bothered to play with any of the South American teams in PES 2011. I wasn't avoiding them it's just, i don't know, it felt really restrictive only being able to play against another South American team.

Pretty much the same. I hugely welcomed the acquisition of the Copa Libertadores licence but I would have liked to play some friendlies, or set up a cup competition, between European and South American teams.

Also, Konami really should make use of the licences they do have, such as the J-League. I'd love a fully playable J-League in PES.

nope. you release it on time and well done. that is how quality work is done. you give students in an exam infinite amount of time, they will all eventually do it. art of the game is to do it when it has to be done.

Why does the game have to be done in early October? Your confusing a set release date with delaying the game.

If Konami say ok, were going to release the game in October then release it late December, ok, fine :)

but we are not talking about that. We are talking if Konami aim to wait two-three years for a sequel but you expect a game every year? We are talking about a new strategy for the next generation.

Finally! Christimas time in this day and age means Late September/October time! All the way up to December! So don't assume when John Murphy said Chritsmas time he means December!

they where restricted because of licensing i heard!

The game looks so much better played at day or afternoon than night. I would love to see someway of setting this for master league games or stipulating when you want the majority of games to be played.

If you used to watching the premier league it looks odd, playing 20 games in the master league including cup and master league games, can see you hit a run of almost all of them being at night.

Also for a proper managerial career like in Football Manager. If you do well, you get offered other jobs. I would love to move clubs after winning the league and champions league a few times.

Most important of all though, DLC and patches should not effect changes that you have made.

Like if FIFA i think it depends on what your settings are in the Exhibition match menu. If yoru a good team i think you play more evening games, if you someone average you can get a string of day matches! Difference is with FIFA there isn't a limit to stadiums with day/night mode.

Why does the game have to be done in early October? Your confusing a set release date with delaying the game.

If Konami say ok, were going to release the game in October then release it late December, ok, fine :)

but we are not talking about that. We are talking if Konami aim to wait two-three years for a sequel but you expect a game every year? We are talking about a new strategy for the next generation.

Finally! Christimas time in this day and age means Late September/October time! All the way up to December! So don't assume when John Murphy said Chritsmas time he means December!

they where restricted because of licensing i heard!

Some of the licence stipulations must be bizarre. You can have our teams, but they can only play against other south american teams. Same level of obserdity that goes into having the French and Dutch league, but you cannot edit the stadiums, strips or edit the league for the master league.

@ allewet, the fifa thread is HERE,using this thread to suggest people should play fifa is unacceptable.This thread AND the fifa thread will not be turned into a fifa v pes warfare.These threads are for discussing the games separately not for comparing them.

Last edited:
No offence to anyone here who uses the D-Pad but I find it hard to swallow that people can criticise Konami for not addressing one problem or another, yet by the same token, some people hold back progress because they can't let go of the past. I stopped using the pad years ago. Took a short time to adapt but now I can't look back.

If they're going to get rid of it next year, might as well do it now. What's the difference?

What's the point of 360 degree movement - or trying to move towards that concept properly - if you don't use the analog stick?

Well i don't mind them adopting what FIFA does which is to set the movement to analogue sticks and if you wish, switch it back. Bit it tired D-Pad in FIFA, it's pointless! It really is. So limited with movement.

D-Pad movement is dead! You 100% right. People need to let go of the past. I don't want to see people criticizing PES because it dosen't move with the D-Pad friendly responsiveness of yesteryear, like PES 6 for example. Games have to move on!

Looking at the beta and how the ball physics when backwards when the full game came out just makes me wonder if these guys who just cannot let go are stifling the development of PES. People constantly barging Konami for PES 2/6/2009 etc.. with super graphics is not moving forward.

still isn't.

This is exactly what i'm talking about! people who cannot adapt! Holding PES back!

Tell me that this is not 360:
YouTube - PES 2011 Demo Dribbling!

I'm fed up with having to reel this video out all the time. because people can't be bothered to experiment with the left stick, they think they are instant experts!

Last edited:
kobayashi said:
This is exactly what i'm talking about! people who cannot adapt! Holding PES back!

no it isn't. simply don't advertise that you have 360 dribbling. even jon murphy admitted that.

Last edited by a moderator:
no it isn't. simply don't advertise that you have 360 dribbling. even jon murphy admitted that.

And simply arguing that it isn't without explanation or showing any kind of proof isn't helping. This isn't how you debate.

Hah. I could also say that FIFA 2011 idea of 360º dribbling is totally wrong too. I won't obviously. :P And Jon Murphy didn't admit A THING, don't make stuff up.

Please don't let this spiral the thread into oblivion. Whoever wants to debate please be mature enough to provide enough explanation and/or proof to support your claims.

Thanks for your cooperation,

The Evo-Web Management Team

I think in 2010 he admitted it wasn't true 360. But I'm sorry, with PES 2011, you are wrong, you a 100% wrong and your not going to ever win this argument. I mean i showed you a video with evidence! There's no way the games without 360 movement are capable of those feints Iniesta did.

Just learn how to use the left stick and understand how sensitivity it is. Once you do that. the 360 degree movement is so obvious.

In PES, you only control the players movement. Depending on their stats they move the ball with the set precision at angles. Some move more freely than others and it's presents huge differences between players

with PES 2011 you will see the skillful players and those with the speed merchant card, dribble with the ball with greater freedom compared to your average player.

You seem to think 360 is like in FIFA where you move with pin point easy responsiveness with every player. Basically with FIFA, the ball and player are magnetically combined together, the animations although sexy, are so generic there's just one dribbling model and to show stats between players all EA do is slow down the process for worse players which shows also no difference whatsoever!

So basically the animations are fantastic, the function is still an PS2 ideology with the ball and player stuck together. It is impossible for a player to lose the ball on FIFA when dribbling, in PES 2011 there are the odd occasions where you can see when dribbling the player is separate from the ball

------

To summarize: FIFA has 360 dribbling, but not realistic 360 dribbling trying to simulate a player dribbling with a ball. It's basically just moving the ball along wherever you want with a player animated really nicely following behind. The payer turns at impossible angles at times, because foot planting and momentum with FIFA dribbling is irreverent, It has been this way since FIFA 10! The game dosen't try to generate player maneuvering a ball, it's a a nice and fluid canned movement.

You believe 360 dribbling is this, and only this method of moving the ball, well no1 FIFA is fully 360 when dribbling BUT it's still an totally false sense of realism.

You basically criticizing PES for actually trying to realistically properly generate 360 dribbling with stats involved. not just that, you dribble in a completely different way to FIFA. On fifa, like i said it's just like moving the ball instantly in any direction you want with the left stick and you can be very aggressive an hold the left stick constantly for the entire game because the instant responsiveness!

With PES 2011 the left stick is highly sensitive. You best getting use to using R2 to maintain and stand facing goal a lot, when you want to move forward a bit, just lightly touch the left stick forward once and volia.Just ask LTFC! It took him 3-4 months to realize how sensitive the dribbling was!

Totally agree Calcio, spot on. But about the bit i highlighted - i read somewhere yesterday that it was tournament players who asked for it to remain because they say the d-pad allows for sharper/quicker turns. I personally am not so sure.

Agreed, 2010 forced me to change. I know there wasnt proper 360 movement in 2010 but by then i felt the d-pad wasnt as effective.

The problem i had as an ex ps1/ps2 gamer was the left anologue stick being towards the centre of the controller,it felt really uncomfortable,but when you look at a 360 controller the anologue stick is in a similar position to the ps2/3 d-pad. If a dinosaur like me can change then anybody can.

Must be easier to perform cutbacks with the d pad.

I already moved onto the analogue sticks with PES6. I thought next gen would certainly warant the shift and wanted to be prepared. LOL

Must be easier to perform cutbacks with the d pad.
:LOL:
I already moved onto the analogue sticks with PES6. I thought next gen would certainly warant the shift and wanted to be prepared. LOL

Well lets face it Zee, we have wanted to be prepared for so much since pes6.

FFS! some of us over the last four years have had to nitpick the positives & champion them from, in some cases polished turds. Konami should send us a complimentary copy of 2012 for thanks.

But as ever i remain prepared (for what i am not sure). I mean this time they will get it right......wont they?

LOL @ the cutbacks haha.

Well I've been playing some FIFA world cup 2010 and after a couple of hours went back for 2 games of PES 2011. Day and NIGHT is the difference!! FIFA's players turning is robotic, rigid and you can never beat a CPU opponent with anything other than the sprint button or physicality...and maybe a trick. Playing against a human opponent is a lot more fun.

Personally, I find it awesome how the left stick and dribbling on PES 2011 can get you in and out of spaces that you can't even dream about on FIFA. 360 degrees or not, it's splitting hairs. Look @ that video again and play the game yourself and it's plain to see how much better it is on PES.

FIFA's close dribbling does have an impact on keeping the ball closer but you can make killer moves with PES a lot easier and against CPU or Human.

:LOL:

Well lets face it Zee, we have wanted to be prepared for so much since pes6.

FFS! some of us over the last four years have had to nitpick the positives & champion them from, in some cases polished turds. Konami should send us a complimentary copy of 2012 for thanks.

But as ever i remain prepared (for what i am not sure). I mean this time they will get it right......wont they?

Unless they dumb it all down before the release again, they will get it right for sure.

I remember how they stuffed up the tackling from the PES2011 demo to the final version? In the demo you could not tackle with x from behind the player as you were penalised for barging. You had to get goal side and time tackles properly then the imbiciles complained and they removed one of the biggest improvements in the game.

I remember how they stuffed up the tackling from the PES2011 demo to the final version? In the demo you could not tackle with x from behind the player as you were penalised for barging. You had to get goal side and time tackles properly then the imbiciles complained and they removed one of the biggest improvements in the game.

According to Adam, in the preview code: catch-up bug wasn't there, stumble animation wasn't there, defensive system wasn't dumbed down... It's like they intentionally made it all worse before release. It's my top concern right now, if it happened last year, how can we be sure it won't happen again?

According to Adam, in the preview code: catch-up bug wasn't there, stumble animation wasn't there, defensive system wasn't dumbed down... It's like they intentionally made it all worse before release. It's my top concern right now, if it happened last year, how can we be sure it won't happen again?

:CONFUSE::CONFUSE: I remember last year when a few of us were saying that the retail release was worse (for all the reasons detailed by Adam on the podcast) and you told us we were crazy :P

Hopefully that doesn't happen this year and Konami/Seabass has the balls to stick to their original vision.

Back
Top Bottom