PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Let's be honest, 95% of Fifa fans will have already decided in their heads that they're going to buy the next version over PES regardless of anything they see. I personally don't think it'll make that much difference if they release PES 8 weeks later.

Where is this rumour of a late release coming from? Was it just a passing comment from Jon Murphy?

Seriously, I would be hugely surprised if the release date deviates from the norm in any way. Just checking around a few stores, most places are dating it as the 7th or 14th of October.

And besides, from the sound of the previews PES 2012 is already in a very good place, so I can't see why a delay would be necessary.

Jon Murphy interview with CGV make me happy !
I trust in konami that this year gameplay will be awesome

but something that I don't understand is that he said :

FIFA has the atmosphere, the crowds and certain licences we don't - and everybody knows they've got better commentary than us.

Ok for "license" because certain license are exclusive (like chelsea...) and very expensive

but for atmosphere and commentary , I think that they should work on them ,
Like making commentary more detailled with callnames ("Messi is amazing today ")
and crowd with same quality than like photographers and cameraman

So I really hope in these 2 last months , there will be some improvements

and one other thing :

I really hope we can get the demo out to people as soon as possible

demo earlier this year ?

Luc Pestille, web designer (and maintainer) of the Kitanamedia sites, and recently employed by CVG UK, also played PES2012 and he said:
Luc Pestille
@PESFan_it @adamneaves @_JoaoCampos Probably best I keep my mouth shut until @CVG_UK / @OXMUK have their say, but in one word; convinced.

Another great indicator of the game's quality, 'cause Luc also turned to the dark side with FIFA09. He even wrote about it in his personal blog: http://www.project14.co.uk/blog/read/dear-pro-evo-its-not-you-its-me/

Let me playtest it. I'll give you the best and most unbiased write-up you'll ever read.

Yea right. I'll lock myself in and forget this place ever existed.

LMFAO at both your posts lami and anderson.. :P

Yeah sorry to bring this back but i really hope for instance cases like "jog bug scandal" would never come up again :COAT: , wonder if pes 2011 playtester didn't see it as it was found on demo & final version. IIRC it was never been brought up during impressions, wasn't it ?

Last edited:
Can you please summarize the points I'm interested in as I can't listen to the podcast for whatever reason ?

They talk about how realistically you can dribble with different players with different skills, and how it's all down to how you play it. Catch-up bug is gone so faster players will beat slower defenders. Podcast is worth listening as a whole. What problem exactly do you have to play it?

So let's get this straight, you think that it's better for Konami to release the game, unfinished, in October so you can have a quick couple of seasons then abandon it later in the year, rather than wait just 8 or so weeks and have a massively more polished and complete game. Hmm.

nope. you release it on time and well done. that is how quality work is done. you give students in an exam infinite amount of time, they will all eventually do it. art of the game is to do it when it has to be done.

The same analogy can be said about Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield. MW2 came out around October, sold by the bucketloads (like FIFA), but then along came Battlefield Bad Company 2 nearly 5 months later in March, and it's done incredibly well because it's proven to be a far better game. Subsequently, the critical success has meant that the next instalment of Battlefield 3 is destined to become huge. Had DICE rushed out Bad Company 2 months early just to coincide with MW2's release, you'd have had a far worse game and it wouldn't have converted a lot of people in the first place, and the Battlefield franchise wouldn't have kicked off anywhere as much as it seems to be this year.

irrelevant. cod and bf are not seasonal games, therefore there is no pressure for them to be released at a certain time. again, you are neglecting the big difference between seasonal games and non-seasonal games.

Quality sells, not early release dates. Sure, if you can get the game out to compete with FIFA then great, but only if the quality is right - because if it's not, people will still buy FIFA in October and not PES.

true. however, there is a time limit concerned. releasing pes 2012 in 2015 is a failure. so is skipping a year ie not releasing one year's title.

As for the 16 month cycle being ludicrous, well, that depends on what you want. I want a game where each new edition has great improvements in gameplay, features, graphics, everything. You on the other hand seem happy to have the same game released at the beginning of each season with a couple of extra bells and whistles attached, and new kits, nothing more. Which is fine. All depends on what you want. But if you want them to release a game each October and expect massive improvements each time, it ain't gonna happen, because developers need more time than that. Take the Halo series. It's considered one of the best examples of the FPS genre, but in 10 years they've only released, what, 4 games? I wouldn't say that should be the case for football games of course, but improvements and advancements take time, something consumers themselves aren't allowing.

it is not what i want, or what you want. it is about what the market that you have targeted wants. again the halo case is completely irrelevant in this argument simply because these games don't have a set release date unlike fifa, pes, nba, nhl, nfl, and other seasonal games so the developer can take as long as the publisher allows (which is not infinite by the way). rest assured, konami will never implement your idea due to obvious reasons.

No offence to anyone here who uses the D-Pad but I find it hard to swallow that people can criticise Konami for not addressing one problem or another, yet by the same token, some people hold back progress because they can't let go of the past. I stopped using the pad years ago. Took a short time to adapt but now I can't look back.

If they're going to get rid of it next year, might as well do it now. What's the difference?

What's the point of 360 degree movement - or trying to move towards that concept properly - if you don't use the analog stick?

I've only used the stick for PES 2011 really. It just wasn't natural before. D-pad was always the perfect choice, but with 2011 and more angles, D-pad don't cut it anymore. Stick replaces it beautifully and feels perfect.

Sounds like the audio/commentary is going to be shit again, 'sigh'.

Is there anyone out there that watches football on TV with the volume down, ignoring the 5.1 atmosphere in the process?

Poor mentality to have, might as well go down the Woody Allen route and produce your product in ugly Mono audio. Ignore DD, DTS and LPCM.

What do you mean by ignoring the 5.1? I only play it in stereo but thought it was advertised as 5.1 in the game? Is it not there or it's just really poorly implemented?

No offence to anyone here who uses the D-Pad but I find it hard to swallow that people can criticise Konami for not addressing one problem or another, yet by the same token, some people hold back progress because they can't let go of the past. I stopped using the pad years ago. Took a short time to adapt but now I can't look back.

If they're going to get rid of it next year, might as well do it now. What's the difference?
What's the point of 360 degree movement - or trying to move towards that concept properly - if you don't use the analog stick?

Totally agree Calcio, spot on. But about the bit i highlighted - i read somewhere yesterday that it was tournament players who asked for it to remain because they say the d-pad allows for sharper/quicker turns. I personally am not so sure.

I've only used the stick for PES 2011 really. It just wasn't natural before. D-pad was always the perfect choice, but with 2011 and more angles, D-pad don't cut it anymore. Stick replaces it beautifully and feels perfect.

Agreed, 2010 forced me to change. I know there wasnt proper 360 movement in 2010 but by then i felt the d-pad wasnt as effective.

The problem i had as an ex ps1/ps2 gamer was the left anologue stick being towards the centre of the controller,it felt really uncomfortable,but when you look at a 360 controller the anologue stick is in a similar position to the ps2/3 d-pad. If a dinosaur like me can change then anybody can.

What do you mean by ignoring the 5.1? I only play it in stereo but thought it was advertised as 5.1 in the game? Is it not there or it's just really poorly implemented?

The 5.1 is there but it doesn't add to the atmosphere in anyway.

Back
Top Bottom