PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

FOOTBALL LIFE! NEW TO PES 2012!

New features include:

Nightclub vision. Use the new advanced AI to fornicate with girls discreetly away from paparazzi and your girlfriend. Use the right stick to blend in with the crowd and sneak behind the staffroom door where the 18 year old double d awaits.

Twitter.
Enhance and tarnish your reputation via the new ingame twitter feed. Feel robbed after you last game? Uncomfortable some is spreading rumors that you bedded a tranny? or maybe you want to brag about reaching level 5 prestige on Call of Duty. All available in PES 2012

more to come..

:LMAO:

If that were true, can you imagine how many requests would poor Juce get to create stuff like condomserver, etc. in next-year installment of kitserver?

Wait a minute... I have a PS2 game called Soccer life. Konami probably incorporated that into PES now. All they did is change soccer to football? No more BAL then?

EDIT: Here it is..

Hmmm...

Last edited:
Wait a minute... I have a PS2 game called Soccer life. Konami probably incorporated that into PES now. All they did is change soccer to football? No more BAL then?

Hmmm...

Hah, that would actually make sense, a completely revamped BAL with many more "life" elements in it.

:LMAO:

If that were true, can you imagine how many requests would poor Juce get to create stuff like condomserver, etc. in next-year installment of kitserver?

"I can't afford another baby, I'm going to have to join Man City if i keep on at this rate".

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Football life will feature 'Superinjunction Pro +'.

If your Lawyer is rated 80/99 or above Your able to censor 2 scandals at once! :WORSHIP:

Hmmm...

Who was soccer life made by? Seems to be a Japanese company, maybe a small section in Konami? Maybe that team who made the game just incorporated the game into PES?

Does look fun though! Can wait for condomserver :WORSHIP:

EDIT:

it was made by banpresto who have since been brought by namaco. maybe they all got sacked and moved to Konami? Or Konami stole their idea :lol:

Last edited:
Good, more time to work on the game. 2 months less game time = 2 months more development time. Quite frankly i've always thought it's a bit detrimental to a) directly battle with another game you lose to every year in terms of sales (6 aside) and b) inevitably cut corners in order to definitively release it the same time every year (everygame with a fixed release date will do this i imagine).

I don't see how it is that is bad for the consumer for the game to be more polished. It'd make perfect business sense for Konami not to battle Fifa as well. I imagine that they would forsee some people getting bored of Fifa after a couple of months and therefore it may lead to more people giving PES a chance.

Plus it'd still be 6 months of relevancy. A sports game rarely lasts me that long after i find other games to play over the course of the year meaning it will always take a backseat.

Last edited:
Good, more time to work on the game. 2 months less game time = 2 months more development time. Quite frankly i've always thought it's a bit detrimental to a) directly battle with another game you lose to every year in terms of sales (6 aside) and b) inevitably cut corners in order to definitively release it the same time every year (everygame with a fixed release date will do this i imagine).
guess what though, they are in direct competition. if they don't release it early enough people simply aren't going to buy it to play it for what, 4 months? most people are already sick of pes 2011 and fifa 11 and waiting for the new one title to arrive. also this extra 2-3 months, is this going to be a one-off delay or pes titles are going to go through 16 month development cycles from now on? that would be even worse. they are never going to do that. fortunately.

I don't see how it is that is bad for the consumer for the game to be more polished. It'd make perfect business sense for Konami not to battle Fifa as well. I imagine that they would forsee some people getting bored of Fifa after a couple of months and therefore it may lead to more people giving PES a chance.
more polish? see what happened to duke nukem forever. developers took so long to 'polish' this game, around a decade, for it to finally come out with (maybe polished) noughties graphics and gameplay which are absurd. to an extent there is a point in time where you gotta release your game and it better be polished by that time. for seasonal sports game, that is when the season starts

Plus it'd still be 6 months of relevancy. A sports game rarely lasts me that long after i find other games to play over the course of the year meaning it will always take a backseat.

no one wants to play the game when the season is over no matter how good it is.

Last edited:
personally i think what developers could do is to have players buy a title, so 'fifa' or 'pes'. you can play the game with it, but it will be a basic package, and you pay monthly or every-3-month fees to get it updated. what are the pros and cons?
pros
-brings the developer continuous capital as opposed to a chunk at the start of a season
-gives players more frequent updates as opposed to once a year
-updated kits, players, DLCs

cons
-risky: not sure if people are up for paying monthly fees.

I'd also be happy if the game released a few months later than usual - in fact I wouldn't even mind if Konami decided to take a year out at some point and spend two years developing a masterpiece.
I know that'll never happen, but just imagine what we could have if they had so much longer to create the game.

guess what though, they are in direct competition. if they don't release it early enough people simply aren't going to buy it to play it for what, 4 months? most people are already sick of pes 2011 and fifa 11 and waiting for the new one title to arrive. also this extra 2-3 months, is this going to be a one-off delay or pes titles are going to go through 16 month development cycles from now on? that would be even worse. they are never going to do that. fortunately.

more polish? see what happened to duke nukem forever. developers took so long to 'polish' this game, around a decade, for it to finally come out with (maybe polished) noughties graphics and gameplay which are absurd. to an extent there is a point in time where you gotta release your game and it better be polished by that time. for seasonal sports game, that is when the season starts

no one wants to play the game when the season is over no matter how good it is.

Your first paragraph makes some good points.

Second paragraph - Your Duke comparison is so absurd. 14 years of development hell compared to the suggested 2 months of extra polish :CONFUSE: . Whenever PES is released we always say the game could do with just a little bit more polish in certain areas to add.

Last paragraph - I definitely said it'd still be relevant for 6 months of the season (December, January, February, March, April, May). That's a long time IMO especially as i usually get bored after a couple of months of solid playing, it's not like they're releasing it at the end of the season after all. I admit the December release would have pros and cons. Cons may come in the way of people not bothering with the game because it arrives too late. On the flip side though there would be people bored of Fifa looking to give PES a chance and a December release would make the game seem fresh. Plus it'd be RRP rather than discounted which means more $$$£££ for Cone Army.

Anyway no point in arguing about this because i do think they'll just release it in October like usual.

Last edited:
good points. i guess a late november release won't be too bad. but then again releasing earlier means you get a 'slack' extra time for next year in case things don't go as planned by september so you can delay release. but you can't do that if it is released early december, might as well scrap the title totally.

That's true, if they released it really late one year they would have to continue to release it in the same month the next year etc otherwise they wouldn't have a full year to development the next one i.e a December release one year then back to an October release the next year would mean that they would lose 3 months of development time.

Perhaps that's not such a great cycle to get into.

I think they should do that when the PS4 comes out but not before then.

You know what we have learned from Konami's royal complete fuck up at the start of this generation and long road to recovery! For now let's get PES 2012 and 13 right.

Then the important part.

When the PS4 comes on the horizon. Strip the gameplay away and start again developing a revolutionary game. Don't rush it out, just release PES from this gen with pretty graphics until the new game is sorted! As soon as the PS4/Xbox new spec are set in stone and we know what the capabilities are. Start building the next gen pes straight away and don't wait! Thats what FIFA did and that's why Konami were left embarrassed by EA for 2 years or so!

We need to give Konami (and EA if they sort themselves out) ideas what to add to the game technology wise. Give them fresh ideas and innovative ideas. Don't rush the game out. i sure by PES 2013, it'll be good enough so the game just needs yearly kit updates to keep people happy! So i would be happy to see Konami take a year off to perfect their next gen game.

------------------
Two things i think are needed to well, 'complete' atmosphere

Please BRING BACK CROWD ATTENDANCE! It's SO EASY and creates realistic atmosphere. Especially for games in Italy and the mid-table league teams in Spain, France, England and others. One of those very very small but highly annoying elements taken out they can so easily put back in, even with a patch!

variable attendance is in the game as well in Master league, teams struggling automatically have less fans turing up to home games. That what makes it so annoying i can't select it from the front end or in tournaments before game!

PLEASE i WANT this back in. I don't want almost every game to be a sellout with the dull, uninterested crowd. The San Siro rarely if ever sells out. Only for the big derbies and if Barca or Madrid come to town!

Banners!

Banners, MORE please. Like to see a choice of 3 options where you can select how passionate the crowd is.

Level 1. Same as PES 2011, modest (Premier league)

Level 2. One side of the ground would be very animated with a selection of huge banners and flags, the majority of the ground will have banners draped along the walls and railings (FC Porto, Ac Milan,

level 3. Two sides of the round will be a mass of colour and huge banners, streamers reigning down plus flares. (Bundersliga, Boca Juniors)

In addition, Sound somehow fifa sounds better, i should focus a bit more on the sound with fifa, can not lay my finger on it but the sound in fifa does it for me, it really does add something to the atmosphere, pes sounds a bit crowdless? less grabbing a would say, anyhow SOUND!!! more yelling fans let my speakers rumble,

In addition, Sound somehow fifa sounds better, i should focus a bit more on the sound with fifa, can not lay my finger on it but the sound in fifa does it for me, it really does add something to the atmosphere, pes sounds a bit crowdless? less grabbing a would say, anyhow SOUND!!! more yelling fans let my speakers rumble,

There's a positive remark regarding sound in PES 2012 on WENB's write up, though I would wait to know what exactly changed.

------------------
Two things i think are needed to well, 'complete' atmosphere

Please BRING BACK CROWD ATTENDANCE! It's SO EASY and creates realistic atmosphere. Especially for games in Italy and the mid-table league teams in Spain, France, England and others. One of those very very small but highly annoying elements taken out they can so easily put back in, even with a patch!

variable attendance is in the game as well in Master league, teams struggling automatically have less fans turing up to home games. That what makes it so annoying i can't select it from the front end or in tournaments before game!

PLEASE i WANT this back in. I don't want almost every game to be a sellout with the dull, uninterested crowd. The San Siro rarely if ever sells out. Only for the big derbies and if Barca or Madrid come to town!

Banners!

Banners, MORE please. Like to see a choice of 3 options where you can select how passionate the crowd is.

Level 1. Same as PES 2011, modest (Premier league)

Level 2. One side of the ground would be very animated with a selection of huge banners and flags, the majority of the ground will have banners draped along the walls and railings (FC Porto, Ac Milan,

level 3. Two sides of the round will be a mass of colour and huge banners, streamers reigning down plus flares. (Bundersliga, Boca Juniors)

Totally agree. These are kind of easy things to implement and would add a lot to the atmosphere and authenticity. I really miss the variable crowd levels from PES5.

Back
Top Bottom