PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

:CONFUSE::CONFUSE: I remember last year when a few of us were saying that the retail release was worse (for all the reasons detailed by Adam on the podcast) and you told us we were crazy :P

Hopefully that doesn't happen this year and Konami/Seabass has the balls to stick to their original vision.

Maybe I did, 'cause it didn't made much sense then, but slowly it became evident lol.

imo the demo was the best version by far. No way the Mlo was the best imo. Maybe the ball physics (passing speed) was more realistic, but players movement was so sluggish and felt a bit too unresponsive, the link feint was terribly abusive and crossing from corner kicks was a bit to hard to defend against, there was a cheap way to score from corners...

I admit i sucked at the game when the mlo beta was released, but it had lot of issues and i am sure that if the game was like the demo it would be much better. If the mlo beta was released with the demo code, people would have enjoyed it more (my opinion).

imo the demo was the best version by far. No way the Mlo was the best imo. Maybe the ball physics (passing speed) was more realistic, but players movement was so sluggish and felt a bit too unresponsive, the link feint was terribly abusive and crossing from corner kicks was a bit to hard to defend against, there was a cheap way to score from corners...

I admit i sucked at the game when the mlo beta was released, but it had lot of issues and i am sure that if the game was like the demo it would be much better. If the mlo beta was released with the demo code, people would have enjoyed it more (my opinion).

MLO beta was less fluid in terms of animations but it was a joy to play, much more than the demo and full version. I had a hard time recognizing it was so but it's undeniable, the things they did after the beta made the game much less enjoyable. I wonder if, somehow, that was a result of the feedback after the beta... The wrong kind of feedback...

According to Adam, in the preview code: catch-up bug wasn't there, stumble animation wasn't there, defensive system wasn't dumbed down... It's like they intentionally made it all worse before release. It's my top concern right now, if it happened last year, how can we be sure it won't happen again?

I think it's because of the super competitive fucks who wanted avenues to exploit!

MLO beta was less fluid in terms of animations but it was a joy to play, much more than the demo and full version. I had a hard time recognizing it was so but it's undeniable, the things they did after the beta made the game much less enjoyable. I wonder if, somehow, that was a result of the feedback after the beta... The wrong kind of feedback...

Pathetic FIFA fanboys signing up just to slate the game didn't help either! They had no intention to try and like the game!

The MLO had the best physics! Demo i think had better tackling slightly. The defensive system was better and stumble animtion wasan't there. Shame these where taken away at release but it didn't spoil PES 2011 me and it isn't stopping me from playing :)

Last edited:
But i also admit that in mlo beta I didn't buy any new player, so my team was the crap original team from mater league, and i got the code bit too late.

When i played with someone with the same team i had a good performance and the game was much more enjoyable.

Yeah, they did add some things that made the game worse.
As far as i remember when i played againt equal team (original from ML), the game was very satisfying. Far more enjoyable than most of the matchs I hae today.

MLO Beta > Demo > Retail version.

I agree that the earlier builds along with ball physics did things here and there better than the full game.

But i dunno, would say the MLO was better than the full game since it was still a beta and it had a lot of unfinished elements to it. The demo, again i dunno, the 10 minute demo gameplay was better than the 10 full game but 15 and upwards i disagree. That could make sense why 15 minutes, 20 minutes games upwards have far, far better passing and speed balanced compared to 10 minute matches but maybe that was always the intention?

It's more about finding out for sure if poor feedback dubbed down the game.

I remember how they stuffed up the tackling from the PES2011 demo to the final version? In the demo you could not tackle with x from behind the player as you were penalised for barging. You had to get goal side and time tackles properly then the imbiciles complained and they removed one of the biggest improvements in the game.

I liked and disliked this.

Liked it because tackling was a skill, more so than in the full game.

Didn't like how my mates who had no idea how to play the game just constantly gave away little fouls which stopped my little runs :RANT:

Last edited:
Tackling in the demo version was just briliant. It was all about timing and skills.

I always think that the more the game rewards you for using jockey (i think that's how it spells lol), the more relistic the game gets.

That's one of the huge advantage my brother has over me with the final version. I remember him compleinning so much about so many fouls he conceeded by presuring like a noob and then he used to say something like "how the hell you steal the ball that easy and I simply can't" ? It was simply because i knew to time my tackles, and using jockey button was far more rewarding. I even let him playing as Barça to make matchs more balanced, because i was far more skilled than him due to realistic tackling system and refs (even loosing most of the matchs in the fina version I think I still am, but he just abuses in some of aspects that needs more balance - imo - all the time, and most of the he picks up a better team).

Another thing is that in the final version the passing somehow became easier, or at least faster and then more unrealistic physics, so I still feel the game is more "biased" to quick passing/fast paced game compared to demo.

In the final game he refuses to play with teams from libertadores tho, exactly becuse its harder to link quick passes and 1-2s and through passes are not as accurate for obvios reasons. I had played Corinthians vs Sao Paulo against(he was Corinthians) him and he still beat for a VERY lucky goal due to a terrible save from Rogério Ceni, but i totally dominted the match (very unfair result but it happens in real life). After that match he just want to play with the likes of real madrid, chealsea and etc.

Last edited:
There was freedom about the MLO beta that was less appreciable in the retail version. It's hard to put my finger on exactly what, but the game felt more organic, and the ball physics more natural. I scored a couple of goals in the beta that I've not seen anything like since. One was a dipping volley from the edge of the area with massive topspin on it. They were not your typical PES goals, and they were great.

But Konami tinkered with the game and the end product felt less compelling.

The MLO Beta was only really intriguing because it was all new, no doubt IMO the Demo was the best version, really blew me away. Retail was only slightly a watered down version.

Dudu when you play just your brother, you do set the game with as 15 minutes and on Top Player (highest level)?

He's not playing you on 10 minutes with regular AI?

Kobayashi are you saying you can set the AI difficulty when playing against a human opponent? I never play multiplayer but surely I'm misunderstanding here, what would be the point in an AI difficulty setting when you're
playing a person, not the AI?

Exactly Rom. LT, Top Player is MASSIVE when playing human AI. It stops the other 9-10 Ai controlled players being a bunch of useless pricks.

That, and for the goalkeepers - though it might only be a placebo effect. In fact, I have always done so since the early PES games.

On a different note, last Friday I had a friend over, and we played PES 2011. However, since he had never played a next-gen version, and I had PES6 around, we ended up then playing PES6 vs one another.

It really is not on the same league as 2011, no matter how much my mind plays tricks on me ;) The passing isn't that great, there's the speed-whoring factor... what I really miss from it is the shot feint :|

Looking forward to the next batch of news.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

i liked the demo build because the foul frequency was very realistic. they dumbed it down as some of you lot complained it was too much but imo it wasnt and required you to time your tackles a bit instead of constant holding down the pressure button

Not really played that much of PES11 but I miss the jockey button that FIFA uses. Reading back people say to jockey. What button does this in PES as I must have missed it when trying it out? Or do you just run and move by the player with the ball??

Exactly Rom. LT, Top Player is MASSIVE when playing human AI. It stops the other 9-10 Ai controlled players being a bunch of useless pricks.

Interesting. Do you think that your own team's AI improves when playing single player too? I appreciate that the AI opponents would improve, have you noticed any difference in your own players off the ball between, say, Pro and Top Player?

I remember how they stuffed up the tackling from the PES2011 demo to the final version? In the demo you could not tackle with x from behind the player as you were penalised for barging. You had to get goal side and time tackles properly then the imbiciles complained and they removed one of the biggest improvements in the game.

hear hear zee my old friend, the MLO beta and the Demo were fantastic in this regard, Konami crumpled and caved at the last checkpoint, so dissapointing.

Not really played that much of PES11 but I miss the jockey button that FIFA uses. Reading back people say to jockey. What button does this in PES as I must have missed it when trying it out? Or do you just run and move by the player with the ball??

Jockeying in PES 2011 is coupled together with taclking, you can contain if you hold X + stick/dpad in the opposite direction of your opponent, and then when you think the timing is right you can change the direction towards the opponent and attack the ball. But it looks much less effective in the full game, 'cause they made it all easier and more like what we always had after the demo lol.

PES 2012 should be a different story though since jockeying is now assigned to R2+X.

It's odd in that Konami do not seem to realise that they can increase the fluidity and response of players and off set this with better aggression and AI.

Whenever they try to make it more realistic and challanging it always results in players being unresponsive. You can definitely have both response, realism and difficulty, just need to edit the players stats.

I am still playing and loving the version of the game I put out with game play changes.

I use R2. I'm not sure if its the default button though as I move around buttons a lot. So if it ain't R2 for you then it must be L2.

Interesting. Do you think that your own team's AI improves when playing single player too? I appreciate that the AI opponents would improve, have you noticed any difference in your own players off the ball between, say, Pro and Top Player?

Of course mate, it's been like that since forever. It's specially noticeable on BAL (although for some cases they're still morons) and with keepers.

It does IMO, your players will support and move into space a lot more on top player, though the defenders will track them but this does make the game more realistic.

Looking at the footage and the interviews I'm very excited by the prospect of PES12 and overlapping, intelligent off the ball movement, this implementation alone has the potential to revolutionise football games if done properly, without cheapo exploits.

I use R2. I'm not sure if its the default button though as I move around buttons a lot. So if it ain't R2 for you then it must be L2.

Read above, there's no special button :P All down to where you move the stick. If you're using R2 then you're ready for PES 2012!

There is a huge transitional process required for the most part in all aspects of footballing technique when trying to even begin to master the subtleties of PES when coming from Fifa. It's a void that I would assume would take an awful lot of patience and geunine understanding of football. It's hard enough for hardcore PES only players, never mind those acclimated to a completely different philosophy. Or at least, that's how I see it anyway.

Read above, there's no special button :P All down to where you move the stick. If you're using R2 then you're ready for PES 2012!

What are you on about mate? I've been using the R2 to jockey about the whole time. I never used this x and opposite direction. All I do is use R2 and left stick and bam!

What are you on about mate? I've been using the R2 to jockey about the whole time. I never used this x and opposite direction. All I do is use R2 and left stick and bam!

That's because technically if you move the left stick while pressing X in any direction other than the absolute opposite direction of where the opponent is running, you'll always attack the ball. Try not using R2, the result will be the same :P

Back
Top Bottom