PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

solved the frustration of shots being blocked from outside the box this game is magic viva pes 2012

i play offline with the official 1.06 patch

jimmy remember the agony of pes 2010 and 11, we made history with pes 2012 thank god we achieved this game to cater our lush for pes

jummy im not ready for pes 2013 too after the solving the problem of taking shots thank god

Last edited:
PES 2011 was a great game in retrospect. Only the poor AI held it back in the end. Wouldn't like to think how much time I invested into that MLO.

I played some matchs in superstart level and the cheating in the last one was beyond ridiculous. The CPU scored 2 goals in free kicks (as always) and the way the CPU got the last free kick was embarrasing. I tried to get the ball with a slide tackle, i would stop CPU attack without any problem, but out of sudden the CPU player feet crossed the ball as if it was a ghost ball, so i touched his feet instead of the ball. 100% cheating.

My game experience has been poor these days. The game is awfully inconsistent, very poor programing and embarassing moments that physics are completetly illogical to favor the CPU.

And i am getting sick of the amount of times that i have to press super cancel in every ball ahead of my players, specially air balls.

Potential is there, but programing is just so poor.

I played some matchs in superstart level and the cheating in the last one was beyond ridiculous. The CPU scored 2 goals in free kicks (as always) and the way the CPU got the last free kick was embarrasing. I tried to get the ball with a slide tackle, i would stop CPU attack without any problem, but out of sudden the CPU player feet crossed the ball as if it was a ghost ball, so i touched his feet instead of the ball. 100% cheating.

My game experience has been poor these days. The game is awfully inconsistent, very poor programing and embarassing moments that physics are completetly illogical to favor the CPU.

And i am getting sick of the amount of times that i have to press super cancel in every ball ahead of my players, specially air balls.

Potential is there, but programing is just so poor.

Yes, there are alot of problems with playerswitching, rails and clipping-issues, but imho there is no cheating on superstar.

There is huge momentum going on when you score against the CPU, but in real life scoring against the other team often causes them to up their game to try and equalise and you can get them on the counter, in the game its's similar.

Have you tried to control the goalkeeper and put him in the middle of the goal and then to deselect him again? Most of the times freekick-goals can be prevented that way.

I'm selling this piece of shit game for the second time, friendly matches are great and well balanced since the patch, but enter a competition mode and the game is fucked.

I just played my ML for two seasons. First season in Div 2 was great, well balanced, evenly contested. I dragged myself from bottom of the table to end up fifth, and was building a good team.

Second season, by halfway through the season, I was second place, two point off the leaders, and had a massive twelve point cushion over the team in fourth place. I then strengthened my squad with a 78 rated keeper. I then won a match 4-0 away from home, by best win of the season, and went top of the table.

From that point on, the CPU was transformed into some kind of ugly, win at all costs parody of the game on the previous patches. I'd conceded only 9 goals in 18 matches, but suddenly the CPU was able to slalom past multiple defenders as and when it wanted, over and over, rebounds fell for the CPU all the time, the CPU was stonger, faster, first to the ball, no matter what I did it would come out on top. Total transformation from probably nearly 100 matches previously, and I presume because I'd gone top of the table for the first time.

My keeper, too, became useless, barely ever actually making a save unless it was straight at him. All the CPU would need every game was one or two shots, and it would get a goal off every single one. On the other hand, I'd now take about ten shots to score one goal every game, their keeper pulling off reflex saves, acrobatic tip overs etc, whereas both my keepers would then let in a weak dribbling shot under their leg.

It went on like this to the extent that I went from losing just 2 matches in my opening 22 matches, I think, to winning just 3 and losing 12 of my remaining 15 fixtures.

Final game of the season, I was amazingly still in the hunt, I needed a win and the team above to draw or lose. The other team drew, so all I needed was to hang onto my 2-1 lead with four minutes to go. Yep, you guessed it, I then got done over four minutes from time by the most scripted goal I've ever seen. Two lucky deflections followed by four robotic, 100mph pin-point, ping pong passing, and a weak effort that drifted over my useless keeper. And all this with that team's second effort on goal of the entire match, so score their second goal and make it 2-2. With that, promotion was lost and I finished fourth having been in the top three for every match of the season bar the final two matches.

This game does what it wants, when it wants. Utter, bullshit, scripted garbage. It's a stat heavy game, but it's amazing how conveniently stats are fucked off out of the window when the CPU's play is concerned.

Shite.

Last edited:
I fear you have contracted a severe case of PESitus. Take a break, play something else and when you do return, go right back to basics, on every fundamental level.

There is no coincidence that people think its the best thing since sliced bread when they are winning. On the flip-side, the very same game that has been the recipient of lavish praise when everything is clicking, then becomes the most scripted piece of shit Seabass has ever produced when things are not going to plan. Not true. Same game.

I personally find when things aren't going my way on the pitch, my play becomes forced, rushed and hurried. My own errors are then capitalised on by the CPU. Also, going behind in this PES can make the game very difficult as the CPU looks to shut up shop. It never rains it pours.

If you truly believe that the CPU is deliberately deciding the results before a ball is even kicked in anger, then the experience is already ruined for you. You can never recover from that. I dont subscribe to that mindset in the slightest, it is what it is. Crack on, roll your sleeves up and get back on the horse. Simple as that. Or sell the game that has already given you a plethora of positive emotion.

Last edited:
Good advice, but my ML is done at any rate :((

I'll leave the game for a while and stick to smaller tournaments I think. I think it's maybe more fun in shorter doses, so no need to sell the game just yet then!

Guys first post. I picked this up on ps3 today. Can anyone point me in the direction of the best kit patch?

I have an important announcement to make are you ready to play pes 2012?

then i suggest you download the nvidia beta drivers that have been released that will completely remap the way you play pes 2012 on your pc the driver version i have is 301.24 and guess what people FXAA Antialising and ambient occlusion has been introduced, im not kidding if you wanna play real soccer download these new beta drivers now or else your missing out on the new experience

Last edited:
And don't forget the placebo pills before playing, you'll have brand new pes 12 experience then.

On serious note, graphics is not the reason me and lots of other guys dislike pes12. It's the annoying gameplay gimmicks which already stated above and on the other threads.

P.S i prefer regular msaa over fxaa on the nvidia settings. Extra blur with fxaa is annoying.

Just a little thing I want to ask. Adidas kits have both baggy and skin tight version option when editing a players kit preferences. Now, how come Konami doesn't use it? For example, Robben uses the tight version of the kit in real life, yet in the game, he has the baggy version, as do everyone who uses the tight version.

Another thing is how do you let the ball through your legs when reciving it from a pass? In FIFA, I think its RT + RB (R2 + R1).

Lastly, which is better, constantly tapping RB (R1) or using RB + RT (R1 + R2) on runs?

Last edited:
This is what is with up with PES 2012.
Don't get me wrong I love the game. But...
Just started a League in the prem with A.C.Siena transferred.
First game I won easily against QPR 2 - 1 by only incorporating Lobby one tactics.
The first goal was a 50 yard over the top through ball which Bogdani ran onto and scored. The second was the result of an clipped through ball down the wing where the assisted run worked a treat. Brienza crossed first time and a free header for Mannini ensued.
I would prefer to score goals with patient build up play rather than this blatant lob it forward tactics but that's the situation we find ourselves in.
Third game against Wigan ended 0 - 0 with John Champion commenting that this type of game was killing football and that the players should be ashamed of themselves.
I thought I'd had a good result on Superstar 0 assistance passing all other assists off, gmespeed 0. Loved it.
Konami developers need to realise what replicates a good football game and what doesn't.

Guys first post. I picked this up on ps3 today. Can anyone point me in the direction of the best kit patch?

I use the GTM Patch, has the kits and also a lot of new players.. Definitely worth a shot :)
It's on the page linked in the other reply to this and also the link can be found on one of the recent pages in the Football Life thread!

has anyone tried the new nvidia beta driver 301.24 im absolutely having the best time of pes 2012 for those who say it's the placebo effect i urge you to update your driver to this new version this is amazing, it's not me telling this read the bloody nvidia update changes

has anyone tried the new nvidia beta driver 301.24 im absolutely having the best time of pes 2012 for those who say it's the placebo effect i urge you to update your driver to this new version this is amazing, it's not me telling this read the bloody nvidia update changes

You enjoy the game, cool.

But i meant cosmetic improvement won't make 'haters' love the game. You'd been get that if read more than one word in my post there.

And don't forget the placebo pills before playing, you'll have brand new pes 12 experience then.

On serious note, graphics is not the reason me and lots of other guys dislike pes12. It's the annoying gameplay gimmicks which already stated above and on the other threads.

P.S i prefer regular msaa over fxaa on the nvidia settings. Extra blur with fxaa is annoying.

I do think lots of people play fifa also because of overall sub par graphic and animation PES has, yes ? If no blur fix and night match lighting adjustment do not exist, i may have uninstalled pes from my hard drive lol.

Last edited:
I got that presentation when I bought Torres.

I'm still suffering from the world's worst case of PES-itis. I re-bought the game, loved it, was scoring from flowing moves, long shots, really nice varied goals, and it felt very organic and balanced.

Since last weekend when I had a nightmare ML experience, losing a 12-point lead with one win in fourteen matches to miss out on promotion, I can't even buy a win in friendly matches. I tried playing as Germany v Bulgaria, and couldn't muster a decent shot. I keep getting closed down constantly, defences are packed, and I get hit on the break. It doesn't feel like the game I've been playing since patch 1.06, which is bizarre because it is the same game.

Really strange. It must be me doing something wrong, but I've tried slowing the pace down, waiting for player runs, working the all around, going back if no pass is on etc etc, but players don't seem to want to make any runs. Every team I play as feels so static especially when the CPU is pressing so hard. Previously, I could work the ball around and often find loads of space in the opposing CPU's box.

Bizarre.

hmm consider this since youv started playing ml have you installed any anti virus programs or any other changes that you can maybe recall i mean the game never changes but the experience can

I'm still suffering from the world's worst case of PES-itis. I re-bought the game, loved it, was scoring from flowing moves, long shots, really nice varied goals, and it felt very organic and balanced.

Since last weekend when I had a nightmare ML experience, losing a 12-point lead with one win in fourteen matches to miss out on promotion, I can't even buy a win in friendly matches. I tried playing as Germany v Bulgaria, and couldn't muster a decent shot. I keep getting closed down constantly, defences are packed, and I get hit on the break. It doesn't feel like the game I've been playing since patch 1.06, which is bizarre because it is the same game.

Really strange. It must be me doing something wrong, but I've tried slowing the pace down, waiting for player runs, working the all around, going back if no pass is on etc etc, but players don't seem to want to make any runs. Every team I play as feels so static especially when the CPU is pressing so hard. Previously, I could work the ball around and often find loads of space in the opposing CPU's box.

Bizarre.

I gave up on Master League or any other form of league and cup matches due to the exact same problems of scripting and cheating performed by the AI in this game.
The only way I have found a superbly enjoyable game is to play all my games in exhibition mode and use a computor to run a league and cup campaign.
At least I can choose time and day for matches, change most parameters depending on the match and update transfers.
Its just a shame I have to resort to such drastic measures to enjoy the game.

Yes, there are alot of problems with playerswitching, rails and clipping-issues, but imho there is no cheating on superstar.

There is huge momentum going on when you score against the CPU, but in real life scoring against the other team often causes them to up their game to try and equalise and you can get them on the counter, in the game its's similar.

Have you tried to control the goalkeeper and put him in the middle of the goal and then to deselect him again? Most of the times freekick-goals can be prevented that way.

I played the game today around 3 hours non stop and it was really enjoyable. I advanced to the quarter finals in Libertadores playing with Flamengo after scoring from a free kick with Ronaldinho in the last minute of the match (3-3), and thanks to it i'm still in the competition. This gave me that great feeling from the old days... it was on superstart I guess:COOL:

When the game is simply not working for me i'll just turn the console off now. It's better to leave and play the game in the other day.

Interesting the tip regarding the cpu free kicks. I'll put into practice next time.:))

Last edited:
lol after reading LT's rants this past week I decided to try another go at ML with the default players but only made it through one game! the very first shot of my ML was by the CPU and it hit the crossbar and then the back of my keeper's (Lothar, I think) head and into the net! But that didn't make me stop; in fact, I love that random, crazy stuff in PES. What made me give up was that I actually won the game 1-2. I had 62% of the possession (with the default players!) and scored both goals from crosses, one by Hamsun and one by Heeders. Even better, both crosses were struck by DMF Dodo (he of the two broken feet and 10 cent head with the technical delicacy of an anvil). In fact, he was playing out of position on the wing and on the wrong foot (no one else had a good-colored arrow...:CONFUSE:

Last edited:
I gave up on Master League or any other form of league and cup matches due to the exact same problems of scripting and cheating performed by the AI in this game.
The only way I have found a superbly enjoyable game is to play all my games in exhibition mode and use a computor to run a league and cup campaign.
At least I can choose time and day for matches, change most parameters depending on the match and update transfers.
Its just a shame I have to resort to such drastic measures to enjoy the game.

I can testify that there is absolutely no cheating on superstar-level. Usually losing against the CPU has to do with the wrong tactics. The problem is before you play against a specific team you have no idea what tactic is best.

That's why I suggest to play the first game against a CPU-team as a rehearsal-match in order to find out what tactics to use. In real life there are experts analysing the opponent's team, in the game you have to do it yourself with a rehearsal-match. You can then decide to make the second or third game count.

An important element is the defense/attack-level you choose in the tactical help-screen. Against a good attacking team, it's better to set the mentality-level on defensive.

But you are right with nightgames looking awful, and most games in the modis are played at night.

For PES 2013 there should be an option to decide the time and weather of matches in all modi, regardless of realism.

Back
Top Bottom