PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I've just left the speed at zero. Anything lower is too sluggish for me. The ball speed looks better on zero although the players move a touch too fast.

I didn't notice much difference In gamespeed depending on wich stadium you play, but somehow i have some preferences regarding wich generic stadium i will play in, since all stadiums for Libertadores are generics.

Ps: à propósito, amigo portuga :), já que estamos falando de estádios, você saberia me dizer onde eu posso encontrar patchs com bom estádios para baixar ? Eu sei que você joga no PC pelo que já li, mas como você é muito fã da série, talvez você saiba me indicar um bom site pra baixar esses patchs para PS3 (versão americana).

Ps2: Sorry to post In portuguese guys, but it is nothing important to share here. ;)

If you don't mind I'll answer you in English as I don't think the mods are fans of non-english posts heh. For PS3, I'm really not sure where you can find stadiums. I know that pesgaming has a very good console editing section, you could try looking for them there, in the league specific threads.

Top Player/Superstar on zero plays like a pinball match for me, I was playing on -1 but since the latest patch ive had to change down to -2.

I just dont know what to make of this game. Started a ML with several different teams but I cant get into it.

What annoys me that I like to choose a team thats not brilliant but I do like to use the proper players. So Ill choose someone like Wigan or QPR.
But they have made them so shit this year that any player below rating of 83 is a waste of time and as you can imagine Wigan dont have any above 75.

Every player is so slow and feel like they are running through custard. The movement is also poor but them being so poor makes it a chore rather than fun. Even Wigans star players (Moses, Maloney, McArthur etc) are all really shite.

I also think that Konami have outdone themselves in players looking like who they are meant to be. Just played Liverpool and Carroll aside no one looks like who they are meant to.

Joe Cole has curly hair. Nice.

Also why do keepers try to save shots with their knees when their hands will do?

The really need to work on keepers for PES13 cos they are still horrible animation wise in PES12.

If you don't mind I'll answer you in English as I don't think the mods are fans of non-english posts heh. For PS3, I'm really not sure where you can find stadiums. I know that pesgaming has a very good console editing section, you could try looking for them there, in the league specific threads.

Thanks for the help. I'll check this out.

Since coming back to the game I stayed on zero speed as it seemed perfect ... But last night I tried -1 and it felt better, like players have more weight to them or something.

That said, on -1 I suddenly started having issues timing my tackles so back to zero for me. The longer you play a game speed, the more you get used to it and the more 'normal' the pace seems to the eye. Zero is only just faster than -1 so I'll leave it at that I think. I swear the game was designed for zero speed setting, because if I set the game to a slower speed, like I said, I get issues with tackling and the odd random animation lock up etc. I reckon the engine struggles at times with balancing these things out on a slower speed.

Yep, I kept trying -1, but always returned quite quickly to Zero. The pace of the passing just felt off, and definitely felt 'wrong'. The game, in my opinion, was built for the default speed. But, like you mention, once you play with a certain speed consistently, it can start to feel right. I just struggle to get passed the bedding-in period and first hurdle, if you like.

Last edited:
PES is weird. -2 was perfect for me last night. Switch it off. Come back today, switch it on, and -2 is too slow like on slow mo. Thought I was going crazy, kept playing, still too slow, changed it to -1 and it's perfect again.

:?

That'll be the late night reefers. ;)

To reduce compactness-level to 6 really prevented alot of goals on top-player that I would have called as cheating/scripting before.

The scripting is still to be felt with the CPU more urgent and better in passing but now it isn't unstoppable anymore. In 80% of the cases I can now stop the script-inspired-goals.:))

What annoys me that I like to choose a team thats not brilliant but I do like to use the proper players. So Ill choose someone like Wigan or QPR.
But they have made them so shit this year that any player below rating of 83 is a waste of time and as you can imagine Wigan dont have any above 75.

Every player is so slow and feel like they are running through custard. The movement is also poor but them being so poor makes it a chore rather than fun. Even Wigans star players (Moses, Maloney, McArthur etc) are all really shite.

I feel the exact opposite. I bought Kightly, who's rated in the low 70s and he's vastly better than what he should be. Absolutely rapid with ridiculous levels of control, even at high speeds. I found the defaults significantly better than previous years, to the point where it devalued purchase of higher quality players tbh

I just dont know what to make of this game. Started a ML with several different teams but I cant get into it.

I also think that Konami have outdone themselves in players looking like who they are meant to be. Just played Liverpool and Carroll aside no one looks like who they are meant to.

Joe Cole has curly hair. Nice.

Also why do keepers try to save shots with their knees when their hands will do?

The really need to work on keepers for PES13 cos they are still horrible animation wise in PES12.

It used to be a lot worse. That's is why I started editing the game in the first place. A few years ago there was only a few teams that were any good play with or against and a handful of players worth buying in the master league. It's not as bad as it was, but they write of most teams in the game with stats that poor and don't take I to accout that good players, play at small clubs.

The analogy I have used before is that fantasy football competitions in news papers don't make all the players at big clubs the most expensive. A lot of the most expensive players are at big clubs, but there is also players at smaller clubs who create goals and score often who are priced high. These players are never given good stats in the game. How teams like Swansea play isn't taken into account, how good players like Brunt and Dempsey are, aren't taken into account, because they don't play for a big clubs.

-1 Speed, 1 bar passing assistance, Professional difficulty, PES2012 1.06 = Enjoyable Game

v1.06 should have been 1.02 or 1.03, the patch comes a bit late, but still it is very welcome!

The game's a god-damn awful buggy scripted mess that can in no way shape or form be considered to be representative of a game of football.

I realise the need for scripting for dramatic purposes. But when I see tonight as I was playing a game the CPU attacker pass right throughmy defender like a ghost, I realise the game is a complete joke and can't be taken seriously in any way shape or form. (I've saved this replay, if someone could tell me how to post it I'd be grateful.)

I've come to the realisation that more often than not I'll be screwed over by the CPU in one way or another. So now I've decided to play the remaining season of my current ML by just choosing the view match score option on the pre match screen.

I really am hoping Konami addresses the scripting issue in PES 2013 because the prevalence this year of scripting is ruining the experience for me. Personally a fairer CPU AI will take prevalence over fancy graphics and millionaire footballers adorning the cover of the game.

The game's a god-damn awful buggy scripted mess that can in no way shape or form be considered to be representative of a game of football.

I realise the need for scripting for dramatic purposes. But when I see tonight as I was playing a game the CPU attacker pass right throughmy defender like a ghost, I realise the game is a complete joke and can't be taken seriously in any way shape or form. (I've saved this replay, if someone could tell me how to post it I'd be grateful.)

I've come to the realisation that more often than not I'll be screwed over by the CPU in one way or another. So now I've decided to play the remaining season of my current ML by just choosing the view match score option on the pre match screen.

I really am hoping Konami addresses the scripting issue in PES 2013 because the prevalence this year of scripting is ruining the experience for me. Personally a fairer CPU AI will take prevalence over fancy graphics and millionaire footballers adorning the cover of the game.

Shouldn't konami have different separate resources for AI department and graphic/animation one.. i mean just ask them to improve both.. Is true if having a superb graphic will influence the AI programming ? Not that graphic patch as in PC version alter how the default AI play, right ?

Fired up my ML again after a few exhibition and Copa games on the weekend with the new patch. Had a tough run of Tottenham, Man Utd and Chelsea. Lost them all. Had to drop down from Superstar to Professional after the first two games as I was getting walloped. Still lost to Chelsea lol.

Not sure if anything else thinks so but teams are playing more to their team styles now (as per whiteboard pre game). Noticed players switching it between defenders, forwards playing a pass backwards and the aforementioned teams playing through the midfield. Hallelujah!

There is definitely more weight in the ball now. I LOVE LOVE LOVE hitting chipped through balls across the pitch - they are nice and driven now :) Noticed a lot more shots travelling along the ground or close to it. And for the first time ever, I scored an R2 curler low into the bottom corner - but not one of those whipped shots that you can do with the special shooting card that Rooney has. I shot off a standing start from about 23 yards with R2 and my player aimed just outside the post and curled it past the keeper. The keeper got beaten my placement, not power, but if anything, his lame dive made the goal look a little undervalued. But the shot technique was something I'd never seen before.

The game is definitely harder now with teams of differing values. My weakish ML team was only able to stay competitive with QPR and another team I forgot. The big clubs dominated me and the gun players (Rooney, Drogba) shone through.

When Jon Murhpy said PES will smash FIFA in gameplay - only now can I truly think they've achieved this. But it's most welcome :)

Some really good saves made by keepers now but they do need to improve positioning a lot more. They get caught in no mans land sometimes and then act like rabbits caught in the headlights.

The whole game feels a lot more free now too. Just a lot more organic than it was before. Anyone else feel the same?

Shouldn't konami have different separate resources for AI department and graphic/animation one.. i mean just ask them to improve both.. Is true if having a superb graphic will influence the AI programming ? Not that graphic patch as in PC version alter how the default AI play, right ?

I have the same feeling regarding this. The so called PES Team has grown massively this gen and if you look at the credits there's dozens of people for every department of the game, you would expect so much more in all regards... Graphics are actually several steps back from PES 2010 and all they did to the AI was spending a ridiculous amount of time (supposedly) making it "godlike" through a series of scripts that makes offline completely annoying to play.

There seems to be a bug introduced with the new patch regarding gamespeed on xbox360.

You all know that I play on gamespeed -2 and I found it a step too fast after patch 1.06, but this is different.

The gamespeed seems to change from the last time I switched on the game, sometimes -2 feels like playing on +1. The difference is extreme.

I hope that an additional patch gets made that a) makes gamespeed -2 a step slower and b) makes it consistent and not varying extremely from one playsession to the next.

Last edited:
The only thing I've noticed which appears strange is that a couple of times (in training and in a match) I've tried to lob the keeper but the player scuffs it along the ground. Anyone seen that? I was running in a 1 v 1 situation and then slowed down a bit and tried the lob. Hrmmmm.

That'll be the late night reefers. ;)
:LMAO:

*cough* What are you on about?

;)

Fired up my ML again after a few exhibition and Copa games on the weekend with the new patch. Had a tough run of Tottenham, Man Utd and Chelsea. Lost them all. Had to drop down from Superstar to Professional after the first two games as I was getting walloped. Still lost to Chelsea lol.

Not sure if anything else thinks so but teams are playing more to their team styles now (as per whiteboard pre game). Noticed players switching it between defenders, forwards playing a pass backwards and the aforementioned teams playing through the midfield. Hallelujah!

There is definitely more weight in the ball now. I LOVE LOVE LOVE hitting chipped through balls across the pitch - they are nice and driven now :) Noticed a lot more shots travelling along the ground or close to it. And for the first time ever, I scored an R2 curler low into the bottom corner - but not one of those whipped shots that you can do with the special shooting card that Rooney has. I shot off a standing start from about 23 yards with R2 and my player aimed just outside the post and curled it past the keeper. The keeper got beaten my placement, not power, but if anything, his lame dive made the goal look a little undervalued. But the shot technique was something I'd never seen before.

The game is definitely harder now with teams of differing values. My weakish ML team was only able to stay competitive with QPR and another team I forgot. The big clubs dominated me and the gun players (Rooney, Drogba) shone through.

When Jon Murhpy said PES will smash FIFA in gameplay - only now can I truly think they've achieved this. But it's most welcome :)

Some really good saves made by keepers now but they do need to improve positioning a lot more. They get caught in no mans land sometimes and then act like rabbits caught in the headlights.

The whole game feels a lot more free now too. Just a lot more organic than it was before. Anyone else feel the same?

I've actually done the opposite. Started on Pro then last night switched to Superstar in my crucial game vs Man City (need a point to qualify to CL). Enjoyed the game and for some reason scripts were less obvious. Makes me think how these scripts work, just random and not based on difficulty?

Keepers, definitely improved. Mine wonderfully saved 3 consecutive headers from corners (realistically) but then conceded the fourth (got deflected to another who find the empty goal).

Nice - but how did you go against Man City? :P

Yeah you can concede goals as easily on Professional as you can on Superstar. But it's wonderful to see some football being played now by the AI. Some of the goals they score are corkers!

Had an excellent run of form yesterday, which culminated in a magnificent quarter final Europa league win away from home first leg, so semi's here we come. Then United!

Got spanked 3-1, but enjoyed every minute of it. The goals they scored were varied and stunning, including a Rooney dink over my keeper, a Young dribble and skinning of an outclassed Robinson and headed goal and a lovely build up play move that had two runners and completely diced my defence. I had no answer to them.

Tactically I had this one all wrong. I fell into the trap of playing possession high up he pitch and letting players get ahead of the ball, this fell right into their hands as they countered with their four forward players all day long. A lesson learnt. AGAIN.

Loving PES at the moment. Scored a stunning bicycle kick with Kuyt too, I'll upload later.

I choose Valencia as my new ML team and liking them.

Have signed Neymar and free agent Joe Cole.

In talks with a few young loans.

Hard to sell players or get them loaned out.

I choose Valencia as my new ML team and liking them.

Have signed Neymar and free agent Joe Cole.

In talks with a few young loans.

Hard to sell players or get them loaned out.

xPJRx posted a hint about selling players. Keep removing and putting the players you want to sell on the transfer list every day so that their loyalty keeps dropping which would then get teams to buy them.

Try it.

Back
Top Bottom