PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Something is up with this latest patch because I've found myself playing this game everyday, which has not happened since the game was released.

The game feels a little more open, a little more balanced and much more fun to play. I genuinely don't think there is a placebo effect at work here. All previous versions of this game have failed to capture me but this one is different. It could just be that a number of small tweaks have come together to form an improvement bigger than the sum of its parts.

+1 You take my words.

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

I must admit that in all this time, before the last patch i played FIFA 12, like a robot-zombie without fun, without passion, and a couple of days in a week. They was grey days.
Until a good friend of mine enter my lair and says, WTF are you doing!? Try the new patch 1.06 and LIVE!

The rest is pure happiness...

yeah I agree keeper positioning is not good, but they did a damn good job with the rest. Gameplay is very balanced imo, there is much more midfield play and scrambling. Sometimes they even pass back to the keeper from the middle circle, damn.

I've been playing as Malaga CF quite a lot. They are one of my favourite teams in this game. I think I've developed a pixelated man-crush on pint-sized Argentine playmaker Diego Buonanotte. He's got magic feet and works wonders in the hole behind old stalwart Ruud van Nistelhoorse.

Diego Buonanotte is the archetypal PES cult hero. Volatile and unpredictable, with moments of absolute genius.

Speaking of PES cult heroes though, this guy...

images

....would single handedly win me games on PES5. Lanky but with majestic finesse, I'd have him floating in from the left and curl one into the bottom corner ala Henry circa 2001-2004 :COOL:

Baggio was my PES nemesis. Lost count of the number of times Brescia knocked me out of knock-out competitions because of his deft freekicks.

Or even worse, Adriano online. As soon he picked up the ball within 40 yards of goal, you'd desperately lunch as many men as possible at him get in the way of any attempt. Of course it was no use, since Adriano could shoot through brick walls and would rip apart you goal-net.

Last edited:
Yes, I remember Caracciolo. Classy finisher in typical Italian style. Also remember Baggio ruining my team when I came up against Brescia. Great days. :))

When people talk about a game having soul, this is what we mean.

Oh my God, the magic is back in PES! I made such an awesome goal that caused me to jump out of my seat. Since PES 5 that didn't happen.

Playing on gamespeed -2 (which I find to be even a little too fast) and superstar-difficulty. Top-player has problems with preventing easy throughballs because the AI is not clever enough, therefore cheating is a bit more there to help out.

On superstar the AI is more clever and it offers less cheating, knock on wood, will report tommorrow if that is consistent with more matches.

The game is a bit more arcade now than with the previous patches, but I don't mind it that much cause it's so damn fun right now.

Those of you playing with -2 gamespeed, how do you manage it? It seems much too slow for me, like it's in slow-motion. Ideally I'd like something in between -1 and 0, the ball seems a bit slow on -1 but the players seem a bit too fast on 0.

Agree with all points. Since the demos With -1 and -2 it's like i'm running through treacle, was alright with 0 speed on 1.03 but now its a bit faster and could be toned down a little. Still fun though.

I think the other guys have covered off all the points but to Radha1 - on Superstar I've been having a little bit more of possession than the AI but a lot of it is in my own half and not camped out on the edge of the AI's penalty box. And in a lot of games, the AI has had a lot more shots on goal than I have.

It's nicely balanced now but rather than dropping down a difficulty, I'll just have to make sure I get my tactics right for each opponent, or else I'm gonna bleed goals!

I think the other guys have covered off all the points but to Radha1 - on Superstar I've been having a little bit more of possession than the AI but a lot of it is in my own half and not camped out on the edge of the AI's penalty box. And in a lot of games, the AI has had a lot more shots on goal than I have.

It's nicely balanced now but rather than dropping down a difficulty, I'll just have to make sure I get my tactics right for each opponent, or else I'm gonna bleed goals!

Good news! I'm looking forward to trying PES 2012 again, unfortunately we're having a bit of internet trouble at home (umm, i might have forgotten to pay the bill...) i've been reading all of your guys comments from the library. Argh!

Zlac, No I hadnt mentioned it over on PESUltra mate, heres how its done:

Put the players you wish to sell on the transfer list, ignore their moans asking you why you have listed them, then every few days or once a week in game, take them off the transfer list then immediately relist them again, each time you do this their club affection will go down.
when it gets very low and they're unhappy you will receive a transfer bid for them.
The key is constantly relisting the player and igmoring their moans.

This method was suggested by someone else so just passing on the info.
Thanks for the tip mate. Wouldn't this cause unrest among other team members? That used to be the case in 2010.

Something is up with this latest patch because I've found myself playing this game everyday, which has not happened since the game was released.

The game feels a little more open, a little more balanced and much more fun to play. I genuinely don't think there is a placebo effect at work here. All previous versions of this game have failed to capture me but this one is different. It could just be that a number of small tweaks have come together to form an improvement bigger than the sum of its parts.

+1 You take my words.

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

I must admit that in all this time, before the last patch i played FIFA 12, like a robot-zombie without fun, without passion, and a couple of days in a week. They was grey days.
Until a good friend of mine enter my lair and says, WTF are you doing!? Try the new patch 1.06 and LIVE!

The rest is pure happiness...

Oh my God, the magic is back in PES! I made such an awesome goal that caused me to jump out of my seat. Since PES 5 that didn't happen.

Playing on gamespeed -2 (which I find to be even a little too fast) and superstar-difficulty. Top-player has problems with preventing easy throughballs because the AI is not clever enough, therefore cheating is a bit more there to help out.

On superstar the AI is more clever and it offers less cheating, knock on wood, will report tommorrow if that is consistent with more matches.

Sorry for all the many quotes, but I just agree with everything said!

Speaking of PES cult heroes though, this guy...

images

....would single handedly win me games on PES5. Lanky but with majestic finesse, I'd have him floating in from the left and curl one into the bottom corner ala Henry circa 2001-2004 :COOL:

Yes, I remember Caracciolo. Classy finisher in typical Italian style. Also remember Baggio ruining my team when I came up against Brescia. Great days. :))

When people talk about a game having soul, this is what we mean.
And I thought I was the only one buying Caracciolo back in the day. Digging through players with certain stats for your money back in the day. Digging up gems like him. Can't ever forget.

Hah.. I had him and Rocchi upfront with Pandev and Corvia on the bench. I remember having Foggia (short and very quick feet), Oddo (for his crosses), Corini (legend!) Guardalben (Palermo's GK then) and improved his stats a little according to what I saw on tv :P Can't remember who else though. What I remember is having a notebook with pages full of potential transfers and categorized them as 2 ticks, 1 tick, no tick. 2 ticks obviously meaning first choice.

Them days!

The game is too fast on gamespeed -2. Really, I'm not joking, it's a step too fast. I don't know yet if it is the playermovement or the ballspeed that contributes to it.

And I have difficulties to prevent goals, don't know yet if it just requires a new tactic or if the cheating is back in force.

Since it's sort of a new gameplay with the new speed, responsiveness and throughball-danger, maybe I just need time to adapt, but still... the goalkeeper let two goals in that I expected him to get and let one parry in front of the feet of the opponent striker...

I hope it's just that odd match, cause I enjoy the challenge of superstar.

The game is too fast on gamespeed -2. Really, I'm not joking, it's a step too fast. I don't know yet if it is the playermovement or the ballspeed that contributes to it.

And I have difficulties to prevent goals, don't know yet if it just requires a new tactic or if the cheating is back in force.

Since it's sort of a new gameplay with the new speed, responsiveness and throughball-danger, maybe I just need time to adapt, but still... the goalkeeper let two goals in that I expected him to get and let one parry in front of the feet of the opponent striker...

The game is ALOT faster after the 1.06 update, I had to notch it down a level to compensate. No idea why Konami insist on doing that.

The game is ALOT faster after the 1.06 update, I had to notch it down a level to compensate. No idea why Konami insist on doing that.

Yes, it's really a shame, cause this patch has otherwise so many improvements, but the speed is just too fast and I can't notch it down, there is no -3:COAT:.

Other than the speed, the complaint I have is that my defense seems not to be able to play a straight defense-line for the purpose of offside-play. It's good that throughball is again a useful weapon, but it should be like in real-life where the defense has the offside-weapon to counter it.

Or have I missed something and there is a tactic-setting that tells my defense to play for offside?

Yes, it's really a shame, cause this patch has otherwise so many improvements, but the speed is just too fast and I can't notch it down, there is no -3:COAT:.

Other than the speed, the complaint I have is that my defense seems not to be able to play a straight defense-line for the purpose of offside-play. It's good that throughball is again a useful weapon, but it should be like in real-life where the defense has the offside-weapon to counter it.

Or have I missed something and there is a tactic-setting that tells my defense to play for offside?

there is an offside tactic setting

Thanks, will look into it.

Henry's - offside tactic is usually mapped to Left on the D-pad, but you can check that in the settings, triggering it will instruct your defensive line to push forward in a line together to try and do exactly what you said, but requires impeccable timing

Game on -2 is too fast?:LMAO:

Yesterday, after being classified leading the group by 5 points In advantage to the team In second place, the CPU beat me by 7 x 0, In professional dificulty, and I' not kidding, that was one of the best and more enjoyable matchs i played so far. I can't remember the last time the CPU beat me like this.

I didn't feel cheated, just the first goal that the CPU scored was that quíck passing In my box that i couldn't do anything. Some other goals i was unlucky and some i know i could defend, it was my mistake.

The interesting thing is that being beaten by CPU by 7 x 0 in Professional level was a LOT more fun than loosing by 2 x 1 or 1 x 0 in Top Player.

I knew that We would have Copa Libertadores 2012, but until Yesterday I didn't see that There's an ícon for Libertadores 2012 version In the main menu. I was planning to play Libertadores 2012 in anyway, so it was not that bad to be disqualified In the old version (2011). lol

Last edited:
Henry's - offside tactic is usually mapped to Left on the D-pad, but you can check that in the settings, triggering it will instruct your defensive line to push forward in a line together to try and do exactly what you said, but requires impeccable timing

I have found it, it was really hidden in the menu, never saw that one, lol! Have it now on auto, to trigger it manually is maybe a bit too tricky.

By the way I found out that it helps to have compactness on the lower side of things to help with intercepting throughballs. Have it now on 6.

This patch is a huge improvement on previous versions, it now offers realistic midfield-play, the only dislike I have is the upped speed, now even -2 is too fast, lol!

I hope there comes another patch to tone down speed.

PES is weird. -2 was perfect for me last night. Switch it off. Come back today, switch it on, and -2 is too slow like on slow mo. Thought I was going crazy, kept playing, still too slow, changed it to -1 and it's perfect again.

:?

-1 for South American clubs and -2 for European clubs. I think it's good this way.

Last edited:
PES is weird. -2 was perfect for me last night. Switch it off. Come back today, switch it on, and -2 is too slow like on slow mo. Thought I was going crazy, kept playing, still too slow, changed it to -1 and it's perfect again.

:?

i noticed this too, it's because of some sort of visual perception
pes for me is always faster at night time than during daytime

-1 for South American clubs and -2 for European clubs. I think it's good that way.

Yeah but it's not a golden rule. I think it has to do with all match settings, from stadiums to time of the day to player's mood/stamina.

PES has a lot going on in the background, and not all of it is good.

Last edited:
Since coming back to the game I stayed on zero speed as it seemed perfect ... But last night I tried -1 and it felt better, like players have more weight to them or something.

That said, on -1 I suddenly started having issues timing my tackles so back to zero for me. The longer you play a game speed, the more you get used to it and the more 'normal' the pace seems to the eye. Zero is only just faster than -1 so I'll leave it at that I think. I swear the game was designed for zero speed setting, because if I set the game to a slower speed, like I said, I get issues with tackling and the odd random animation lock up etc. I reckon the engine struggles at times with balancing these things out on a slower speed.

Yeah but it's not a golden rule. I think it has to do with all match settings, from stadiums to time of the day to player's mood/stamina.

PES has a lot going on in the background, and not all of it is good.

I didn't notice much difference In gamespeed depending on wich stadium you play, but somehow i have some preferences regarding wich generic stadium i will play in, since all stadiums for Libertadores are generics.

Ps: à propósito, amigo portuga :), já que estamos falando de estádios, você saberia me dizer onde eu posso encontrar patchs com bom estádios para baixar ? Eu sei que você joga no PC pelo que já li, mas como você é muito fã da série, talvez você saiba me indicar um bom site pra baixar esses patchs para PS3 (versão americana).

Ps2: Sorry to post In portuguese guys, but it is nothing important to share here. ;)

Back
Top Bottom