PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Just made chuckle wondering whether Konmai read these forums and see some comments after an update on here i think what the hell is he talking about we haven't tweaked anything whatsoever.

Probably why they release these small updates without any description on what and how much they have changed gameplay, so people can think 'wow it changed so so much' when in actual fact it hasn't altered hardly at all.

I've played a couple of games and was enjoying the game before the patch. Can't say I've seen any changes YET.

As of yet, haven't noticed one occassion. The only time the CPU scored a header against me was purely contextual when they broke the right back area and crossed with Dzeko already getting ahead of Agger because he was faster. Totally cool with this.

There are times now it seems, when the CPU crosses, my defender is slightly behind, but the defender busts a gut to jostle and jump and just generally put off the striker in the air. There seems more jostling aerially now. Which is great both for you and the CPU. One of the main bad points was the laser guided crosses for the attakcer who has like 80 stats to win the header all the time; this was an issue. Carroll has only scored one header in around 6 games now, which is life-like IMO. So there does seem to be a defender boost in intelligence.

Thanks for the reply, sounds interesting! Might go ahead and reinstall it and give it a go.

Two things prove they changed something: Sidestep animation doesn't get "locked" and you can turn on the GK cursor at all times (sometimes it wouldn't allow me to in free kicks...)

Only thing annoying me right now is the fact keepers still "play dumb" if the ball rebounds on someone...

It's defo a placebo affect.

They haven't done that much but people see and believe what they want to.

The file was about 62mb so how much game play can be seriously affected?

That's not how it works. Several bits of code can be edited (and have a major impact on the game) without the size of the executable barely changing

Ask the guys that edit gameplay on the PC and they will tell you.

Last edited:
I have one Problem, I use the PES Edit Match, and after installing the new Patch 1.06, my ML Crash, Friendly Matches crashes, why is this?

I use Pesdedit Patch also and my exhibition mode crashes. Not sure how it can be connected if the kitserver is not connected to the new exe file.

No. Sorry. It's not a Placebo effect. Been playing this non-stop before the patch and after the patch it has definitely changed. I cannot be crazy.

No. Sorry. It's not a Placebo effect. Been playing this non-stop before the patch and after the patch it has definitely changed. I cannot be crazy.

Agreed. But Lam, it's whatever floats people's boat. If some don't think it's changed, then kudos to them.

Whilst trying not to sound dramatic, I think there is a hell of a lot of small things that have changed for the better. This cannot be placebo. I have given my findings and if anyone wants to press me on more detail then feel free to ask. I'm just going to finish by saying a huge well done to KONAMI. They get some stick, and rightfully so, but the enjoyment I've got out of ML games ALL this afternoon I haven't felt for a long time.

Let's give them credit, when they deserve it!

After playing loads more games I think I'll stick to zero speed. Just like the demos -1 and -2 feel a bit too artificially sluggish for me personally, although i like the increased weight of the players on those speeds, more akin to PES 2011. Not that I love zero, it should be toned down a bit too, like it was seemingly with 1.03. Still unsure about the new patch, it seems to unnecessarily make the game at least on zero speed even more responsive and subsequently quicker in general when it didn't need to be.

Have to agree with you here. I had unknowingly had it on -1 since I updated (I always tend to adjust a setting before switching off for some reason) and while I found myself in agreement with those saying that everything was that little more fluid all round, I did think it was just a little too sluggish.

Went to gamespeed settings out of interest and lo and behold, I was on -1. Once I bumped it back to 0 everything about the game just felt better balanced. Even though I do like, maybe even prefer the overall pace and weight of -1, 0 seems to be the best optimised gameplay speed. I do think -1 would offer a pretty enjoyable but ''nails'' experience som way down the line perhaps but I'm going to stick with 0 for the moment as the patch has managed to eek out just a little more out of the game for me.

You can't believe how tempting it is to give in and to take my xbox360 with the 42" plasma to this room where my internet-connection is and to get the update through xboxlive...

but then I couldn't switch back and forth between the versions to really pinpoint the differences.

It's hard to wait, but in a few days this 1.06 patch will be available outside of xboxlive and I can put it onto my usb-stick... and can compare with 1.00 and 1.03.

Just a few days of waiting then :DANCE:... Have fun with it, people.

Last edited:
I´m back on board. For me the obvious thing is the toned down cpu "cheating". That´s enough for me and congrats to once again active Konami folks. Much smoother, "finished" gameplay a la demos. Great job, finally, and thanks! I needed this!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, definitely.

I think the Cpu defeding still is unbalanced at east for some teams like Tolima.

I've been playing Copa Libertadores and I failed to qualify to the first group stage three times, i think in all these three tries I played against Tolima, and it was really disgusting how the AI played defensively. The worst problem is not having almost ten men behind the bal (it could happen IRL if they are winning an inportant match like this), but the fact that it's almost impossible to find an unmarked man in just a thousandth of a second or a space to shoot, no matter what you do. Players close space so quickly and they are always pressuring my player with the ball like a magnet, and then when they get the ball to counter, sometimes the attacking player goes to the 1-1 mode, i failed to steal the from him and they get a foul, and it's 100% the chance that they will score taking free kicks.

Now i'm playing against JAG (don't know the name of the team) and the space around the area is a bit more open, more realistic, and the Ai is more fair defensively, therefore the game is much more enjoyable.

I played Inter vs Milan an hour ago and it was enjoyable as well... all depends on what team you are playing against.

Last edited:
In more recent games I also noticed that if you are the underdog it seems to be a lot easier to break the CPU's defense for some reason.

Also, Barcelona leaves tons of space in the back with any team. If you can, somehow, stop Messi and his friends, you can win the game with through balls.

I think the Cpu defeding still is unbalanced at east for some teams like Tolima.

I've been playing Copa Libertadores and I failed to qualify to the first group stage three times, i think in all these three tries I played against Tolima, and it was really disgusting how the AI played defensively. The worst problem is not having almost ten men behind the bal (it could happen IRL if they are winning an inportant match like this), but the fact that it's almost impossible to find an unmarked man in just a thousandth of a second or a space to shoot, no matter what you do. Players close space so quickly and they are always pressuring my player with the ball like a magnet, and then when they get the ball to counter, sometimes the attacking player goes to the 1-1 mode, i failed to steal the from him and they get a foul, and it's 100% the chance that they will score taking fouls.

Now i'm playing against JAG (don't know the name of the team) and the space around the area is a bit more open, more realistic, and the Ai is more fair defensively, therefore the game is much more enjoyable.

I played Inter vs Milan an hour ago and it was enjoyable as well... all depends on what team you are playing against.

I learned how to play the game the hard way, version 1.00 is so full of bias and cheating that gives much more opportunities to the CPU that I was forced to play much more concentrated to defeat the cheating.

I've read that the cheating is less in 1.06 but still here are the techniques learned from Jimmy and Blanco here:

1. Use a lower defense-line. This prevents the through-ball-attacks by the CPU that lead to 1 on 1s.

2. When the CPU is attacking don't just concentrate on the ball-carrier but keep a second eye on all other players. When the cheating kicks in, your defenders suddenly want to leave their marked attackers in crucial situations. So you have to keep it in check and reposition your defenders. It's even better to concentrate on these positions than on the ball-carrier.

3. R2-button is a blessing! With it you can when timed well bring the CPU-dribbler out of balance or steal the ball. Single biggest weapon against the superdribblings of the CPU.

4. When the superdribbling happens, don't freak and keep a player in front of the dribbler without going left or right, just in the middle and balanced, then when time is right... R2 or nothing. Containment helps to gain a bit time and balance. It can be combined with other methods.

5. Sometimes you need to commit a foul to interrupt play, best to do it away from your own goal, even risking a yellow card, but don't do it from behind as last defender, it causes a red card.

6. Should a freekick happen near your goal, take control of the goalkeeper. It's not possible in 1.00 but in 1.06 I read from someone, that is possible. It will increase your opportunity of preventing the goal.

7. Cornerkicks are also dangerous when you do nothing, keep your players near the attackers and then jump and try to head the ball away, it will disturb the attackers enough.

8. Get your tactic-plan in shape. The standard-formation is mostly completely bad.

9. In order to break the parking-the bus-defenses of some teams: Use your best players and dribble and use bursts sometimes, that way you will eventually be able to create the space you seek or draw two or more defenders creating space for your other attackers. It's also nice and convenient to get into their goal-area and provoke them to foul you there.

10. Don't trust your goalkeeper, he is nothing but a fieldplayer forced to take the gloves on, during the cheating-phases he is even playing for the opposite team, causing own-goals, fouling your own defenders... to make goals happen.

10. Superstar is a bit easier than top-player regarding cheating, at least it is so in 1.00.

11. Don't give up.:JAY:

Last edited:
Perhaps the only difference that I've noticed is that in the short time I've had with the new patch, the CPU seems to be trying the lofted through ball constantly. But apart from that, no difference.

But that suits me fine because I was enjoying 1.03 anyways.

Last edited:
Guys, have you guys tried to go on training mode with a top team and do some shots on the new patch? The difference is really noticeable there, shots are much stronger and you can actually pick the direction of the shot. Keepers stop nearly all shots from outside the area but a well driven shot with the right player sends in a stunner!

If only the height was a touch less sensitive... It's too easy to just go Ramos on the ball.

What a time for not being able to find my DVD :(

I'm not the only one then. :CONFUSE:

I didn't expect Konami to make another update at this point. So I was using a patch that includes the no-dvd.

After much searching, apparently my younger brother took it with him. So I'll have to wait til next week to play the new patch. Unless :PIRATE:

I've just turned off the game in disgust. CPU scripting and cheating seems rampant again with this new patch. Despite allocating man marking my CB's are drifting way into space giving the forward a clear run on goal. My wingers can be easily caught by defenders with far inferior speed stats. My forwards are missing open goals from 2 yards out. Ping ball super speed CPU passing with all rebounds going to the CPU is making midfield play redundant.

I'm going to take a break for a couple of days and see if there's any improvement. But to say I'm massively disappointed is an understatement.

For what it's worth, as my final thoughts on the matter, I'm loving 1.06.

I've had a peak at some of the other boards and stuff, as well as comments on here, and whilst I fully appreciate that everyone has a right to an opinion, I am generally quite bewildered by the negativity.

I was enjoying the game before the patch, but now, it really is shaping up to be the ultimate football game. I'm kind of scratching my head as to what more KONAMI can do (apart from little tweaks here and there) to make people happy about the game. I mean right about now, in terms of the whole gameplay package, I am really struggling to see how KONAMI could make this iteration any better. I think it's a fantastic game now.

I am back to playing the game on my 50" plasma, and have tuned the tele with the game. People complain about the graphics and stuff, but with GTM option file, the game now looks a right f'kin picture. Both day and night.

I'm noticing tons of little improvements, some different animations in terms of collisions, CPU variation in build up play, increased player individuality, more balanced gameplay, better shooting, better passing, more intelligent runs, better goalies, lovely aerial battles.

I think I could go on, but it really isn't my job to convince anyone, you can only convince yourself, and if some are still hating the game, that's up to them. For me, this is now near enough, the complete football game barring overhauls to stamina/collisions/animations. And even some of the animations and collisions are better than FIFA IMO. The amount of 'on the ball' control I feel now is stunning. Technicians like Suarez make you feel you can create anything, whilst sturdy players like Gerrard, never get knocked off the ball. Loving it. Well done KONAMI.

I'd like to know what platform everyone's playing the latest patch on. Plus game speed and difficulty. I'd like to compare.

i played yesterday the whole day and i noticed that while professional now has almost no cheating,cpu teams at top player and superstar are still cheating.

The cheating is worse in top player than superstar level.

I'm playing on xbox 360

Lol, not played new one myself, but people were saying 1.03 was a placebo when it came out. (least of all Jimmy :JAY:) Yet we all agree now how much more improved it is.

For some reason I cant see the new Libertadores teams in Edit mode but can see them if I want to play a match. Can anyone else check?

Back
Top Bottom